The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What does the Jury KNOW?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-07-01, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What does the Jury KNOW?"
I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but I wasn't around, so help me out. Does the jury get any information about what happens at the camp after they leave? Do they get to see raw footage, hear comments, get summaries, discuss with other jury members? I understand that they are sequestered from the pre-jury people, but are they from each other?

Thanks for the info in advance!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What does the Jury KNOW? MikeD 12-07-01 1
 RE: What does the Jury KNOW? zzz 12-07-01 2
 RE: What does the Jury KNOW? SurvivorBlows 12-07-01 3
   RE: What does the Jury KNOW? Canada Girl 12-07-01 5
 RE: What does the Jury KNOW? petepan 12-07-01 4
   RE: What does the Jury KNOW? Loree 12-07-01 6
       RE: What does the Jury KNOW? gemstone 12-08-01 7
           RE: What does the Jury KNOW? zzz 12-08-01 8
               RE: What does the Jury KNOW? Rose Red 12-09-01 9
                   RE: What does the Jury KNOW? gemstone 12-09-01 10
                       RE: What does the Jury KNOW? zzz 12-09-01 11
                           RE: What does the Jury KNOW? gemstone 12-09-01 12
                               RE: What does the Jury KNOW? zzz 12-10-01 15
                           RE: What does the Jury KNOW? drich61 12-09-01 14
   RE: What does the Jury KNOW? katem 12-09-01 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-07-01, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
I doubt it, but I'm sure they talk to the other jury members as they are voted off about what happened.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-07-01, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
I believe the only information they formally get is from the TCs that they attend. Remember that TCs are a lot longer than we ever see, so they get a pretty good idea of what is going on. Of course, I also assume that as new jurors are added, they fill in some details for the other jurors.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-01, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
The juries do not see any video, etc. from camp.

They only get to see what they see during the 2-3 hours of the TC filming (although how close they are to the remaining survivors during this time is unclear.)

What the jury does get to do is "compare notes" during all those days out of the game... assuming they opt to hang out together. Of course since they have to be back the the TC every third day, there's only so far they can travel during those days off.

-SB

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-01, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
Thanks guys! That's very helpful.

Wouldn't a Survivor outtakes be great. I'd love to see the half hour of hell the tribes have as they wait for Jeff to tally the votes, or see what the booted people say to each other.

petepan 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-07-01, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petepan Click to send private message to petepan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
On the Early Show this morning Kelly mentioned she didn't know until last night that Brandon was the one that voted for her. If the bootees are allowed to "talk amongst themselves" about what happened after they were kicked out, wouldn't Kelly have found out that Brandon was the idiot, I mean individual, that voted for her?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-01, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
I think this might point to being a thought that Brandon is not in the final 2. If Brandon made the final 2 I would suspect that someone wanting his opposition to win would inform Kelly that Brandon had voted for her. So she would be upset with Brandon and not vote for him to win the million. But if he never makes it that far there may be no reason to ever tell her. Afterall Lex, Ethan, Tom and MamaKim voted for her too. And they were suppose to be her original alliance. Brandon didn't really ever have any deal with her so he wasn't really betraying Kelly.

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-08-01, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
They are not allowed to talk about what happened in the game or what led to the booties expulsion, etc., according to Kelly.

12-08-01, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
>They are not allowed to talk
>about what happened in the
>game or what led to
>the booties expulsion, etc., according
>to Kelly.

I have read a few reports of things Kelly has said (e.g., Early Show, Chat) but have not heard this statement reported before. Could you please give me a link to your source?

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-09-01, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
I haven't heard this before either. I find it soooo hard to believe that they discuss NOTHING about the show with the other jury members like they were on a REAL sequestered jury. Or is it that they are not allowed to discuss their VOTES at the end with the other members? I can't imagine being stuck at the Hotel Toast for three days at time for WEEKS and not being able to talk about the one thing you have in common with all these people, which is what you just went through, i.e., HELL!
And now all those bugs! It's gone from being an Agatha Christie mystery to a Shakespearean tragedy to THE BIBLE! The plague of the locusts!

12-09-01, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
Well I'm sure may slip but Kelly said she didn't know who voted for her for a long time.

Link from another board which has some interesting interviews from Clarence, Lindsey and Kelly

http://maui1.to/~survivor

12-09-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
11. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
The fact that people chose not to tell Kelly certain things does not mean they were prevented by the rules from telling her. How could the producers even monitor this kind of conversation?

In S1, non-jury members apparently tried to influence jury members, so they now sequestor jury members from non-jury members. I just don't see how they can have a rule that limits what the jury members can say to each other.

12-09-01, 01:55 PM (EST)
12. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
On S2, Jeff asked if they had talked amongst themselves and they all replied, "No".

Why can they not have this rule? Why would this be any different then telling real jury members not to talk or read anything about the case? Real jurors are not monitored.

Kelly says in the interview they are "not allowed to talk about it."

Why would she say this if they could talk about it?

12-10-01, 10:52 AM (EST)
15. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
OK--I finally got your linked site to download and play Kelly's quote. That is very interesting that she says the jury members are not allowed to talk about what happened to them while they were in the game. This rule, if Kelly is telling the truth (which I guess I have to assume she is), would explain why she would not know certain information. This quote also makes her comments about things that she learned only just before coming home as having NO spoiler information.

Thank you for this link. I am surprised this information has not been more widely spread.

I think that this may answer the question--what does the jury know?

They know what they saw while in the game and they know what they see while they are at each TC. That may be it. It looks like they get NO information from each other.

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-01, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
>How could
>the producers even monitor this
>kind of conversation?
>I
>just don't see how they
>can have a rule that
>limits what the jury members
>can say to each other.

Kelly clearly says in that clip from the link above that they are not allowed to talk about what lead up to their expultion or what happened in those 3 days. Why is it so hard to believe that the producers can't control this here, but that they can stop them from talking to prejury members about future boot orders. So that Clarence can have no clue if Brandon has furtunes coming.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-01, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What does the Jury KNOW?"
I believe she actually said something to the fact that she did not know it was Teresa that had voted for Lex (that T was the snake) until just before she left Africa.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •