The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Smelling out the "rat". The answer was there all along"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-07-01, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Smelling out the "rat". The answer was there all along"
It crossed my mind the first time I heard it, but then thought it was too far fetched. Who is the infamous "Rat" of Survivor?

Kelly Wigglesworth. Who is the perceived "rat" that got booted this week...Kelly Goldsmith.

When the word rat was show in parentheses, the correlation to Kelly of Survivor 1 totally came to mind, especially when there started to be references to "snake" as well.....Nice clue MB!

Also, I can't believe how many people are saying Brandon made a dumb move! It was the best move he could have made. If he would have voted off Lex with the rest of the gang, Tom could win immunity next go around, and there'd have to be a faceoff. If Brandon was thinking this, he is quite smart (which I think he is). If he votes with Boran next time around, then the IDIOT flames can start coming.

The smart move for the old Samburus next round is to target TOM, not LEX since LEX has many more votes, and by Borans getting booted the Old Sambies are going to start accumulating votes. When we get down to one Boran, we may see a switch in allegiances by F/T or K/B with the last remaining Boran to ensure Top 3.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Smelling out the "rat". The ans... zzz 12-07-01 1
   RE: Smelling out the "rat". The ans... cowboyroo 12-07-01 2
       RE: Smelling out the "rat". The ans... zzz 12-07-01 3
           RE: Smelling out the "rat". The ans... MikeD 12-07-01 4
 RE: Smelling out the "rat". The ans... red 12-07-01 5
   RE: Smelling out the "rat". The ans... Loree 12-07-01 6
 RE: Smelling out the "rat". The ans... SurvivorBlows 12-07-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-01, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Smelling out the "rat". The answer was there all along"
One clarification--

I do not think it was a fear of Tom getting immunity. The old Samburu--with their new ally Kelly--would take out Ethan or KimJ if Tom got immunity. There would not be a tie unless Kelly betrayed them and went back to old Boran (I suppose a real risk), but then they could have targeted Kelly next if they got wind of this (she would have had prior votes at that point).

NO--my theory on why Brandon did this is outlined in detail elsewhere (see the Death of Logic), but it boils down to not liking either deal offered to him--fifth place--so he took a third path--play both sides.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-01, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Smelling out the "rat". The answer was there all along"
Also, could Brandon have been totally sure that the Old Borans would stick to the plan. He knew that Lex was getting 4 votes. So no matter who he voted for, if Boran was playing him and voted for a Samburu, there would be a 4-4-1 tie, him being the odd man out and he could go revote for Lex, still in a good place to be.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-01, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Smelling out the "rat". The answer was there all along"
I am almost certain that Brandon had NO doubts about how every other person was voting. If there had been such a tie, however, and it had been Frank as the target of Boran, Brandon might have voted out Frank and then join the Kelly-Teresa-KimP alliance. If they were just completely playing him and Kelly stayed with Boran--there would not have been a tie at all--it would have been 5 votes for whomever Boran wanted to take out.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-07-01, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Smelling out the "rat". The answer was there all along"
completely agree - i think Brandon knew what he was doing. He made a VERY smart decision.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-07-01, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Smelling out the "rat". The answer was there all along"
I think they'd do better to take out Lex before Tom since he's actually more likely to win immunity down the road (Lex that is.)

As a side, was anyone as shocked as me last night? I just about blew a fuse. So much for spoilers, so much for logic, so much for interpreting editing. Based on what I saw last week I decided my picks for next week would be:

Reward: Ethan
Immunity: Ethan
Voted off: Ethan

Hey - its just as likely as anything that happened last night. Plus, he's just had a big increase in face time. You say you can't win immunity and be votes off? And I say have you read the Ethan=Jesus Christ theory?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-01, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Smelling out the "rat". The answer was there all along"
Yes I was surprised lastnight. I was sitting there watching it and thinking that neither Teresa or Frank looked like they were going to get any votes. I actually wondered if Lex might leave. I realized it was up to Brandon to decide.

Whether Brandon was smart or stupid depends on what he does next week. If he goes back to Samburu I think he is smart. If he stays with Boran then he is as big an idiot as Lex.

Brandon might have seen it better for him personally to get rid of Kelly rather than Lex. Kelly was still an original Boran which is what the Samburus wanted to boot. And she could bump him back a spot if she bonded with the Samburus after voting with them. Maybe Brandon saw Kelly and KimP &/or Teresa as getting close. Where Brandon thought Lex would never bond with the Samburus. So he felt safer leaving Lex (and all his votes) in the tribe. Kelly is gone and now Brandon feels more confident of his place in a 4-person alliance. Of course the Samburus will welcome Brandon back. They need him and his vote.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-01, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Smelling out the "rat". The answer was there all along"
>
>Also, I can't believe how many
>people are saying Brandon made
>a dumb move! It was
>the best move he could
>have made. If he would
>have voted off Lex with
>the rest of the gang,
>Tom could win immunity next
>go around, and there'd have
>to be a faceoff.

I hate to be pointing this out in yet another poster's post, but once again this is not true. Everyone is forgetting that KELLY would have survivied but now be burdened with FOUR votes.

The plan at the next council with be to vote Tom. If Tom wins the immunity then turning on Kelly would be the failsafe.

-SB

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •