The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Final Four"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

capcomguy 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-04-06, 05:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail capcomguy Click to send private message to capcomguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Final Four"
Elliot and I don't connect. I'm not feeling him as a performer. I never care for someone who just gets up there and sings. He's trying but he is so uninteresting.

I don't know what people see in Taylor. Some say he's fun and different. I guess so but in a "do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around way." Not for me.

Chris is so unyielding. I was rooting for him early on but now I am just bored. And I guess that's fitting because he is now boring.

Katherine is now my new favorite. Great voice. Beautiful. Some personality. Although I am just not that interested in the show anymore.

Paula...I cant stand you. Let Simon speak. You have your say, let him have his. Just because you choose to waste your time speaking mindless dribble dont impose on someone elses. Randy. Get some new sayings.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Final Four singer 05-04-06 1
 My Final Four Predictions geekboy 05-04-06 2
   RE: My Final Four Predictions Reality_Tv_fan_90 05-04-06 3
       RE: My Final Four Predictions nailbone 05-04-06 4
   RE: My Final Four Predictions sica077 05-04-06 11
   RE: My Final Four Predictions sweet cheeks 05-04-06 13
 RE: The Final Four theking0075 05-04-06 5
   RE: The Final Four fenway_frank 05-04-06 6
 RE: The Final Four jags 05-04-06 7
   RE: The Final Four nazpink 05-04-06 8
       RE: The Final Four jags 05-04-06 10
   RE: The Final Four theking0075 05-04-06 9
       RE: The Final Four nailbone 05-04-06 12
 RE: The Final Four Comsat 05-04-06 14
   RE: The Final Four SeniorCitizen 05-04-06 15
   RE: The Final Four tamarama 05-05-06 16
 RE: The Final Four Tahj 05-05-06 17
 I'm a Taylor Hater and proud of it! 2Centz 05-08-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-04-06, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Final Four"
*wipes coffee from computer monitor--AGAIN*

Kat is definitely the best vocalist left. Even when she's nervous, she uses her technique to get her voice back on track. Elliott, on the other hand, stays breathy and kind of weird-sounding when he's under pressure. The speed of his vibrato is directly proportionate to how nervous he seems to feel. Between the two of these singers, I'd choose Kat, even on a bad day.

I still like Taylor, because he's quirky and warm. I could see him doing an "Unplugged"-type CD or something like that. His voice is unusual, and it would work well if I could hear it without an extremely heavy band on ballads and with a really funky, but not overpowering rhythm section on upbeat songs. I also can see Taylor playing smaller concert halls, so that he can connect with his audience easily.

Chris sounds ok (more than ok, if I am going to be completely fair) but he looks like a Serial Killer to me. The shaved head and the Death Stare aren't very warm. But his voice can be. If I compare him to Taylor, I would choose Taylor, because of the warmth factor.

--Singer

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "My Final Four Predictions"
Now that Paris is gone, we have 3 boys and one lone girl. I think this week in many ways was quite telling in terms of predicting how this final four will fall out.

First off, over the past several weeks, Elliot has surged with confidence and has lost the nerves he was struggling with early on. On the other hand, Kat seems to have started to get the nerves that Elliot has lost.

Secondly, Taylor seems to have come to the conclusion FINALLY that he knows best what songs to sing. This past week was his, and he picked some risky songs but it paid off. His confidence is back.

Chris is Chris. He does his Chris thing. Not much news on the Chris-front.

I'm seeing an all-boy final three. I think with Kat's newly aquired nerves, combined with Elvis week, i think she may be going home on Wednesday.

With an Elliot/Taylor/Chris final three, I think its safe to say Elliot would then go, leaving a final two of Chris/Taylor.

With that final two, all bets are off. I think the voting will be once again VERY CLOSE, and totally dependent on their final performances and song choices. That will be a fun show.

* crosses fingers *

geekboy

Reality_Tv_fan_90 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-06, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to send private message to Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My Final Four Predictions"
I think Kat will outlast Elliot. She is definatley better and alot more interesting. She is really the only performance I look forward to anymore. Chris is okay, but the straight rock EVERY week is just BBBBOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG! I have never and still do not see what people like about Taylor. I have not yet heard a single performance from him I have liked. Same goes for Elliot.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My Final Four Predictions"
I agree. I think Elvis week will be tougher for Elliot than for Kat.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My Final Four Predictions"
Here's what's tough with this final four - I love them all! I like some more than others, but overall I think they are all great for their own reasons.

I strongly feel that Taylor and Chris will be in the final two. And between Elliott and Katharine, I am not sure who will go next, but I really do not see either of them going to the final two because I don't perceive them having a large enough fanbase.

From here on out, I am going to be sad seeing any one of them leave; unlike last year where I could've cared less. I think this is the best bunch AI has had in a long time.

*sniffle*

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-06, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: My Final Four Predictions"

Well I personally think Elliot should have left.
Paris is much more talented than he is.
Katharine beats them all, but her mother is a music teacher.
So what do you expect.
Voting Paris off is a big mistake in my way of thinking.
But its done so be it.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-04-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Final Four"
>I never care for someone who just gets up there and sings.
>Katherine is now my new favorite.

This is a major contradiction if you ask me. Just standing there and singing is exactly what Kat has done 90% of the time! Taylor and Chris are the better performers even if they are not the better singers. That is exactly why they are constantly two of the top vote getters.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

fenway_frank 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-04-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fenway_frank Click to send private message to fenway_frank Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Final Four"
and you have to figure Elvis week will be huge for taylor...i guess we'll get some alternative elvis from chris...i think elliott is screwed this week...and i think Kat can sing anything if she maintains her composure...

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Final Four"
Katherine just gets up there and sings.
Did you see the performance this week. She sold that song with the box drums and her on the ground staying close to the beat.
SHe is by far the best voice now that Paris is gone. Paris also had a wonderful voice. I will not take anything away from the others you will see them all with a record deal when this is over. And after there commitment to AI.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Final Four"
First off, in a way I don't want to see Katherine, Chris or Taylor win AI because I think they can do better than this competition. This was definately a great way to get them recognized, but with the way the other winners careers have gone I wouldn't want to win this thing. I think Kelly Clarkson has been the only one with the biggest and longest lasting success of the winners.

I think Katherine, Chris and Taylor are the better singers. I would like to see Katherine perform a little more. I don't expect her to do any Britnney Spears moves but it would be nice to see more than standing. Chris and Taylor captivate me and entertain me. I would definately buy their cds and go to their concerts.

As for Elliot, well he's not a bad singer but I agree his nerves are exposed when he sings and he lacks interest for me.

As far as the judges. I am sick of the immature commentary, they seem to be trying to draw attention to themselves rather than keep it on the contestants. I am sick of Randy booing Simon during the intros and I'm sick of hearing him say "check this out" and "dawg". I am sick of Paula's fakeness and drunken sounding rants. Simon can be a ##### at times but somehow I can tolerate him much more.

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Final Four"
I have said it for a while the final six will all have recording contracts. Elliot is probably the least markeable of the six. But the problem you have is they all have a commitment to AI after the competition is over. It would be great if they could all get started at the same time and to see them flourish. I do not understand the way some people feel towards Kat because she is really very talented. Each of these singers will be in different genres and never really compete against each other in records sales. But I am excited to see each of them start there careers.
jags

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-04-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Final Four"
>Katherine just gets up there and sings.
>Did you see the performance this week.

Yes, and that's exactly why I said 90% of the time she just stands there and sings. Every performance before that one, all I can remember her doing is standing behind the Mike Stand and singing. I think she is a very boring performer.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Final Four"
She tried that "movin' around" stuff, and it nearly caused a wardrobe malfunction. And that second song this week, definitely NOT a "standing behind the Mike Stand" performance!

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Comsat 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-06, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Comsat Click to send private message to Comsat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Final Four"
I think the remaining contestants are all stuck in one genre, except for Kat. She's the most versitile, my opinion. Taylor, Chris, and Elliot are almost become charicatures of themselves, you know what I mean?

Anyway, it's clear that Kat and Chris will be standing at the end.

SeniorCitizen 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-06, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeniorCitizen Click to send private message to SeniorCitizen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Final Four"
I loved the way Kat used her wardrobe malfunction which has become a legend on the internet. By wearing a dress with belts around the breast, waist, and knees, she played off the previous week's 'incident' in a witty way. One of the people on these boards made a little comment on seeing panty lines when she first appeared in the legendary yellow dress. Thank goodness! A flash of white when the final button popped was naughty, but not a 'Lohan Moment'. If dialidol was a reflection of the phone votes, then Kat must have received a big portion of the text vote. I suspect she brought a lot of new viewers to the show.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Final Four"
>>Anyway, it's clear that Kat and Chris will be standing at the end.<<

I still gotta say...I don't see why this is so "clear."

Time and again, we've seen singers suffer for bad performances one week later.

Kat's "Against All Odds" really sucked this week -- I think she & Elliot will be bottom 2 next week, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her go. (Elliott will likely get a bit of a voting surge because of his trip to the bottom - will it be enough? who knows.)

I disagree that Kat has any advantage over Elliot with Elvis music. I think they'll both do ok.

We don't know for sure what place she was in this week either...she may have been 3rd - from the bottom and from the top.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-05-06, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Final Four"
Dude! So why are you still watching?

Moves courtesy of Syren

2Centz 150 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 2Centz Click to send private message to 2Centz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "I'm a Taylor Hater and proud of it!"

>
>
>I don't know what people see
>in Taylor. Some say he's
>fun and different. I guess
>so but in a "do
>the hokey pokey and you
>turn yourself around way."

>
>
capcomguy, amen to that. I simply can not get my head around the idea that Taylor Hicks is a favorite here.

Let me be clear: I DO NOT HATE TAYLOR, I just used the above title for dramatic effect. Taylor seems like a relly nice guy. I do not, however, think he should have gotten this far, and I do not think he should win.

When I say that to Taylor fans, they tend to get intensely angry and say stuff like, "you can tell he really loves to perform" as if it means something, like the other contestants hate to perform, or deserve to lose because they don't love performing as much as Taylor.
Here's what I'd never say to a Taylor lover's face:

If spazzing while singing indicates one's love for entertaining, then he's the best entertainer on the planet.

I close my eyes when he's up there and hear a voice that's good, but good in a way that I'd listen to him while sucking down a pina colada and playing Keno at the Lagoon Saloon in the Las Vegas Mirage Hotel lobby. He might also do well on a cruise ship, where he'd captivate the captive audience.

Even if he wins, which is a distinct possibility based on the numbers on DialIdol.com, I predict he'd go the way of Reuben Studdard, with mediocre album sales. Like Reuben, who is a low-rent Luther Vandross, Taylor's talent is limited to mimicking others way more talented than him like Joe Cocker, Michael McDonald and other blues-rockers. Simon's not wrong to call him a bad wedding singer, since that's kinda what he is.

I know bashing oter posters is strictly prohibited on this site, but I'd be curious to see what all the Taylor lovers have to say about me. I am, however, open to hearing just what it is that make s Taylor Hicks God's gift to AI.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •