The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Insider "Clarifications" on Ep 8 Machinations"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-01, 04:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Insider "Clarifications" on Ep 8 Machinations"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-01 AT 04:43 AM (EST)

Here's the backstory to Ep8 as MB gives it us in hindsight.
Because it paints such a clear picture of the next outcome, I assume something will go wrong with someone's schemes, but we have to start somewhere and this does lay to rest some of our speculations. Mockingbird has already filled us in about Brandon's TC speech, but I wanted to lay it all out in one place.

1) Brandon sounds off about Frank, sex and food
Brandon, in confessional, sounds terribly earnest: he is dying to vote off Frank, can't wait, every day with Frank is torture to Brandon... but

There is a thorn in Brandon's plan, named Tom, revealed in....

2)Kelly’s perfect plan to remain in the game
This title's irony is too painful. I already miss Kelly.
She was too smart for her teammates.

This confessional is done while Lex and Ethan are away, so before Kelly finds out she's the target. She is annoyed at being 5th per the Boran plan (which they have made known to her--idiots!), but she plans to stay loyal for at least 2 more episodes. She figures she is good for 5th either way.

We know from this that Kelly was the outside cog in Boran, meaning that MamaKim and Tom really were closer to Lex/Ethan.

Kelly says she is a free agent, the term Brandon fed to Lex. Either she used it twice or Brandon overheard this confessional.

Kelly explains Brandon's plan for old Samburu that has emerged that day.

Plan A
Brandon will try to get Boran to vote against Frank, and all of Samburu will vote against Lex. (Kelly has told KimP she's voting with Boran.) Win-win for Brandon. Frank or Lex are gone, but it may well be Lex, because:

Brandon knows Tom really likes Frank and won't want to vote against him, so he thinks maybe that will split the Boran vote. Tom will break ranks and it'll go 4-4-1. Tie (?), and Lex will lose because he has 2 prior votes and "Frank only has One" (they do know about Silas' vote!).

(I've never seen a tie where there was an odd vote. I would think the revote would allow the odd voter to change their vote, and so it wouldn't go to a deadlock. But this was what they envisioned.)

Plan B. Lex gets immunity; Samburu votes against Tom, who would lose tiebreaker due to prior votes. This all assumes that Tom votes for a Samburu other than Frank--maybe Brandon?

Obviously this plan gets aborted when Samburu later learns that Boran will target Kelly, but it's interesting to hear about, and it confirms that Brandon not T-bird was in charge of S. strategy. Not a surprise to those of us who knew Brandon had the strategic brain of the lot.

Kelly says she'll be fine whoever becomes majority tribe because she's 5th either way, at worst. Too bad her perfect plan fails due to Lex's misguided GUT.

I loved this last part: Kelly didn't vote against Lex so she's technically being truthful to him, BUT Kelly talked Clarence into throwing his vote towards Lex. So in my mind, she was the rat after all...(in a good way). Lex was right but he made his move TOO SOON.

Lex and Ethan’s perfect plan to oust Kelly
On the ride to town, Lex and Ethan decide Kelly is likely to defect (just as Pinky called it) and they want her out, although they know it's risky to reduce their numbers. Ethan shows no problem at all with axing Kelly (this one's really hard to hear) and he really seems completely tight with Lex. They say something that sounds like "voting out Kim" and I don't know which one; hope it's clear to someone who transcribes this.

Tribal Council voting
Brandon makes it clear he did not tell Samburu in advance that he was voting Kelly. He is doing it for Samburu to regain power by leveling the numbers and loading four votes onto Lex.

B: "I may bite it for this." "My team may never forgive me."

He promised Lex he would vote this way this time and he will, but next week "his team" will be "back in control" because they will have a tiebreaker and Lex and Tom will both have more votes than any Samburu. (Simple. Tied up with a bow.) Oh, and sorry Kelly, but you tried to get rid of Brandon in his tribe and he WOULD do it to you. (Loose paraphrase)

Conclusion: Brandon doesn't plan to join Boran, and he hopes to work to eliminate Frank any way that can be done strategically.

Speculation:
Why did Brandon take the risk of not informing his team? There are a few reasons he might want to stay cagey.

1) to be sure that Lex didn't catch the vibe that B was still loyal.

2) T-bird for one would have felt bad, although she had no power to save Kelly, and T-bird's a bad liar, might have given it away.

3) Kelly might have made a stronger plea to Boran had she known Brandon's vote for sure, and Boran might have spared her.

4) Samburu would probably have pushed Brandon to oust Lex now, which was totally in their power, but B wanted Kelly out so as to keep his place in the Samburu Final 4 and not admit a new ally. Kelly was no great friend to Brandon and neither are Teresa or Frank, so Brandon would quite possibly be first out of a 5-person majority.

Other TC votes
Tom Very unhappy voting against Kelly and only doing it because "majority" agreed she was the Rat. If she's not Rat, he's really sorry.

Ethan No speech shown, but he had agreed with Lex on the bus to oust Kelly. I wonder why they cut his words.

MamaKim shows that she fully agreed to vote off Kelly due to failure of trust. Says she really trusted her at the beginning but Kelly has been going around pitting one person against the other and trying to manipulate the game and Kim really doesn't like or trust that behavior.

Conclusion: MamaKim is firm in her Boran alliance and dislikes shifting. She will need to lose trust again to turn on her own, and does not seem likely to ally with Teresa, Frank, or Kim while Boran has strength. She's a believer in "character."

Samburu
Teresa really likes Lex's personality and leadership skills. Gag.
KimP only says he's an immunity/leadership threat.
Frank says there's only one spot "allocated" between them--whatever that means... cryptic Frank (hard to hear too).

So we are left with what Brandon sees as a no brainer for Ep 9.
He will rejoin Samburu and there will be a 4-4 tie. Either Lex or Tom goes depending on IC, and Brandon's on his way to the Final 4.

UNLESS, the Samburu no longer trust him and split their vote. If Brandon maintains any weight with Boran, he will probably try to get them to vote against Frank, but I do not think Boran were ever going to split their vote due to Tom's personal like of Frank. It's pretty clear that Tom votes as the Boran majority ordains.

So logically the question next week is reduced to: Lex or Tom?
MB could have kept us speculating as to whether Brandon shifted loyalties. Why did he release an Insider Clip that gives us the info?

Possibly so we will know that Samburu really can trust Brandon when we hear him explain his motivations, and we will appreciate the irony that they choose not to believe him.

These people are so illogical. Without Brandon, Samburu only has 3 votes, so they have nothing to lose by agreeing to vote with him and everything to win if they oust Lex or Tom. How stupid can these morons get?

Oh, and since we know Kelly and Silas became friends, it's now even more apparent why Silas is sure he doesn't like Lex without having had much contact with him. He's gotten the earful, which means Kelly and Lex probably didn't bond as early jury members.

Obviously they might just sit at the lodge and hate each other, but on the other hand they might get over it if they basically lost back to back. Perhaps Lex makes it farther on despite the odds, and that's why nobody who has been booted thus far likes him now that the game's "ended."

Well, onwards to Ep 9 spoilers...
Here's yet another variation of the preview, from "Still Standing: Survivor Newletter"--another CBS official email (differing from the EyeMail).

ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR AFRICA
* The tribe reacts to Brandon's decision.
* Tom helps the women shower.
* An unlikely date is on the minds of many.
* A tribe member breaks down in tears over a critical decision that needs to be made.

Ewww, to item #2... See his offer to Lindsey from Insider Clip #6 if you want to imagine VERY BAD THINGS.

With every mistake, we must surely be learning--George Harrison

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Brandon is Key, and not the Kappa K... coolbeans56 12-07-01 1
   Thanks to you both Rose Red 12-07-01 2
       RE: Thanks to you both zzz 12-07-01 3
           RE: Thanks to you both Naked 12-09-01 19
 RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep ... MakeItStop 12-07-01 4
   RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep ... zzz 12-07-01 5
       gracious? mavsfan 12-07-01 10
           RE: gracious? PepeLePew13 12-08-01 11
               RE: gracious? zzz 12-08-01 13
                   RE: gracious? PepeLePew13 12-08-01 14
   RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep ... katem 12-08-01 17
 RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep ... Outfrontgirl 12-07-01 6
   RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep ... Stairway2Dayton 12-07-01 7
       RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep ... zzz 12-07-01 8
       RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep ... Outfrontgirl 12-07-01 9
           SILAS AS KELLY'S MOUTHPIECE Rose Red 12-08-01 12
 Ethan is just as stupid as Lex zzz 12-08-01 15
   RE: Ethan is just as stupid as Lex Rose Red 12-08-01 16
       RE: Ethan is just as stupid as Lex zzz 12-08-01 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

coolbeans56 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-07-01, 05:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbeans56 Click to send private message to coolbeans56 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Brandon is Key, and not the Kappa Key on Kelly's Vote (Major Specualtion ahead)"
Brandon said he is now the power player... something he doesn't like.

If the date is Tom/Teresa, and lex finds out about Terea voting for Lex way back when, then he will really get nervous... especially with Tom's comment about Lex's loyalties getting shakey.

This will not be the Pagong show. Suvivor 1 and 2 stayed tight with their original tribes. Now, you have two episodes where cross tribes alliances have played a part in the show.

The first one was the short lived, Clarence/Teresa Immunity Promise. Teresa voted and thought nothing of it, it was Lex's reaction that threw it helter skelter.

Now we has the Teresa/Frank (a sheep)/lil' Kim/Kelly Voting

and The Boran 4 Voting the other way..

and Brandon picking and choosing who to vote off.

Brandon picked off his biggest threat. Kelly said that Brandon was smart on survivor insider. If anyone was to match wits with Brandon, it would be be Kelly.

Kelly Jumped at the right time, but she was "OUTWITTED" by Brandon, and it was her ONE mistake, that is all it takes

LEX will hang his own noose, Brandon won't do anything. Brandon only promised to vote for Kelly, no talk of future voting.

I see Brandon really playing the fense. He knows that Samburo will vote two more Boran, before canabalizing him... so here.. if I were in Brandon's shoes is what I would do

Huge prediction (My personal fantasy... because I love to think of the unthinkable... I love underdogs, and this is all speculation)

week 9- Tom is sick, easy kill

L/T/MK/E will vote Teresa

B/LK/F/T will vote Tom

Tie breaker, Tom is finished

Week Ten- Lex is going nuts

L/MK/E votes Frank

B/LK/F/T Vote Lex

Week 11- Its 6 people 4-2 Samburo advantage... time to boot Brandon... Brandon Jumps ship... neither Ethan nor MK has votes. Brandon knows all votes now.

B/MK/E vote Frank

LK/T/F vote Brandon

Frank is booted

lil' Kim betrayed Brandon

Week 12... I really can't say, its a month away, but Brandon has broke the final five. He may go back to Lil'kim (Big if) and Teresa and take Ethan (because of Immunity) to the final four. Then the test will happen, who will betray who?

huge speculation on my part, and I thought that Kelly would make it far too, so take it with a grain of salt.

my two cents,
Coolbeans56

P.S. Kelly's drew a KAPPA Key in the corner of her vote for Lex, My Survivor group GROANED when we saw it... damn Kappa's ...we at Monmouth College can't GET AWAY....

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-07-01, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Thanks to you both"
Grrreat analysis and summations by you both, OFG and CB. I'm STUNNED by the Survivor Insider revelations, OFG, and thank you for providing them so quickly.
I left my friend's house where I watch Survivor every week, feeling that both he and I just HATED Brandon for being what we saw was the REAL snake. Now, this SI news makes him seem REALLY smart, really strategic. His not telling the other SBs about this was even smarter. He totally outsmarted Kelly, but can he continue to outsmart Lex? He can keep a poker face, but can Frank, Teresa and Li'l Kim, who FINALLY made her series debut last night as a likeable person.
My head is spinning. This was SOME surprising, if not shocking episode. Great TV. I was gripped. Also elated and enlightened by Ethan's and Lex's colorful side trip.
And Ethan is now coming out of the closet as THE WINNER. He will now go on an immunity run as long as Colby and Kelly Wiggles. Nobody seems close to him now either mentally or physically.
Ethan's SI bus revelations about Kelly and also Mamakim, I find shocking, too, OFG. There's no soft spot in his heart for women anywhere, it seems.
SI now becomes, with this episode something absolutely VITAL to the understanding of the show. I'm shocked by this development, too.
It does look like with the tiebreaker coming up that either Tom or Lex will go, and then with the Samburu having the upper hand, PHEW! WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!?!
Good-bye Pagong show and hello great, exciting, suspenseful TV. And now with everything see-sawing back and forth ETHAN HAS to keep winning all the immunity challenges. HAS TO. Or he's brunch, er, I mean toast.
Tom's sick, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the four Samburus will unite to vote HIM off, it could be Lex in a tie=breaker next week.
And who will the Boron target now? Maybe Frank, but they like him. This is where it may come back to bite Brandon's smart little hein-end and they all decide that HE betrayed them, or maybe Brandon will be able to snow all of them and talk them into voting for Frank, while he talks the Samburu into voting for Lex.
And Lex is now going to become a word synonomous with IDIOT!?! He had this all sewn up until his little WITCH HUNT, which will now prove his undoing. Even if he makes it to the final two, which I seriously doubt, will KELLY vote for him? I don't think so. EVERYBODY"S gonna want him gone now. And what happens if Teresa reveals it was SHE who voted for him? Tom, Ethan and Mamakim are gonna be VERY angry with him, eventually.
Oh, what a twisted web we are now weaving, Mr. Burnett! And my hats off to you. You've revitalized your once-predictable series into something NEW again and VERY exciting!
What will happen next? I was on the edge of my seat tonight! Stay tuned!

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-07-01, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thanks to you both"
Rose--

You know I love you, but I need to ask you one small favor. Please quit it with the "brunch--er I mean toast" joke. It was cute the first time. Still a little clever the second time. By this point, it is getting really old.

Nevertheless, keep up the great analysis. MB has us on the ropes; will we rebound?

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-09-01, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Thanks to you both"
ZZZ--

I think that the brunch thing is kind of cool, a Rose signature per se. It lets me know that someone hasn't hijacked the name... anyway both you guys keep posting. great analisis, but I also think that there is no way that Ethan is going on an immunity run that lasts the rest of the season. As much as I hate it, Ethan is probably gone, and we are going to have to see one of the Samburus win this thing. (Not Brandon though, he will have to piss every player in the game off if he makes it to the final 2.)
Naked

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-07-01, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep 8 Machinations"
Kelly says she is a free agent, the term Brandon fed to Lex. Either she used it twice or Brandon overheard this confessional.

What I find interesting, is Kelly said on the Early Show that she did not tell anyone she was a free agent. This would mean that Brandon overheard her. She also said that she called Lex last night to say she was OK with everything, but that Lex did not apologize. Jerk. I know that many of us feel that Lex will go soon, but does this prove it? If he made it to the end game, would he not be more gracious and apologize?

12-07-01, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep 8 Machinations"

>I know that many of
>us feel that Lex will
>go soon, but does this
>prove it? If he
>made it to the end
>game, would he not be
>more gracious and apologize?

I don't think so. A jerk is a jerk in victory or defeat. Lex is one of those people that just cannot accept that everyone does not always see things his way.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-01, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "gracious?"
It may very well be a red herring, MB is so many steps ahead of me I'm not sure why I continue to try and spoil this show - maybe I just don't have enough sense to give up, still I'm going to throw this out and see if it gets a response or not.

In the opening sequence where it shows all the players and some of the local fauna, there are a few pictures just 1 or 2 frames long buried after Jessie's picture. The sequence is Jessie - Lex - native girl - TC idol. It's very similar to the picture of Colby buried in the SII opening sequence.

Based on this thin piece of possible spoiler material I'm going to conclude Lex will make it to the final 2 atleast. I sure as hell don't know how, the only thing that would possibly right now is that Frank jumps to Boran just to spite Brandon's plans.
I know this runs counter to the logic that says Lex has cut his own throat & that Boran is now going to get cut into litte bitty bits of hyena bate, but logic hasn't gotten me very far so far this season.

If Lex made it to the Jury with Kelly there would have been plenty of chance for them to get over the back stabbing issues ie. it's just a game after all.

If Lex makes it to the final 2 as the opening sequence may hint, Kelly during the final TC (when the jury votes) would probably give Lex a speach along the lines "I'd die before giving you the $1,000,000".

If this were the case and Kelly called up Lex last night to bury the hatchet, it might explain why he isn't in the mood to kiss and make up.

Then again, Lex could be voted out next, maybe he's just a jerk, and maybe MB put the picture of Lex in the opening sequence like he did with Colby to serve as a red herring.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-01, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: gracious?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-01 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

I'm just trying to envision a scenario that Lex could make it to the Final Two -- I think it's safe to say that he cannot win the game at this point as people know he's a control freak and not the most likeable sort in the game.

Ep.9 - Brandon goes back to Samburu and explains his reasoning for jumping over to vote with the Borans against Kelly. They reject him as a turncoat and being untrustworthy. KimP, Frank and Teresa votes against Brandon, which is labelled as a betrayal even as the Borans vote and boot Frank. Brandon thinks the Samburus vote for Lex, but surprise, they go against him. Frank 4, Brandon 3, Lex 1. Stupid move by the 3 Samburus to not accept Brandon's reasoning as it was their only shot at winning the whole thing.

Ep.10 - L/E/T/MK sees that Brandon voted against Lex. They boot Brandon off. Three more votes against Lex by B/T/LK.

Ep.11 - Tom or Teresa gets the vote here -- Tom because he's sick from the bug bites or Lex/Ethan decides they don't need him anymore, or Teresa because they feel she's a threat.

Ep.12 - If Tom sticks from previous episode, then KimP gets the vote. If Teresa sticks, she's gone here.

Final Four - Lex, Ethan, MKim, either Tom or KimP. Lex and Ethan boots Tom/KimP here because either is much more likely to challenge them in final 3 IC than MamaKim would. This is dependent on MKim supporting them here instead of forcing a split vote with Tom or KimP to give her a better shot at the finals and booting Lex with his many prior votes.

Final Three - It doesn't really matter who wins the IC here as long as it isn't MamaKim. Lex or Ethan takes the other to the finals. Ethan easily wins final vote because enough people dislike Lex and think Ethan is a cool guy.

Do I think it will go down this way? Not a chance as I think the other Samburus will understand Brandon's reasoning at some point, and Teresa could reveal that she was the one who voted for Lex -- setting off an anti-Lex sentiment in the whole tribe. Ethan might still support Lex after this, but Tom and MamaKim would be more likely to backstab Lex and boot him along with the Samburus, hence the 'betrayal' wording in the show title. Ethan turning his back on Lex after finding out Lex targetted the wrong person and screwed his own tribe would also qualify as a betrayal.

Edited to clarify whom I was talking about in a couple episodes

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

12-08-01, 12:55 PM (EST)
13. "RE: gracious?"
Pepe--

Just one minor point. I think we pretty much know that Teresa will not reveal she was the one that voted for Lex until the game is over. Kelly stated in her chat that she did not know it was Teresa until right before she went home. If Teresa revealed this fact during the game, you can be pretty sure that the next jury member would have informed Kelly.

So unless either Kelly is lying or jury members purposely kept her in the dark about Teresa's vote, Teresa keeps her mouth shut for the rest of the game (possibly evidence that she makes it to the final 4 or better).

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-01, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: gracious?"
>Just one minor point. I think we pretty much know
>that Teresa will not reveal she was the one that
>voted for Lex until the game is over. Kelly stated
>in her chat that she did not know it was Teresa
>until right before she went home. If Teresa revealed
>this fact during the game, you can be pretty sure
>that the next jury member would have informed Kelly.

Actually my gut feeling says that Teresa WILL tell someone like Frank and KimP at some point that it was her who voted for Lex, BUT it won't matter so it stays unrevealed to Kelly by the time the voting becomes a factor -- i.e. both Teresa and Lex won't be in the final two, IMHO. I also believe that Kelly may be feeling pissed off at Tom and MamaKim for turning against her in following King Lex's edict, so it's possible Teresa told Tom and Kim as well, but they may not have volunteered the info until they could know whether it may have an impact on the final vote or not.

People are divided on whether's Kelly's "fun" on the jury means that she relished seeing the old Borans file in one-by-one or that the people she got along with (i.e. Brandi and KimP) joined the jury early. I'm also divided but am leaning towards the former at the moment. If so, then those who knew it was Teresa that voted for Lex might not be in any hurry to let Kelly know.

Teresa, under my current theory (no, not the one outlined in my post above), gets booted on day 36 which doesn't give Kelly much time to catch up on the news with Teresa and maybe Teresa decides not to reveal to Kelly with Lex's big floppy ears around. I don't believe that Frank and KimP will be in a hurry to tell Kelly when they join the jury while Teresa is still in the game since it's always possible it could sway Kelly's opinion one way or another. The final vote IMO is between Ethan and Brandon so Teresa sees no need to reveal to Kelly at this point when she joins the jury.

>or jury members purposely kept her in the dark about
>Teresa's vote

That's what I think.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-08-01, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep 8 Machinations"
>Kelly says she is a free
>agent, the term Brandon fed
>to Lex. Either she used
>it twice or Brandon overheard
>this confessional.

>
>What I find interesting, is Kelly
>said on the Early Show
>that she did not tell
>anyone she was a free
>agent. This would mean
>that Brandon overheard her.

If this really did happened, it is sweet revenge for Brandon, remember that Kelly was snoping on his conversation with Lindsey and L'il Kim way back in Samburu camp, which lead to Lindsey being ousted.

12-07-01, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep 8 Machinations"
Had a thought on why we're shown Brandon ranting about getting rid of Frank, as we saw Kelly on Insider wishing to vote out Lex.

The reverse will happen, perhaps, as with Kelly and Lex.
Frank and Teresa will join old Boran after old Samburu boot Tom this week in the tiebreaker (Lex saved by IC?)

Then Frank will be able to help boot Brandon.
Kim Powers will follow.
Then Frank maybe...

T-bird, MamaKim, Ethan and Lex Final 4?
Ethan/Lex Final 2? Ethan wins?

With every mistake, we must surely be learning--George Harrison

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-07-01, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep 8 Machinations"
I'd like to know everyone's opinion on what will happen if Boran targets Frank next. Will Brandon be content to vote with Samburu and let Frank pile up votes which can be used against him later? Or will the temptation of finally getting rid of Frank be too much for Brandon?

S2D

12-07-01, 09:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep 8 Machinations"
I think what you have really asked is whether Brandon would rather take his best chance to win or make sure that Frank cannot win.

If Brandon takes out Frank--the best he can realistically hope for is 5th place. If he rejoins Samburu, he has a realistic shot at the whole thing (or at least 2d place) unless Frank wins immunity at the final 4 stage (which would mean Brandon would have to hope Teresa got some prior votes by that point or that he and KimP still had no votes and won the tie break against Teresa).

Brandon has already stated he is interested in rejoining Samburu. I see no reason to believe the temptation to take out Frank would make him change his mind. Brandon has shown himself to be the one person that really understands the game. I don't see him as someone that would do something so rash (as Lex did) just to get back at an enemy.

12-07-01, 09:32 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Insider "Clarifications" on Ep 8 Machinations"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-01 AT 09:35 PM (EST)

Good point about the Frank temptation, as he is almost sure to be Boran's next target barring IC--particularly since he's the only known Samburu with any prior votes, in case of a tie.

But--Brandon was hyper aware in his TC speech of the opportunity that the 4-4 episode presents for a tie-breaker in which one of Lex/Tom can be booted for sure due to their prior votes. Samburu CAN do it next time, and not necessarily any other time, and if Brandon were to throw that away just to nail Frank now-- then he is way less strategic than I give him credit for.

One more Insider moment I didn't type up was a scene from Camp where Teresa puts it to them: what if we could quit now and all split the million, more than 100,000 apiece? Would you go for it or play on, knowing that only one gets the million? She acted like the small amount of money was more than enough for her. Brandon and Lex (and Ethan, as I recall) were most vocal that they were into playing the game to the end, and would not want the guaranteed money.

Relevance--Brandon has his eye on the endgame and always has. He will not let his dislike of Frank interfere, IMO.

Edited to agree with zzz, we were posting at the same time, and to add that Teresa was thereby doing a great job of making them think she's not all that competitive and ambitious. Lex thinks she is such a nice, honest lady... LMAO. Not that she is dishonest or unlikabe, but she lied to his face and his famous GUT didn't even rumble. Good for T.

12-08-01, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "SILAS AS KELLY'S MOUTHPIECE"
LMAO- OFG, this ep. REALLY got you worked up, as it did me. This really has to rank as one of the great Survivor eps. The game is totally turned upside down! And the SI clips turn it on its head again, but why is so much VITAL information - like Brandon's plans to re-join the Old Sammies NOT on the main show? That is SUCH an important point to me. And only SOME of the millions of viewers will see this. I can't believe that they left this out of the real body of the show. There MUST be some important reason for this. Painting Brandon as the real snake this week?

Of course, I guess next week, Brandon will tell them what he did. Or WILL HE? One of the smartest things he did was to keep his mouth shut about it to the other,more transparent Sammies.

Also, a VERY important point that Kelly mentions in her chats - among SOOOO many others is that she includes Teresa along with Lex and Brandon as "master manipulators" or something like that, which I think, you, OFG, may have mentioned somewhere.
Well, I think the reason she included Teresa in this is that Teresa NEVER reveals it was her vote against Lex that set this whole catastrophe in motion.
Kelly says she only found out about it "right before I left Africa to come home, and I was shocked".
Could that mean that Teresa NEVER reveals it at all. She perhaps makes the final two, and therefore the jury gets to vote FOR HER.
T-Bird wins under false pretenses?

It's all so marvelously confusing now, because the tribal votings have been so muddied which is what MB always wanted. Also, has anyone noticed that it is Ethan who everyone is so guarded about in their chats? Does that mean he's the winner? He seems totally out in front now. But the way things are going now, that might mean he doesn't win.

Next week, is gonna be SOOOOO complicated. That teamed up competition RC seems to point to an "unlikely" duo wins it. Now it seems from the Vid Caps that Ethan is paired with Mamakim, so that probably means they don't win. And the other "unlikely" duo, Brandon and a male? Tom? Frank? And THEY win? I think they drew straws last time to see who went with who. Jerri said she wanted Colby, but was told she couldn't have him, but then drew his name out of a hat.

Also, will Samburu REALLY just take Brandon back after this? Might this not split them up and let Boron continue it's pagonging plan?

ANOTHER point, Silas and Kelly's Hollywood friendship. They have become VERY close post game, and Silas' hostile remarks towards Lex, whom he never met, now seem to make sense in terms of his friendship with Kelly. He was reflecting Kelly's feelings for Lex. He ALSO was probably reflecting Kelly's feelings about Tom, whom he also never got to meet on the show, when he claimed Tom was his favorite person "lots of fun". Or something like that. Which jives with Kelly's saying she had "lots of fun" in Loser Lodge after she was booted. That may mean that Tom, who she was never crazy about, comes to join her next at Boot Camp, and she changes her mind about him.

I somehow really feel that Lex doesn't go yet. He may win immunity next week, and then the remaining Sammies HAVE to vote off Tom. As the only one who has prior votes. It being the tie-breaker and all.

Ethan may LOSE the immunity next week just to make sure that his Sig Other, Lex, gets it, and gets saved.

Look forward to next week's episode being mostly focused on Brandon's trying to worm his way BACK into the Sammies good graces. That may take the ENTIRE episode.

Also, Kelly's revisionist thinking of Frank sounds to me that she got to know him better at Loser Lake.
So that puts Tom AND Frank there with her.
She says something about Brandon not "coming to me til late" so he's there, too, eventually.

She also seems to not have resolved her issues with Kim J. So she doesn't turn up there or not at all...
So judging by just a cursory glance over "Kelly's Lodge Mates" it seems she's there with Tom, Frank and Brandon.

That leaves the two Kims, Ethan, Lex and T-Bird still playing the came. Go figure...
SURVIVOR is more fascinating that ever!

12-08-01, 01:58 PM (EST)
15. "Ethan is just as stupid as Lex"
I went over to Survivorsucks which had a full transcript of the conversation between Lex and Ethan on the truck. As I read it, I heard Ethan say something to the effect that even if they are wrong about Kelly, it won't hurt them. This makes me lower my opinion of Ethan for so many reasons.

First, he did not care if they unfairly accused Kelly of betrayal as long as his plan for the finals were not interupted. If he prematurely screws an ally--so what, he does not care. All he cares about is winning. He even makes fun of the fact that she will probably cry. That is pretty low. I respect people who cleverly outwit their allies by getting them when necessary, but someone that dumps allies for no good reason when they first appear expendable is a jerk.

The main reason, however, that this conversation makes me lower my opinion of Ethan is that it demonstrates that he is a real dope when judging people. He really thought that Boran could control Brandon and presumably others like Frank and Teresa. HE acknowledges that there is some risk involved, but that was in the context of trying to throw a couple of votes to a person not being voted off--he never doubted that they could control a majority of the votes.

No wonder Lex thought the way he thought--the one person that could have brought him back to reality saw things just as scrambled as Lex did. Both Ethan and Lex seemed to think that the old Samburu would just quietly wait to die. They never even considered the possibility that they would try to band together for a counter-offensive. I suppose that they just completely bought into the rift in the old Samburu tribe (which of course was a genuine rift), and thought that the rift would make it impossible for them to team together.

Why would they be so naive? I just don't get it. But everyone, like me, who liked Ethan but thought that Lex is evil must now realize that Ethan is just a bad as Lex--he is just quieter about it and lets Lex do his dirty work. In some ways that makes Ethan even worse. I hate when I am so wrong about a person--Ethan goes from my favorite a week ago to one of my least favorite today.

12-08-01, 04:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ethan is just as stupid as Lex"
Well, zzz, you do have a point. Either that, or Ethan is one of this super-smart corporate types, like Richard Hatch, who knows who is boss is and how to keep his job.

This episode is so fascinating, this past week, because it changes EVERYTHING. Aren't Ethan, Tom and Mamakim, otherwise known as the SHEEP, going to realize that they can't blindly follow Lex now? Imagine their surprise!

ALLLLLL the cards are in Brandon's hands, amazingly, as they were in Richard's. Is Brandon going to tell them ALL what to do now? Both teams? He just might.

I just see Brandon's detastation of Frank blinding him ultimately from winning this. He wants to get Frank out at all costs now, and the first thing he has to do - among MANY next week- is get the Old Sammies to vote for Tom, the person who seems to be Frank's biggest supporter on the Old Boran, and the odds are with the tie-breaker coming up that Tom will go if targeted and the Sammies stay together. NOT AN EASY THING TO ACCOMPLISH THIS WEEK.

Lazy Brandon has not got more work to do in this next episode than the ever had to in his whole life, or at least in the whole series so far.

He's got to snow Lex and co. into thinking he's still with them, and, probably, getting them to vote for Frank, but probably they won't because of Tom. Who would they then target? Teresa? He's got to make sure they don't vote for him. Will the Old Boron smell a rat? Not unless, Teresa, Frank or Kim J. spill the beans. But none of them seem to be expert bean-keepers, if you follow my metaphor.

Of course, all this scheming could eventually backfire on Brandon big time, but in the meantime, he has now become THE CENTRAL CHARACTER of this story.

Also, Lex is why Brandon is with the Boron. He's his major ally there. He's not gonna want him out.

I wish they had shown us the all-night snow session where Brandon convinced Lex to take him on as a Boron. That must've really been SOME scene. And Lex buying in to it! It's like Othello(Lex) with Iago(Brandon), the famous handkerchief scene, and Kelly was certainly Desdemona, who gets it in the neck for no good reason. It has now gone beyond Dame Agatha Christie and is now pure Shakespeare.

Ethan, at least, has some awareness of how his actions impact people, whereas Lex does not. What does that come from? Too many tattoos rotting his brain? Too many acid trips when he was a drummer?
It's also interesting that the Lex/Ethan goat truck trip did not include this footage. It was SOOOO charming, almost Diseny-esque, and Lex seemed a capable prince and Ethan certainly was his princess.
Ethan being a professional soccer player is VERY aware of the other players. The team is everything. And he wants to WIN!
Is that a bad thing?
In S2 Did Colby ruin Survivor by giving it all away to Tina, the good?(GAG ME!)

Well, yes, Ethan in this Insider clip reveals that indeed he is NOT Colby, despite the music they were playing under him in the village.Wasn't that Colby's theme?

ps: zzz, I'll try to make the jokes better.

12-08-01, 05:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ethan is just as stupid as Lex"
Rose--

You suggest that Boran may figure out that they should stop following Lex, but what choice do they have now? There is no where else to go. There is no room in the Samburu alliance for a new person. Their only option that I see is to stick with Lex and hope Brandon sticks with the alliance. Assuming Brandon does not (as I think he will not--and he will go back to Samburu), they are just "sitting ducks" because they will be outnumbered by Samburu. I do think that Lex's ability to simply decide unilaterally who gets targeted may be at an end--but it may only affect who has the most "prior votes" at final four time if Samburu can stick together all the way.

The other point that I think may have been overlooked is that Ethan stated (or maybe Lex) that if they did not go after Kelly they would go after Kim. I have to believe they meant KimP. Thus, even if Lex had not gone off the deep end, we all still would have been wrong and neither Teresa nor Frank would have been booted.

I think I understand the reason for this approach. Once they got rid of Clarence, they got rid of the main immunity threat. Ethan even said to Silas that Frank was not a theat. I think they moved immediately to the phase where you just keep around the people you like better (additional evidence of their arrogance). Even more to the point, I think they did not view the tribe as a Boran alliance against the rest of the tribe (if they did, they never would have made the mistake of eliminating Kelly), but rather saw the tribe as one big alliance with each member having his or her "place". That is why Lex was willing to tell people they were "fifth" person on the team. Fifth was still better than last and he saw no other potential team for them to join. So KimP was just the most fringe member of the "team" that they trusted the least. Of course they should have realized that they could not trust Frank, Teresa, KimP or Brandon, but they bought into the one big happy family model that worked so well for them at the beginning when they kicked off Diane and Jessi.

Their level of self absorbtion is incredible. Not to realize that Samburu would see that they had to make a move to stay in the game, and not to think that such a move could ever be successful is amazing to me. As I said before--hubris. I just hope it brings them down as it should.

P.S. Rose--the jokes are fine--just try not to tell the same one over and over and over and over and over again. The casual reader probably never notices, but us hard-core posters . . .

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •