The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"unofficial FINALE RECAP"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-23-02, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"unofficial FINALE RECAP"
LAST EDITED ON 12-24-02 AT 08:33 AM (EST)

Ep 12 Florinky-Dink, World Class Shmucks, Ken & Gerard - You're ALL About to Be Eliminaed from Our Lives!"

Previously our Amazing Journey began in the Swampy Everglades and after travelling thousands of miles over several continents yet visiting only a handful of countries, three of the original 12 teams remain. We could drag out everyone from Gina & Sylvia to the devil-may-care Twinklies, but suffice to say TAR acknowledged them all in the order of their elimination and leave it at that.

Old worn-out Phil intro shtickle. How many times have we heard that IT ran the entire race without alliances? Or that they're old? Flo's ups & downs might cause her team a problem but sales of Bromo-Seltzer have gone through the roof. Will we still be pondering the loveable cheeziness of Ken & Gerard in 2 months' time?

BTW, we need a new team nic in honour of Flo's full name, Florinka (because if that doesn't explain why Flo is a b!tch, I don't know what will!)

Discovery Channel Educational Moment. Ho Chi Minh City is the largest city in Vietnam. The Saigon River was comfortable, with teams staying near the 11th pit stop, not in it. Real beds and real food. Did you see that not-to-be missed footage of teams eating, laughing & smoking some wicked S.E. Asian bud? I don't know what else might account for Zach laughing at something someone said, given he was with Flo, Ian & Teri.

Phil energetically startup shtickles. For those who don't think they can stand one more minute of Flo, it's bad news to hear that there are to be no more eliminations and definitely no substitutions. Our only hope is that Flo explodes or finds a way to drop out of the Race.

Didn't we already hear Phil talk about IT's age and experience? I have a feeling we'll hear about it again at the start of Hour 2. Phil did the PC thing and mentioned Flo's Highs and Lows, but since the highs clock about 5 seconds per ep, while the lows clock 41 minutes and 55 seconds, it seems wrong to give viewers the impression that there are Lows AND Highs. Ah, but Will Zach's Positive Attitude Carry Them Through to Victory? How prophetic it feels now, tho' at the time I didn't even hear it, so filled with Flo-Hate was I.

Oh, and can KG come from behind to win it all?

519 am Terriers reveal that teams need to train it 400 miles (woo - 400 miles - is it really exactly 400 miles?) to 'Hue' and find the Imperial Palace, a 100 acre complex that was home to Vietnam's royal family until 1945. Ian says it's pronounced Way. Teri says "Hue" - Ian: No, it's "Way". Teri: "So 'h-u-e' is 'way'?" Ian: Yes, we're going to "Way". This team is sooo exciting. Which is worse, the FloWhine or this scintillating conversation? :rolleyes

Teri bleats that they are taking it one step at a time, one clue at a time, and 'hopefully' they'll finish on top. That's not the way to positive think it, Ter. Good thing Eye-On didn't hear you say that.

Eye-On is obnoxious. "Good Morning Vietnam!" he yells. The radio program and movie may bring back good memories for Americans, but surely for the 99.5% of Vietnamese passengers aboard the early-morning ferry, such a comment must have been a downer of a way to start the day. Ian needs a t-shirt "World Class Shmuck."

The Shmucks learn that the train booking office won't open til 7am. HaHA for them and their soon-to-be-gone lead.

At 558 a brand new Whine-A-Thon begins. Zach is his usual positive self, and we know how much Flo loves that. Guess who said "Homestretch. Maintain the focus. This is where we excel"? Now guess who said "I wish we'd been eliminated"?

Poor Zach is proceeding with caution around a fragile Flo. FloWhine's gearing up for A Big Day. If we think we've seen Flo whining, well we aint seen nuthin' yet. Do you suppose she had PMS that day? The thought of Flo with PMS makes me consider packing this recap in now. Florinky-dink only weighs 100 lbs but still manages to weigh down her team with her 24/7 "lows." She is apparently NOW on the verge of a breakdown. So what does she call the past 10 eps? She refuses to be happy they've made it this far.

613 isn't so very far behind as Team Fun! bound out, ready to kick some butt and trip someone up. Ger reckons their advantage is that they are brothers, with love, respect & kindness for each other. Not quite the words that sprang to my mind with the hi-jinks and smart remarks these two pulled all Race long. At least they inject some lightheartedness into the proceedings.

WC Shmuck loves driving Flo nuts. He tells her the trip will be 24 hours in a Vietnamese train. HooBOY! He cannot resist pushing her buttons.

Flo tells Zach she doesn't think she can get on the train. He uses the excuse of checking out the schedule to get Flo away from EyeOnShmuck, who then says "Minor emotional response. We'll see if she gets on the train or not. If they walk away now, it's good for us. I would never quit. But I'm not a quitter." That may be true, but you're not a winner either Shmuck.

Enroute to the train station, KG comment on kamikaze cabbies. Gerard hides his face - he can't watch as his cabbie navigates around the cyclists.

Florinky-dink is whining real hard too soon. She's miserable? How about us? How will we viewers endure the torture? "I'm gonna have a breakdown on this train. Do you wanna watch?" I think Eye-On Shmuck does want to see Flo have a breakdown, even if it doesn't result in her team quitting altogether. I foresee a lot of new TV sets this Christmas.

Flo spazzes out over some admittedly bad train station music, which prompts her and Zach to search for a quieter terminal. She lays down and falls asleep. I want to know why the cameramen didn't film more of Flo sleeping, so that the editors could insert more Blissful Flo footage in the place of the Whiny Flo footage.

When KennyG arrive at the train station at 7am, Teri misinforms them Flo has bailed. Ger asks Zach if everything is alright and he says, "Define all right."

Being in the other terminal put Zach at the wrong end of getting a private sleeping compartment. The Shmucks and KG are shown booking said compartments while Zach babysits Blissful Flo. He does at least get seats in an air conditioned car, telling the ticket seller that "this girl will kill me if I don't get air conditioning." Aha - cue shot of Blissful Flo!!

We watch them board the train, which footage was good because at least Flo wasn't whining aloud, just looking whiny and disgruntled. As the train pulls out, Flo asks the question we are all wondering "Why am I subjecting myself to this?"

Zach is getting desperate-looking, a little green around the gills. He looks like a man who fears he may have run out of tricks to motivate his trainwreck of a partner to keep going.

Footage of teams sleeping - IT & KG in relative comfort compared to FZ, but it's Blissful compared to Flo in a waking state, so I do see why it was included. Next morning Flo says she feels as if she was hit by a truck. Just the wishful thinking of millions of viewers, Flo. Wait til you read the boards.

A Whine-A-Thon wouldn't be a whine-a-thon without Flo constantly whining "I'm in hell", would it?

Beautiful countryside. Notice I move forward to Hue Train Station. Best to leave the war-related comments alone. Zach tells us that as they de-trained they decided to take it one thing at a time. They stroll out for cabs while KG & IT run. All three teams get cabs at the same time, so it's not appearing to hurt to take things a bit slower for this leg. I think Zach knows it's a non-elimination leg. Weren't they all told how many non-elims there would be?

KG arrive first at the general vicinity of the Imperial Palace, followed by FZ. Flo is gonna throw up! Flo is carrying her own pack! Flo doesn't want to drink water cuz then she'll have to pee. Oh geez. Why do I feel the need to report everything she says? You know what it is with a trainwreck - can't look away.

Shmuck is bleating at Teri as per usual. KG run into the museum. Flo says, "I'm not gonna get involved, but how do you know this is the right way?" 'I'm not gonna get involved'??? When is she going to earn prize money out of this, that's what I want to know.

Shmucks jog to, pay to enter, and resume jogging in search of the cluebox. KG consult the clue to see if it proffers, well, a pinpointing clue. FZ stroll up to the admittance gate and pay the $5 each to get in.

KG find the clue and reveal that teams now need to travel 65 miles (another exact distance - way to go TAR!) to the Nam O Da Nang Bridge. It's weird to hear these familiar names. In their taxi, Ger is speaking Vietnamese. He claims he took it at Berlitz and he might not be joking.

The Eye-Ons find the cluebox, and EyeOnShmuck proves he still hasn't learned a damn thing. "Cmon Teri - here's the CLUE BOX TERI!" Teri for her part shoots daggers at Eye-on. Flo utters a funny line. "Shut up Ian. He needs to get his behind kicked." Flo doesn't also note that Ian's loud-mouthed antics saved her team a few extra moments of searching. While FZ stroll Florinky snarks, "Hope you get tired out" to the Shmucks who are running to grab a cab.

KG are tired. "Sweating your ass off," Kenny says, "not that that's a bad thing." Haha - these guys never lose their sense of humour. Without much ado or fanfare, KG are at the Nam o Da Nang bridge, revealing the Detour. This time it's a choice between two "con" tasks. In Basket Case, teams choose between Basket Boats - circular boats to cross a fairly large body of water - or Basket Bikes - regular bikes piled high with shrimp floats.

KG go with the bikes. And STAY with the bikes. Amazing. First time for everything. it's been too long since they chose an option and saw it through to completion. Ken managed fine, but Ger eventually paid some kids to help him push the thing.

IT also elect Bikes. Locals laugh as Eye-On tries to ride the bike. I hear Teri clearly say "Eye-an." Then she says 'Shmuck!' Quietly, it's true, but still Priceless!

FZ stroll in and select Basket Boats. Ceaseless whining ensues. Zach's patience never quits! Flo: "You need to help me. I can't do it." I would be amazed if once, just once, she could do a task without whining. It hasn't happened yet and isn't likely to happen.

Ken is still seeing to it that we get some genuine laughs not tinged with pity or loathing. "I usually come to Vietnam on my days off and try to practice up a little bit" he says of riding the shrimp-float laden bike.

Flo manages to find so many things to whine about, both at the scene: "I'm not even tall enough to do this. My arms are so tired I can't make it. Get me to the shore - I'm serious" and in retrospect: "I was demoralized, I wasn't moving, my brain had shut down." That last comment could have applied to any one of hundreds of moments throughout the race. Has anyone ever noticed her brain being up and functioning?

KG get the clue directing teams to a boat quay in Hoi An some 20 miles away, where they are to choose a sampan, go out to the middle of the river and look for a cluebox. Riding back on normal bikes to the start of the course, they pass the Shmucks.

It was at this point that my notes say "oh for fvcks sake Flo is such a fvcking cvnt!!!" I had managed the whole Race not to even think that word about her, but this scene just pushed me over the edge. To let you know, in case you were wondering, it was at this point, when we know that the other two teams are done or nearly done with the bikes, that Flo is forcing Zach to abandon the Boats to "Do the KG" and try the Bikes option. WE know the bikes are too heavy for the Princess to push, and what the hell will they do once they know it too? Florinky's bike topples right over, almost squishing her. We need more situations like that. It would have been a novel way to be ousted from the Race.

It seems hopeless, but they take "Doin' the KG" to a whole new level by returning to try Option 1 again. And it wouldn't be Flo if she didn't whine at full volume, "I wanna go hooooooome." Zach has no idea how he maintains his cool. Later Flo explains that the Detour tapped into her physical inability. Well, what doesn't tap into your physical inability, Flo?

However, Zach finds someone who agrees to paddle Princess Florinky-dink in her boat in exchange for cash and a solemn promise that she will not speak for the duration. She almost manages to comply with that promise. Keeping promises are not Flowinky's forte.

Shmucks and KG are both heading for the Roadblock in cabs. Then KG suffer a flat tire. Ken voices over that at home, it would have been a 4 hour ordeal but here, Ger is on it, and gets the cabbie to get out his spare tire and gear, and Ger is working on the tire. I wonder if that's the first time the cabbie ever had help from the customer. Ken reckons he wasn't supervising but was working also. A funny comment since all he is shown doing is standing around watching.

Finally FZ are across the pond and Flo says she feels like a dead rat! Nothing for a recapper to do but report the news. Flo is finally self-aware!

The Eye-On Shmucks are at the roadblock. WC Eye-On agrees to do the traditional Vietnamese net-raising, and yells at Teri to grab the dangling clue, then yells at her to hurry up and open it and to hurry up and read it. Why don't you hurry up and shut up, Shmuck?

The clue is take the sampan to the dock and then travel 15 miles to China Beach. As some of you may recall, China Beach was M.A.S.H. set in Vietnam. I never watched the show, but occasionally saw the opening credits before changing the channel. There were always people running around, and I thought there was a hospital. So now that it turns out it was a Rest & Recreation area for US soldiers, I guess they were running to the Booze. Just a guess, anyway, but feel free to write in and set me straight if you watched the show. The 3 mile stretch of beach is the pit stop for this non-elimination leg of the Race.

As the Shmucks leave, KG arrive to do the sampanning and clue fishing.

WC Shmuck realized during the Race that he's a little bit overbearing with Teri, but he's very proud of her cuz she's tough. Do you care enough to wonder whether watching himself in the Race will change WC Shmuck's behaviour? No, me neither.

Ken does the Roadblock, and Shmucks are declared Team #1. Phil has mastered his phoney smile as he greets them and tells them they have won a 7 night cruise to Alaska aboard 'Radiance of the Seas.'

Shmucks are happy. They love each other, and are happy to be sharing this experience with each other. awww. WC Shmuck says Teri is his buddy, best friend, confidante, mother of his children, chief cook & bottle washer, lover. "Lover" was quite a ways down the list.

KG arrive at the pit stop as Team #2, just as FZ arrive at the sampan and lo! Flo is back to her old self. Which is? All we have seen for so long is a Whine-A-Thon, but apparently she actually managed to crack out a wan smile. Of course, Zach does the Roadblock cuz some things can't change. As FZ head to the pit stop, Flo says she is feeling rejuvenated. Thanks to the Diet Coke?!?!?! Which is bringing back memories of real life?!?!?! Maybe I missed the thanks to Zach cuz I was so flabbergasted to not hear whining that I missed her thanks to Zach.

Florinky-dink are Team No 3, but non-elim blahblahblah. She vows never to quit again, and possibly also to not threaten to quit. Easy to say NOW, at the END of a leg.

Shtickling Phil does his 3 Teams Medley - age vs youth or as I have come to think of it, whinging vs whining. And as always, a real thought-provoker: Can KG's determination & wit lead them straight to victory? More likely straight to a gig at The Comedy Store.

At 535 am the Shmuckies are going to Da Nang's Quang Minh temple. EyeOn says the other teams totally underestimated their team. Everybody did, Eye-On. Phil was certain you'd be eliminated ages ago, and the disappointment on his face when you kept showing up was getting harder and harder to hide. Poor Phil had to just reconcile himself to the fact that you were going to be around the whole damn race.

It's $250 for the last leg, cuz TAR wants teams to have earphones while on the long plane journey back to the States. Maybe some duty-free booze, too? Or drinks on the plane? Ger says he has no doubt his team can win.

The clue instructs teams to fly to Hawaii where they are to receive a blessing from the Kahuna! Haha - that struck me so funny, cuz last week I was calling Mark Burnett the Big Kahuna. I'm sure that's not who is meant here. Sorry for digressing. Anyway, teams need to take a 17 hour train ride to Hanoi to catch the flight, but in order to enter the - what? - the train station? the airport? It's not clear from my notes - and no I'm not trawling through 2 hours of FloWhine to pinpoint what it was. Suffice to say that air tickets have to be purchased ahead of time in order to have them with you.

Shmucks go to a travel agency in Da Nang. Eye-On starts his boorish behaviour, loud & obnoxious. "Full fare, fully refundable," he barks at the agent lady. He and Teri are talking together when in walk Ken & Gerard. As we know from many a previous flight arranging class, Ger is the king of flight organizing. Eye-On had worked his way behind the counter, and the ticket seller was looking, shall we say, unhappy? Teri tells us that Eye-On forgets how harshly he speaks.

802 am FZ depart. Florinky-dink plans to go back to functioning at 100%. How can she "go back to" something she hasn't done ever in this race, perhaps not even in her whole life? That will be an Amazing Feat.

It's a bit touch&go in the travel agency, because Teri & Ken want Gerard to handle the negotiations, while Eye-on can't not be in the thick of things, bossing people around. Ken tells him the agent was unhappy with his presence behind the counter. Eye-On tries to argue, but Ken can look mean when he feels it's called for. Go Kenny! With a pout worthy of Flowinkie-dink, Eye-On snots, "Okay, just Do IT!" He manages to make any ordinary sentence sound insulting.

In short order, Ger has politely organized the flights. Both teams will travel from Hanoi to Japan, and then from Japan to Honolulu. As they all head for the train station, Ken and Ger are amazed to recognise that they now appear to have an alliance with Teri & Ian. "How'd that happen?" Guys, in a word "self-preservation." Had Ger NOT taken over the negotiations, EyeonShmuck would have driven the ticket agent insane, the business would have shut down for the rest of the day, and KG would not have gotten their tickets.

When Flowinery and Zach arrive 2 1/2 hours later, they learn there are no more economy seats on the flight that KG & Shmuckies are on. There are only business class seats. TAR does not permit the racers to order business class seats (tho we have seen teams be bumped up to that better class of seat, which is okay.)

Flo is crying again. Now pay attention here. She doesn't actually say the word "quit" so technically didn't break her promise. However, I would say the Spirit, if not the Letter, of the promise was broken when she instructed Zach to buy her a ticket straight to JFK if he couldn't get seats on the same flight as the other two teams.

As Zach himself may well put it post-Race, one of his biggest jobs is making sure Princess Florinky-dink is okay. In the end, they buy business class seats with the intention of finding a way to change them to economy before or at the airport. The team hustles and gets to the train station in time to be on the same train to Hanoi as KG and the Shmuckies.

Eye-On takes an opportunity to have a little flowhine about the good luck FZ are having. Grass always looks greener from the other side of the Whine-A-Thon.

FZ spend the train journey worrying about the fact that they cannot use those business class tickets. Zach industriously works the crowd in search of someone with a cell phone. He is successful and contacts a travel agency called Zum (pronounced 'Zoom'). In the process of altering the class of ticket he also improves the time at which he & Flowhine will leave Japan for Honolulu.

Florinky manages to almost not whine at all when she wonders how no one else knows about this earlier flight.

Upon arrival at the Hanoi train station, FZ go to the Sofitel (sp?) to meet Mr. Huey, the Zum rep. All goes well, Zach AND Flo are all smiles. Flo even says that at this point she thinks they're destined to win. It's just amazing. A smile on Flo's face - I'm totally thrown. The glare was too much. I had to take a moment to collect my bearings. What show am I watching again?

At the airport, FZ's refusal to show other teams their tickets gets some gears clicking. Ken&Gerard figure FZ have found an earlier flight. When the Race was still filled with pals, I'm guessing Flo behaved like an excited chld going on her first trip ever. Waving her ticket around, she probably went from one team of pals to the next, checking to make sure everyone was on the same exact plane, train or bus, and seeing if she'd be seated next to or at least close by someone she liked. Ken, who has been a FloPal the whole Race, was therefore alerted by the sudden reticence to reveal.

KG go up to an out-of-the way office to see about improving their Tokyo - Honolulu flight. They get on the same 640a.m. flight that FZ are already on, and return to the main area looking pleased with themselves. Their happy faces in turn alert the kinda slow Eye-Ons. WorldClass Shmuck himself calls them, Secret Squirrel & Rocky," which is really funny actually. It would mean I'd be laughing with Eye-on, except he's not laughing.

By the time the Eye-Ons have cottoned on to the fact that there IS an earlier flight, there is only one economy seat, so they can't change their booking.

At Narita International Airport in Tokyo, KG & FZ are getting on their earlier 640a.m. But ooooh guess what? It's raining. Raining hard enough to delay the 640 am by an hour and a half. The 745 flight on which the Eye-ons are booked leaves only minutes after the 640. Two lines move simultaneously to Honolulu on the Big Map.

Teams are given Mustangs to drive, which is quite cool. Princess Florinky-dinka is telling Zach to push it, he's "not driving Miss Daisy here." haha - good one Flowhiny. Except that you are such a spoiled brat.

It's a quick 20 miles on Oahu's shore, but the Kahuna will not be delivering the potion and blessing until 10 a.m.

I wonder if there were 4 cars? When the Eye-ons came to get their car, there was still another car left there. Perhaps a trick to confuse the 3rd team? Or a spare.

Eye-on whips out the best liine of the segment, when he asks his wife, "Do you have to be obnoxious?" She ought to have replied, "You've taught me all I know."

While waiting for the Kahuna's Point to open, FloWhined about being hungry. Ken actually told her to stop whining, cuz "it's too early." Wait'll Ken sees the whole show, and realizes that 10a.m. is like the lunchtime of whining for Florinky.

When the Eye-ons catch up to the other teams, Ger says, "I can't tell you the joy & excitement I feel about having a level playing field." So deadpan, so hilarious.

They get their blessing, their potion and their clue. Hawaii is such a fun state. Lots of room to make the teams jump through hoops. Teams need to go to the airport, fly 100 mi to Kauai, where they need to choose a car drive 25 miles and follow arrows through a course.

KG say that now that Flo is calm cool & collected, she's a threat. Let's foreshadow, shall we?

At Kauai, they all pile into SUVs and only the EyeOns manage to get lost on the way to the ranch. Florinky proves she's not really that calm or cool, as she whines that the ranch gate must be where the stupid ranch is. KG get to it first. Phew! No flat tires for them! Makes a nice change.

The detour is entitled Quick Drop or Slow Walk. Either way, one has to get to a clue behind the cascading falls. At least Quick Drop is a way to get a quick bath, even if it is a 160 foot drop to the water below.

Phil shtickles that it's a frightening jump that is over quickly or a slow walk along ... Phil didn't really get cut off by Flo, but it felt like it. Flo wastes no time in agreeing to do the Quick Drop. Jaws drop all over the continent!

KG get the clue first, which is to go to Kerry Park in Seattle Wa.

Flowhines her last minute instructions - not keeping eyes open, going to cling to him, and blah blah blah. They're down and she's even saying it was fun. She was so proud of herself for doing it. w o o. :rolleyes

The Eye-Ons also go for Quick Drop, figuring, correctly, that they actually have no choice if they want to keep up.

Zach is driving shirtless and luckily the camera doesn't linger too long. He's kind of scrawny and hairless, but also cute in his way. Just not everyone's cup of tea.

KG and FZ are at the airport trying to organize flights to Seattle. Although the Eye-Ons are behind, they catch up in Honolulu, where everyone is on the same flight to the final city, Seattle.

Teri says she has something left for the last run to the gold. She acknowledges the other teams also have something left, but hers is "better." Zach says "We're young fast & healthy and leave these teams in the dust." KG say they have the stamina.

In Seattle it's a major race around town. First they all go to Kerry Park, and it's a matter of who catches which red light when. The clue tells them to travel on foot to the International Fountain NEAR (not AT) the Seattle Space Needle. Cue footage of teams being lost, asking directions and stumbling around. Quite a bit of the usual Flowhinery. The usual vintage, whine Ordinaire.

FZ have purchased a guidebook, but as we know, buying good maps has always been an FZ team strength. It's the mapreading that usually does them in. It's a long footrace.

Eye-on has a few barks left in him, unfortunately. "Come on Teri." All he needs is to hold out a cookie for her and I bet she'd cuff him one.

The next clue is to be found in Lincoln Park on the west side of Seattle. Yet another round of cab-hunting and feverish cab-travelling. Everyone is shown thinking they're doing worse or better than they really are.

At Lincoln Park, the clue is the final Roadblock. The one team member must unscramble a totem pole with animal images to the order in which those animals were encountered during the Race. I think there were six, and I can recall 4: donkey dolphin goat manatee. Maybe sheep, possibly snails! It's a good reason to go back and watch the tape, NOT! If you know the six for sure, feel free to post them in reply.

Ian is working on his totem when Zach arrives, completes and leaves. Haha well done Zach. I'm sorry if you're an Eye-On fan, but it sure feels like a little payback for that Swiss Army Bike roadblock.

The last clue. Make your way to GasWorks Park and the Finish Line!! Hurrah. Eye-on soon finishes his totem and here come KennyG to start. Ger does it quickly.

Teams are all enroute to Gasworks Park, offering bribes to their cabbies to get them there faster. KG's cabby drives through a gas station, very enterprising and shaving fractions of a second off their time.

In cabs, teams are having those last few loving moments, as tho at the Finish Line they will be separated forever. Eye-on tells Teri he loves her, which is sweet and didn't even sound malicious at all. How'd he manage that!??

Meanwhile, in the Flowhinery cab, she is busy apologising for being such a total pain in the ass. Zach is gracious telling her that she was great too. What a guy. Something about the look on his face said to me, "What the hell, I may as well say it even if I don't mean it - why lose my cool enroute to the finish line?"

It seems like a close race, but several minutes separate them. All the other teams are there to greet and cheer them on. Coming round the bend, through the trees - it's Zach and Flowhinery!. Yay Zach! Zach wins!!! Zach wins!!! Drew is jumping up & down. Oh right, Flo wins too. Flo can't believe she won. Neither can most viewers. The wounded bellow of the vast majority of posters on all the boards could be heard all over the continent. I was glad for Zach!!! Yay!!!

Ian & Teri are 2nd and Ken & Gerard are the happiest 3rd placed team in TAR history. Hugs all around, Flo even hugs Teri and Ian. Everyone is hugging everyone else, and that's it. Show is over, tune in next year for TAR4!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: unofficial FINALE RECAP VA Slim 12-23-02 1
   RE: unofficial FINALE RECAP AMAI 12-24-02 3
 RE: unofficial FINALE RECAP vsuri 12-24-02 2
   RE: unofficial FINALE RECAP AMAI 12-24-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-23-02, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: unofficial FINALE RECAP"
A "tip-top" recap! I am going to miss my weekly laugh-fest. Hope you're up to it for TAR4! If it hadn't failed before, I'm sure the AOM must have broken in Part 12! It suddenly dawned on me about the annoying music in the train station and on the train. It's the National Anthem! Some countries besides the U.S. can be patriotic too! I still marvel how Zach kept his emotions in check! Even with the pot-o-gold at the end of the race in sight, I doubt that I could have done the same. I can believe that if Zach had lost it and had been caught on film doing away with Flo, that CBS would have considered it a community service to leave that segment on the cutting room floor!

12-24-02, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: unofficial FINALE RECAP"
Thanks, VA Slim. I'm glad you enjoyed! And do you know, I didn't even think to use the AOM!! It was as if the annoyance factor was beyond the abiliy of the Annoy-O-Meter to record. Haha!

And thanks for your support throughout. Yes, I'll be doing TAR4 - I've really enjoyed recapping this show.

Of course, if you do plan to watch Survivor, The Mole and/or Big Brother, I also recap those shows, and if I'm not posting them here, I will be posting them at other boards. Drop me an email when the shows begin to air.

Have a great holiday season!

Regards,
AMAI

vsuri 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-24-02, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vsuri Click to send private message to vsuri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: unofficial FINALE RECAP"
A Great Recap as usual. Looking forward to TAR4 recaps.

12-24-02, 08:41 AM (EST)
4. "RE: unofficial FINALE RECAP"
Hi Vsuri!
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed. I have appreciated your support throughout TAR3, and will indeed be recapping TAR4.

Thanks also for your emails. It's been hectic here, with two gigantic finales to recap in one week, as well as a new computer game which took me away from recapping duties at the same time! Haha. MYST III came first.

I'm amazed that I managed to recap 2 hours of show in roughly the same space it used to take to do one hour. Fewer teams does help.

Same goes for you as I mentioned to VA Slim. I will recap those other shows, and have other boards to post them at if I don't post them here. I''ve been encouraged to post Survivor, BB and TAR, but don't know about the Mole. Chances are probably good that I'll be once again on the Unofficial List of recappers!

Thanks again for your support and have a great holiday season!

Regards,
AMAI

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •