The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NEW VID CAPS-12-02"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-02-01, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NEW VID CAPS-12-02"
More vid caps from the new promo from the next new Episode 8, if you don't count the recrap. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't see Frank anywhere! Also, Ethan seems to be M.I.A. too. It looks like a tribal march to what is probably the reward challenge. Brandon, Kelly, and the Kims all look like they are in a line. Could this be a race of some sort? Then Osama Ben Lexie's "witchhunt" seems to be transpiring back at camp. Teresa and Tom seem to be reacting to Diz-Lex-ia. And Kelly in a confessional mode. Did Frank and Ethan go to the Masai Village that we see at the end? Thought?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02 Bungler 12-02-01 1
   RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02 Rose Red 12-02-01 2
       RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02 PepeLePew13 12-02-01 3
           RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02 Rose Red 12-02-01 4
               RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02 PepeLePew13 12-02-01 5
                   RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02 dabo 12-03-01 6
                       RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02 Bungler 12-03-01 7
                           RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02 dabo 12-03-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-01, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02"
new vidcaps are in the usual topic: "Episode 8 Vidcaps"

See ya there?

12-02-01, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02"
>new vidcaps are in the usual
>topic: "Episode 8 Vidcaps"
>
>See ya there?

Sorry, Bungler! I'm rushing right over there, but I thought OFG was complaining that the threads were getting too long. When is a thread considered too long,BTW?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-01, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02"
I've heard several people say that 40 or 45 posts on a vidcap-filled thread can take a long time to open, especially those who use dial-up service instead of cable. 40 or 50 posts sounds about right to cut off and start a new one when we're talking about vidcaps.

Rose... if you're going to open up a new thread to talk about vidcaps, maybe you should bring some caps over so people have something to refer to.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

12-02-01, 11:04 PM (EST)
4. "RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02"
PLP, how do I do that? I just have dial up.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-01, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-01 AT 11:16 PM (EST)

It shouldn't matter if you have dial-up or cable or whatever...

There's two ways to do it...

(1) Just right-click the mouse over the picture you want and click on "save image as" or "save picture as" when the box comes up and save it, then when you make a post, click on "Click here to upload your file" and copy over the http link that will be given to you.

Or... maybe easier for you, (2) go to the post where the vidcap is (i.e. Bungler's post) and click on "Reply with Quote" and copy the whole http link and paste it into your new post on a new thread.

Hope I've explained it well enough?

Edited to fix the link which shouldn't have been there...

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-01, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02"
Personally, I run into problems when a whole new slew of vidcaps are added to an existing thread with a slew of vidcaps to begin with. The solution for me would be a "New Vidcaps" thread started at that point, with the original vidcaps thread left with primarily only the original vidcaps. A couple or three additions in a post somewhere along the line do not present a problem, it's when a dozen or so are added in one post when I end up having to left-click to get the pictures to show up.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-01, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02"
Sorry gang, I didn't realize there were so many problems. (FWIW, I'm on a dial-up connection myself).

Anyway, the only problem with splitting up vidcaps, and the primary reason why I've been trying to keep them all in one spot is because one set is often referenced by the second set (i.e. something we see on Thursday night's preview, right after the show, may have shots of a challenge or something that we don't realize is important until we see the second set of vidcaps from the second preview). If they're under different topics, we end up cross-posting them all again anyway and they end up posted under two or three topics rather than one.

I guess it's a Catch-22 either way.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-01, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: NEW VID CAPS-12-02"
I agree with the Catch-22 observation and am not complaining so much as wondering if there might not be a better way. Yes, splitting up the vidcaps would be problematic in terms of things being cross-referenced and so on. One thing that might help, it occurs to me, would be a brief description with each vidcap (Lex at confessional, Children laughing, that sort of thing) for those of us who wind up having to bring up the pictures individually, at least that way when we go back into a thread we wouldn't have to spend that much time repeating the effort if we can remember what we saw before.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •