The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-09-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
I guess you can't read the Welcome Newbie thread, so I will post this here. If there is already a thread started on a subject, add to that instead of starting your own thread. Thanks you.

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads Butt_Plug 12-09-03 1
   RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads SurvivorBlows 12-09-03 3
       RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads Butt_Plug 12-09-03 9
           RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads Lisapooh 12-09-03 12
               RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads Kat77 12-10-03 28
           RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads SurvivorBlows 12-09-03 17
 RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads poutine 12-09-03 2
 Pay Attention to the Guidelines Bebo 12-09-03 4
   RE: Pay Attention to the Guidelines JustMe2001M 12-09-03 5
 RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads poutine 12-09-03 6
   RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads SurvivorBlows 12-09-03 19
 RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads Howard Dean 12-09-03 7
   RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads starlitebright 12-09-03 10
       RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads Bebo 12-09-03 13
       RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads Lisapooh 12-09-03 14
           RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads JustMe2001M 12-09-03 18
               LOL Coconut 12-09-03 23
       RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads poutine 12-09-03 15
           RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads Bebo 12-09-03 20
 RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads DaUnfan 12-09-03 21
   RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads DaUnfan 12-09-03 22
 RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads AlexRogan 12-09-03 26
   RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads true 12-09-03 27
 Only Bumping although it does no go... KScott 12-11-03 29
   RE: Only Bumping although it does n... Glow 12-11-03 30
       RE: Only Bumping although it does n... Angelfood 12-11-03 31
           RE: Only Bumping although it does n... Glow 12-11-03 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Butt_Plug 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Butt_Plug Click to send private message to Butt_Plug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
Dude,

No offense, but the show's OVER. At this point does it really matter?

BP

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-09-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
>No offense, but the show's OVER.
>At this point does it
>really matter?

Ya it matters -- if you don't like it, go find another site

-SB (webmaster of this site)

Butt_Plug 10 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Butt_Plug Click to send private message to Butt_Plug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
Not a bad idea considering there's only a couple hundred of 'em out there...

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
buhbye buttplug.

Kat77 10 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kat77 Click to send private message to Kat77 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
I can't BELIEVE this is a hot topic! JEEZ!

12-09-03, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
>Not a bad idea considering there's
>only a couple hundred of
>'em out there...

Great, have fun finding one, because you're done with this site... goodbye.

And anyone else who keeps starting needless new threads or giving the moderators a hard time will be following him, there's no excuse to have 25 new threads in one hour.

-SB

poutine 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail poutine Click to send private message to poutine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
I totally agree with Butt plug......get over it man!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Pay Attention to the Guidelines"
Yes, the show is over, but the community guidelines are always enforced here.

This is not a topic for debate or discussion. These guidelines have been put in place for all of the forums, and they will be adhered to.

Since the show has ended, it has become increasingly difficult to keep coherent discussions going because of the disregard for the guidelines. Since we're hoping that folks will stick around and stay involved for AJ2, now is a good time to become acquainted with and follow the guidelines.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pay Attention to the Guidelines"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-03 AT 02:10 PM (EST)

Bebo,

If there was ever a person I sympathize with, it's you.

12-09-03, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail poutine Click to send private message to poutine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
Such a bunch of babies. Get over it......stop being so rigid in your thinking. Life isn't always about rules and regulations.....Let things flow....stop being so controlling.....maybe then you'll learn to have fun and people will like you more. Chill dude!

12-09-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
You too poutine... cya, goodbye.

-SB

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-09-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-03 AT 02:18 PM (EST)

Far be it from me to tell you folks how to run this forum. It's your forum. I'm just posting here.

However, I think it is somewhat arbitrary to declare that because there is one thread about the "new girl," that there cannot be others. How many threads are there about the "old girl?" More than one, that's for sure!

One poster began a thread about the new girl with just an off the wall comment that really didn't say much about her in particular. The replies to what he said were more about the poster than the girl.

Since I wanted to focus more generally in a discussion about her, I started a new thread.

Unfortunately, the thread was subsequently locked by the moderator, apparently only because it wasn't the first.

Again, it's your forum, not mine, but it seems very, very arbitrary what you have done.

starlitebright 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starlitebright Click to send private message to starlitebright Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
I have to agree with everyone else. I have been at this site for not even an hour and already had a post locked b/c it was a "duplicate"...Bebo- I'm not trying to be mean or anything but dont you have anything better to do than lock up everyone's posts?? When do you get off line so people can actually have a conversation about something????

12-09-03, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
I'm not trying to be mean, either, but we've found that it's a lot easier to get discussions going on these forums when people keep things grouped together.

There are topics on page 3 that were posted last night that no one is bothering to read. Heck, things are on page 1 that no one is bothering to read. Discussion occurs when people read and respond to each other. That's encouraged here.

And I'm not going anywhere.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
Some of us have been here a little longer than an hour.

Here's the deal - we like to keep the boards manageable so there aren't like 8 threads on the same topic each with one or two replies. That's it. It's easier for everyone and it's the way these forums are built.

It doesn't get much simpler than that. If you don't like it, you don't have to participate - that's not what we want. But you won't change the way things are done and ultimately, you'll just have your account deleted.

We like it when new people join the community. Honest - we do. We want to hear what you have to say. we just ask that you say it while following the rules of the community.

So welcome aboard, now assilimate dammit!

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
For Bebo......

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "LOL"
That's awesome.

Is distressed that anyone named "poutine" has such an attitude. Mmm... cheese curds!

12-09-03, 02:29 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-03 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

I agree........locked threads is just another way for people who run this forum to gain control. If you had to read all the threads that that are posted here to make sure that you weren't DUPlICATING an existing one, you'd be here all day. Kinda lame if you ask me but hey......it's not the way i'd want to run a forum. I prefer the simpler approach of letting people speak and not trying to control them.

12-09-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
I prefer the simpler approach of letting people speak and not trying to control them.

Funny thing is, until yesterday it was working just fine around here. People could get involved with a number of different discussions without having to spend all days searching through a bunch of people saying the same thing.

But enough debate. The guidelines are the guidelines. If you're willing to follow them, then welcome and enjoy. If not, then goodbye.

DaUnfan 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-09-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaUnfan Click to send private message to DaUnfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
I made a mistake earlier and there was no excuse other than poor perception... But... it would be helpful if the "threads" could be renamed to be more descriptive of the topic of the thread.

In the case I messed up it was regarding the Today show. The thread topic did have Today in it. But it could also have been titled something like, "Jason/Melena."

If the thread subjects are too vague, it's difficult to tell if you are duplicating a topic without ready EVERY message in EVERY thread.

I strongly support the idea of sticking to a thread because it sure has been a pain since last night to follow them all. Isn't there a way to make a thread "sticky" (after appropriately renaming it) so that it doesn't get bumped down?

DaUnfan 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-09-03, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaUnfan Click to send private message to DaUnfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
...Also, I would have removed the thread that I inadvertently duplicated but I was unable. Why not do that (or allow that) instead of just "locking" it?

AlexRogan 13 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AlexRogan Click to send private message to AlexRogan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
Hey, I'll start another thread on this to make sure everyone sees it. (joking)

Given the number of threads on here, it isn't too practical that someone has to search every one of them first before posting. One thing that could help however is that when you lock a thread as a duplicat, you put a link on there to the thread on that subject that wont be locked.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Don't Post DUPLICATE Threads"
Given the number of threads on here, it isn't too practical that someone has to search every one of them first before posting.

Isn't that the whole point of limiting the number of duplicate topics being posted?

I agree with you, all these new topics make it impossible to follow whats already been posted. That causes 2 things to happen. 1. Another duplicate thread gets posted, causing more problems. 2. New posters take one look at the chaos, and leave without comment.

Some people are more interested in seeing their screen name on the front page, than they are in reading what is already posted here first. I realize that these types of shows make viewers want to pop off, but this community is not here for one time rants/whines/opinions. The members and moderators here have put a lot of time and energy into these forums, and we like them to stay orderly and easy to navigate. We don't really care if that offends people, who just want to babble about every thought that comes into their head, without participating in any discussion. We encourage new membership, but we also demand that each member follow the sites guidelines. Nobody is forcing anyone to like it, and if they don't, I hope they find a place that suits their needs, this place just isn't it.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-11-03, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Only Bumping although it does no good!"

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Only Bumping although it does no good!"
I'm guilty of the duplicate thread thing on a different board. But it was a TOTAL accident. It was my first post and I hit post instead of reply in the post. I felt bad about it. It would have been nice to just delete it.
Isn't the fun part of posting here, READING all the other posts?

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-11-03, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Only Bumping although it does no good!"
Yes,
but most of the "new posters" aren't bothering to read the ones that we wrote just a day or two ago, so why should we read theirs? It makes it seem that they want everyone to Listen to them right away, instead of joining in as part of a discussion.

RollDdice creation

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Only Bumping although it does no good!"
Right. I was totally agreeing with you.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •