The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Meet My Folks coming back next year"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-25-02, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Meet My Folks coming back next year"
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?27771

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - NBC has penciled in another date with the reality series "Meet My Folks."

The network has ordered eight more episodes of the show, which usually features three young men trying to impress the parents of a single woman. The suitors spend a weekend with the family and are put to the test through a series of revealing conversations and interactions, culminating in a hilarious lie detector test. The parents select the winner, and the younger couple receives a free trip to Hawaii.

During its summer run, "Meet My Folks" has been undefeated in its time periods among adults 18 to49. The series has aired on various nights, with the Monday edition averaging a 5.2 rating, 15 share among adults 18 to 49 and 10.7 million viewers overall. The numbers translate to this summer's No. 2 rating among adults 18 to 49 and a top-10 ranking in total viewers.

The one-hour series will return on NBC as a mid-season show or as a summer show next season.

Aloof...bizarre...sarcastic...volatile...he is a CAT after all!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Meet My Folks coming back next ... ejm92 08-27-02 1
 RE: Meet My Folks coming back next ... Femme 08-27-02 2
   RE: Meet My Folks coming back next ... Loree 09-03-02 4
 RE: Meet My Folks coming back next ... sticks 08-27-02 3
   RE: Meet My Folks coming back next ... Drive My Car 09-03-02 5
       RE: Meet My Folks coming back next ... PepeLePew13 09-04-02 6
           RE: Meet My Folks coming back next ... Drive My Car 09-04-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-27-02, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Meet My Folks coming back next year"
Well, I guess to keep up with Fox always inventing new trash and CBS actually considering a third BB season, this just keeps up with the tradition of junk on tv.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-27-02, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Meet My Folks coming back next year"
That's cool, I like the show a lot (when i manage to catch it...)

One thing, though. The best part of this show is all the surprises that are unleashed on the guys. Then the big finale of *gulp* a lie-detector test. How are they going to carry off the element of surprise when they're "contestants" have likely seen the show???

Femme

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-02, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Meet My Folks coming back next year"
I've been wondering the same thing. Now that everyone has seen the show the guys should know what to expect. They will have to throw in some new twists next season.

sticks 1165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-27-02, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sticks Click to send private message to sticks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Meet My Folks coming back next year"
Each episode of this show is exactly the same. I'm already bored with it. They all follow the same progression, and then the parents pick the guy that is the least offensive.

How many times can the guys say, "When I heard the doorbell ring, I didn't know what to expect."

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Meet My Folks coming back next year"
I agree sticks. I think this show is terrible. I have only seen one full episode, and caught the end a couple other times. Boring! The idea that people pimp out their kids to be on TV is just wrong. Oh and the families seemed so phoney.

Yuck!
But everyone likes different things and although I don't get it, I know some of you find the humor of it.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-02, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Meet My Folks coming back next year"
I notice, too, that the houses are all of the same types and the furnishings are similiar as well. The big off-white L-shaped sofas, the pool, the mom-and-dad, they're all about the same in each show.

But hey, I like to see the squirming, even if it's the most predictable show around -- you can tell who's going to win in every show by about the halfway point just from the editing of the show.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-02, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Meet My Folks coming back next year"

Maybe it's the same house LOL!
They all have a basement, can you not qualify for the show without a basement for the Lie Detector?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •