The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"judges' hidden agenda"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mickeyvon 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-26-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mickeyvon Click to send private message to mickeyvon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"judges' hidden agenda"
Does anyone think the judges purposely gush over or pan a performance based on what the producers tell them? Clearly the producers have a strong vested interest in the overall outcome, as they want to wind up with the most marketable star in the end to make the most money on their career. As result, do the producers encourage the judges to hype up one performance or harshly criticize another?

For example, alot of people thought Katherine was not nearly as bad as the judges stated, and despite being very good, they were over the top for Elliot and Chris. I know alot of people don't like Kellie, and she may not have been great last night, but maybe the judges were especially harsh given the fact that it's getting close to the end, and the producers are now trying to prevent another country-girl from winning.

I know they have to be emphatic for the sake of entertaining the viewers, but is there a conflict of interest with the judges and the producers and the outcome of the show? Does anyone have any input or information on the subject?

Also, do the judges know at all how the voting ranked each week? I think the answer is no, but do they let them know that one person is ahead each week, to try and hype up the potential winner's career? Or even to cause fluctuations in voting to create bigger ratings?

It is TV, reality TV no less, and these distortions must happen all the time.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: judges' hidden agenda nailbone 04-26-06 1
 RE: judges' hidden agenda geekboy 04-26-06 2
   RE: judges' hidden agenda sica077 04-27-06 32
 RE: judges' hidden agenda LisaPles 04-26-06 3
   RE: judges' hidden agenda nailbone 04-26-06 4
 RE: judges' hidden agenda Snidget 04-26-06 5
   RE: judges' hidden agenda singer 04-26-06 6
       RE: judges' hidden agenda fenway_frank 04-26-06 7
           RE: judges' hidden agenda Denalio 04-27-06 8
               RE: judges' hidden agenda niteowl 04-27-06 9
                   RE: judges' hidden agenda capcomguy 04-27-06 11
                       RE: judges' hidden agenda LisaPles 04-27-06 16
                           RE: judges' hidden agenda Magnolia_Rocker 04-27-06 17
                           RE: judges' hidden agenda nailbone 04-27-06 18
                               RE: judges' hidden agenda singer 04-27-06 19
                               RE: judges' hidden agenda CattyChat 04-27-06 22
               RE: judges' hidden agenda Chez 04-27-06 12
               RE: judges' hidden agenda fenway_frank 04-27-06 15
 RE: judges' hidden agenda capcomguy 04-27-06 10
 RE: judges' hidden agenda AshLanie 04-27-06 13
   RE: judges' hidden agenda singer 04-27-06 14
 RE: judges' hidden agenda aifan2006 04-27-06 20
 RE: judges' hidden agenda jags 04-27-06 21
 RE: judges' hidden agenda sylvester 04-27-06 23
   RE: judges' hidden agenda Magnolia_Rocker 04-27-06 24
       RE: judges' hidden agenda singer 04-27-06 25
           RE: judges' hidden agenda sylvester 04-27-06 26
       RE: judges' hidden agenda tenmeters 04-27-06 27
           RE: judges' hidden agenda sylvester 04-27-06 28
               WARNING - sylvester Bebo 04-27-06 29
                   RE: WARNING - sylvester sylvester 04-27-06 30
 Observations RE: judges' hidden age... kcp 04-27-06 31
   RE: Observations RE: judges' hidden... drooler 04-28-06 33
 Judges are there for many more year... zazzy 05-01-06 34
   Great post, zazzy... singer 05-02-06 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
Oh, I'm firmly convinced that all of that happens. Too many times, the person who did the worst the previous week, and still survived, has ended up in the "pimp spot", singing last the next week. And the person that did the best the week before, or got REALLY hyped, ends up in the "death spot" singing first.

Nigel what's-his-name said that they know going into the results show who are the bottom 3, but not who's leaving.

They can't SPECIFICALLY manipulate the votes, I don't believe, because I don't believe some of the past winners were the actual choices of the producers, but they can play on the emotions, etc. of the singers and the viewers, to get close to who they prefer.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-26-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
Oh, just sit back and enjoy the show. I tend to not believe in conspiracy theories about the show being rigged to a degree, or certain contenstants getting 'pimped' as people like to say around here.

In the end, America votes and that is the beauty of it. The three stooges get to say what they say each week, but it is you and I who vote and who ultimately decide the winner.

Scripted to a degree? I don't know. Pimping? I don't know. I just like to enjoy the show each week.

geekboy

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-27-06, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
>In the end, America votes and
>that is the beauty of it.

Exactly. No matter what the judges say, each person voting has a mind and can willingly choose whomever they like to vote for. We will laugh at the judges or agree with them, but in the end, they can't change what I heard or how much I liked it! Be strong America!!

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
do the producers encourage
>the judges to hype up
>one performance or harshly criticize
>another?

Yes, I really do think that happens and I think it is aimed at influencing the vote. Last night was a good example when the judges were quick to come down hard on Katherine and it was so overboard that it didn't seem genuine to me.
Not to sound paranoid, but I think the producers definitely serve up their share of propaganda.
nailbone, finally something we agree on!

04-26-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
Oh, I'm sure we agreed on something at some point. Maybe that we're over Kellie?

Sig by Arkie!!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
Of course they do things to influence the viewers. I think a lot of it is about ratings. You have a contestant with a story that will grab people, you show their story rather than someone elses.

The judges and producers are human they are not ever going to present a totally objective assesment or completely fair treatment of the contestants. How much is by design and how much is just part of any process like this is hard to say.

I do think they sometimes do put someone in the "pimp" spot or put them first in the order because they want the drama of the voting. Honestly given how much they rake in per 30 second commercial and how much any artist could ever under the best of situations could pull in, I think the ratings week to week trump any amount of trying to get one person picked as the winner. They want the record sales as that keeps the show going from year to year, but it is IMO the ratings of the show and how much they can get for each ad that drives the producers. They would be bad business people if they passed up the week to week profits in order to get an artist that sells 2.8 million records rather than 2.1 million.

Some of the difference between what we hear and what the judges say has been explained many times in interviews and even on the show. Even though it is live what you hear in the theatre and what you hear over the airwaves is often two very different things. Simon often comments about how he watches the playback on a TV after the show airs and what he hears when he listens there is often changes his opinion of who sounded best and who America will vote for. Some performances are so bad or so good that it does not matter, but a lot of times something sounding good or bad is venue dependant.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
The judges definitely appear to have an agenda (at least the sober ones do).

Why does Randy run around giving interviews about a guy winning, when there are female singers who sound better than the guys?

I think that what they are trying to do to Kat is pathetic. The girl sounds good, and she looks great. She should get more respect than they have been giving her. Constructive critiques are far better than producer-induced slag-fests.

As I've stated elsewhere, the fact that The Pickle is even on the show is an abomination. And the judges have contributed to that. (Simon, are you listening?)

"Reality" television, indeed. *spits at producers*

--Singer

fenway_frank 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-26-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fenway_frank Click to send private message to fenway_frank Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
they absolutely had an agenda last night...they gave Kat a beating like you read about...total bag job last night....

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-27-06, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
>they absolutely had an agenda last
>night...they gave Kat a beating
>like you read about...total bag
>job last night....

It seems to me that by giving Kat such a hard time last night, the judges influenced Kat fans who previously assumed she was safe, to actually place votes. Thus, an unwarranted bad review for a contestant helps that contestant in motivating their fan base to actually dial the phone and vote!

Is this what you meant by influencing the outcome?

And do I think that people in the U.S. are this easily manipulated? Yes, yes I do!

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"

>It seems to me that by
>giving Kat such a hard
>time last night, the judges
>influenced Kat fans who previously
>assumed she was safe, to
>actually place votes. Thus,
>an unwarranted bad review for
>a contestant helps that contestant
>in motivating their fan base
>to actually dial the phone
>and vote!
>
>Yes, but they wanted her to get the votes...sympathy votes are the easiest to get. And Kat is a producer's dream: the whole package, no matter what anyone says.

capcomguy 38 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 04:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail capcomguy Click to send private message to capcomguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
I agree. Thats why Simon and Randy were apologizing to Kat later. Then Randy and Paula would argue who loved her more. That was silly bordering on stupid.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
>Thats why Simon and
>Randy were apologizing to Kat
>later. Then Randy and Paula
>would argue who loved her
>more. That was silly bordering
>on stupid.

Yes, that really made me sick! Even though I think they were a little too critical of Katherine the previous night, I don't hear them apologizing to other contestants when they give them a poor review.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-27-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
I actually cheered when they apologized to Kat. I sneered at Paula who refused to apologize by saying she didn't say anything negative when she certainly did. 9 out of 10 times the judges critique as harshly as they did to Kat Tuesday night the contestant deserves it, Kat didn't.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

04-27-06, 10:18 AM (EST)
18. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
I don't hear them apologizing to other contestants when they give them a poor review.
To me, it wasn't the harshneess that bothered me, but WHAT was said. To tell Kat that "by singing that song you're saying you're as good as Whitney, but you're not" but then not saying that to Paris, who took on Streisand. Hello? All of them are doing someone else's songs. It was a lame criticism, and coming from Simon, especially damaging.

Sig by Arkie!!

04-27-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
>I don't hear them apologizing
>to other contestants when they
>give them a poor review.
>

>To me, it wasn't the harshneess
>that bothered me, but WHAT
>was said. To tell
>Kat that "by singing that
>song you're saying you're as
>good as Whitney, but you're
>not" but then not saying
>that to Paris, who took
>on Streisand. Hello?
>All of them are doing
>someone else's songs. It
>was a lame criticism, and
>coming from Simon, especially damaging.
>
>

Agree totally.

--Singer

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-27-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
I agree 100% Nailbone. And not only that, but Paula's ignorance in not apologizing really irritated me (but she's an idiot, so I don't expect much from her). IMO, Paula was the WORST of the 3 in their harsh criticisms of Kat, because (1) she went on and on and on and on explaining why Kat was so bad; and (2) Paula's negative comments cut the hardest, IMO, because usually she is always on the positive no matter what.

I wanted to smack Paula the 3 times she got in that Paris was the strongest female vocals Tue night, even after Ryan noted how calls were made to Fox about what they did to Kat and Simon & Randy apologizing. Paula has always been partial to guy contestants, but she makes no qualms that she does not like Kat and the only thing I can think of is jealousy.

Anyway, I was so happy to see that Kat & Chris were the top 2 vote getters & that Ryan made a point in letting America know it. I suspect Kat got the most (especially due to the skewering she received) followed closely by Chris and then Taylor and finally Elliott. I suspect there was a bit of a gap between the top 4 & the bottom 2.

I take solace in knowing that most of the viewers are not gullible enough to be influenced by the games the judges play in their favorites. They can try to force someome down our throats, but it's usually to no real success.

Well, now I only have 3 to worry about voting for now

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
Sad to say, I think they are ganging up on Katherine because they think she is too similar to Kelly Clarkson. I think they are afraid this will end up cannibalizing record sales. They want someone who is of a different genre (appearance, style, etc). Any of the other contestants would fit this requirement.

fenway_frank 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fenway_frank Click to send private message to fenway_frank Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-06 AT 08:49 AM (EST)

hey Denalio... thats an intriguing theory....and it sorta makes sense considering the way they kissed her a.ss last night...good post.

capcomguy 38 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 04:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail capcomguy Click to send private message to capcomguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
It would be a surprise if there was a hidden agenda. In Kellie's case her singing was uninspired. She delivered as if she was in a trance. I think all the judges saw that.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
Well, on Tues ALL three judges were VERY harsh on Katherine.

Lo and behold two of them apologize to her and guess what:

Katherine was in the TOP two for the night.

Simon has said over and over in the past that these singers sound differently when he rewatches them than they do when he hears the live....they always sound worse on the rewatch yet this time Katherine sounded better on the rewatch.

04-27-06, 08:38 AM (EST)
14. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
Agree totally.

Kat is an exceptional singer. She is technically on point and her tonal qualities are sublime.

Plus, she is beautiful. And classy. She embodies what an American Idol should be (minus the judges' meddling and attempts to sway public opinion in interviews).

It amazes me that the judges would pimp someone like The Pickle and make mean comments to a wonderful performer like Kat. They definitely have an agenda, and I am glad that all of them ate crow last night.

And please Randy, shut up and stop lobbying for outcomes. Let America decide.

For the most part, people are smart enough to figure out who can actually sing.

--Singer

aifan2006 25 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aifan2006 Click to send private message to aifan2006 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
I doubt the producers have much to do with it, but the whole thing is pretty strange, they sometimes bash a performance that wss'nt that bad, and go nuts over a performance that was average, so go figure. In my opinion, they went way overboard critcizing Katherine, to the point Simon had to apoligize, which was bizaree, when I watch my tape I did'nt think Taylor was all that bad, he sang a tough song to sing and did a pretty credible job of it I thought after watching the tape again, but they were pretty rough on him, I honestly thought Chris sang an average song and gave an average performance but there they were gushing on and Paula was standing up screaming I love you, I love you, it was bizaree. The judges do reward average performances with gushes, and sometimes a decent performance get panned because they don't like that your singing Whitney, or your not dancing around the stage, or whatever their gripe is. I honestly did believe the judges push certain performers over others because they prefer others, seldom would they say anything against Chris because he is one of the favorites, on the other hand I think simon gives Taylor a hard time because he is not a personal favorite of his, they used to love Kelly but started turning on her when they realized her lack of singing ability and suddenly she could do no right anymore, there is definately favortism, I think Kathryn is a favorite to win this thing so when Simon was over the top critizing her, the producers I do think forced him to apoligize to her because I don't think the producers want Kathryn sent home prematurly. I definately see a pattern of favoritism.

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
Many valid points but can we vote Paula off. Just a thought.
JAGS

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
Well, I don't know how anyone could think there weren't hidden agendas.

I don't think you have to be a conspiracy theorist to see the facts.

Chris has been given the pimp spot more than once. Others haven't had it at all.

This week was the second time they've yanked Taylor around with his song. First time was the Country Roads week, and now this.
This week Taylor was set to do a different song, and they pulled it from him less than 2 days before, not because they couldn't clear it, but because they decided it didn't fit the genre. It did. (sorry, I know what it was but I'm having a senile moment)

I also have to believe the judges know the vote totals. Simon has said that he has a horrible feeling Taylor is going to win. He knows he's been the top vote getter.

The agenda is clear. They're pimping Chris HARD. He's the chosen one. They've started to pimp Elliott, and I think Katherine is their 3rd choice for final 3. Paris is gone next week, she just doesn't have the fanbase of the others. That leaves Taylor. I don't expect them to do him any favors.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-27-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
And for these exact reasons VFTW is seriously considering Taylor as the next choice. If they do that then Taylor will definitely win this year. With the SoulPatrol and VFTW backing him there's no way anyone can beat him. IMO.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

04-27-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
25. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
I hope you're right Magnolia, and I am sorry that you are right Sylvester. The judges definitely do have an agenda.

I've said all along that I think that Kat is the best technically prepared singer and that Paris and Elliott are not far behind.

I am not fond of Chris because of his lack of emotionalism (the same sometimes hold true for Elliott) and his one-dimensional way of expressing music. But I think that he is a good singer. More than good.

Taylor is my hands down favourite, because he connects with his material. He's not the best vocalist, but he is absolutely the best performer. And when it comes down to it, people usually buy music or go to movies when they LIKE the performers involved in the projects.

I hope that people vote for Taylor, because the producers and judges are not really supporting him.

My personal preference is for Kat to be in the finals with Taylor, because of her musicianship and her appearance.

I think that Chris (because he does not move me) and Elliott (because of the way that he looks) should be a toss-up for spots 3 and 4. Paris could occupy either of those positions based on her talent alone.

If I ranked my personal list only on music, Elliott would be at the top with Kat.

All-in-all, any of these top five candidates would be a good American Idol. They all bring something different and special to the table, either musically, visually, or performance/stage presence-wise.

But Taylor is my man.

I hope that the American public ignores the judges and the producers and that they vote for Taylor.

--Singer

04-27-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
"I hope that the American public ignores the judges and the producers and that they vote for Taylor."

Word.

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-27-06, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
dream on.
Taylor or paris or elliot is not gonna win.
That leaves kat and cris in the running.
kat is probably gonna win because she is more marketable than chris.

04-27-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
28. "RE: judges' hidden agenda"
Rudeness isn't allowed on these boards tenmeters.

This isn't the first time you've posted snotty little replies to posts.

Frankly, it's getting a little old. Get over yourself already.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "WARNING - sylvester"
If you have a problem with another poster's message, then hit alert and let the mods deal with it. Taking matters into your own hands - and bashing another poster in the process - is not the right way to handle things.

And posters around here get snotty, snarky, and all things in between, but if you think they've gone beyond the guidelines, alert a mod and leave them alone.

04-27-06, 07:45 PM (EST)
30. "RE: WARNING - sylvester"
My apologies Bebo.

I didn't think I was doing anything that Tenmeters hasn't been doing for weeks now with no warnings, but from now on I will just hit alert.

kcp 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kcp Click to send private message to kcp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Observations RE: judges' hidden agenda"
First - imagine what would happen to AI if its winners didn't succeed afterwards.. if they had lagging record sales, and only temporary interest that dissipated after the contest was over.

There's a LOT at stake for AI to produce a successful product, otherwise their show would be labeled a joke... the advertisers would walk away, etc etc.

There is a LOT of money at stake if they DO NOT PRODUCE A MARKETABLE PRODUCT, not to mention the show's integrity and believability.

so YES - I believe the judges are under a LEGAL CONTRACT to say and do certain things.

Now...Simon Cowell:

Notice that when he puts a contestant down, that THAT contestant does not get the boot?????

He went after Elliot BIG TIME (the other judges disagreed with him)... and Elliot stayed on.

Most all of the contestants he has slammed in a very insensitive, unappealing manner have gotten mega sympathy votes. A way to keep that contestant on? Yes - I believe so.

Paula's Tears:

Perhaps she was crying because she knows that the AI producers are pushing the judges to relax on their support of E. - despite his talent. They want him out. Why? He is no Ace physically (etc etc).

Simon - in every interview - stated that he felt Kellie would go to the top 3. This is why he went after Kat much harder than Kellie.

Why go after Kat? She's got a beautiful, trained voice, she's attractive - what is WRONG with her? Well, NOTHING... but.. it was clear the producers needed the judges to go after her.
My guess is Paula's arm was twisted - suck it up, honor your contract, or you're out (and lets face it, she needs the work).

There's a reason why AI doesn't want Kat to win... it's perplexing what it is, but I think it's obvious now.

~ kcp

drooler 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-28-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drooler Click to send private message to drooler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Observations RE: judges' hidden agenda"
I like Kat's voice, I have more sympathy after reading the post about her insecurities. But, there is such a disconnect with her facial expressions and what she's singing--I always get creeped out at certain points in her song. As if someone trained her to smile even if the song is sad.

Paris is, as others have pointed out, just doing impressions--not real artistic presence. And I think Kat and Elliot lack that also, but to a much lesser degree.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-01-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Judges are there for many more years...and other comments..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-06 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

The judges are there for years to come...Simon has a NEW five year contract; Paula has a NEW three year contract...and I imagine Randy has a similar length one as well.

AI is a formulaic show. It is produced to a formula that is working for them. Their idol winners are now Grammy winners...there is a lot at stake.

I agree that they are pimping Chris--big time. I said in a thread weeks ago that they were probably already writing a song that showcases Chris for the finale.

Kellie was becoming an embarrassment. They had Queen, Rod Stewart and David Foster probably all telling the producers that she was too much a light weight. All they could talk about was her energy on the stage or something like that--really reaching in trying to find something positive to say about her.

Kellie would have been a good story and draw for the May shows because her dad gets out of prison in May...and having him in the audience rooting for her would have added to the Kellie story. Instead, Kellie was unable to keep up with the material...and her lack of singing depth really showed. She had to go.

The singers that are left have "something". None are an embarrassment musically although they seem uneven in their treatment of Taylor.

Taylor's expression seems to say "whatever" when he performs these days...going along with the Idol machine but knowing he is not getting the same vetting that Chris is...what with the last minute song changes and no special romantic lighting or last place pimp spot on the program.

As Devious Weasel's data thread shows (thanks Devious)...Chris has already had the pimp spot twice...and Taylor has not had it once since the top twelve was revealed:

number left/who sang last

12 Chris
11 Ace
10 Elliot
9 Bucky
8 Paris
7 Katherine
6 Chris

Taylor is the only one of the remaining perfomers who has not had the last spot--is this his week? Should be...then they dont have to let him sing last again... unless they NEVER give him the pimp spot and give it to Elliot this week. I think the producers already have it mapped out and here is my guess:

5 guessing ...Taylor sings last with Paris booted
4 guessing ...Katherine sings last with Elliot booted
3 guessing ... Chris sings last with Katherine booted
2 guessing ... ??? unsure if who sings last matters in F2 but guessing Chris beats Taylor in the end

I wonder if there is a connection to the pimp spot and the one they are trying to save....Taylor has been a top vote getter from the start so they never needed to "save" him...and maybe someone can do an analysis of whether the pimp spot came a week after someone was in the bottom two or three...wasn't Chris is the bottom two the week before this so he got the pimp spot this week?

Back to the question of this thread. Hidden agenda with judges? Yes, yes, yes....only to some of us it is not so hidden. Not just the judges..the whole show. Next year...if time permits... better cataloging of the showcased contestants in the audition rounds and forecasting of the top 10 or 12...and tracking of the judges and show's pimping of them.

05-02-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
35. "Great post, zazzy..."
especially your comments about The Pickle!

Ditto about your thoughts on the judges and the producers and pimp spots and etc.

Very insightful.

--Singer

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •