The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"*** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST DISCUSSION ***"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-01, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"*** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST DISCUSSION ***"

I doubt that there will be any spoilers tonight...

Anyway, here's a thread (and a logo of course!)
to discuss the re-crap as it runs to its
<yawn> 'exciting' conclusion...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz IceCat 11-29-01 1
   RE: ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz MikeD 11-29-01 2
   RE: ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz ars 11-29-01 4
 RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST ... samced 11-29-01 3
   Possible clues or red herring cowboyroo 11-29-01 6
   BETTER re-CRAP THAN BEFORE Rose Red 11-29-01 8
       RE: BETTER re-CRAP THAN BEFORE simone 11-30-01 12
 OK....so Frank IS weird Afreaqua 11-29-01 5
   RE: OK....so Frank IS weird Loree 11-29-01 7
   RE: OK....so Frank IS weird ADKer 12-01-01 21
       RE: OK....so Frank IS weird Loree 12-01-01 24
 ICE, you kill me... SurvivorBlows 11-29-01 9
   RE: ICE, you kill me... ivoryElephant 11-30-01 10
       RE: ICE, you kill me... coolbeans56 11-30-01 11
 Frank sleeeve 11-30-01 13
 RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST ... PepeLePew13 11-30-01 14
   RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST ... PepeLePew13 11-30-01 15
       RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST ... wendyp 11-30-01 17
   Bud spokespeople/animals?? Swetdawg 11-30-01 16
 RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST ... specie 11-30-01 18
   RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST ... Round Robin 11-30-01 19
 The Ultimate Irony... IceCat 11-30-01 20
   RE: The Ultimate Irony... Outfrontgirl 12-01-01 22
       RE: The Ultimate Irony... Rose Red 12-01-01 23
           Immunity threats Outfrontgirl 12-01-01 25
               RE: Immunity threats Rose Red 12-01-01 26
                   RE: Immunity threats Outfrontgirl 12-01-01 28
                       RE: Immunity threats Rose Red 12-01-01 29
   Encore! George Tirebiter 12-01-01 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-29-01, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz"
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

September 11, 2001

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-29-01, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz"
Is it worth watching?

ars 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-29-01, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ars Click to send private message to ars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz"
Dear icecat-- I'm on the west coast--looking for your wisdom--where's tonite's update? sincere thanks...

samced 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-29-01, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samced Click to send private message to samced Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST DISCUSSION ***"
Ice
humor me will you? did anyone get the boot?
if so who?

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-29-01, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Possible clues or red herring"
I noticed two interesting things on the Recrap show:

1) Ethan talking to Mama Kim about forfeiting the challenge. Why would he tell her he could get rid of HIS biggest competition unless he were in a 1 on 1 alliance with her that he would carry her along by winning the challenges?

Ethan also stated his two best friends were over at the new Samburu. I know this is old stuff, but this helps possibly show he is playing both sides.

2) The New Samburu eagerly anticipate the merge. Why would Lex, Tom and Kelly EAGERLY anticipate merge? We have seen clips of Kelly stating the whole game has changed. You would think they wouldn't mind another few days as separate tribes to get rid of a few more old Samburus before the merge, BUT the Old Borans KNEW how many votes Clarence had that were more than any one else, they DIDN"T KNOW if the NEW Boran tribe were uniting. They KNOW Frank/Teresa and Kim P/Brandon don't get along. My point:
If Tom/Lex/Kelly realigned with Brandon/Kim P, they are guaranteed Top 3. This could be another reason, Brandon and Kim voted against Clarence. With a tie, Clarence gone regardless. Stay with the new Samburus and get down to 5, pick off Brandon and Kim P. Final 3. This would leave Kelly as the 3rd wheel of both sides, but I could see this happening. Remember, the new Samburu don't know about any deals with the Old Borans, so they no longer know if they can trust them....

Thoughts?

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-29-01, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "BETTER re-CRAP THAN BEFORE"
As opposed to last year's infuriating waste of time that comprised more of a rote reguritation of the first half of the pre-merge S2, I, much to my surprise, found the re-crap to have contained actually a lot of NEW crap.

It was diverting, mildly entertaining, and funny, yes, even, sometimes. Clarence love affair with his make-up."He even painted his abs!" exclaims Ethan in distaste. Kelly snipes, "I was in a sorority. The girls in my sorority didn't even spend this much time in front of the mirror! He's so vain!" Well, it was funny, but didn't really ad any new insights.

There was no obvious spoiler info from what I could see unless it was that Frank was really a crazy-border-line pyscho when he played with his deer antlers(his luxury item). Making them furiously fight with each other like a couple of demented hand-puppets, before challenges, was genuinely scary.

Sambooboo was shown getting along much better than they were previously which shocked me. They had a long bonding scene(pre-twist) over a huge Ostrich egg Was that an indication of a Sambooboo uprising to come?

Predictably there was MUCH more of Teresa. She seemed like she was channeling Tina more than ever, though. She certainly was trying to unite the two sides of SammySoSos. Her role of peace-maker was clarified, her personal strength obvious.

A hilarious recreation of the New Boran preparing for what turned out to be the goat challenge, by blindfolding themselves and making themselves march around the camp and take orders from drill sergeant Frank.

Lindsey and Linda were shown actually making up. We heard about that scene from both of them, and now we've seen it. Lindsey was characterized as much sweeter. Clarence, as I said more vain. Diane more of an nincompoop. But who really cares about the character highlights of those that are now among The Dearly Departed.

And what did we see new of Boron? ALMOST NOTHING. NOTHING new on ETHAN, KELLY, MAMAKIM or LEX. WHICH OF COURSE IS VERY SIGNIFICANT BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE THE TRUTH AND HEART OF THIS SERIES LIES, between those four people. The fact that we saw virtually nothing new on them, leads me to think they are all very close to the Final Four. Their story is certainly - The Story.

There was a rather unforgettable campfire scene between Tom and Brandon staying up all night, and Tom asking Brandon,"Are you gay?" and Brandon answering something like "Oh, sure." And then Tom telling him he(Brandon) was good-looking. THAT was very funny. And Tom's "I never met a gay person before. Where I come from they just don't have'em." And Brandon wisely replying, "They were there. You probably didn't know that they were gay. They were in the closet."

And Brandon, and not Kim P. who we seemed to see even LESS of than before, if that's possible, really got the most exposure tonight. But it was in a postive, friendly way. Is that bad? Is EPMB preparing Brandon's Big Ba Bye? by doing this?
He certainly was treated as a major character this time out. And he was MUCH more likeable. But then so was Lindsey.
Hmmm....The last time somebody(Jerri) received this kind of warm and friendly make-over,during the re-crap, they got the boot on the next regular episode. Does this mean that Brandon is now going to be a major player or does this mean that he is just going, period? It was very hard to tell.

Frank's pyscho deer antler moment made me think that he's a goner come next week.But then it made him seem kinda wonderful when he was actually helping them in the hilarious blind fold drill. What was amazing and revealing about that was that how in sync those New Boron were. That would be Teresa, Mamakim, Ethan, and the late, not lamented, Clarence and Silas. Frank was in sync with them and they were in sync with him. None of the New Boron(or the Boronabooboo) had any issues with Frank, it seems. Or Teresa. At least they didn't then.

I don't think Teresa received enough development to indicate an exit next week. It was Brandon and then Frank who got the face-time. And then of course, Tom's unforgettable, campy fireside chat with Brandon. But we've seen A LOT of Tom before.
Also, the delayed merge was emphasized, but,, disagree with me if you want that it seemed like MB was just afraid of them throwing ANOTHER challenge, like they did the last one with the huge puzzle. Or he was somehow paying them back for doing that by making them wait another day or so of torture?

So I break it down this way in terms of the "new" revelations we saw tonight.
NO DEVELOPMENT AT ALL (Therefore they are safe, at least until the week AFTER next) ETHAN, LEX, KELLY, MAMAKIM, KIM P.
SAME-OLD SAME-OLD, Tom
SOME DEVELOPMENT BUT NOT ENOUGH TO INDICATE AN EXIT - Teresa
ENOUGH DEVELOPMENT TO INDICATE AN EXIT- Frank and Brandon

simone 52 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail simone Click to send private message to simone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: BETTER re-CRAP THAN BEFORE"
Also, the delayed merge was emphasized, but,, disagree with me if
you want that it seemed like MB was just afraid of them throwing
ANOTHER challenge, like they did the last one with the huge puzzle. Or he was somehow paying them back for doing that by making them wait another day or so of torture?

Yeah, looking back on it, I think MB was trying to send a clear message to Boron not to thrown any more challenges. Did they think they could plan something like that and not get caught? The cameras are turned ON! ON! They RECORD things!

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-29-01, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "OK....so Frank IS weird"
What was with those antlers?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-01, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: OK....so Frank IS weird"
They really were showing Frank's odd side. Actually Frank got alot of face time in this ep. Maybe he goes next week.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-01-01, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: OK....so Frank IS weird"
I am also from upstate NY. The antler thing is not so much weird but really funny if you know any deer hunters. It does not look like Frank did any explaining though. Overall, I thought the show made Frank seem innocuous.

Don't the rest of the contestants know that Ethan, a professional athlete, is going to clean up in the challenges, especially if Frank and Lex are gone?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-01, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: OK....so Frank IS weird"
I keep wondering if they vote off all the people that are strong for the challenges then who is going to do the heavy lifting like carrying the water, etc.? I guess they will just have to spend all day carrying small amounts of water. But it could get interesting if the final 4 or 5 are the weakest players.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-01, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "ICE, you kill me..."

I was ROTF, LOL, etc., etc. at the sight of that logo... thankfully I wasn't drinking anything at the time!

-SB

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-30-01, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: ICE, you kill me..."

Here is some speculation that probably doesn't mean anything, but I just wanted to get it on the board.
I noticed at the end of the show when they said "nine are left, seven will make the jury" the last two they showed were Kim P and Ethan. I thought maybe it was a hint of the final 2.
But that is just pure speculation.

"What a twisted web we weave when at first we practice to deceive"

coolbeans56 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-01, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbeans56 Click to send private message to coolbeans56 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: ICE, you kill me..."
Here is another Speculation. When the Words, who will be THE FINAL SURVIVOR, the camera was on Brandon. So who knows.

Coolbeans56

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-30-01, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Frank"
Yeah... so I know I'm not on the East Coast, and it's been over for hours out here on the left coast... BUT...

Did anyone notice how frickin' much face time Frank got???

The portrayed him as the early leader of Samburu, and let it look like it was the GXA and Carl and Linda that drove the Samburu tribe apart. (Despite the many times we've heard it on camera, not a single GXA blamed Frank personally for the tribal division).

Then, there was the antler thing.

And the elephant imitation.

And a lot of talk and shots about him being a loner outcast of the tribe.

Then there was a bunch of other stuff...

I didn't tape it, but does this smell a LOT like the softening of Jerri in S2???

All I kept thinking all episode:
"Frank's gone next. Frank's gone next."

There is no way that Lex is gone... if he was gonne be voted out, they would have built him up as a bad guy in this episode to justify it... and I don't think that Kelly will swap sides to vote off anyone other than Lex.

That means that Boran sticks together, and outsider Frank is the next to be voted out of the tribe.

BTW, IC... great recrap logo!!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST DISCUSSION ***"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-01 AT 08:55 AM (EST)

Nice re-crap logo, Ice! Is that Diane passed out in the 3:00 position on the logo?

I've got to agree with most people here that the most emphasis seemed to be on Frank and Brandon -- I thought of Jerri's softening up in S2 while I was watching Frank, but it seems to be a bit of the opposite here with the editing to make Frank look even nuttier than ever.

Unless MB is going to completely fool the pants off everyone here, Frank looks like the next bootee with Brandon a possibility. Teresa seems to be a bit safer, although she did get some face time showing more of her strengths (which can be seen as a threat by some contestants).

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST DISCUSSION ***"
Oh, and I've got another picture to add to the logo... yep, uh-huh! He was watching Survivor, not doing anything else! (gee, a lot of people's minds are in the gutter lately)

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-30-01, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST DISCUSSION ***"
Pepe ~~~ You are soo funny!!!

IceCat ~~ I am sure it has been asked and I did not see it, But how are you feeling? Is the knee better?

Swetdawg 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-30-01, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swetdawg Click to send private message to Swetdawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Bud spokespeople/animals??"

Wahzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaahhhhp! AHHHH! AHHH!

Great logo Ice, but is this another bit of MB product placement?

specie 52 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail specie Click to send private message to specie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST DISCUSSION ***"
Tom & Brandon - most of what we've seen before is Tom being uncomfortable w/B, leading people to think he would be happy to vote him off. Last night, we saw that they have actually spent a chunk of 1 on 1 time together, and Tom is fine with him.

Linda - what a piece of work! That was just plain mean, and she would have pissed me off royally.

Ethan - the 'lost my two best friends' quote, combined with his 'my boys are back' leads me to think that he does not have a secret alliance with MamaKim, and is really joined at the hip with Lex and Tom.

Brandon - nice to see them showing something other than his catty queen side. He's really a nice, funny kid, and seems fairly harmless, even with all his juvenile plotting. Would be interesting to see how far he went if samburu pulls a boran over and creates a voting bloc.

Teresa and Frank need to do more than just pull old samburu together -- they need to include MamaKim and/or Kelly. And, I think MamaKim and Kelly would be wise to team up with the samburus at this point - they are never going to get past LET if they stay loyal borans. If they teamed w/Teresa and Frank, they would have a nice little voting bloc. Then when things whittled down, would it be mamakim & kelly vs Teresa & frank? Or will Kelly pick up Brandon along the way?

--specie

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-30-01, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: *** Re-Crap Episode EAST COAST DISCUSSION ***"
There are still several people left who could go on an extended IC run depending on what the challenges are. Since only one can get immunity, the others are vulnerable and one will get the heave ho. If you put any stock in face time or tribal loyalty, Frank could be the best bet. But I think Lex needs the IC, because if he gets too obnoxious about getting T's vote he might get himself booted, since he's also an IC threat.

11-30-01, 07:20 PM (EST)
20. "The Ultimate Irony..."
I make a visual joke (the logo) about the how boring the 'Re-Crap' episode was going to be...

... then I fall asleep 10 minutes into the episode!

I watched it on tape at 5:00 am!

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the logo...

... and to WendyP: the knee is feeling much better, thanks for asking!

September 11, 2001

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-01, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Ultimate Irony..."
Better late than never, I hope. I just got a chance to check this, and the logo's brilliant. I hope it gets more face time.

No one commented on Diane in her bathing suit...

I agree that Brandon and Frank got the major development.
I feel though, that Lex and Ethan are calling the shots on the Boran boot votes, and they are both really focused on immunity threats (apart from their own allies). If I were them I would ignore Brandon for the moment. Kelly will push for Frank to go and probably so will KimJ.

If I were Lex and Ethan I would take out Teresa. Her social skills coupled with her endurance make her the obvious threat of the 3 Samburu up for boot consideration. Frank is content to be out of the loop, but Teresa will try to pull a coup and I think that marks her to go next, unless of course she succeeds.

12-01-01, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Ultimate Irony..."

>No one commented on Diane in
>her bathing suit...
>
EVERYONE did. Ewwwww!....

>I agree that Brandon and Frank
>got the major development.
>I feel though, that Lex and
>Ethan are calling the shots
>on the Boran boot votes,
>and they are both really
>focused on immunity threats (apart
>from their own allies).
>If I were them I
>would ignore Brandon for the
>moment. Kelly will push
>for Frank to go and
>probably so will KimJ.
>
>If I were Lex and Ethan
>I would take out Teresa.
> Her social skills coupled
>with her endurance make her
>the obvious threat of the
>3 Samburu up for boot
>consideration. Frank is content
>to be out of the
>loop, but Teresa will try
>to pull a coup and
>I think that marks her
>to go next, unless of
>course she succeeds.
>
Out Front Girl, you know what men are like. They see other muscular MEN as the threat. Read, FRANK. They don't see Teresa's formidable people skills- She was a stewardess AND a real estate agent!!! How much diplomacy do those two jobs require? PLUS she RAN A MARATHON WHEN SHE WAS NINE MONTHS PREGNANT?!? What kind of Superwoman stamina does THAT take?
I'm betting they won't notice Teresa as the Threat of Threats, until it's toooo late. If any one is capable of turning the table on these BONEhead men, it's Teresa.

12-01-01, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Immunity threats"
I don't know, Rose Red, that I can agree with you that these guys only see men as threats. I would think they see anyone who has shown they can WIN an Immunity Challenge as a threat to win another immunity challenge. They have already noticed Teresa. How could they not? Clarence told everyone in camp that he struck a deal because in his opinion she would have outlasted him.

Alicia was 86'd immediately after showing her strength in the pole-standing challenge (not first, because Jeff had prior votes, but the next vote). Granted she was looked at as exceptionally athletic, but Ogakor took her out before Nick.
These guys all know about Kelly's immunity run too. Women CAN run away with the game at the end; it's happened with 50% of the Survivor shows to date.

Also, FWIW, Ethan told Silas he did not see Frank as a threat.
Frank's a hunter, and a military guy, but he's not adaptable, flexible, nor a competitive amateur athlete. PLUS, the guy's a total workhorse and all the strong guys in Boran are sick of using their energy to get wood and carry water, and now Clarence is gone--their main strong guy. Brandon barely works.

I stand by what I said that they WILL perceive T-bird as a threat. That doesn't mean I'm convinced she's gone. I've already voted for her exit three times and she's still around, so I feel a little jinxed about predicting her once again.

With every mistake, we must surely be learning--George Harrison

12-01-01, 10:20 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Immunity threats"

>
>Also, FWIW,
Good to have you back, Out Front, where have you been? And what does FWIW mean?

Ethan told Silas he
>did not see Frank as
>a threat.

THAT was a long time ago, and Silas was only with Boron a short, a VERY short time. Things have changed since then. The Mucho Macho Mocha Magic tribe is NOT the same tribe as the Boranabooboos.

>Frank's a hunter, and a military
>guy, but he's not adaptable,
>flexible, nor a competitive amateur
>athlete. PLUS, the guy's
>a total workhorse and all
>the strong guys in Boran
>are sick of using their
>energy to get wood and
>carry water, and now Clarence
>is gone--their main strong guy.

Yeah, but it's MergeTime now. Other rules apply. Let get rid of "Threats."

> Brandon barely works.
JUST WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK WHEN BRANDON TAKES OVER THE WHOLE SHOW. See drich's thread, Re-Cap with a few twists...
>
>I stand by what I said
>that they WILL perceive T-bird
>as a threat.

I think this is gonna be their fatal mistake. That they don't get rid of Teresa this week when they could've. And go instead for crazy Frank.

That
>doesn't mean I'm convinced she's
>gone. I've already voted
>for her exit three times
>and she's still around, so
>I feel a little jinxed
>about predicting her once again.
My favorite line on Teresa is not original, but from somewhere else, where,, I can't recollect exactly, but it was a humor board(True Dork or Salon) but they said,"We've predicted Teresa going out for the past three weeks, and we're gonna keep predicting her til she's GONE."
>
With every mistake, we must
>surely be learning--George Harrison

Unfortunately, this doesn't apply to this season's contestants.

12-01-01, 11:16 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Immunity threats"
Hi Rose Red,
I've been around but writing the summary took a lot out of me, got me behind on other work...

FWIW is For what it's worth, and I said that because, as you point out, Ethan said he didn't see Frank as a threat on Day 15, and it will now be Day 22--24. LOL, what is one week of Survivor time compared to ordinary time? Also, Ethan to Silas doesn't necessarily equal truth; however, I sort of believed it.

I guess you see Frank as an individual immunity threat and I don't--not for any kind of run. One challenge, sure. I see both Kim Powers and Teresa as more of a threat than Frank--but Kim hasn't yet shown her abilities.

The group challenges required lifting and pulling/pushing and they needed a couple of people with reasonable upper body strength, which is where the male muscling generally beats out the female.

The individual IC's may require not only cleverness but running and agility and balance. Plus Frank is going to suck at the trivia quizzes since he seems to care little about learning about his tribemates.

SOMEONE has to chop wood/carry water and stand sentry duty, as I said before, and Frank does all of the above. One think the alpha males have talked about in the Insider Clips, is that they have less energy for challenges when they are drained by sentry duty and camp chores.

Frank INSISTS on doing these things and exhausting himself instead of rationing his energy, and if I were Lex, Ethan, Tom I would say--Great, let Frank shoulder the work that would be wearing us out so that we can win IC. At least until we pare down the numbers a little...

Meanwhile, the guy's way too socially inept to form a new dominant alliance, whereas Brandon, Kim, and Teresa are all threats in that regard. Also, it's not as if they didn't all see Tina win last time, so now here is Tina II, will they chance leaving her in the game?

Thanks for the quote on Teresa...

12-01-01, 11:56 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Immunity threats"
>Hi Rose Red,
>I've been around but writing the
>summary took a lot out
>of me, got me behind
>on other work...

I, for one, would like to know exactly how difficult/challenging/exhausting/exhaustive summary writing is. Would any one else like to know what's involved? In other words, a summary of the summary?

he didn't see Frank
>as a threat on Day
>15, and it will now
>be Day 22--24. LOL,
>what is one week of
>Survivor time compared to ordinary
>time?

I'm LOL, too! It's like they only have to suffer through this for a certain number of days, whereas we viewers are seeing weeks, MONTHS GO Ba Bye!

So, yes, Survivor days are something akin to Dog Years. But somehow I think they're longer. And Andy Warhol, who once gave me cookies, would be FURIOUS at all these post-Survivors survivoring on Network TV! They are getting WAY MORE than their alloted 15 minutes! Didn't we all think we saw the last of SUE on Palua Tiga?! NO! There she is again on the Early Show! Sitting with the two millionaires and looking and feeling like a million herself. Well, it's better than driving a truck!
WHOOPS! Back to Spoiling!

Also, Ethan to
>Silas doesn't necessarily equal truth

I LOVE that equation. Is that Survivor Physics? Also, Ethan is a real cool player. He's playing EVERYBODY in this game, as well he should. He's figured that out.

>I guess you see Frank as
>an individual immunity threat and
>I don't--not for any kind
>of run. One challenge,
>sure. I see both Kim
>Powers and Teresa as more
>of a threat than Frank--but
>Kim hasn't yet shown her
>abilities.

But guys see guys as threats. They saw Clarence as a threat, despite his newly revealed penchant for make-up and hours in front of the mirror.

A Sambooboob is gonna go. The L/E/T are not gonna vote off ANOTHER of their own and lose their majority. ARE they? And yes, Teresa could have made her series debut, and also got her show cancelled last week, when she finally came out of the closet as - the dreaded TINA TWO!

SOME ONE has to chop wood/carry water
>and stand sentry duty, as
>I said before, and Frank
>does all of the above.
> One think the alpha
>males have talked about in
>the Insider Clips, is that
>they have less energy for
>challenges when they are drained
>by sentry duty and camp
>chores.
>
>Frank INSISTS on doing these things
>and exhausting himself instead of
>rationing his energy, and if
>I were Lex, Ethan, Tom
>I would say--Great, let Frank
>shoulder the work that would
>be wearing us out so
>that we can win IC.

Oh! So what they really need is a slave? So this is a new category in the game. "Survivor Servants"
I guess I can see Frank filling that bill.

A LOT of people do think Teresa's time is UP. And smart Teresa is more of a threat than outcast/bonehead antler/player Frank.
>
>Meanwhile, the guy's way too socially
>inept to form a new
>dominant alliance, whereas Brandon, Kim,
>and Teresa are all threats
>in that regard. Also,
>it's not as if they
>didn't all see Tina win
>last time, so now here
>is Tina II, will they
>chance leaving her in the
>game?
>
I wonder if they REALLY watched the other series. It's funny, now that you bring that up, that some of the earlier bootees admitted to not knowing what they were getting in to. Jessie, Carl, and Lindsey spring to mind. They all said they didn't watch the show. I think the Genxers thought it was "Fantasy Island." Lex and Ethan certainly have an INTENSE knowledge of the game. In Lex's case, perhaps toooo intense. The "Prior Votes" thing has become a BIG issue this time out. It wasn't with S2, but it did cause downfalls, namely Mitchell, Jeff, and the whole Kucha tribe as a result.

Now, next week, the remaining Sambooboos are gonna PILE votes on some Boron. Probably Lex, if he doesn't get immunity.If not, then Tom. THEN the even number tie-breaker show,aptly titled "Dinner, a Movie and a Betrayal" sets up us for a major seismic change in the game, I think. Or at least I hope. Watching L/E/T steamroll their way through the next six or so weeks is just TOO boring! I think this episode will be when all MB's TWIST-ed chickens come home to roost. Or at least that's what EPM HOPES.

>

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-01-01, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Encore!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-01 AT 10:52 PM (EST)

How many people farted off the Spoiler Thread because the recrap didn't seem worth discussing and MISSED the special logo? I'm SO glad I finally peeked in here, IC--but it's too bad you couldn't include a little Perry Como midi to go with it. . . looking at all those mellow faces just made me want to . . . get up . . . and. . . STRETCH! (to swipe a line from a favorite SCTV skit. . .)

GT

*goes off to eBay to find one of Mr. Roger's cardigans. . .*
Edited to add: FWIW = For What It's Worth (logic usually solves those riddles, RR)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •