The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

Last week, I gave this some more thought. Who out of the top twelve this year could sell me an album? I was kind of surprised what I came up with.

12. Melissa - possibly. probably. She has a raspiness to her voice that I really like.
11. Kevin - or was it Lisa? doesn't matter the answer is no
10. Lisa - or was it Kevin? doesn't matter the answer is no
9. Mandisa - nope.
8. Bucky - I'm ready to buy a copy for myself and everybody I know even if they think they don't want it. Very ready. Impatiently ready.
7. Ace - <--- This was the surprise. I probably would buy it. If there was a Nick Lachey vibe to it. Which I think he could do well. But it is quite possible that I just like Nick Lachey.

Chris - yep.
Taylor - I doubt it. There is a slight possibility. But I definitely doubt it.
Elliot - on the fence. I'll have to wait and see on that one.
Katharine - nope. I'd watch the videos though.
Kellie - nope.
Paris - maybe. (that surprised me too) But I seriously doubt it. Really depends what type of music it is, I guess.

----------------------

AI4 - I bought Bo's and Carrie's.
AI3 - none. I thought I'd buy Fantasia's but lost interest in her as soon as the season was over.
AI2 - I bought Josh's. I bought Ruben's because I found it used and was curious. It sits with the CDs I've listened to once.
AI1 - both of Kelly's (well, the second one is a copy but I'd have bought it eventually probably)

Whose CDs have you bought? And whose CDs from this season would you buy?

an arkie work of art
eta Josh

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... brvnkrz 04-25-06 1
   RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... Glow 04-25-06 2
       RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... brvnkrz 04-25-06 3
           RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... Glow 04-25-06 4
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... sylvester 04-25-06 5
   RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... Glow 04-25-06 7
   RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... brvnkrz 04-25-06 17
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... CattyChat 04-25-06 6
   RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... Glow 04-25-06 8
       RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... CattyChat 04-25-06 12
           RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... Ahtumbreez 05-02-06 26
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... geekboy 04-25-06 9
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... jbarritt 04-25-06 10
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... Magnolia_Rocker 04-25-06 11
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... Snidget 04-25-06 13
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... tamarama 04-25-06 14
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... nailbone 04-25-06 15
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... _Cheyenne_ 04-25-06 16
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... Fishercat 04-25-06 18
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... gizmo_ber 04-25-06 19
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... StarryLuna 04-26-06 20
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... okaychatt 05-01-06 21
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... Lasann 05-02-06 22
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... geg6 05-02-06 23
   RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... TanNymph 05-02-06 27
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... rn4stork 05-02-06 24
 RE: Have we had a 'whose album woul... theking0075 05-02-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Hmmm. I have Josh Gracin's album and I think that's it. Oh, I also have Clay Aiken's Christmas CD. I don't think I have any others.
From this year, I would probably only buy Chris' album.

My original Syren

04-25-06, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
oh! Yes! I bought Josh's. I think I have a copy of Clay's Christmas CD too. I think. Do I?

an arkie work of art

04-25-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
I don't know. Do you? *grin*
and I am with you. I probably would not buy Katharine's CD but I would watch her videos. Especially those embarrassing little videos that just happen to get out.
*evil grin*

My original Syren

04-25-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
I don't remember. If I do, it's sitting there with Ruben's.

I didn't mean that kind of video, perv.

an arkie work of art

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Ok, I'll play!

I bought Bo's single last year, and have just about worn it out. I love his version of Heaven. sigh

I bought Kelly Clarkson's last CD, love it.

I bought Clay's Invisible CD, and have to admit I haven't listened to it in probably 2 yrs. I was a big Clay fan in season 2.

As far as this year, I honestly think the only one I'd buy is Taylor. And I will buy anything and everything he puts out.

Oh, and maybe Bucky, it depends how 'country' it is, I have a low tolerance for country music in general. But I'd love to see some Bucky video.

04-25-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
you know, I never did pick up Bo's single. I kept meaning to.

an arkie work of art

04-25-06, 08:55 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
I can't believe that I forgot about Kelly Clarkson. I have both of her CDs and love them both.

My original Syren

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-06, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Without a doubt, I would buy Chris's album & Taylor's. I can't wait for them to come out, as I am 100% positive both are ensured a deal. And quite honestly, I think both would be better off without the AI people managing them, because I think they will be forced to compromise and even a little compromise would be bad.

Good possibility I would buy Kellie's album, because she amuses me and listening to her makes me smile . . . I just think she's cute & has a refreshing attitude and I think she has a great tone to her voice that will only improve. If she goes more POP with just a little country influence, I'm sure I would enjoy it.

Katharine can go either way. I would wait to hear her first single & see what kind of album she puts out.

None of the rest interest me at all at this point.

As for past season CD's -- I didn't start watching AI until the end of Season 2 at about F4, Season 3 was a major dud for me & last season had SO MUCH promise, but after the competition was over, I lost interest.

Kelly Clarkson -- I have both of her CDs & she is really talented. I wish I would have seen Season 1.

Clay -- I have Clay's 1st CD and his Christmas CD. He has a great voice and I wish I saw the beginning of Season 2 to watch his rise to the top.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

04-25-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
"Good possibility I would buy Kellie's album, because she amuses me and listening to her makes me smile"

*shakes head in disbelief* oh CC

I kid. I kid.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
I know, Glowie, but I have a VERY eclectic taste in music and there are the times that I like my "sunshine, lollipops & roses" kind of music -- no deep meaning, just upbeat melody & sweet voice.

What can I say? My music collection is a contradiction of terms . . . I shock people with my music collection because the range is so diverse . . . the only genre that I don't have much in would be Country ~~ just 2-3 CDs that fall into that category. I cover everything else, though.

I put myself out there & am ready to take the hits

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
I'd buy Kellie's too, listen to it once and give it to DD.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-25-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
OK, my CD purchase history:

Season 1 - none
Season 2 - Clay's initial single w/ BOTW. Clay's CD the day it came out. Love it. Josh's CD (which is excellent, btw). That's it.
Season 3 - Fantasia's single.
Season 4 - Bo's single, and his CD. Carrie's CD (which i like more than i thought i would...).

This season? I will definately buy Taylor's CD, and Chris', and Elliot's. Not sure about Bucky yet. Will pass on Ace without a moment's hesitation. The girls? Possibly Mandisa, we'll see what style she goes with.

geekboy

jbarritt 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbarritt Click to send private message to jbarritt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Definitely Hicks

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-25-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
The only CD I've purchased from the AI contestants is Bo's. I love it even though it was absolutely nothing I was expecting. Can't wait till the next one that has more "Bo" to it.

This year I'm definitely getting Chris' and Bucky's as soon as they hit the stand. Taylor's maybe. As for the others, nope.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

*I pray everyday that if Kellie does get air-time I miss it on my dial. I'm afraid it would make my speakers explode along with my head.*

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
I've gone to legal downloading (I-tunes mostly) more than buying CD's.

Just downloaded Bo's The Real Thing.

I have Tamyra's CD.

I like a lot of Kelly's music but just haven't bought or downloaded yet, but there is a couple of her recent songs I might get since they seem to be passing the I like it just as much the 30th time I heard it test.

I thought I'd get Clay's music, but for some reason I liked him on the show much more than anything he recorded.

Of the current crop a lot depends on what they record but Chris and Taylor are looking good to me for buying at the moment. Paris might be one I'd at least look at because when she sounds good to me she sounds really good, but a lot depends on what she recorded.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-25-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Alrighty...

Taylor - definitely
Elliott - probably
Bucky - possibly
Chris - probably not

Kat, Paris, Kellie, Ace, Mandisa, Kevin, Melissa, Lisa...Definitely NOT.

The only CD I've ever bought is Bo's. I don't have the single, but will probably pick it up one of these days.

As I said on some other thread, Bo's CD is a little more AI & a little less Bo than I would like, but I bought it as an investment in his career...waiting for the 2nd CD!!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Kelly Clarkson - have the first one, probably will get the second, will buy anything she puts out...probably

Bo Bice - have the CD single, have the Real Thing CD, have the Sugar Money (his first band) CD, will by ANYTHING he puts out

Of the new guys, I will buy anything from Chris, and probably Bucky's, and maybe Taylor's. As for the gals, Kat, MAYBE, and I'll watch any of her videos...over and over and over. No one else. *Maybe* watch Kellie's videos, with the sound turned off.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

_Cheyenne_ 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail _Cheyenne_ Click to send private message to _Cheyenne_ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
I have only bought Carrie's cd..

I would buy Bucky's and Kat's. I miss having Bucky sing on the show lol.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-25-06, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Among those remaining, under the following conditions

A) Unlimited funds
B) An album of their best

Katharine and Elliott.

I would buy Chris, but his album would (and should) be mostly alt-rock, and that's not my scene.

Taylor is more of a visual performer to me.

Kellie. no.
Paris. no.

None of the booted would I consider...well, maybe Bucky...nah.

gizmo_ber 337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-25-06, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gizmo_ber Click to send private message to gizmo_ber Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Nope.

I don't have money to spend on real artists, no way would I waste money on these people. I wouldn't mind owning an album by Chris if it was original and decent and someone handed it to me. I'm not even sure why I watch this show, I could care less. I get sucked in by the 4 or 5 episodes with the crappy people and end up sticking around the whole season.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-26-06, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
From this season, I would probably buy Chris's, and possibly Mandisa's, depending on what she released.

From the past, I have both of Kelly's albums, Kimberly Locke's album. I donwloaded Carrie's single from iTunes and am planning on getting her album soon. My mom has two copies of it, so I might just steal one of hers. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I download Bo's. I'm enjoying the Real Thing so I'll probably break pretty fast. Plus, DH gave me an iTunes card for Easter. I also downloaded Nadia Turner's "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" from last season. I still get chills thinking about that performance.

Luna's Eclipses

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-01-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Hi glow.

I haven't bought any of the cd albums from past years, but Kelly Clarkson is next up. Also Kimberly Clarke.

This year - depends on the genre for Chris. I'd buy his "I Walk the Line" in a heartbeat. Also the song from last week. I like the original interpretation he brings to older songs. If the genre is alt rock - probably not, but you never know.

Mandisa - I LVOE hot jazz/blues, and she has the voice for both.

Paris - Ditto

McPhee - No way. She exudes the warmth of a dead body when she sings. If one can get past her hot looks, one would find a very cold fish when she sings. She mouths the words, but she's artificially delivering the songs. I know, I know - "But she's HOT!" Ok. Whatever.

Taylor - possibly - depending on genre. I might go to a show by him before I'd buy his album. For me, he's more of an entertainer than a straight singer. Taylor has the IT Factor squared.

Elliott - best male voice left in the competition, but he does nothing for me along the "IT Factor" lines.

Kellie - I'd rather have a nice salmon dinner than buy any album she puts out.

Lisa - who?

Ah, it's good to be back at RTW. Bash away. HA!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-02-06, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Probably won't buy any. Maybe Paris if she does a good R&B CD.

I've only bought Ruben's CD. It was a huge dissappointment.

Heaven on Earth! That’s me lying on the beach *giggle*

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-06 AT 08:48 AM (EST)

I have Clay's Christmas CD.

I have Kelly's latest, but not her first.

My sister got me Bo's for Christmas.

I would totally buy anything at all by Chris. Love, love, love him. Love his style, with the unfortunate exception of that Creed moment. Anyone else this season? I seriously doubt it, but if Taylor would do something bluesy, I think he'd be good at it and might consider buying it.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
ETA: I saw INXS with JD last night. Still think the talent on Rock Star was head and shoulders above anything I've ever seen on AI. Great show and front row seats...hot, hot, hot.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
I'm jealous. Would love to see INXS.

rn4stork 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rn4stork Click to send private message to rn4stork Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
Katherine has a lovely voice. Katherine.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Have we had a 'whose album would you buy' thread this year?"
No albums to buy, but I would go see Taylor in concert, I think.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •