The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"merge coincidences"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

chuck 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-28-01, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chuck Click to send private message to chuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"merge coincidences"
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-01 AT 11:37 PM (EST)

Unless I am mistaken (highly possible), I am awed by an incredible concidence:

Has anyone else picked up on the fact that for all 3 seasons, the merge has occured with a 5-5 split? Now I know thats somewhat altered by the fact that the players were mixed up this time, but still, do you know what the odds are of three 5-5 splits in a row?

(That's right, it's 1 in 343, or a .003% chance of happening randomly; not to mention the fact that stronger teams-- ones with more players-- should theoretically have a better chance of winning immunity.)

Those are unbelievable odds not to question how MB is playing with this game.

By the way, a very brief toot of my own horn for calling the merge date re: the CBS.com Survivor website.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: merge coincidences tribephyl 11-29-01 1
   TOM'S LECHERY Rose Red 11-29-01 2
   RE: merge coincidences PepeLePew13 11-29-01 3
       RE: merge coincidences dabo 11-29-01 4
       RE: merge coincidences AresMars 11-29-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-01, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: merge coincidences"

Hate to burst the bubble but, in the current version (SIII) they merged with 6 Boran and 4 Samburu.
Just to verify Lex Tom Ethan Kim J. Kelly and Clarence of Boran
and Frank Teresa Kim P. and Brandon making Samburu.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-29-01, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "TOM'S LECHERY"
But I do think that Mark Burnett is manipulating this versionof the game more than he ever has. Or more blatantly. How does he do this? The selection of the challenges, mainly. Watch for his beloved Frank get a challenge that he can't possibly lose next week, like pole climbing, AND HE DOES! The Survivor Curse strikes again!
And why do I feel Tom whisks his new hottie, Teresa, off with him on the Reward Challenge to the Masai Village? Which would create tremendous resentment and maybe seal his doom, since Lex and Ethan would be PISSED that he didn't take one of them?
This is just pure speculation on my part, but also that picture of Tom ogling Teresa is rather an unforgettable, unsettling image.
Tom's lechery is being given more play this year, than I ever remember any other Survivor being given. It may not just be for comic relief. It may actually develop into a BIG PART of the plot.
It could be this is his Achilles' , er, heel, so to speak. Does anyone remember what his luxury item was? Wasn't it a racoon's p***s or something like that. Hmmmm....
Lex and Ethan may think he has to go if he's forming an alliance, or a dalliance with opposite team threat, Teresa.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-01, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: merge coincidences"

>Hate to burst the bubble but, in the current version
>(SIII) they merged with 6 Boran and 4 Samburu. Just
>to verify Lex Tom Ethan Kim J. Kelly and Clarence
>of Boran and Frank Teresa Kim P. and Brandon
>making Samburu.

To be technical, they did merge even -- 5 NewBorans (Ethan, KimJ, Clarence, Frank, Teresa), 5 NewSamburus (Lex, Tom, Kelly, KimP, Brandon).

I agree with Rose Red... there is more manipulation in place by MB, I feel he's doing it out of necessity to save this sinking ship and try to keep the few interesting characters left in the game. I think he can't wait for S4 to start where we'll see a much better Survivor.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-01, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: merge coincidences"
If you want the most obvious indicator of manipulation, fortunately for MB it isn't the subjective IC in episode 3 (he got lucky because Boran actually made a more noticeable distress signal), it's the 3-3 switch. According to Lindsey MB told her that was in the plan from the start for S3, but just think what a dudder surprise it would have been had the tribes been uneven at that point as in S2, 3 of the short team go over to be outnumbered by 4 of the other, while 2 remain behind to become outnumbered by 3 of the other (let the lawsuits commence!), it couldn't have been done "fairly" (I use the word with reservation) except with the tribes even at 6 and 6.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-29-01, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: merge coincidences"
In the first show it ended up being 5-5, if Pagoners had won the last challenge, and considering they were physically stronger they should have one that obstacle course but they didn’t, then it would have been a 6/4 merge.

Last year it was clear that if Mike hadn’t of toasted himself the merger would have been 6/4 and deservedly so considering Ogawhores were voting of strength instead of weakness.

Technically yes it was 5 and 5 but in reality it was 6 and 4. Maybe if the NewMorans and the NewSambozo had had a longer time to bond we could consider it different but as the video clearly shows the only jumping of tribal voting lines was on Frank and Theresa side. Kelly, Tom, and Lex were Borans all the way.

Although there may be some manipulation going on behind the scenes I don’t see it. What is the evidence? Yes, there are many questionable things happening but do they indicate manipulation so that MB can have the person he wants to win win? I don’t think so. I do believe that he manipulated the votes the first year but considering he is currently being sued for that it goes without saying that his actions are under a microscope right now and I’ll lay odds that any machinations are minor in scope.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •