The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PTTE thread????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PTTE thread????"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-01 AT 02:43 PM (EST)

Last year I believe we started a Pick to the End thread about this time (a few eps into the merge). Rules were that you could enter your votes on the thread at any time, you just get more gloating rights the earlier you entered. Should we start before next regular episode or wait for one more to be booted? I'd be up for keeping track of who is still in it weekly if no one else wants to do the duty.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PTTE thread???? Naked 11-27-01 1
   RE: PTTE thread???? I_AM_HE 11-27-01 2
       RE: PTTE thread???? weltek 11-27-01 3
           RE: PTTE thread???? PepeLePew13 11-27-01 4
               RE: PTTE thread???? zzz 11-27-01 5
               PTTE: Final 7 Krautboy 11-27-01 6
                   RE: PTTE: Final 7 Loree 11-27-01 7
               RE: PTTE thread???? sleeeve 11-27-01 8
 PTTE thread, here goes drich61 12-09-01 9
   RE: PTTE thread, here goes zzz 12-09-01 10
       RE: PTTE thread, here goes Pinky and the Brain 12-09-01 11
           RE: PTTE thread, here goes drich61 12-09-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-27-01, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PTTE thread????"
Good idea Weltec, but I for one want to wait for one more episode before I guess the remaining boot sequence. Thanks for offering to maintain the thread.
Naked

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-01, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PTTE thread????"
check on the Fanatics Forum
it may be buried a little though

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-01, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PTTE thread????"
As for there already being something on the Fanatics forum, I saw this particular one as a spoiler worthy thread. It isn't who we want to make it, or how we hope it goes, it's based on spoiler info and logic and therefore should be on the spoiler thread. If the Fans forum has one, that's great, but for those of us who want to base it on spoiler info, that doesn't leave a place for us to write our picks up (don't want to give spoiler info on fan page).

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-01, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PTTE thread????"
There IS one on Fanatics... but there is no spoiling allowed on there, plus most people submitted their PTTEs early going solely on who they liked from very brief first impressions.

I would like to see a Spoilers PTTE with spoilers explaining WHY they think the order is going to go as they've entered it.

Last year, if memory serves me correctly, the PTTE thread on Spoilers was started when there were 7 people remaining in the show. That seems like a good number -- either now when there's 9 or when there's 7 because we've got a firm idea of which group is the supposed majority.

Just my humble opinion... I vote for starting a Spoilers PTTE immediately after Episode 9 (assuming the recap is episode 7.5 not episode 8) when we will have 7 people left.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-27-01, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PTTE thread????"
>Just my humble opinion... I vote
>for starting a Spoilers PTTE
>immediately after Episode 9 (assuming
>the recap is episode 7.5
>not episode 8) when we
>will have 7 people left.
>

Sounds good to me--maybe a moderator type can weigh in on this issue.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-27-01, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "PTTE: Final 7"
I'd vote for predicting the final 7 as well. Last season no one picked it correctly, but it felt like we had enough information to make a good, logical stab at it. Starting now seems a little premature...

Krautboy

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-01, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PTTE: Final 7"
I'd like to wait too. I think who gets booted next will tell us alot. It will help us guess who is in charge of the alliances by who gets to pick the person to be voted for. Right now we still aren't sure. Clarence was obvious once we knew there was a merge. But which way do they go next?

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-27-01, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PTTE thread????"
There's no rule that says it's too early to start a PTTE on spoilers... however... personally it's too early for me... I agree with Pepe that when 7 or 8 people are left is a good time (remember that with a final 4, there will be one less episode to spoil if we wait until 7 left).

I also agree with the comments that spoilers should have it's own PTTE, because this is where we spoil the show... however... I encourage anyone to go join the fanatics PTTE by clicking here... especially if you think you already have it all figured out! (I know I sure don't!)

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-01, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "PTTE thread, here goes"
Already booted:

Diane
Jessie
Carl
Linda
Silas
Lindsey
Clarence
Kelly
Rest of boots: (see below for reasons)

Tom
Frank
Lex
KimJ
KimP
Ethan
Brandon
Teresa

1st week;
Brandon's in the dog house, Samburu shown in previews upset at Brandon, Kelly in interviews saying Brandon would have been smarter to stay with Samburu than going with Boran 5th, all this is misdirection to make viewing public think Brandon stays with Boran, he does not. Why Tom over Lex? Brandon can use Lex in ways Tom is unavailable to him. Brandon convinces Samburu it makes more sense to get rid of Tom now because he has less votes than Lex, and then Lex can be gotten later.

2nd week;
Samburu picks Lex (Brandon is praying Lex does not win immunity here). Brandon goes to Lex tells him he is the pick this week. The other 3 Samburu will vote Lex, Brandon says he will vote Frank. If Lex wants to stay alive, he and the other 2 must vote Frank also or Lex is gone. I'm not sure if Brandon tell KimP this or not, depends how she took his first Boran swap. If he tells her, he says this is their only shot. Because once Lex is gone it is then new Boran, Frank, Teresa, KimJ, and Ethan against the two of them. They must split up Frank and Teresa now. This would also explain how Kelly gets to know Frank so well, and having fun, two of her favorites join her next two.

3rd week;
It is just time for Lex to go, he is of no more use to anyone.

4th week;
Teresa is now in the power position, she picks which two person alliance to go with. Her choices Ethan and KimJ, should she make final two with this pair she is more than likely there with the highly popular Ethan (bad move on Teresa's part). Brandon and KimP, should she make final two with this pair she could be lucky enough to be there with the highly unpopular Brandon. Teresa is a smart woman, unfortunately Ethan probably wins immunmity, so they must vote off KimJ.

5th week;
Here Teresa is hoping for Ethan to win immunity, he makes no decisions on his own and needs guidance. Teresa convinces Ethan they stand a much better chance in the final against Brandon than KimP. You can now see where Teresa making Kelly's manipulator list comes in.

6th week;
This is the know thy jury IC, Teresa is hoping this one is Brandon's. Neither Teresa nor Brandon want to be in the final against Ethan. Ethan must win this to make final, he would also pick Brandon.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-01, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PTTE thread, here goes"
I thought we agreed to wait to the final 7 for PTTE--which means one more week. Also--at that point it would be cleaner to start a new thread rather than add to this thread. Just my suggestion. What does everyone else think?

Pinky and the Brain 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-09-01, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pinky%20and%20the%20Brain Click to send private message to Pinky%20and%20the%20Brain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PTTE thread, here goes"
Agreed. I believe we did the PTTE thread with the first initial only of the bootee, i.e. D/J/C/L/S etc. in the subject heading, similar to the weekly boot thread where the name of bootee is only supposed to appear in the subject line. It kept things very organized.

If my memory is correct, noone correctly picked the entire PTTE last year. Although, a few of us, including myself, would have claimed a share of the crown if Colby prevailed over Tina.

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-01, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PTTE thread, here goes"
>i.e. D/J/C/L/S etc.

That would need altering this year, we have 2 T's and 2 Kim's.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •