The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"An observation of the final three !!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-08-03, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"An observation of the final three !!!!!"
Sorry to start a thread just for this, but I realized something and found it quite curious and a bit of a surprise.

All three final contestants, Ruben, Clay and Kim Locke were the top three votegetters in semifinal round number two. With Ruben and Kim Locke winning the two slots and relegating Clay to the wildcard round.

It's amazing how the outlasted everyone else, that was one tough semifinal round.

Any thoughts?

(c) 2002, 03 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: An observation of the final thr... ejm92 05-08-03 1
   RE: An observation of the final thr... Connie E 05-08-03 3
       RE: An observation of the final thr... dajaki 05-08-03 7
 RE: An observation of the final thr... PrettyInPink 05-08-03 2
 Another Observation Spidey 05-08-03 4
   RE: Another Observation I_AM_SHOCKED 05-08-03 9
       RE: Another Observation Spidey 05-10-03 10
 RE: An observation of the final thr... managerr 05-08-03 5
 RE: An observation of the final thr... PackMan 05-08-03 6
 RE: An observation of the final thr... GeorgiaBelle 05-08-03 8
 RE: An observation of the final thr... munson 05-10-03 11
   RE: An observation of the final thr... katem 05-11-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-08-03, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: An observation of the final three !!!!!"
But is it not also amazing that the original bottom vote getter, Clay, is now getting the top votes most of the time? It is awful ironic, were the ratings in week 2 higher than they were in week 3?

Also, Justin and Kelly were both in the same final 30 group, weren't they? It's odd to have the final two from both shows ended up coming from the same group.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-08-03, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Connie%20E Click to send private message to Connie%20E Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: An observation of the final three !!!!!"
But is it not also amazing that the original bottom vote getter, Clay, is now getting the top votes most of the time?

I don't find this amazing at all.....for once, I agree with Simon, when he said Clay was the only contestant to take criticism to heart. While Clay's AMAZING voice hasn't changed, his image gets better and better every week. He's dropped the facial expressions when he sings, has broadened his range and taken a few chances, and I'm beginning to think Larry has given up his day job and is devoting himself entirely to improving Clay's sense of fashion and style.

Kim L. has also worked on image a lot, but her voice hasn't remained as consistent as Clay's IMHO.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-08-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: An observation of the final three !!!!!"
I'm beginning to think Larry has given up his day job and is devoting himself entirely to improving Clay's sense of fashion and style.

Larry has such a good heart, but where, oh where, did he find that red pimped out suit?

PrettyInPink 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-08-03, 06:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PrettyInPink Click to send private message to PrettyInPink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: An observation of the final three !!!!!"
Interesting observation from both of you! I didn't think of either of those. As for Clay being the all time highest vote getter ever, what can I say? We Clay fans have pretty damn fast redialing fingers, LOL!

"His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!!"

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Another Observation"
Last year, the only person never to be in the bottom 2 or 3 was our eventual winner, Ms. Clarkson. Who hasn't been Bottom at ALL this season?

That's right, our main man Clay Aiken. GO, Clay, GO!

I_AM_SHOCKED 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-08-03, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_SHOCKED Click to send private message to I_AM_SHOCKED Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Another Observation"
>Last year, the only person never to be in the bottom 2 or 3 was >our eventual winner, Ms. Clarkson. Who hasn't been Bottom at >ALL this season?
>That's right, our main man Clay Aiken. GO, Clay, GO!

Ok, there is a huge piece of humor in this post, butt I am not going to point it out for a laugh, because I am sure the vigilante will come after me again and brand me...lol

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Another Observation"
Ok, there is a huge piece of humor in this post, butt I am not going to point it out for a laugh

LOL! I get what you mean, but in deference to the PG-13 rating on this board I will say no more. (It was a very difficult post to word and the implication was unintentional!)

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-08-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: An observation of the final three !!!!!"
I believe Justin and Kelly were both from Group 2 last year as well. In hindsight, they really loaded Groups 1 and 2, where Group 3 and 4 were the weakest.

All 3 of them have worked on their image. I really do suspect Kim L has been reading various message boards to see what people think about her because she has stopped doing a lot of things people were criticizing her about. That is: 1.)Backtalk to the judges. 2.)Straightened her crazy hair and started wearing weight appropriate outfits. (Everyone hated the first few outfits she wore) 3.)Stopped singing SOTR and any song that sounded remotely similar to it.

I can really see the growth in Kim L and Clay. Ruben got rid of his 205 jerseys. I do feel that vocally he has coasted a little though.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-08-03, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: An observation of the final three !!!!!"
Good call, Katem. I was mentioning the same thing to my DW last night. I even remember having a conversation with her at the time of the original semi-finals that Clay was in a very tough group.

I agree with several of the comments already mentioned here. Clay and Kimberly always had the voices, but they have worked very hard on their images. Anyone remember how Clay used to dress? Our little boy is growing up right before our eyes.

Vocally, Clay has demonstrated more range than the other contestants, he has taken the criticism in the manner intended, and he has used it to improve.

Kimberly has really worked to improve her image. I still think Clay will win out over her, but she has done enough to get her foot in the industry door. It will be up to her whether or not she gets to stay.

Meanwhile, Ruben hasn't really progressed since the beginning of the show. I remember the first time I heard him, I was like, "Wow!" But since then, I have not seen him stretch his limits and get better.

Just my opinion, so if you don't agree, that's okay.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-08-03, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: An observation of the final three !!!!!"
First on a personal note to Katem thank you for explaining to my overly bleached blonde self what you were talking about. I know I am in major need of help

It's amazing how the outlasted everyone else, that was one tough semifinal round.

I do agree with you but don't you think that it is simply due to baseline talent? Let's all face it, like 'em or not like 'em for whatever reason, they are good. They made it this far and that is worth the props.

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-10-03, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: An observation of the final three !!!!!"
This group was most definitely loaded as it included Hadas, Jacob John and Candace as well.

Overall, the wildcard selections also did very well. Kimberly Caldwell outlasted both Julia and Charles from her group.

Did Trenyce come out of the Josh/Corey group or the Ricky/Vanessa group?

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-11-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: An observation of the final three !!!!!"

>Did Trenyce come out of the
>Josh/Corey group or the Ricky/Vanessa
>group?

I'm not positive, but I believe Trenyce came from the first round, with Kim C., Julia and Charles. I never understood how Charles got voted into the finals, that boy has an even weaker voice than Joshua.

(c) 2002, 03 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •