The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"episode previews"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-26-01, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"episode previews"
DISCLAIMER: I like Brandon, and I understand most of what I post is seen as wishful thinking, and I TOTALLY agree.

With that said, I have a problem with the previews we have been shown for the recap and next real episode. They seem to be promising a Boran defection, probably to the old Samburu GXA. I understand trying to boost ratings, and that people do not like the way things worked out in survivor 1 and 2. So showing that a change might be possible could get you a temporary ratings gain, but it would be very short lived if it turned out to be a lie. Then after having done that to the viewers once, I would guess the series is done. They would be running survivor 4, looking back at the good old days of the survivor 3 ratings. Is MB really going to risk to future of the series, for a slight ratings gain of one week?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: episode previews dabo 11-28-01 1
 RE: episode previews PepeLePew13 11-29-01 2
   RE: episode previews red 11-29-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: episode previews"
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-01 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

Doubtful; there has to be some delivery on promises or a loss of credibility prospectively would come back to haunt MB and CBS. That said, of course, most people understand the suspense part of the "Survivor" equation and are willing to allow for some leeway (remember the croc attack that didn't happen). In the next (game) all new episode we've been led to believe Lex goes on a "witch hunt" -- but to what end? Does he want to decide who will be the first one on the jury and have that vote definitely not coming his way in the final decision? Weird. The possibility of an Old Boran switching over to side with the remnants of Old Samburu begs credulity as well as they would need to bring two over to their side (Kelly and Kim J.). True, they only need one for the voting bloc, but why would Kelly or Kim J. decide to be a fifth wheel with Old Samburu when they are both already that at worst in Old Boran? No, they would need to bring over the pair with the young/old division in Old Samburu creating the prospect for the pair to make the final four, it just wouldn't work otherwise.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-01, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: episode previews"
>DISCLAIMER: I like Brandon, and I understand most of what I
>post is seen as wishful thinking, and I TOTALLY agree.

What does your liking Brandon have to do with this post?

This topic of will-they or won't-they in regards of a Boran defection has been covered in other threads already, so I won't type out my responses again.

Misdirection happens all the time on TV or in movies. I can't count the number of times I've seen something sexy or a blow-up scene used to advertise a movie but it only gets about 2 seconds in the actual movie out of a total of 2 hours. You might see a trailer with nothing but laughs and one-liners... and that's the entire movie right there with only dull things in between.

>Is MB really going to risk to future of the
>series, for a slight ratings gain of one week?

He does it all the time, tweaking it to fool people week after week. We all were led to believe that a crocodile would eat somebody in S2, but it turned out to be Michael getting BBQ'ed, for example.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-29-01, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: episode previews"
What's with the crocodile? People keep obsessing over this. All he did was show a croc falling off a log and people read into it whatever they would. Ultimately, he promised something devastating, and he did deliver on that promise. The only people who even remember the croc shot at this point are on these boards. I don't think this is a good example of MB whetting his public's appetite and not being able to deliver. He did deliver - Mike's injury was pretty devastating.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •