The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Remaining PLayers and the Recrap"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-23-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Remaining PLayers and the Recrap"
Who do you think MB will make look best in the recrap, and who do you think he will make look the worst, and why?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Remaining PLayers and the Recra... Round Robin 11-23-01 1
   RE: Remaining PLayers and the Recra... Rose Red 11-23-01 2
       The recap and the on-going Ethan-Ke... NorthOfBoston 11-23-01 3
           RE: The recap and the on-going Etha... TechNoir 11-23-01 4
               Agreed, nothing new. Krautboy 11-23-01 5
               RE: The recap and the on-going Etha... munson 11-24-01 8
                   CBS says 50% new footage... Krautboy 11-24-01 10
           OUR HERO, ETHAN ZOHN Rose Red 11-24-01 6
               RE: OUR HERO, ETHAN ZOHN Rose Red 11-24-01 7
               RE: OUR HERO, ETHAN ZOHN NorthOfBoston 11-24-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Remaining PLayers and the Recrap"
I think it's a slam dunk he's gonna make Lex look BAD in the recrap. E7 and the previews for E8 already make him look bad, so I think it makes sense to make him look worst in the recrap as well. This could be another MB mindf**k, though, as there is NO guarantee that Lex will get booted in E8, even though he looks the worst. Who they'll make look the best is a little tougher of a call. Everybody seems to like Teresa, so it could be her, but I'd also not be surprised if it were Big Tom. He seems to be laying in the weeds and not upsetting the apple cart too much, but I think he has some definite opinions that he's just not being too free with yet. MB might build him up and use him as a vehicle to make the remaining shows more interesting.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-23-01, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Remaining PLayers and the Recrap"
I agree, Round Robin. Lex is due for a VERY grotesque make-over. Teresa was hardly seen at all before her series "debut" in Ep.7, and Kim P. is STILL a cypher. He may be build Brandon up to look nicer, too. We've hardly seen a thing about Ethan and his REAL alliances,which I think, therein lie the whole secret of the outcome of the game.
For instance, are he and Kelly closer than they appear to be? Kelly may be a swing vote if there's a ressurection of the Sambooboo, and therefore become a crucial player.
But it may be too little too late for Teresa and co. Too bad. But they are all gonna vote for Lex on their way out. Just watch.And why did Silas dislike Lex so much? Based on what? He never actually met him during the game.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-23-01, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The recap and the on-going Ethan-Kelly connection"
re:
"We've hardly seen a thing about Ethan and his REAL alliances,which I think, therein lie the whole secret of the outcome of the game.
For instance, are he and Kelly closer than they appear to be?"

RoseRed, you know my feelings on this swinging couple! It will be revealed!!!

On the recappy:

I think MB will paint the players so those who haven't tuned in so far have a basic understanding of the good-guys/bad-guys cheering squad line up. If he makes anyone too complex, new viewers will give up.

Shown in a bad light-
Lindsey, Silas, Linda (previous villains and/or annoyances)
Clarence (previous food stealer-villain)
Lex- (new villain)
Frank- (the "crazy" survivor who won't play with others)

Shown in a good light-
Tom & Brandon (comic relief men)
Teresa & MamaKim (dark horses)
Ethan (the hero)

Barely shown at all (the invisible survivors)
Kim Pee
Kelly
Diane (WHO???)
Jessie (if for nothing else but sex appeal value)
Carl

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-23-01, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The recap and the on-going Ethan-Kelly connection"
None of the above. Spawn-o-satan is interested in one thing in the
recap: Ratings.

So he will edit it to make the scenery look nice and introduce everybody
to the folks who haven't been watching. It's his chance to get a new slew
of viewers now that the sweeps season is over and there is nothing else on
TV.

He doesn't need to remind us of anything. We are the obsessed who will
watch no matter what he does.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Agreed, nothing new."
Technoir, agreed. Not expecting anything more than a summary review of what we have already seen. The only hope is that there may be a new preview for next episode...

Krautboy

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-24-01, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The recap and the on-going Ethan-Kelly connection"
Why do I fear some warmed over Insider clips that will provide nothing new in terms of relationship dynamics?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-01, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "CBS says 50% new footage..."
Munson, I think your right; the 50% "new" footage that the CBS website refers to is "new" to the TV viewing audience, but probably just "warmed over Insider Clips" just as you suggest.

Krautboy

11-24-01, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "OUR HERO, ETHAN ZOHN"
North,
Did you drive by the Zohn residence on Thanksgiving as you had planned to?
You can also look at Ethan's ascendance this way. MB needs a new spokesperson for the show - the next winner - who will bring viewers back to the fold.The ratings were lower than ever this week.
He is going to let a freak-show, flip-out, trip-out = Lex, turn people off with his tattoos and his monster ego. He can't have another middle-aged Southern mother of two = Teresa= win. After Tina it will look like only steel magnolias can ace this thing. And so, no, not Teresa. And also maybe not the thong granny, Kim Jay, who even looks more like Tina than Teresa. And he can't have ANOTHER gay guy win a la Richard Hatch. So ba bye Brandon.

That would leave our hero ETHAN ZOHN.He's young. He's smart(vassar grad), sexy, and it would also show that a normal, straight guy could win this thing.
And how can EPMB fix it so that Ethan goes all the way? Well, just give physical challenges that Ethan will probably win. A la Colby. You just watch.

11-24-01, 00:04 AM (EST)
7. "RE: OUR HERO, ETHAN ZOHN"
He is going to let
>a freak-show, flip-out, trip-out =
>Lex, turn people off with
>his tattoos and his monster
>ego.

Oops! I meant, EMPM is NOT going to let a freak show, etc. etc.
Sorry!

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-24-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: OUR HERO, ETHAN ZOHN"
Rose

Actually I DID drive by just as he and Kelly were waving byebye to MamaZohn with a tupperware full of non-vegetarian turkey & stuffing hahaha

No but really I was tempted but decided that was way too stalker-ish. I can still do it if you'd like! And here's an interesting tidbit: his brother lives just around the way from where I work (just found that out yesterday). Not that it helps us in any way, but just wanted to share.

Someone discussed a hatred of Kelly on another link but suggested that she might be shimmying up to the leader (Lex) to blend into the background. Tina had said that we should watch such characters because they will make it far. Hmmmm! Did everyone notice who Kelly was sitting next to during part of the wine-and-cheese hurrah on Insider? YES YOU GUESSED IT! Try to watch on upcoming episodes and summaries and help me continue to prove my theory on the E-K love connection-slash-alliance!

ps: I like that E is now being called OUR HERO

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •