The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lex--Take It Like A Man"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

talljenna 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-23-01, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail talljenna Click to send private message to talljenna Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lex--Take It Like A Man"
Lex.

How utterly stupid you are. How arrogant and two-faced! You showed the whole world your hand, and now you have to play it. You think you have a full-house (L/T/E/MK/K), but you may very well may end of with pair of twos!

As soon as the tribes merged, it was quite evident that Lex was in control (or wanted control). So confident that his alliance was strong, he felt empowered enough to rub almost everyone the wrong way. He is a control freak. Too the extreme! Lex showed last night what Frank did the first episode. However Frank seems to realize that ploy did not work, so he is now perceived as a less threatening loner. Lex on the other hand wants to control everyone's destiny.

Voting Clarence off was a logical move on everyone's part. Clarence was a threat to win many Immunity Challenges. However Lex may have performed the ultimate Gufu last night. His motive for telling Clarence was not out of respect. In all of his arrogance, Lex simply wanted Clarence to be a good boy and go quietly. Maybe he thought if Clarence knows he is gone, as do the other tribe members, then there would be no chance for last second lobbying. At this point everyone feared Lex, not Clarence, so why take that chance.

Teresa however did. This lady showed me something! Not only by winning the Immunity Challenge, but by doing the noble thing and not following the sheep. Yes I think she bonded with Clarence during her time with Boran. And I think both deserve credit for the determination they showed in the Immunity Challenge. Teresa, like GXA, showed her loyalty in a situation which would not likely benefit her in the long run. Or will it?

Back to Lex. His whole "Man-to-Man" talk with Clarence really disgusted me. His astonished face when he realized someone else voted for him tickled me! But I think the Preview clips to the next episode show us the true Lex. Last week someone said all the evil people are gone (Silas, Lindsey). I said no, Lex will show his ugly side. He did, and will continue to do so. Clarence took it like a man when he was voted off last night. Tom did not go ballistic when he received three votes. Lindsey showed us she could be dignified when she was voted off. Lex on the other hand exhibited nothing but the childish behavior of a bully who didn't get his way.

Why does this thread have spoiler value? Somewhere I read that Lex (and Frank) are the only ones who do not keep in contact with other Survivors. Someone said that Lex probably just got on with his life. Frank, being a loner, is understandable. Lex, on the other hand, is not. He seems to have many friends. He swore on his own son that he will maintain his alliance with Tom. He has done nothing but suck up to everyone who could help him along the way. Could it be that the Childish Control Freak alienated enough of the tribe, including some in his own alliance, that he gets voted off much earlier than he expected to? And he is just such a baby (sore loser) that he went home crying?

Look at those left. Ethan and Lex are the top threats in Immunity Challenges. Tom, Brandon, and Mamakim have no chance of winning any. Little Kim, Teresa (despite her victory) and Kelly have little chance of winning unless its an endurance, or intelligence challenge. Which leaves us Ethan, Lex, and Frank. Eliminating Lex soon makes all the sense in the world for those who really have a chance to win this (Ethan, Frank, Kelly).

Lex obviously showed his true colors and proved to me he is less of a man than even Brandon. He is crying over spilled milk, and the milk is sour. He is angry now and after getting voted off no longer wants to play (keep in contact) with the other kids!

Anyone else buy this?

talljenna

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man LoudmouthLee 11-23-01 1
   RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man talljenna 11-23-01 2
       RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man vulcan 11-23-01 3
   RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man katem 11-23-01 5
 Now we Know Why.... Seyz 11-23-01 4
   RE: Now we Know Why.... Loree 11-23-01 6
 Looking for trouble Fast Eddie 11-23-01 7
 RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man munson 11-23-01 8
   RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man Loree 11-23-01 10
 RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man Uberwench 11-23-01 9
 RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man red 11-23-01 11
   RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man landruajm 11-23-01 12
       New archetypes emerging NorthOfBoston 11-23-01 13
           RE: New archetypes emerging Loree 11-24-01 15
   RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man zzz 11-24-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LoudmouthLee 294 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-23-01, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LoudmouthLee Click to send private message to LoudmouthLee Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man"
An interesting thread.. Let me plug in my 2 cents.

It's entirely TOO obvious to see Lex going next week. All of the editing is pointing towards him. I do see him going. I also find it interesting that he's not even keeping up with the LET alliance. I see Lex turning on TOM next week, because Lex knows that in case of a tie, the only person with more votes than him is Tom.

I posted my characted development thread, and from there, I can guess, at this point in time, an "Ethan vs. Frank" final. and that would be a very interesting thing. However, I see Tom going next week, and Lex going soon after.

I see an alliance forming. Let us not underestimate the MamaKim/Ethan alliance. Let us not underestimate the Kelly factor, and her "narrative" of survivor so far. Lets not forget Frank's "outsider" view... and the was MB seems to be protecting him.

(Woooohooo... Special thanks to all of my OT buddies, especially the tag team combination of SamIAm and Boomer Thank you for the sig. Thank you, my OT buddies for making me smile 24/7 )

"What you call the disease, I call the remedy, and what you call the cause, I call the cure" -TMMB

"Moscow's in ashire, whats the problem? Should I throw my tammy in the ring and run for presidente?" - Trashcan Sinatras

talljenna 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-23-01, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail talljenna Click to send private message to talljenna Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-01 AT 11:39 AM (EST)

Hi LML,

(BTW, love your sig!)

Perhaps you are right--Lex, like Teresa last week, seems to obvious. Or is it?

Obviously (at least to me) Old Samburu feels alive again. I am not sure an alliance of Teresa/Frank/Brandon/LilKim would hold long, but at this stage, what else do they have? This is the perfect opportunity for one of the fringe Boran Alliance members to take a stand. Too early? No, its the perfect time. Assuming the Boran Alliance does not betray one another, Samburu will now be picked off one-by-one. They have to know this, and Teresa especially must feel vulnerable.

You say Tom may go, but I honestly see no logic in this. One, without Lex he is an outsider in Boran. Two, he is absolutely no threat (unlike Lex) to win any Immunity Challenges. Three he seems to like everyone (except Brandon) and will not be a disruption should tribal lines fall.

Lex on the other hand seems to have crossed everyone but Ethan and Tom. Ethan is likable enough that he could form a new alliance (without deserting Lex) if Lex is indeed voted off. I could see him, Teresa, Frank and Mamakim together if Lex goes. GXA could be used just for one vote, and then be discarded.

Would Kelly risk betraying Boran now? Mamakim? Is their chances of winning better with Lex gone now, or when they reach the Final 5 (where Lex would be a huge threat)?

I say it's obvious. It makes perfect sense. If face-time is a determining factor, then it would be Frank, Teresa, or Lex. All three dominated my TV screen last night. Lex going now (instead of later) also makes for a more enertaining and less predictable finish, which is what the Producers want. It's good TV!

No Tom going just does not make sense. Please note that tie-breakers (previous votes) won't likely play a role in the next vote as we have an odd number. This helps Tom, and hurts Lex IMHO.

talljenna

vulcan 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-23-01, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vulcan Click to send private message to vulcan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man"
Last night revealed the real villan the man who in my prediction will be in the final two as now this whole gme degenerates into the stronger tribe (boran) picking off the weaker tribe (samburu) teresa showed her true colors which was a good thing and clarences biggest mistake was not jumping ship and convivncing her when he had the chance to this fact how it would of been beneficial to them all

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-23-01, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man"

>I posted my characted development thread,
>and from there, I can
>guess, at this point in
>time, an "Ethan vs. Frank"
>final. and that would be
>a very interesting thing. However,
>I see Tom going next
>week, and Lex going soon
>after.

Let us not underestimate
>the Kelly factor, and her
>"narrative" of survivor so far.

See, at the beginning and for the next several episodes, I did not think all that much of Kelly, but NOW all that has changed, this woman is a total force to be reckoned with, I think she has it all to not only make it to the end, but to win the whole thing.

At this point in the game, I would say Ethan and Kelly are right up there to win this thing. Frank has absolutely no chance to win, not many people on the jury would vote for him, and I do not think he will last much longer, in fact, barring immunity for him, I see Frank becoming the very first member of the jury.

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-23-01, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Now we Know Why...."
Now we know why Silas and Lindsey kept in touch w/ everyone but Lex. Lex probably rubbed EVERYONE the wrong way, then get voted off ... and gets.. all bitter. Insane Lex... He's worse than Lindsey.. at least you could tell Lindsey wasn't mean, just emotional.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-23-01, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Now we Know Why...."
On the Early Show Clarence said he didn't like Lex and Ethan in the game. But he says he likes them fine now. He doesn't seem to hold any bad feelings. So that makes me wonder if neither of them wins and that is why Clarence doesn't dislike them. If the people he hated in the game went on to win I could see him still not liking them. But if they get voted out also before the end I could see Clarence willing to feel avenged and not hold hard feelings.

Lex seems consumed with winning. But he has to realize that probably his biggest competition now that Clarence is gone, is Ethan. And unlike Clarence, Ethan seems well-liked. So I wonder if Lex wouldn't stab his buddy Ethan in the back. Lex probably doesn't see Tom as competition so he's safe to keep around. But Lex has to be worried about Ethan going on an IC winning spree.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-23-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Looking for trouble"
From Stacey to Lindsey, when people get obsessed with taking revenge on those who voted against them, things end up badly for them. Lex should follow Rudy's example and he'd go a lot farther.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-23-01, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man"
Before last night, Lex seemed to be playing the game perfectly but telling Clarence the group had decided (read Lex has decided) that he would be the next to go was just plain stupid. The result of this conversation was a guaranteed vote from Clarence. Maybe it won't matter but why even take the chance?

Now, the preview for next episode shows the vindictive Lex. Again, not very smart. The winners of this game are able to somehow detach themselves emotionally from the game, at least as far as the alliances and voting are concerned. Sure, Rich pouted a little after receiving all those votes on his birthday and refused to fish for a few days but he always was in control of his emotions and kept his head in the game. Same for Tina.

Unlike many, I don't believe this new, evil Lex is any more vulnerable than he was before. In fact, who doesn't believe that Lex just became everyone's favorite partner in F2? Could he win a showdown with any of the Old Boran? Of course, I said the same about Rich in S1...

11-23-01, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man"
Lex made the same mistake Silas did when he tried to tell his former Samburu teammates who to vote for. He said even though he was voting one of them off he wanted them to all vote for Lindsey. They didn't take it well. Did Lex really think Clarence would respect him for telling him about the vote and vote for whoever Lex wanted and not for Lex himself?

But I do think Lex will stick around for awhile. I don't think MB would have waited this long to show this ugly side of Lex if he was going to turn around and boot him the next episode. He has known all along that Kelly and some others didn't care for Lex's bossy behaviour. But he had other villains and didn't need Lex yet. But once the others were booted he needed a new villain to entertain. Enter the real Lex. Lex will now be around for awhile to give us someone to root against. But he probably won't win. If he was our winner I don't think we would have seen the ugly side of Lex.

Uberwench 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-23-01, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Uberwench Click to send private message to Uberwench Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man"
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that despite his really dumb move of telling Clarence he was going next (which I do feel was motivated by a misplaced sense of honor on Lex's part), Lex will be around a while. Here's why.

The fact that the preview showed Lex "smoking out the snake" who voted against him and threatening to chop off some heads is, to me, too obvious. I think that teaser is going to turn into a lot less than many viewers expect it will. Perhaps when he does this, Teresa will turn to him and say something conciliatory like, "Well, I couldn't vote against Clarence after he was a man of his word to me, so I felt I had to vote for the next greatest threat---that's you, Lex, because you're clearly a leader and physically strong."

Or maybe Lex will make those statements in private interviews, but conduct himself with more decorum with the other survivors. *We* see him being a paranoid vitriolic guy who's lost all his cool, but *they* may not see that side of him nearly as much, thereby preserving his status as an acceptable member of the tribe.

Or a third possibility---Teresa may keep her mouth shut or even hint to Lex that it was one of his own tribesmen who voted against him, thus opening the door to pulling him into a renewed Samburu alliance of Teresa, Frank, Kim the Younger, and Brandon.

I don't think Lex is going anywhere anytime soon. The hints are just too broad that he will, and we've already seen that MB and company are tossing out red herrings right and left to those who love to spoil.

This game just keeps getting more entertaining as the weeks go by.

-----The Wench

red 140 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man"
Boran HAS to take out Samburu at the next tribal council. Otherwise they risk a 4-4 split at eight people, and Samburu knows Tom has three votes and Lex has two. They would be able to take control of the game if they survive another tribal council. So some poor Samburu will have to go.

Teresa is my best guess at this point, although the teaser makes it too obvious. She made a faux-pas by voting for Lex, but even more so by proving herself an immunity threat. You Go Girl! But even so, she may have made herself a target right there. The other options are Frank (who I think Ethan may have bigger plans for) and Brandon and Kim, both possibilities.

Now, once one more Samburu is taken out, whether taking out Lex is an option when there are eight people, five of whom are Boran, I could sort of see it happening then.

I still think Ethan is in charge of this game. And now I understand why an alliance with Lex would be appealing to him.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man"
People tend to go on Survivor, forget what they're really doing, and just vote off people who annoy them. I have a feeling we're at one of those points.

Accepting a couple of premises--that Lex is WAY too obvious a target, given that's who's being hinted at; that the same probably applies to Teresa; and that Frank does too much work for people to casually discard him--and accepting your argument that the former Borings will gang up to boot a former Samboohoo from the brand new MotoPhoto (TM) tribe, I think Brandi becomes the most likely target.

I'm not saying that's what I believe will happen, I'm just saying that's where your train of thought gets me. But of the obvious candidates this week (Lex, Frank, Brandi, and Teresa), Brandi is at the disadvantage of being the only one who hasn't been heavily hinted at--and who MB made a real effort to "redeem" this week.

So much more than a sentient computer.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "New archetypes emerging"
I agree with red on this one:

"Boran HAS to take out Samburu at the next tribal council. Otherwise they risk a 4-4 split at eight people, and Samburu knows Tom has three votes and Lex has two. They would be able to take control of the game if they survive another tribal council. So some poor Samburu will have to go."

And I think the point made about not wanting our winner to be a ranting, mean, backstabber like Lex is a good one. After all, this is tv, not REALity, at least not in the editing process. MB wants us to have someone to cheer for and he wants us to tune in next season!

I see some interesting archetypes emerging, and I think everyone's prediction of the final four makes sense:

Frank is the RODGER of S3: he works hard so he's worth keeping around, and he's not one to be the dominator (anymore)

MamaKim is the TINA (but not the all-around winner), the seemingly innocuous mother figure who does what needs to be done

Kelly is the ELISABETH: another seemingly harmless woman who will later emerge as a possible threat as numbers dwindle

Tom is the AMBER: he probably won't win immunity, he's vulnerable without a sidekick to support him, and since he's not doing anything to us right now, why not keep him along, for a while anyway

Lex is the JERRI. I say JERRI and not KEITH because I think Keith served a purpose for the final 3 and didn't have any real leadership role or control over S2. JERRI did have some sway, and her personality flaws got the best of her.

Ethan, however, Ethan is. . . is. . . ???? a new archetype? He's the RAMBY: RODGER-AMBER-COLBY: (RODGER)likeable and teddy-bearish so you want to keep him around, if only to keep you sane; (AMBER) lurking under the radar (he doesn't scream "I'll beat you!" the way other strong men on S3 seem to emit); and yet (COLBY) strong & fit. I can't imagine anyone beating him out in the final 2 unless he does something very mean and makes enemies.

11-24-01, 01:46 PM (EST)
15. "RE: New archetypes emerging"
Lex and Tom will definitely want to take out a Samburu this week and keep their Boran advantage. (Unless crazy Lex gets it in his mind that it was a Boran who voted against him. Then who knows what he would do.) And we assume Ethan will go along with Lex and Tom. Now if Kelly or MamaKim felt vulnerable they may want to switch sides. The idea being that next week Boran could turn on them like they did on Clarence. And they'd be next out. But I doubt they feel vulnerable yet. MamaKim was told she was weak before the switch and would have been voted out. But now her weakness is to her advantage and she is not seen as a threat. And did you see how quickly Kelly dropped out of the bucket challenge showing she is not a threat at all? So it does seem that Boran will stick together. Lex or Tom would have to do something really bad to make Kelly or MamaKim give up their present security and vote with the Samburus. The arguement could come up by who Lex wants to target and why. Is he doing it for the team or himself?

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-24-01, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Lex--Take It Like A Man"
I agree that Boran has to take out a Samburu if the old alliance lines hold. Some people have speculated that Kelly or KimJ (or some even think Ethan as a possibility) may jump over to the other side. I have my doubts.

To jump ahead a little (just for fun)--assuming Boran holds together in E8, why would they break apart E9? Jerri was booted because Colby and Tina just did not like her and believed that Amber would not be able to jump sides and save herself. If, for example, they tried to take out Lex in E9, unless Tom agreed to this, Tom would feel vulnerable and jump sides. That would give old Samburu + Tom a 4-3 advantage over old Boran. The only way to get rid or an old Boran in E9 would be if either (1) there is one person in old Boran that is not liked by all the other 4 old Boran and all 4 agree to the boot or (2) the rest of old Boran were confident that the person closest to the old Boran being gotten rid of will not jump sides (e.g, they thought Tom would be as stupid as Amber and not see that jumping sides was his only chance to save himself after seeing Lex go). I don't think that old Boran can be confident of either (1) or (2) being true, which is why I think that if old Boran sticks together in E8, they will stick together to the final 5 (barring immunity runs by an old Samburu).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •