The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lindsey's Chat Transcript from CBS.com"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-01, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lindsey's Chat Transcript from CBS.com"
Here's the chat from CBS.com (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor3/survivors/chat_archive/lindsey/lindsey_c.shtml)

Survivor Host: There are tons of great questions, so let's get started! If you're just joining us, we're chatting live with Lindsey Richter. To ask Lindsey a question, please type it in the space below and click "Ask the Survivor." We'll get to as many of your questions as we can. Let's get started! Hi Lindsey! Welcome and thanks for being here to chat with us today.

Lindsey Richter: Hi everyone! I'm not as bad as you think!

shaggy: Lindsey, I liked you at the first episode, but you went downhill fast. Do you think your association with Silas, Brandon and Kim hurt you?
Lindsey Richter: No, I don't think that hurt me. We had a very close friendship to begin with, and when we found out the older people wanted to get rid of the younger people, we were sort of sitting ducks, and decided we needed to make some sort of a move in order to prevent ourselves from being voted off. No, I don't look back at anything I did with regret as far as alliances go. I think I did the best I could.

CandyCane: Congratulations on your admirable exit. How long did you contemplate voting for Brandon?
Lindsey Richter: Thank you, that's very sweet of you. I contemplated it for about two hours. I actually told Brandon that I was approached to vote against him, and told him I wouldn't do it in a million years. On the way to Tribal Council, I thought about it again and realized that I couldn't do it to him, not even for a million dollars.

sybok: Lindsey, were you surprised to see Silas gone?
Lindsey Richter: Yes, I was VERY surprised. I pretended not to be, but I knew now that Silas was gone, somebody would turn against me and reveal to my teammates that I had votes against me. So, it was quite the shocker, quite the heartbreaker.

verl asks: Lindsey, you were labeled a "whiner." Do you feel you were unjustly portrayed?
Lindsey Richter: I'm not going to blame anything on editing. I had my fair share of emotional moments, but they definitely focused on those moments and made them look like they lasted longer and were more frequent than they really were. I do not think I whined, because I think a whiner is someone who complains about everything. I simply got a little emotional and shed some tears, so I don't think I was a whiner.

Kiana: Do you think that if you didn't try to get others to vote for Brandon, you may have still been there?
Lindsey Richter: Yes, I think I shot myself in the foot by panicking and talking too much about Brandon possibly having votes. Kelly approached me to vote for Brandon and join with them, and it was pretty much a set-up for them to see if I really had votes against me. So, I shot myself in the foot. I should have just sat back and let the day continue without panicking like I did.

JenWor: Who irritated you the most?
Lindsey Richter: It's a very emotional game. Everyone can get on your nerves at some point, as I'm sure I irritated many people. I can't pinpoint one person who irritated me the most. If I had to, I'd say that Frank was a little too bossy for my taste, but that doesn't mean that he's not a good person.

MikeAllbright: Lindsey, do you think Big Tom acted inappropriately by slapping your butt, or was that fine with you?
Lindsey Richter: Big Tom is a BIG FLIRT, but he's harmless and he's hilarious! It was all in good fun and it was no big deal.

LindseysExotic: What was the hardest challenge for you?
Lindsey Richter: Oooh. I would have to say I loved every challenge. They were awesome. If I had to choose the most difficult, it would be carrying the house up the hill, because it was really heavy. There were two guys and me and Kelly, and we didn't have the strength of all the men in the Boran tribe, so it was very difficult.

Nina: What is the one thing that you think this experience has taught you?
Lindsey Richter: Well, it's taught me to appreciate the little things in life that you take for granted on a normal basis, like food and water. It's taught me to be a little more patient and assess a situation before reacting to it. It has taught me that people can be pretty cruel when it comes to money, and don't ever announce you started your period again on national TV.

aliens exist: What was more embarrassing to watch, yourself saying that you started your period, or having 2 guys taking a tick from your butt? Anyway, the show will not be the same with out you. that's for sure!!!
Lindsey Richter: Awww, thank you! I think I was memorable! Definitely, announcing starting my period on national TV was by far the single most humiliating thing in my life. I was saying it to Kim because I felt sick on the walk up. I didn't think the cameras were anywhere near me, and those microphones can pick up anything. They sure got me on that one! Very, VERY embarrassing.

ScratchVoice: Will you go back to Africa?
Lindsey Richter: I would LOVE to share Africa with someone I love, because it's an amazing, beautiful country that definitely needs to be appreciated by people I'm close to.

bigcat: Lindsey, your Final Words seem to indicate that you weren't prepared to do whatever was necessary to win. If that's so, why did you go on the show in the first place?
Lindsey Richter: Good question! I ask myself that everyday! I went on the show because I'm an athlete, and I honestly believed that being an athlete was a strength in this game. I'm friendly, I'm outgoing and I'm usually pretty likeable, so it surprised me when I was in a compromising position and had to question my morals and values when playing a game. I decided that in playing a game, manipulating and stabbing a friend in the back was something I wouldn't do in real life. I just couldn't do it. To be in this game, you definitely need to be able to have a poker face and not let people know what you are thinking. I'm very bad at that, obviously.

Rick477: What did you think of Ethan and Kim J. giving the former Borans signals that you had votes?
Lindsey Richter: I knew it was going to happen. Once I saw Silas was gone, I knew someone was going to tip them off to vote for me. I was prepared for it. Still, didn't stop me from crying though, did it? I'm such a baby.

ScratchVoice: Assuming you're a SURVIVOR fan, was there anything that disappointed you about the game?
Lindsey Richter: The switching of the tribe members sure stuck a stake in my plans, but other than that, the game is what it is, and it's a difficult game to play emotionally, because it's pretty draining. Overall, I was pretty impressed by the way they do the show; it's pretty creative.

huppster: Do you think you would still be on if Kelly hadn't overheard Brandon telling how many votes you had?
Lindsey Richter: I'm not sure if Kelly really overheard him talking about me having votes. I think she overheard we had some plan, and it sparked her curiosity, so they set me up by asking if I'd vote for Brandon, which ultimately gave away that I had votes. It's nobody's fault but my own that they found that out.

KING OF THE JUNGLE: I thought it was really courageous to say what you did at Tribal Council. What gave you the guts to say what you did? By the way, I think you're a great person for doing so!
Lindsey Richter: Oh, thank you! Somebody out there still loves me! Y'know, I didn't know that I was going to be able to state my case. I thought if it was a tie, I would just have to immediately leave because I had votes against me. So when Jeff gave me the chance to state my case, that's really the first thing that popped into my head.

PROWRESTLINGDAILYcom: Lindsey, are you still friends with Brandon?
Lindsey Richter: Absolutely. He called me last night to tell me to call him if I get sad watching my demise! He's a great guy: hilarious.

o_ethan_bye_linz: Lindsey, you said that the emotional aspect of the game was taking its toll on you. Did you watch the first two SURVIVORS? Didn't you realize that was part of the game?
Lindsey Richter: I did not watch the first two shows with the intention of getting on SURVIVOR. I really focused on the athletic part of SURVIVOR, and that's why I applied. I thought the challenges would be a great way for me to excel in the game. I truly was not prepared for how emotional I became out there and how stressful such an extreme situation was going to be.

pharmy: Lindsey, what do you plan to do now that you've gotten so much publicity?
Lindsey Richter: Is my publicity good or bad? That's the question! Y'know, I plan on enjoying the moment. I expect it to be only a quick fifteen minutes of fun and I'm just going to ride it out and see what happens.

like whoa: If you were going to date one of the other contestants, who would it be?
Lindsey Richter: If I had to choose somebody to date, I would definitely have to say Ethan. From what I've seen on TV, he seems like a sweetheart. Gotta love the hair.

lindey_lover: How much did you think of loved ones? The show really only showed Frank reflecting on loved ones.
Lindsey Richter: There was one scene last week where they showed me really fighting back tears. They showed a few clips of that same section where I was crying, which made it look like I was crying the entire episode. Right before that interview, one of the producers asked me if I missed home, missed my family. They know where to poke, and that's what triggered my tears. I missed my family a lot. There's nothing like knowing that there are people at home who love you unconditionally and are waiting for you, especially in a stressful situation like SURVIVOR. And I'm also just a big baby!

kaykay1027: Do you still hate Frank?
Lindsey Richter: I NEVER hated Frank. When I said "Drop dead, Frank," I was really sick and delirious, and was tired of hearing him hooting and hollering. He's a very genuine and caring human being who gets bossy sometimes because of his military background. The way he talked about his wife and his daughters was amazing.

kelbel: Who don't you keep in touch with from the show?
Lindsey Richter: To be honest, I haven't talked to Frank and I haven't talked to Lex. I'm not exactly sure why I haven't talked to Lex, because I think he's a great guy. I think some people just went back to their normal lives and just kept in touch with who they were really close to out there, but I'm pretty much in touch with everyone else.

Guillaume50: Lindsey, looking back, do you think you guys made a mistake not taking Linda out first? I think if you would have keep Carl, you may have all lasted to the merge that way.
Lindsey Richter: This is why we chose Carl; finally I can clear this up. We knew if there was a tie there would be questions asked. We thought the questions would pertain to each of our lives, for instance, "What are Theresa's kids' names," etc. Carl is a great guy, has a big heart and worked hard out there, but talked about himself a LOT. He didn't give much room for others to talk about themselves, therefore we chose Carl because we didn't think he'd be able to win if the questions were about people's lives. We used the excuse of money because we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and thought that was a compliment to him. The money issue turned in to a negative thing and bit us in our rears. Linda is very smart and a very good listener, so we didn't choose her in fear of her beating one of us if it came down to a tie-breaker of questions. Thank goodness we didn't choose her, or I would have been gone episode three.

MissCleo: Lindsey, you guys were LAAAAAZZZYYYY and seemed to sleep all day! Why not do your fair share of chores?
Lindsey Richter: We definitely did our fair share of the chores! Let me emphasize: we DEFINITELY were not as lazy as we were being portrayed. When it shows us sleeping when others are awake, that was about an hour after they got up, and definitely no later than seven in the morning. They got up around five, didn't give us the option of waking up to help them; they would just leave us. During this game, you need to co-exist with people out there. Co-existing means there needs to be adapting and compromising. The three of us did not pop out of bed at the crack of dawn, but by no means did we sleep per se. We merely wanted to catch up on some sleep that was missed because we had a hard time sleeping at night. Seven o'clock in the morning is not sleeping in. There could have been a discussion between us and the older people about a compromise: them waiting a bit longer to go to the watering hole and us waking up a half hour earlier and going with them. Keeping in mind this is still before seven o'clock. There was no compromising; therefore we ended up looking a lot lazier than we actually were. EVERYBODY laid around during the heat of the day: EVERYBODY.

Psycholindsey: Why were you so mean to Linda?
Lindsey Richter: I don't really think I was necessarily mean to Linda. I returned from Tribal Council after almost getting voted off full of all kinds of emotions. Keep in mind my emotions were exacerbated by the dynamics of a fairly emotional game. I was fired up that night, and said some things to everyone that I definitely should not have said. I quickly apologized for my actions. The next morning, Linda was still fired up and was speaking to me in a very condescending way. I was not ready to hug her, and she continued to push herself on me. What you didn't see was Linda and I had a very long heart-to-heart talk after that incident. If you notice, I came to Tribal Council that night with braids in my hair. Linda braided my hair for two hours. She is a wonderful person who was caught up in the game just like I was, and there are no ill feelings either way.

SurvivorLuvr: Do you think if there wasn't a gap in your tribe that Jeff and the Producers would have left the tribes the way they were?
Lindsey Richter: I really don't know what their thinking was behind all that. According to Mark Burnett, he had that switch planned before the game even started because--trust me--I asked.

Quebecsurvivor: How did you get that scar on your face?
Lindsey Richter: During the challenge when I was running with the house up the hill, it was so heavy that I was balancing it on my face. At the top of the hill it slipped out of my hands and it scraped down the side of my face. Beautiful, isn't it?

Logan: You are my favorite Survivor and you played the game really well. Was the growing relationship between you and Kelly real?
Lindsey Richter: I wouldn't say I played the game well, but thank you SO much for being a fan. There were times I really wanted to kick myself in the head. As far as Kelly, I thought it was real. It appeared behind the scenes she did not think the same, but then last night when I saw the look on her face when I was voted off, I believed she did like me. She's a sneaky little devil.

Survivor Host: Unfortunately, we're all out of time with Lindsey today. Lindsey, thanks so much for taking the time to chat with us today. Any final comments for the fans?
Lindsey Richter: Thank you for writing to me. I really appreciate you all being fans, but thank you most of all for understanding this is a game, laughing with me for when I was overly emotional, putting up with my dramatic antics and remaining loyal fans to the most hated Survivor in history! Seriously, thank you all.

Survivor Host: Thanks for joining us, everyone. Tune in to an all-new SURVIVOR AFRICA Thursday at 8:00pm ET/PT only on CBS. And don't forget to check www.cbs.com/survivor for all the latest SURVIVOR info. See ya next time!!!

-MC

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lindsey's Chat Transcript from ... MC_Hampster 11-21-01 1
 RE: Lindsey's Chat Transcript from ... Bebo 11-21-01 2
   Jury segregation AyaK 11-22-01 5
 RE: Lindsey's Chat Transcript from ... Miaperdido 11-21-01 3
   RE: Lindsey's Chat Transcript from ... dangerkitty 11-21-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lindsey's Chat Transcript from CBS.com"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-01 AT 02:07 PM (EST)

Not much telling information in this chat, other than we see the continuing theme of people not chatting with Lex:

To be honest, I haven't talked to Frank and I haven't talked to Lex. I'm not exactly sure why I haven't talked to Lex, because I think he's a great guy. I think some people just went back to their normal lives and just kept in touch with who they were really close to out there, but I'm pretty much in touch with everyone else.

She also explains why they voted for Carl: They thought the tie breaker would be a "know thy tribe" quiz, and they thought Linda would be good at that.

And apparantly, it was oldBoran that approached her about voting for Brandon, not the other way around. She claims (and she's right I'm sure) that it was a trick to see if she really had votes. I think Kelly looks to be one smart cookie!

And she doesn't give a reason as to why she's not talking to Frank.

Anyone else see anything interesting?

Edited to add more interesting tidbits

-MC

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-01, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lindsey's Chat Transcript from CBS.com"
>like whoa: If you were going
>to date one of the
>other contestants, who would it
>be?
>Lindsey Richter: If I had to
>choose somebody to date, I
>would definitely have to say
>Ethan. From what I've seen
>on TV, he seems like
>a sweetheart. Gotta love the
>hair.

This tells me that Ethan makes the jury (or the final 2). It's obvious that she didn't get a chance to spend time with him while they were in Africa.

Looks like Ethan is safe this week. I know, most of us think that already, but this is evidence to support that thought.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-22-01, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Jury segregation"
Although I think Ethan does make the final 2, keep in mind that the pre-jury bootees are kept segregated from the jury (as I understand it, MB started doing this in S2 after Stacey pumped the jury for info all the time in S1), so she wouldn't know Ethan no matter when he got booted.

It's clear, though, that Linz doesn't really know Ethan at all ("from what I've seen on TV") and that she hasn't kept in touch with Kelly. This would indicate that there is no alliance between her fellow Mall Rats and Kelly or Ethan. Therefore, there shouldn't be any Mall Rats left in the final 6.

Miaperdido 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-21-01, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Miaperdido Click to send private message to Miaperdido Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lindsey's Chat Transcript from CBS.com"
I thought the house moving challenge was old boran vs old samburu. Kelly didn't even help carry a house she was inside the pen. Am I wrong?

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-21-01, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lindsey's Chat Transcript from CBS.com"
I'm sure that was meant to say Kim, not Kelly.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •