The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-06-06, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-06 AT 10:03 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-06-06 AT 10:01 AM (EST)

Next boot prediction time! Ok, some are shocked and some are not so shocked with Mandisa's boot...but she was not a favored boot candidate in last week's boot prediction thread because many people thought she would not have any problem singing country music. Unfortunately, her strengths were not showcased by her song choice.

Ryan told us that next week is Queen song week. Who will this theme favor? Who will underwhelm the audience?

Taylor, Kellie and Chris have such good fan support that I would be really surprised to any of them booted.

Katherine rose to the occasion this week with her performance--can she belt out a Queen tune as well?

Ace and Bucky also proved resilient--will they be able to master a Queen tune well enough for the fans to support them next week?

Paris is newly vulnerable-- and is she versatile enough?

Elliot should be able to rebound with Queen but does he have a fan base? He certainly gets support from the judges.

Last week I was able to nearly call the bottom three...

"Ace, Paris, Mandisa, and Elliot are all ?? for me this week. I think the boot will be one of these four."

However, I believed in Mandisa's fan base a bit too much and missed the boot: "Since Mandisa also has a strong fan base, I think she can survive country week."

So this week I think the bottom three will be: Ace--who has no real support from the judges; Bucky--who had his moment in the spotlight last week; and I think Paris will make a return trip unless Elliot does not get support from the judges.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... selah 04-06-06 1
 RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... Magnolia_Rocker 04-06-06 2
   RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... nailbone 04-06-06 3
 RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... Tahj 04-06-06 4
 RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... tenmeters 04-06-06 5
   RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... nailbone 04-06-06 8
 RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... soldiersmom 04-06-06 6
   RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... theking0075 04-06-06 7
       RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... nailbone 04-06-06 9
   RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... tamarama 04-06-06 10
       RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... sylvester 04-07-06 26
 RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... Iconoclastic 04-06-06 11
   RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... jlawman 04-06-06 13
       RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... nailbone 04-06-06 14
           RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... jlawman 04-06-06 15
               RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... sweet cheeks 04-06-06 21
 RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... weird al 04-06-06 12
 RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... CattyChat 04-06-06 16
   RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... Glow 04-06-06 17
 Ace PagongRatEater 04-06-06 18
   RE: Ace geg6 04-06-06 19
       RE: Ace PagongRatEater 04-07-06 23
       RE: Ace Glow 04-07-06 24
 MSNBC's poll nailbone 04-06-06 20
 RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... KentuckyCindy 04-06-06 22
 RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... Flex_appeal2000 04-07-06 25
   RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the ... TruGoodness 04-08-06 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

selah 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-06-06, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail selah Click to send private message to selah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"

whoever Simon dislikes the most, for whatever reason, that's who will leave.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-06-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
At this point its really hard to tell. It all depends on how well they do on any given week. I will tell you who isn't going anywhere anytime soon and that's Taylor/Chris/Kellie. As for the boot....*shrugs*.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
I'd add Kat to that "not going anywhere" list.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-06-06, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
Bucky. Please Freddy Mercury, if you're listening, let it be Bucky.

Moves courtesy of Syren

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-06-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
It's either Elliot or Bucky next week.
But I hope the blond girl leaves.

04-06-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
The blond girl will leave eventually, but not before Bucky or Elliot.

Sig by Arkie!!

soldiersmom 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail soldiersmom Click to send private message to soldiersmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
You guys are forgetting the "Bottom 3 - next week rebound" So I'll go as far to say that Paris and Elliot will probably be safe. I think that we will see Bucky, Ace, and Katherine bottom 3 - I also see some of the fans of the fans Chris/Taylor/Kellie - being over confident and maybe voting elsewhere because they think they are safe - it will be interesting.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-06-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
I think the support Elliot gets from the judges nullifies the rebound effect for him. Being a judges favorite, he is probably viewed as less vunerable. I think Paris is safe though. I see a lot of Mandisa voters switching over to her now. My bottom 3 pick: Ace, Elliot, and Bucky and Bucky is gone (what Queen song could he possibly sing well?) though I would rather it was Elliot.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

04-06-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
I think Ace, Elliot, Bucky would be my bet also, although I could see Paris there again, with Bucky leaving. I may change that after hearing the performances next week.

Sig by Arkie!!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-06-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
>>Bucky, Ace, and Katherine bottom 3<<

I agree with this...

They were in the middle this week, their fans will relax a little bit.

I think Bucky & Ace will both have a really hard time with Queen. They are the 2 weakest male vocalists, and Queen's vocals are really tough. Katherine's performance will likely be OK, but she seems to have a smaller fanbase than some.

I also think Kellie will stink like a dead dog next week, but (unfortunately) it looks like her fan base is very strong, and she'll likely be safe. Watch out for the week after though! I think her turn for a scare will come sooner rather than later.

Fans of Paris will certainly rebound & make her safe...and FINALLY, I will actually be home, and able watch live and VOTE FOR ELLIOTT. So he'll be fine. I'll see to it.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-07-06, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
"I also think Kellie will stink like a dead dog next week"

Omg, I almost inhaled my piece of steak when I read that.

Bwahahahaha

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
Ace, and I'm going to just keep saying it because eventually I'm going to be right..........and then I'll say I told you so.

jlawman 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-06-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jlawman Click to send private message to jlawman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
One could only hope it is ACE, as he'll all glam and no talent for the most part. But, too many 20-something girls love him.

Honestly, here's how I think it will shake out in order until the end:

8. Bucky
7. Elliott
6. Paris
5. Katharine
4. Ace
3. Kellie
2. Taylor
1. Chris

If anyone doesn't think that Chris has already won this thing, they're kidding themselves.

04-06-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
I thnk you're Top 5 may be right, but in the wrong order.

I'm (right now anyway) thinking

Bucky
Paris
Elliot
Ace
Taylor
Kellie
Kat
Chris

Sig by Arkie!!

jlawman 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jlawman Click to send private message to jlawman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
I'd like to believe you are correct, particularly becase when they announced the top 24, I picked Katharine to win it all. But, I don't see the fan support for her. I think she's going to be one of the typical "shocker" picks to go in the next 3-4 shows. I think she should be in the top 2 with Chris, but again, I just don't see it happening.

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"

I'm very disappointed about Mandisa being voted out.
She has the best and strongest singing voice of all those singers.
Well her and Katharine.Shows me how the voters vote.
Mandisa and Katharine should be the last to go in my oppinion.

weird al 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weird%20al Click to send private message to weird%20al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
I'll go with Bucky as the next boot - his fan base will likely be complacent after he missed the bottom 3 for two weeks. Joining him will Elliott (3rd lowest) and Ace (2nd lowest).

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-06-06, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
I think the voting has been pretty good with placing the worst performers each week in the bottom 3. So I really think the song choice & performance will be the indicator next week.

But I do, however, think Chris, Taylor, Kellie and probably Kat will be safe no matter how bad they do with Queen. Chris, Taylor & Kellie have really strong fan bases who are not going to let them go easily.

It is going to be a fight between Ace, Bucky, Elliot & Paris. I think Paris will be the worst performance of these 4, but I think she'll be safe from bottom 3 by picking up some of Mandisa's votes.

So Ace, Bucky & Elliot in bottom and I think we may see Elliot leaving if Bucky's fans don't dial-til-it-hurts.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
I don't like to try to guess until I hear them. Even then it's a crapshoot. I'll go out on that limb though and say Chris or Taylor won't be in the bottom 3.

"if Bucky's fans don't dial-til-it-hurts"

I'm doing thumb exercises as we speak!

an arkie work of art

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Ace"
- is not going to be the one going this week. I think that his falsetto will help him out here.

Very hard to predict before we hear them sing, but I think that Elliott, Katherine and maybe Kelli (just the overconfident fan thing) will be the bottom three.

But, the four of us had a great time.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ace"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-06 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

Oh, PRE, come on!

Bucky? Trying to hit anything in the vicinity of Freddie Mercury's range? Not to mention Freddy's flawless enunciation?
You really think there's a snowball's chance in hell he won't be a trainwreck next week?

I can't imagine that Elliott could possibly do worse with Queen than Bucky. Bucky pretty stinks in his own genre. This will just be horrible, horrible. And I think people like me who actually vote on something other than looks (although, for the life of me, I don't get where anyone could find Bucky attractive--sorry, Glowie!) will be so bowled over by the real singers. Poor Bucky will be dead meat.

Plus, I guarantee Simon will be completely unmerciful to him. All the Brits I know (of a certain age ) consider Queen songs iconographic.

Of course, Kellie is in deep doo doo here, too. Think she'll pretend to not know what Moet is next week?

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ace"
Actually, you are absolutely right. I keep wondering how he is even IN this competition at this point (sorry glow) and his name totally escaped my attention.

Yes, this can - and should - be the end of the road for Bucky.

But, the four of us had a great time.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ace"
all do respect, dear geg, not everybody shares your tastes in music. Not everybody bases attractiveness solely on looks (though I do think he's beautiful). He's talented. I love his voice. I love his original stuff. I love his personality. I vote for him because of all of these things. To me, he's the total package. As is Chris. I've said it a billion times this season, I think real musicians are sexy.

I know you find this all very hard to believe because you seem to think your way is the right way, but I assure you not everybody always agrees with you. *gasp!* Bucky has fans whether or not you like him. *gasp!*

Even though I am not a fan of Kellie's I will not guess that she will suck singing a Queen song until I hear it. I? will not contrive an opinion of her performance until I actually hear it. But, of course, that's just me. *shrug*

an arkie work of art

04-06-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
20. "MSNBC's poll"
From MSNBC.com..

Ace doesn't appear top 3 in any group. Good or bad?

'Idol' winner

1. Chris Daughtry ( 56% )
2. Taylor Hicks ( 15% )
3. Katherine McPhee ( 14% )

'Idol' runnerup

1. Taylor Hicks ( 24% )
2. Katherine McPhee ( 23% )
3. Chris Daughtry ( 22% )

Third best

1. Taylor Hicks ( 22% )
2. Katherine McPhee ( 20% )
3. Kellie Pickler ( 17% )

Fourth best

1. Paris Bennett ( 18% )
2. Katherine McPhee ( 18% )
3. Kellie Pickler ( 17% )

Fifth best

1. Elliott Yamin ( 22% )
2. Paris Bennett ( 20% )
3. Kellie Pickler ( 14% )

Sixth best

1. Elliott Yamin ( 22% )
2. Paris Bennett ( 16% )
3. Kellie Pickler ( 15% )

Seventh best

1. Bucky Covington ( 19% )
2. Elliott Yamin ( 14% )
3. Paris Bennett ( 11% )

Eighth best

1. Bucky Covington ( 59% )
2. Paris Bennett ( 8% )
3. Elliott Yamin ( 6% )

Sig by Arkie!!

KentuckyCindy 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KentuckyCindy Click to send private message to KentuckyCindy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
>LAST EDITED ON 04-06-06
>AT 10:03 AM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 04-06-06
>AT 10:01 AM (EST)

>
>Next boot prediction time! Ok,
>some are shocked and some
>are not so shocked with
>Mandisa's boot...but she was not
>a favored boot candidate in
>last week's boot prediction thread
>because many people thought she
>would not have any problem
>singing country music.
> Unfortunately, her strengths were
>not showcased by her song
>choice.

KentuckyCindy Says:::I agree. I don't think the song was a good choice and Kenny Rogers should have told her so. I really didn't think he was a good idea for a coach either, but that's jmo on that.

>
>Ryan told us that next week
>is Queen song week.
>Who will this theme favor?
> Who will underwhelm the
>audience?
>
>Taylor, Kellie and Chris have such
>good fan support that I
>would be really surprised to
>any of them booted.

KentuckyCindy Says:::I truly don't believe that Kellie will get booted just yet next week. I also don't think she's going to go over well with ANY of Queen's music. But, I think whoever her fans are <I'm not one of them> will keep her in the running just because they like the 'I'm a dumb blonde who's getting by on my look's' thing she has going. Chris, I think he can do well with this. Queen <the old Queen> music was great. It's not the same without Freddie Mercury and never will be but I think Chris will be the best of the bunch next week. Ace, well, I dunno. He's always crooning and this time he's gonna have to show something different or he might be the next on the boot list imo.

>Katherine rose to the occasion this
>week with her performance--can she
>belt out a Queen tune
>as well?

KentuckyCindy Says:::I doubt it but miricles happen every day LOL.

>Ace and Bucky also proved resilient--will
>they be able to master
>a Queen tune well enough
>for the fans to support
>them next week?

I don't think either of them will pull this off. Queen was a one of kind band. One of kind music. It will take someone with a strong voice and presentation to pull of ANY of their songs IMHO.

>Paris is newly vulnerable-- and is
>she versatile enough?

Hum...I don't think so. I would guess that either she or Ace is next in the boot catagory. Next week will be one of the other imo and I haven't even seen the show yet LOL

>Elliot should be able to rebound
>with Queen but does he
>have a fan base?
>He certainly gets support from
>the judges.

I don't believe he can do much better than Ace, or Paris in this particular catagory Zazzy. This bands music is hard to play much less memic and I believe they're all going to have a hard time with this, but I think Chris may just come out the best of the bunch on this one. I don't know why I think that but he loves Rock and that is eliment and he's gonna be in that eliment next week. But, who knows..he could bomb just like the next person. Queen is a HARD act to follow and people tend to compare their version with the AI's versions.

>Last week I was able to
>nearly call the bottom three...
>
>
>"Ace, Paris, and Elliot are
>all ?? I think the boot
>will be one of these

I do too..I took Mandisa out of your post since she's gone as of last night. But, I think it will be one of those three up there. Or, it could possibly be Kellie and I keep my fingers crossed on that. The girl can't sing imo, period. Just another pretty face..

>However, I believed in Mandisa's fan
>base a bit too much
>and missed the boot:
> "Since Mandisa also has
>a strong fan base, I
>think she can survive country
>week.

It's too bad she didn't. If she had worn something different and sang a different song, I would say it would have Paris that would have been gone last night instead of her, or Elliott. It should have been Elliott imo.

Flex_appeal2000 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flex_appeal2000 Click to send private message to Flex_appeal2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
Taylor should be the next one to go!!!.He is without a doubt the most annoying and least talented of the group!! He tries too hard to be cute.His song selection has been really bad lately. His rendition of "John Denvers" "Country Road" was appauling.He sang off key and very boreing. Of all the songs to pick to sing.The only thing missing were bib overalls, a straw hat and a corn cob pipe when he was performing the other night.But dispite his lousy performance he's still around.

It was unfortunate that Mandisa got the boot.She will make it big while taylor will attempt to make it singing at the piano bar at your local Holiday Inn, in a town near by and Chris will eventually win it all. I can't wait to see what he does this week singing "Queen" This will really bring him to the top of the ladder.

TruGoodness 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-08-06, 03:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TruGoodness Click to send private message to TruGoodness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Who will follow Mandisa as the next boot?"
I actually can't beleive Bucky lasted this long. He's not that strong a singer.

I am sad mandisa got kicked out. Bad song choices several weeks in a row.

http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •