The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rudy Should Win 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-20-01, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudy%20Should%20Win Click to send private message to Rudy%20Should%20Win Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
I don't know if this means anything, but I have been playing fantasy survivor on yahoo for two season now and something strange happenned yesterday. At yahoo, you bet points on who is going to be voted off, and you pick what tribe will win the IC for an additional 5 points. All of a sudden, this week there isn't a slot to pick what tribe will win the IC. That has never happenned prior to the merger before. Maybe that is because they know the merger is this week...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler Gecko28 11-20-01 1
   RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler SurvivinDawg 11-20-01 2
       RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler Rudy Should Win 11-20-01 4
       RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler bgi 11-20-01 5
           RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler Canada Girl 11-20-01 6
 RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler red 11-20-01 3
 RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler zzz 11-20-01 7
   RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler MDSkinner 11-20-01 8
 RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler FesterFan1 11-20-01 9
   RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler FesterFan1 11-20-01 11
 I play the Yahoo game Bebo 11-20-01 10
   RE: I play the Yahoo game zzz 11-20-01 12
       RE: I play the Yahoo game wendyp 11-21-01 14
       RE: I play the Yahoo game katem 11-21-01 15
   The reason dabo 11-20-01 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Gecko28 6 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gecko28 Click to send private message to Gecko28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-01 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

Very interesting, I have played similar games on www over the last couple years myself, and you are correct, never seen that before. There could be something behind this. Although this may just mean they do not want to reveal anything to us about a possible merger, working with MB to keep us guessing, just a thought

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-20-01, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
Posted by someone with (as of this writing) ONE DAW posting... confirmed by someone with (as of this writing) FOUR DAW postings... a whopping total of FIVE, count them FIVE DAW postings....

Any reason why I feel skeptical?

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"Aw, HELL no!" -- Clarence Black, on seeing the egg laid the night before.

Rudy Should Win 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudy%20Should%20Win Click to send private message to Rudy%20Should%20Win Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
Be as skeptical as you want, but I doubt anyone at CBS would take the time to type in anything here... This was just the first thing I found on my own.

bgi 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bgi Click to send private message to bgi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
Just to let you know, I registered specifically to reply to this skeptical posting!

I've been reading (and enjoying) these boards for a long time, and have seen all of the "friend of a friend" and "Uncle Camera Man" type spoilers, and I don't think this falls into that category at all! The poster doesn't claim to know the big winner, or even who goes next, just a small but interesting fact.

I would guess that the poster is a lurker like I am who found out a bit of info and wanted to share it.

And by the way, I am also playing the Yahoo fantasy game, and I can confirm that there is no bonus question about which tribe wins immunity this week! {Not that you'll believe me with only one DAW }

bgi

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-20-01, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
I, for one, want to say thanks. An interesting potential spoiler can come from anywhere and still be fun to speculate about. Don't lose faith in these boards. Lots of us will keep enjoying those bits of info others dig up, no matter what their DAW level is!

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-20-01, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
Just to throw this out,

If I, given all the information I currently have about the merger, were designing such a Yahoo game, I would not give a vote for which team wins IC challenge as, in fact, I do not know whether such a thing will happen or not.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-20-01, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
I suspect that the reason for yahoo's position is that they are just following the script from the last game. In S2 they merged E7, so yahoo is just going along the same way it did in S2. They may not even be following the controversy. Do we have any reason to believe yahoo has any inside information? They probably designed the game from the beginning to assume an E7 merge, and no one has made a conscious decision to change the structure. The game on yahoo was probably programmed from the beginning to work in an E7 merge, and no one has bothered to change the programming.

I may be missing something, and I have not visited yahoo or played their game to see if my explanation makes any sense. But is seems like a reasonable explanation to me, especially when I have no reason to think CBS or MB would give yahoo inside information.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
I have also not been on Yahoo, but tend to agree with this point. I highly doubt that Yahoo has been given any inside information as to what is going to happen with the show, and even more likely if they were given any information it seems unlikely that it would be something that would give away a part of the show as this does. So, I am not am not personally putting a lot into this.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
Yet another possibility is that the game was set up in its entirety prior to the start of the show. Yahoo may have assumed, as most of us did, that the show would follow the same format as the previous 2 seasons. Therefore, they would have set it up thinking that this week the tribes would merge. And having no definitive information to contradict that as of yet, have yet to change it.

Just a thought.

Fester

"Let the rest of those fools critique those fancy French sushi restaurants."-Clarence, Nov. 15, 2001

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Possible Yahoo Merger Spoiler"
Oops, sorry guys. I guess I was beaten to the punch on that thought.

Fester

"Let the rest of those fools critique those fancy French sushi restaurants."-Clarence, Nov. 15, 2001

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I play the Yahoo game"
Here's how it goes...each week, you have 100 points, and you bet those points on who you think is going to get booted the next week. You can bet all 100 on one player or split it across multiple players.

In every week until now, there has been a five point bonus question where you pick the winner of the IC. This week, there's no bonus question.

I don't think they have any advance information on whether or not there will be a merge this time, so they just decided not to include a question. Our own blue man can attest that it's hard to run a game with uncertainty about the merge, so it wouldn't surprise me that Yahoo decided to avoid any hassles and just decided not to offer a 5-point bonus this round.

IMHO, there's no spoiler value to Yahoo's decision.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I play the Yahoo game"
Bebo--

Thank you--this information seems to put to rest any possibility of this being a spoiler. If they KNEW there was a merge, they would offer a bonus for which INDIVIDUAL won immunity. If they KNEW there was not a merge they would offer a bonus for which TRIBE won immunity (as I am led to believe they did for the first 6 episodes). By having no bonus questions, it seems to be an admission that they have NO idea what will happen--just like the rest of us.

Thank you very much Bebo for clarifying this information.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-21-01, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I play the Yahoo game"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-01 AT 12:01 PM (EST)

I am also on the Yahoo game. The way it worked last year is that you have 100 point to put on any number of survivors on who will be booted out that week. Then they have a bonus question of 5 points which tribe wins IC. Once the merge happened the question changed to 5 points to who wins the immunity challenge.

I do not think it is a spoiler, I think they just do not want to rewrite the game, as survivorblows was willing to do. I bet that they leave the bonus points off until they merge.

Newbies ~ do not take it personally, we all have opinions and they are not always the same. The different views is what helps the spoilers! We all welcome your opinions, just do not think we will always agree 100%.

edited for typos!

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-21-01, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I play the Yahoo game"
I agree with this thought. But if Yahoo would have been smart, they should have done what Survivor Deadpool did and make users also pick who would win individual immunity (in case there was a merge) and they would have only scored according to whether there was a merge or not.

But Yahoo has not clue I guess.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "The reason"
Good post, bebo, you are correct that there is no spoiler value in the Yahoo game (sorry, new posters, but welcome to Blows and stick around).

First, the Yahoo admins can update the game whenever they need to, they did not set the game entirely up in advance and allow it to just sit there unattended. The reason why there is no bonus question this week is because they don't know whether it would be a tribe or an individual winning immunity. Last season the bonus points were awarded for individuals from episode 7 onward.

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •