The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Potential Spoiler???? What do you think?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

electrizit 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail electrizit Click to send private message to electrizit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Potential Spoiler???? What do you think?"
I was reading the final chat with Silas and I came across one of his answers to a question. This could be a potential spoiler don't you think? Silas caught himself quick though....

wonderful: Who was your favorite on the show?
Silas Gaither: Definitely Big Tom! Big Tom is just…I don't know him all that well, but he seems like one of the coolest guys. Not to mention he wears Carhartt.

Please let me know what you think.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Nothing MC_Hampster 11-19-01 1
   RE: Nothing electrizit 11-19-01 2
       Not a problem! MC_Hampster 11-19-01 3
           RE: Not a problem! electrizit 11-19-01 4
               Lindsey trips again. Rose Red 11-19-01 5
                   RE: Lindsey trips again. MC_Hampster 11-19-01 6
 Silas/Lindsey chat wendyp 11-19-01 7
   RE: Silas/Lindsey chat zzz 11-19-01 8
       RE: Silas/Lindsey chat red 11-19-01 9
       RE: Silas/Lindsey chat wendyp 11-20-01 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Nothing"
This was already discussed last week. Some saw it as a sign of departure for Tom. Personally, I think it may have been planted to lay some suspense that Tom was going. He just happened to have been the guy the GXAer's voted for at the Tribal Counsel.

I think it was a plant.

-MC

11-19-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail electrizit Click to send private message to electrizit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nothing"
Thank you for responding. I didn't know that it had already been discussed!

11-19-01, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Not a problem!"
Not a problem, it wasn't a thread that seemed to make a lot of news.

Actually, your post had me going back and reading the final chats and I noticed that Jessie made a comment about Kim coming to her to create a woman's alliance. I'm wondering if this is a sign that Kim knows she's on the outside of the alliances.

Maybe this means she'll get closer to Frank and Theresa than we thought?

-MC

11-19-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Not a problem!"
Could be.....hmmmm, that would explain her being chummy with Theresa.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-19-01, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Lindsey trips again."
This info re:Mamakim is old. She was out. Now, since Le Twist-o-rama, she's in, and running things. She and Ethan are now a power couple. Tina and Colby all over again, for sure. But,yes, Kelly still likes and trusts Kim, and Kim did flash Kelly that "L".
Interesting quote though from Lindsey in EW today. Again talking and catching herself about " a merge, if there is a merge, if there's some sort of merge" or paraphrased stumbles to that effect. She said this, too, elsewhere. On line chats, even, I think. So there's SOMETHING coming up that she keep tripping up on.

11-19-01, 03:45 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Lindsey trips again."
>This info re:Mamakim is old. She was out. Now, since Le Twist-o-rama, she's in, and running
>things. She and Ethan are now a power couple. Tina and Colby all over again,
>for sure. But,yes, Kelly still likes and trusts Kim, and Kim did flash Kelly that "L"

Yeah, the information is old, but seemingly forgotten. I keep hearing people talking about Kim being a strong part of the alliance in Boran v1 and I don't think she was. Sure, she's back in the game, but I keep hearing people talk about how there's no chance of her allying with Frank and Teresa because it wouldn't be smart to. I was just pointing out the fact that if she feels that she's in trouble with her tribe, then she may want to look elsewhere.

However, the fact that is was HER who helped out Lex, Tom and Kelly makes it seem like she's still on the side of her original tribe.

And I also refuse to try to coorespond this version of Survivor with previous ones (re: Colby & Tina). Each game is difference, as evidenced by the two versions we've seen so far. Toss in a bunch of personalities and chance, and I think it becomes impossible to try to talk about previous versions in the context of this version, at least in the sense of matching people up. I remember seeing all sorts of comparisons of characters during S2 to S1 and it ended up not really holding up.

One more request Rose: I love your comments and analysis, but could you break up your paragraphs?

-MC

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-19-01, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Silas/Lindsey chat"
This may have been talked about else where. but did anyone else notice that both Silas and Lindsey said that they do not keep in touch with Lex??? Is this telling us that he is the winner? Lindsey says she does not know why, she guessed he just went back to his normal life.

Lex seems personable enough, you would think an email every so often. If you remember S2 Deb was the only one nobody kept in touch with.

Did anyone else mention not keeping in touch with Lex?

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-19-01, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Silas/Lindsey chat"
wendy--

I have seen this argument before and I do not understand it. Why would the winner be any less likely to keep in touch with the others than anyone else? Lex may seem personable (although actually we have not really heard that much from him--other than reports from others that he is "bossy"), but that does not mean that he likes to write e-mails or otherwise correspond with people that are not part of his day-to-day life. Lex went on S3 for his own reasons and meeting new people may not have been one of them. He has his life, it may be busy, and these people he met on a "game show" may not fit into this life.

If anything, I think this might suggest that he did NOT win because (1) Lindsey and Silas would not want to be seen as "giving" away the winner and getting sued by MB and (2) Lex may be bitter about not winning and wants nothing to do with anyone else. I doubt either of these is the case; I think it just means that Lex has not kept in touch with anyone. Why is that so hard to believe that this would be part of his personality and have nothing to do with how he did in the game?

red 140 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-01, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Silas/Lindsey chat"
I just want to mention that the people who are saying they don't speak to him - Lindsey and Silas - would not even know if he's the winner or not. I don't think this means anything other than the fact that Lex doesn't care to hang out with these people outside Africa.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-20-01, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Silas/Lindsey chat"
zzz

Your points are valid.

I was only meaning, guess I should have said it, that maybe these two were mad because of the switch. Had it not been for the switch they more then likely would still be in the game.

As for being sued . . . I think they took notes from the Deb and Diane. All they said was who they did or did not talk to. Diane's friend have been dropping like flies, if that is not grounds for a case then the I do not talk to Lex could not be.

It was a shot in the dark theory.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •