The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Ep. 7 preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-19-01, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Ep. 7 preview"
I was just reviewing the CBS preview for the Thanksgiving show, and I am fascinated with the following line:

Announcer: "...and one unlucky survivor will swallow their pride..."
Shot of Samburus with the treemail, Brandon reading the bottle: "...Goodbye...".

The announcer seems to be referring to who gets the boot, but it is a very vague reference that could be a clue about some new development (Someone makes an alliance with someone they didn't want to originally, therefore swallowing their pride? Someone has to do something they don't want to do? Someone is sent packing to the other tribe--another swap?)

And what is the significance of the word "Goodbye" in the treemail? (Time to leave your camp for a new merge site? Time to gather your things for a challenge that will result in the merge?)

Thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Ep. 7 preview alleyb 11-19-01 1
 The Swedish Switch? Rose Red 11-19-01 2
   preview about eating Smooth23 11-19-01 3
       RE: preview about eating lucindanl 11-19-01 4
 RE: CBS Ep. 7 preview Bungler 11-19-01 5
   The Message in the Bottle Rose Red 11-20-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-19-01, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Ep. 7 preview"
Additional thought...

Teresa is shown in the preview more than she was seen in all of Ep. 6. First she is seen in a shot with the elephants, and at the end of the preview she says "Frank, do you want any more mush?" Does this offset her lack of face-time in Ep. 6 to start preparing us for an Ep. 7 boot (as everyone seems to be ready to believe, given Carl's slip and Diane's list)?

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-19-01, 02:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "The Swedish Switch?"
Something very strange is up here.Maybe it's the Swedisn Switch, where one person is swapped with one other from the other team. Just for one episode, and then they go back. Maybe that's why Brandon is so upset and saying "Goodbye" because he's the one being sent to Boron. This abbreviated swap allows the swapped member to get all the dirt on the other team. But why would that make Brandon feel so sad? You'd think he'd like that role of spy or whatever? Or is it that he's being sent to where Frank and Teresa now are happily enconsed, and he's fearing the worst from them? Maybe the rule is that they have to send someone who hasn't been switched already. That would probably be Clarence from Boron, and that's why he's saying "It's big and it's nasty."
He says "Nasty" twice because it's SOMETHING, anyway, that's impacting on HIM.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-19-01, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "preview about eating"
I saw a short preview on saturday that said something like "what will the survivors have to eat to stay in the game this week?"... if that helps any

lucindanl 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lucindanl Click to send private message to lucindanl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: preview about eating"
Hence the "swallow" your pride? A gross-out challenge for Thanksgiving. How appropriate when we're all on the coach distended bellies!

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-01, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS Ep. 7 preview"
The "goodbye" that Brandon is reading in the treemail "message in a bottle" is a typical rhyming treemail poem. "Immunity Challenge is coming up, so you'll really have to try, And if you don't win this time, someone from your tribe will have to say goodbye."

I suck at writing poems, but that's the gist of where that "goodbye" stands in the treemail. Lex is also shown reading the message in the bottle.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "The Message in the Bottle"
Well, if that IS the message in the bottle, "someone from your tribe will have to say goodbye." That means that it's ICs as usual and there's no merge, and Brandon knows that with the Sambuboran majority, he's next on the bus to Loser Safari. That's why he looks so sad, the merge is his last chance, and it doesn't look like there's gonna be one. No tie-breaker this week because the S/Bs are an uneven number, and therefore can't tie. However, Diane didn't name him. But then she was only naming her FRIENDS. Maybe she didn't make friends with the prickly pear from Dallas?
However, Diane is the gutsy kind of gal who wouldn't have a problem with gayer than springtime Brandon. He may think he's going, but I think all signs point to Boranabooboo going to the TC on Thanksgiving.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •