The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lindsey lied about loyalty to Brandon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lindsey lied about loyalty to Brandon"
100% analysis, 0% spoiler - I feel violated that I allowed the cockles of my heart to be warmed by Lindsey's ethical epiphany on her way to TC in the last episode.

I now realize it was a load of bull.

Before the second and final vote, a teary-eyed Lindsey explained, "On the way here tonight, my dignity took over. I don't care if I am voted out tonight, because I didn't vote for a friend of mine . I am leaving with my pride."

Lindsey's Final Words:
"Well, what can I say? Tonight's vote was a surprise. I thought that they would vote for Brandon... I'm leaving with my pride. Brandon has been loyal to me, and so has Kim, and they're dear, dear friends to me, and I can't even believe I contemplated even once voting for Brandon. I leave tonight with my dignity and my pride. I played the game to the best of my ability and I'm happy about the way things turned out."

According to the above statements, she believed that Tom/Kelly/Lex were voting for Brandon based on an understanding with her that she also would vote for Brandon as an agreement for T/K/L not voting for her.

She believed this all the way to tribal council that night.

She also claims that she decided it would be unethical for her to vote for Brandon due to her "dignity".

Bull. She NEVER planned on voting for Brandon, her plan was smart and simple: convince T/K/L to vote for Brandon, she votes for Tom, Brandon hopefully beats Tom in triviathon, and the original Mall Rat plan is resurrected. Advantage Mall Rats, Brandon would understand that she did it for the good of them (brandon, kim and her).

When she saw that T/K/L did not vote for Brandon, she enacted plan deux: the faux change of heart and loyalty bull.

How do we know it was Bull?

The evidence: Say she is walking to TC and realized that she should not vote for Brandon and she wants to prevent Brandon from risking his neck, she would have told T/K/L that she would not be voting for Brandon on the walk to TC, but she didn't. She also could have made this announcement immediately prior to the FIRST voting, but she didn't, she made it AFTER the first voting, AFTER she saw that her first plan did not work.

There is no dignity here, she went to TC with the belief that T/K/L would vote for Brandon and by NOT announcing her decision TO them that she would not vote for Brandon, she was still risking Brandon's neck.

Gee, I wonder if Brandon reads these boards?...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lindsey lied about loyalty to B... dabo 11-19-01 1
 RE: Lindsey lied about loyalty to B... PepeLePew13 11-19-01 2
 RE: Lindsey lied about loyalty to B... Gecko28 11-19-01 3
 RE: Lindsey lied about loyalty to B... zzz 11-19-01 4
   RE: Lindsey lied about loyalty to B... red 11-19-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-01, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lindsey lied about loyalty to Brandon"
I agree, she tried to trick the former Boran into voting for Brandon (desperation strategy at best) even though she had no intention of voting for Brandon herself, then when it didn't work she made the best of it trying to leave with an air of grace. Fine, let her have her dignity, it doesn't cost you anything. On with the game!

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-01, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lindsey lied about loyalty to Brandon"
Lindsey just might have a future in politics!

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Gecko28 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gecko28 Click to send private message to Gecko28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lindsey lied about loyalty to Brandon"
I do not believe that Lindsey is this intelligent(see my reply on Lindsey Slips thread). I think it does make it look that way but she is far too stupid to think of a plan like this on her own. If this was a clever plan, it was probably thought of by Brandon, and not Lindsey.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-19-01, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lindsey lied about loyalty to Brandon"
I tend to agree with you that Lindsey probably never seriously considered voting for Brandon. It would have been pretty stupid to do so--she had no future as the fourth wheel with L/T/K. It is possible she was stupid enough to considered voting for Brandon, but I doubt even she is that stupid.

I do think, however, that Brandon reading these boards is irrelevant. Remember--he TRIED to get them to vote for him. That was the plan that he came up with. If Lindsey had been successful in getting them to vote for Brandon, he would have been happy because he wanted them to vote for him.

The problem with their strategy is that they tried it too late and in the wrong way. As soon as L/T/K got to camp, it should have been KimP going to them and pretending like she was on the outs with Lindsey and Brandon and that Brandon had prior votes. Then if they thought KimP was being desparate to save herself they might vote for KimP (which would have worked under their plan to get into a tie break contest with Tom) or if they believed KimP they would vote for Brandon (the primary plan).

Of course, they probably wouldn't have had the discipline to pull it off. The magic "L" from KimJ also would have sunk this plan. But, it probably would have been their best shot.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lindsey lied about loyalty to Brandon"
Not that any of this matters, but I think her conversation with KimP about whether they should vote for Brandon was legitimate.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •