The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did Lindsey slip?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

chuck 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-18-01, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chuck Click to send private message to chuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did Lindsey slip?"
Interesting tidbit from Lindsey's Q&A on Entertainment Weekly's website.

If the tribes hadn't been swapped, do you think you would have gone further?
Absolutely. At least I would have made it to any sort of merge, if there was one. We four were so tight, and we were picking off the old people one by one. Both Silas and I would have gone farther. It's a heartbreaker.

As if... People always talk like that. "If there was one". Perhaps she slipped a bit and lamely tried to cover it up?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did Lindsey slip? Rose Red 11-18-01 1
   How Ditzy Lindsey? dabo 11-19-01 2
       RE: How Ditzy Lindsey? Gecko28 11-19-01 3
 RE: Did Lindsey slip? Naked 11-19-01 4
   RE: Did Lindsey slip? Loree 11-19-01 5
       RE: Did Lindsey slip? Rose Red 11-19-01 6
           Don't make me cry wendyp 11-20-01 14
 RE: Did Lindsey slip? zzz 11-19-01 7
   RE: Did Lindsey slip? Rose Red 11-19-01 8
       RE: Did Lindsey slip? vulcan 11-19-01 9
       RE: Did Lindsey slip? zzz 11-19-01 10
           RE: Did Lindsey slip? Mokele Membe 11-19-01 11
   RE: Did Lindsey slip? BigVic_72 11-20-01 15
 RE: Did Lindsey slip? Stairway2Dayton 11-19-01 12
   "Don't make me cry!" Rose Red 11-20-01 13
       RE: "Don't make me cry!" TODDLJ 11-20-01 16
           RE: "Don't make me cry!" NorthOfBoston 11-21-01 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-18-01, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
BINGO! I'll say she slipped! Lindsey, the original dumb blonde stikes again! "Any kind of a merge, if there was one!" Well, isn't that all we need to know? There is no merge. The Futurizmo spoiler may be right.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-01, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "How Ditzy Lindsey?"
Okay, hold it. All of the players are under secrecy agreements which if they violate them could mean owing Burnett et al. more money then they could have won had they won Survivor; add to that the fact that Lindsey does know that, whatever the reason may be, Burnett is making a question of it whether there will be a merge in episode 7.

An audio of this statement would be most helpful; what I mean is this: Having mentioned the merge did Lindsey then simply continue with the statement, perhaps with a slight pause, in the realization that even mentioning the merge at this time might be something she would later regret?

That said, I do find the words "any kind of merge" quite interesting. How many different kinds of merges, particularly after the 3-3 switch, could there be?

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Gecko28 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gecko28 Click to send private message to Gecko28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How Ditzy Lindsey?"
One of two things here, she is either really stupid, or she is much more intelligent than what any of us give her credit for. I am leaning more towards the first, and that she realized what she had done and tried to cover it up. I feel sorry for all you blondes out there, this one here fits the stereotype, and makes the rest of you look bad

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-19-01, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
Taken at face value, this could be a clue that there is not a merge this week as normal. Lindsey would not have had any more information of the game except for communication with the E7 Bootee. (this weeks) If she does not know if there was a merge or not, then there would be no merge this week. She would not have had any communication with the Jury which are people voted off in E8 and above....
Naked

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-01, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
I wonder if Lindsey even knows what kind of merge takes place? MB might have been very careful to keep information from the pre-jury players. I know Jessie has said she has no idea who won or got near the end. MB may have told everyone who makes the jury to not tell the others what type of merge there is. And they may have only known who some of the people who are kicked out early are, but not the reasons behind the bootings or the order. The jury is kept separate and there is no reason for pre-jury players to know the details of the rest of the game. It would also make it easier for MB to control what they say if they don't know anything about the second half of the game.

11-19-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
>I wonder if Lindsey even knows
>what kind of merge takes
>place? MB might have
>been very careful to keep
>information from the pre-jury players.
> I know Jessie has
>said she has no idea
>who won or got near
>the end. MB may
>have told everyone who makes
>the jury to not tell
>the others what type of
>merge there is. And
>they may have only known
>who some of the people
>who are kicked out early
>are, but not the reasons
>behind the bootings or the
>order. The jury is
>kept separate and there is
>no reason for pre-jury players
>to know the details of
>the rest of the game.
> It would also make
>it easier for MB to
>control what they say if
>they don't know anything about
>the second half of the
>game.

But what they do know is WHO isn't on the jury, and how many bootees there are. These Lindsey interviews are full of spoilers. Check out her Howard Stern one, too. I think she makes the same "merge, if there is some sort of merge " mistake AGAIN. Howard the Duck also asks her if she knows who won and she says "Don't make me cry!" Could that be someone she REALLY dislikes? Like, who, Frank? Or Kelly? It wouldn't be anyone she liked, like Brandon or Kim Pee. Or even Tom. She didn't know Mamakim or Ethan. Hmmm...
Keep checking Lindsey's interviews for more forthcoming spoilers, I betcha, I betcha.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-20-01, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Don't make me cry"
I saw the "do not make me cry" comment on the transcripts, and I took it as Lindsey trying to be funny with Howard. Since Howard had already asked her about crying alot on the show. I did not hear it so I do not know the tone in her voice.

If (BIG IF) it was a clue I would say it meant someone in her original tribe. Since the twist kicked her out. It could be Kim or Brandon or Frank. If I would lean more towards Frank or Kim. Frank she would be upset crying because they planned to get rid of him and Kim happy crying because someone in her alliance made it.

But I do not think this was a hint. Just Lindsey trying to use her 15 minutes of fame.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-19-01, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
>At least I would have
>made it to any sort
>of merge, if there was
>one.

I think people are making more of this quote than they should. Lindsey is watching the same show we are and knows that the timing of the merge is in question. Without actually hearing the interview, it is impossible to get a sense of whether the "if there was one" part seemed like a cover or not. Either way, it seems to me that if this is an indication of anything, it is that there is a merge "of some kind" and it comes soon. If Lindsey is sure she would have made any "sort" of mere, it would suggest the merge occurs when no tribe has less than 4 (otherwise the GXA might have had to go after one of their own and Lindsey would know she might be at risk then).

I think this quote can be taken as support that the merge happens in E8 rather than E7. Just as likely, however, it is that Lindsey knows the merge is in question and was just answering accordingly. It is interesting that people read so many different things in the same little sentence. Without more information, it is just too difficult to treat this as tending to mean anything in particular because it can reasonably be read to mean opposite things.

11-19-01, 03:16 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
She also, in a confessional, on the last episode,said that the merge was occuring in a certain number of days. I can't remember how many, but someone who can add and subtract(I'm dyslexic, so I'm staying away from numbers on this board from now on)said that the merge occurs when there are SEVEN contestants left. This fits in with Lindsey's wishing that she could last for a certain number of days more. Seven survivors would make a jury of five plus the final two.
It would also mean more people than ever in Camp Loser, which explains why Diane's list also included Clarence, as well as Teresa.
Check out the Howard Stern interview Lindsey did, zzz. And let us know what you think. It's on Survivornews.net.
And BON JOUR to all the Canadian posters on this board! No wonder everybody writes so well! And uses that extra "u" like in Colour!

vulcan 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-19-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vulcan Click to send private message to vulcan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
to all of u who say that clarence was on the friend list read the transcript again she says she keeps in cotact with EVERYONE INCLUDING clarence nothing about clarence being one of her good friends

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-19-01, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
Rose--

I think you make 2 different points--1 relates to Lindsey saying something in a confessional that leads you to believe that the merge will be in E9 (with pesumably a jury of 5) and 2 relates to Lindsey's visit to Howard Stern. I will address them both.

1--From what I have seen, there is no way that Lindsey could have known when the merge would take place at the time of her confessional. We saw what Jeff P said to Boran and their reaction about assumptions relating to the merge. They have NO idea when the merge will occur. We also have Tom's quote coming in next episode about "waiting for a bus" which means he only knows the timing of the merge is in doubt but has NO idea when it is coming. If he knew exactly when the merge would be coming, it would NOT be like waiting for a bus. So while we did not see it, I think we can safely assume from the evidence we have that Samburu got the same warning about making assumptions about the merge (either at RC or TC) but were not told when the merge would be. The whole point was to keep them guessing until the last minute when the merge would take place. There is very little chance they were told the date of the delayed merge. Thus, if Lindsey could not have known at the time of her confessional when the merge would take place, there is no way that anything she would have said in a confessional could be spoiler material for determining when the merge will take place. I have seen NO evidence (and like you I also read suvivorsucks as well as this board) that leads me to believe the merge happens in E9 or E10 and the jury is reduced to 5. I am not saying it does not happen. I am just saying that I have seen no evidence to that effect yet--just some evidence the merge does not happen in E7 (although it could be announced at IC and thus it still may happen in E7).

2--I read a number of different discussions about Lindsey on Howard Stern. I really did not find any useful spoiler info that I can recall. Let me know if there is something in particular from the show you think was spoilerish.

Mokele Membe 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mokele%20Membe Click to send private message to Mokele%20Membe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
Don't you think that MB coaches, or has someone coach, the bootees before their interviews? I do, I think he gives them little pieces of dis-information to drop. That way they don't have to think on their feet if they're thrown a curve by an interviewer. He's a control freak, this would be right up his alley!

BigVic_72 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-20-01, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BigVic_72 Click to send private message to BigVic_72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
I would tend to agree with the statement that Lindz is now watching the game like the rest of us. If anything, I think what can be taken from this 'spoiler/slip' is that T-bird is not booted by a merged tribe. For if she was she probably would have clued her safari buddies in on the merge and it's makeup, and I don't really think Linds has any of this information as of this interview.

So, know we have two options, (if you think T-bird will be the boot of course, if you don't disregard)...
1. There is an early tribal IC/TC in E7 and a merge near the end of the episode. or...
2. There is no merge E7, but some type of merge coming in E8 as zzz suggested above.

I know 2 sounds much more likely than 1 but given the lack of challenge previews this week and the basic fact that EPM is tweaking the game I don't think 1 can be thrown out the window just yet. I really wouldn't know which of these two options would pan out, but based partly on Diane's friends and the voting we've seen along tribal lines I will say that some sort of merge will indeed happen after the T-bird boot. With at the very least notification of it to the contestants being seen in this Ep. post-TC.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Did Lindsey slip?"
I have to agree with those that think that Lindsey wouldn't even bring up the merge if she didn't believe that one was going to take place. She wouldn't have brought the merge up, she would have said something about making it to the final four, or something along those lines.

S2D

11-20-01, 01:18 AM (EST)
13. ""Don't make me cry!""
I guess that's the line that I thought was spoilerish, zzz. "Don't make me cry!" and while she could have said it facetiously(I only read it, didn't hear it on the air)I took it as sincere. Boy, is that broad dumb, though! Pardon me for stereotyping(as well as typing). I don't think you could coach this woman into getting a clue. She seemed honestly SHOCKED at the way people are reacting to her, just like Jerri was last year. But Jerri, though a ****h has a modium of brains.
Lindsey really is a case. She's totally guileless, and so emotional, and I thought "Don't make me cry!" when Howard asked her who the winner was, was a genuine reaction.(Pardon MY guilelessness, too.)In that, it revealed whomever were the final two, SHE HATES THEM!
Well, at least one of them. She doesn't even know Mamakim and Ethan. By the by, I was totally overwhelmed by your astuter than stute anaylis of the Confessions of Kelly, on the Insider. I think you totally laid out EXACTLY what's going to happen in S3.And, yes, they are showing us so much of Kelly that she CAN'T last. That's why they are showing us Deep Inside Kelly. Because she thinks she knows, but doesn't really.
"It's not what you see. It's what you don't see," said EPMB when talking about Tina the invisible woman on the First Episode of S2. And I totally fell for that.
I remember saying to my fellow Suvivor fanatic, "That soccer mom is so totally a loser. What's she doing here? She should be in a parking lot, in a station wagon, with the kids."
WAS I WRONG!
Actually, I think MB's presentation and unveiling of Tina's character was one of the things that made S2 such a hit. It's like Tolstoy. It's the great American novel - on video. You reveal character SLOWLY,SLOWLY not all at once.
Mitchell, whom, as you know, I met, said about Tina, "She was bitching and moaning, too"(referring to our conversation about Jerri- Editing or B****?)but they never showed it." There was a lot they didn't show you about her. Evidently she also had a wicked temper, when she lost it, but we never saw that.
So, how does this apply to S3? I think your Kelly Confessions said it all. Ethan/Lex/Tom/Mamakim have already made it to the top of the mountain. I loved your observations of "core alliances" vs. the lesser alliances. I'm sorry. It's late. I can't remember the right words. But you were so right, I thought.
The only problem I had with it was that if everything is so PREDICTABLE in November, who's going to keep watching til January.
We know all his tricks now. The invisible ones who are there but not there, like Tina. We know now that the more mysterious Ethan, Tom, Lex and Mamakim remain the more likely they are to make the final four.
However, applying that "Cloak of Invisiblity" rule right now TERESA WOULD WIN! Talk about the woman who wasn't there!
I have two theories about this, 1) Her strong, metallic Southern accent makes her sound to much like Tina. They don't want you to think of her as a Tina clone - BUT SHE IS! However, poor Teresa has had a safari-full of bad luck.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: "Don't make me cry!""
Wow you guys are hard on Linz. She actually seemed like a good sport to me on both Early Show and Letterman. She looked great, was well spoken, charming and funny.

Two points:

"Don't make me cry" did not refer to the winner, it referred to her not being on the jury to get an additional 15 minutes of fame. No spoiler here.

"If there was one" was just her making sure not to reveal any secrets. If she just said "make it to the merge" without saying "if there was one," we all would know for sure there was a merge, and she would have revealed the answer to the "will there be a merge" question that MB wants us all to be asking. "If there was one" was just her covering her butt to make sure MB didn't get mad at here. No spoiler here either.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-01, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: "Don't make me cry!""
I agree with Todd. The "Don't make me cry" was a reference to her not being around to be on the jury. Kind of ironic since in previous episode Insider clips she and Carl are gaffawing about how they are so glad they are not the first or second ones voted off the show. Who's laughing now! Actually, I have new found respect for Lindsey since seeing her on interviews after the boot. Keep your chin up, girl (we know you are reading this!)

On a side note, maybe MB has structured Insider clips as set-ups for dramatic ironies of this type. We should watch out for more survivors feeling "safe."

One last note: I don't think MB will follow the same "hidden" winner structure as last season. We didn't see Tina for the first 6 episodes hardly at all and then she won; maybe MB knows we are expecting the same upset and has turned the tables on us this season.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •