The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Merge Colour = Green?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-01, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Merge Colour = Green?"
I'm still on the fence on when the merge will take place -- either in ep.7 or in ep.8, but perhaps here's something to watch for in upcoming vidcaps/promos.

I found something interesting while at the Reebok factory outlet store in Niagara Falls yesterday. They have Survivor buffs for sale and they were in three colours. Boran gold, Samburu red and a forest-green one. I checked the CBS website (under 'Store') and they only list two colours there. I asked the Reebok clerk if they've had other colours beside these three and she said, "no that's all they've had."

My thought... is forest-green going to be the merge colour? I first thought this was because of the green in the Survivor: Africa logo but then again CBS doesn't have the colour advertised on their website. Is this an unintentional goof by Reebok that is giving away the merged tribe colour?

If (a big if) this is correct... then perhaps we need to go back to the vidcaps and promos to see if there are any green in it that might be in the background or blurred somewhere to obscure what it is -- OR watch for it in the next episode to give us a clue that it's coming up in ep.8.

Thoughts? Please feel free to debunk or support as you see fit.

Oh, and I did buy a red buff... even though I like Boran better.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Merge Colour = Green? ivoryElephant 11-18-01 1
   RE: Merge Colour = Green? Rose Red 11-18-01 2
       RE: Merge Colour = Green? PepeLePew13 11-19-01 5
           RE: Merge Colour = Green? Stairway2Dayton 11-19-01 8
           RE: Merge Colour = Green? Swami 11-19-01 9
 RE: Merge Colour = Green? dabo 11-19-01 3
 RE: Merge Colour = Green? I_AM_HE 11-19-01 4
 RE: Merge Colour = Green? Krautboy 11-19-01 6
 RE: Merge Colour = Green? CatM 11-19-01 7
   RE: Merge Colour = Green? PepeLePew13 11-19-01 11
 African Green Canada Girl 11-19-01 10
 RE: Merge Colour = Green? Psychdude 11-20-01 12
   RE: Merge Colour = Green? Lightmage81 11-20-01 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-18-01, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
Wow! it is hard to imagine they would mess up that bad, revealing the merger colors.

Are we giving Gufus to people who let spoilers slip
such as Carl slipping about T-bird and now the merged colors?

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-18-01, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
I think Carl's "slip" may very well be an MB plant. Carl is so full of himself at the moment, though. No wonder they booted him out first! Couldn't MB and CBS sue? This is just what they are NOT supposed to do. And having to sleep with him in such close quarters. Again, POOR Theresa.
I love love that you spelled "color" "Colour" you must be Canadian, or European-educated? I re-learned to spell it like that when I was lived in England and went to school there.

11-19-01, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"

>I love love that you spelled "color" "Colour" you must be
>Canadian, or European-educated?

We all spell it "colour" up here north of the border... I'm just up the highway from Niagara Falls. We're sadistic masochists as we like to add more work to our writing wrists or typing fingers by adding extra u's to many words... honour, colour, harbour, etc.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
Ah, but you save time writing/typing "holiday" instead of "vacation", plus the whole metric thing...

S2D, who spent many, many years just down the highway from Niagara Falls

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
Great spotting on the third buff colour, Pepe!

Swami, who was raised just up the road from Niagara Falls, and who goes both ways (spelling-wise, that is.)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-01, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
Good catch, Pepe! I have checked out what I could and have found no evidence of a green buff in any vid caps or promos, but this seems pretty solid evidence that at some point (when it may happen though is in doubt) there must be a merge and that the new tribal color will be green. There will be a merge. I have been saying all along that this must be the case even if it doesn't happen in episode 7.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-01, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
very interesting

of course, this could also be a third team color if there is no merge, so it doesn't really prove anything :/

i still have to believe there will be a merge, but the Lindsey slip makes me wonder

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-19-01, 04:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
Pepe: I think you are right.

Earlier this season, before the show even started there was quite a bit of discussion about tribe colors. The observation was made that in both S1 and S2, the background color for the Episode listing on the CBS websitew was the same as the merge color...for S3 the backgound color is a pale green, and green is the other dominant color in the logo besides Red and Gold/Yellow...

...so, it makes good sense that the merge color is green just as you suspect.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help us igf MB doesn't show us any vidcaps.

Krautboy

CatM 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CatM Click to send private message to CatM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
This was posted at Survivor-Central.com:

http://www.survivor-central.com/dcforum/DCForumID12/3.html

They claim the color will be a turqoise-green, the name Turkana. I think the logic is right on here...

Cat

11-19-01, 07:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
Nice find, CatM... that makes sense to me -- and definitely a better sounding name than, oh let's say, Barramundi.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-19-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "African Green"
This thread made me think of the typical "african" tri-colour clothing, hats, amulets, etc. The Survivor logo is the typical Rastafarian (sorry if that's spelled wrong!) colours, which may or may not give more strength to the theories we're thinking about here.

Psychdude 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-20-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Psychdude Click to send private message to Psychdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
>If (a big if) this is
>correct... then perhaps we need
>to go back to the
>vidcaps and promos to see
>if there are any green
>in it that might be
>in the background or blurred
>somewhere to obscure what it
>is -- OR watch for
>it in the next episode
>to give us a clue
>that it's coming up in
>ep.8.
>
>Thoughts? Please feel free to
>debunk or support as you
>see fit.

Hiya. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I wonder if I'm the only person to notice how they always spoil the third tribe color in the show? The clue is in the flags at the challenges. You can't always see them, depending on the editing, but most challenges feature triangular pennants with the words "Outlast", "Outplay", and "Outwit" on them. The three colors are the current tribe colors plus the third tribe's color -- in this case, a dark green.

You can confirm this by checking tapes of the challenges for the pennants (and confirm the spoilage by checking S2 and S1 tapes of challenges).

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-20-01, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Merge Colour = Green?"
I belief some time last season some of us here noticed that the colours (spelled with the "u" where I live) of the tribes (including the merge) could be found on the survivor logo.

I believe spoiler guessed that this seasons' colours would be red and black with the merge yellow.... (or sumthin like that..)

Well 2 of the colours have come true..though not in order..the only other colour on the logo is green...

I'm inclined to think that the merge colour is green...a lighter shade as suggested above to blend with the surroundings....

black is just impracticle in the hot weather...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •