The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brandon is not gone this week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-18-01, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brandon is not gone this week"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-01 AT 07:07 PM (EST)

First let me start out saying that all 8 of the original Samburu member are without a doubt the worst strategists on the planet, and thank GOD they are not running our country. IMO following close behind those 8 are the 50% of the people answering the polls this week that they would get rid of Brandon next. I realize those are really nothing more than popularity polls, but it would make for poor strategy. I do not believe Lex or Kelly are that stupid, however. I think the opening of the next episode will show more tears, and group hugs. With both Lex and Kelly trying to become Brandon's new best friend. We have already seen a hand on Brandon's shoulder at TC, and it was NOT Lindsey or KimP.

Why would either one want to align themselves with Brandon? He has already shown his willingness to give himself up for his friends. He has shown when he makes a commitment to a friend he sticks to it no matter what. Even after learning Lindsey had considered stabbing him in the back, he took her leaving harder than she did. That is someone at the very least I would want on my jury at the end. But the biggest factor Brandon has going for him right now, is that for anyone to make it to the finals they will have to stab a bunch of other people in the back along the way. The only person they can be in the finals with and be guaranteed a win over is Brandon. Lets face it they will not have 2 of the 3 ultimate survivors be gay men, especially this gay man. They will give it to the back stabber first. After all Brandon is no threat to ever win a physical IC, so they can always get rid of him with no problem at any point. If he ever were to win a physical IC, then he truly deserves every best actor/actress Emmy, Oscar, Golden Globe, and Tony, because he would have fooled us all.

This week I feel Ethan is going to make the mistake that costs him the game, when he votes off Teresa instead of Clarence. He would have a chance if he forms a very strong alliance with KimJ, Frank, and Teresa, but I think he will blow it. Lex will use the first opportunity given him to get rid of Ethan after the merge, then Clarence is not trusted enough that at the next opportunity to get rid of him he is gone. Then Lex is in the drivers seat, hoping to be able to drag Brandon with him to the final. Or at worst have Brandon sacrifice himself when called upon at a time of need. Then unless the final was with KimP he would at least have Brandon's vote. There may be later twists that come into play that aren't known now, but this is how I would be playing it right now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Brandon is not gone this week dabo 11-18-01 1
 I Agree- It would be Smart for Kell... Seyz 11-18-01 2
   Kim is far from loyal drich61 11-20-01 5
 RE: Brandon is not gone this week TwinkyDik 11-19-01 3
 RE: Brandon is not gone this week katem 11-19-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-01, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Brandon is not gone this week"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-01 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

First, I sincerely doubt that anyone's sexual preference is actually a factor in the game, Brandon being gay should neither hurt nor help his chances. Second, I believe you are correct about loyalty being a deciding factor about who should and should not make the jury, therefore should the merge take place in E7 Kelly, Lex and Tom would be likely to campaign to retain Brandon and Kim P. in order to boot either Frank or Teresa who handed Silas' head up on a platter in E5.

As to Old Samburus being lousy strategists in the initial game, absolutely I am with you there, it was the worst organized tribe imaginable, no concept of team that you really can point out. They might have been better off had they gone to TC in E1 or E2, but there's no way of knowing that.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-18-01, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I Agree- It would be Smart for Kelly and Lex to start clamoring for Brandon"
I totally agree with you. The most outstanding characteristic that Brandon has shown so far.. is loyalty (He's almost too loyal). KimP has also proven that loyalty is extremely important to her. They are perhaps the first 2 people on Survivor.. to show such open loyalty.
So if I were Kelly and Lex.. I would totally start sucking up to them. I think at this point.. they both want Kim and Brandon to be on the jury. Kelly, for one probably knows that if she can get Kim and Brandon to be her friends.. they'll stick w/ her no matter what. It's like Brandon and Kim are free votes for grabs right now w/ almost 0% risk of them betraying anyone. It's not finders keepers.
So perhaps Lindsey leaving last episode wasn't such a bad think after all.. if it showed to Lex and Kelly how loyal Kim and Brandon are. Because of this, it's a lot more likely that after the merge Kelly and Lex will want Frank and THeresa gone first.
But then.. Ethan and MamaKim will want Kim and Brandon to go first because they want Frank and Theresa to be on the jury.
Will this be the ultimate conflict that splits the Borans?
More importantly, Kelly and Lex might get the feeling that Kim and Brandon are more trustworthy than MamaKim, Tom, Ethan and definitely Clarence, any of who are capable of backstabbing.

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-20-01, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Kim is far from loyal"
Please do not put Kim anywhere near the same loyalty catagory as Brandon. She not only thought about stabbing her team in the back, she did it. First off after the swap her team asked her to act a little bitchy towards the new group so they would not only hate Lindsey. Did she do this little thing for her team? NO!! But worse than that, this past week when Lindsey talked to her about voting for Brandon she did not say no. She even went over to the others with Lindsey when she talked to them about it. She said nothing herself, but she was there. Only after Lindsey had gone to the others and exposed herself as unreliable did Kim give her I can't do that to Brandon speach. To little too late at that point, Brandon and Lindsey had already wrapped up all the votes for themselves leaving her vote free at that point.

On my other point, Brandon is not the only one near the bottom of the popularity scale. Clarence is there as well, but he would need to win every IC in order to make the finals. Brandon can get there because he is no threat to anyone, he's just unpopular and someone any of the others could beat in the final. His being gay is not the only factor, but I still feel it is one that is against him in this game.

Don

TwinkyDik 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 05:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TwinkyDik Click to send private message to TwinkyDik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Brandon is not gone this week"
Personally I think Ethan is going as the Ethan-Lex-Tom alliance is dangerous to everyone else in the game.
Boran has beaten Samburu. Brandon and Kim P are votes up for grabs and Frank and Teresa have already made their beds with the new Boran. Any loyalty between Kim J and the LTE alliance is fanciful at best. Clarence is there for the using and Ethan is nothing but a threat to a Kim J-Frank-Teresa alliance. If Brandon goes soon it will be because Lex, Tom and Kelly didn't want to ditch Kim P just yet.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-19-01, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Brandon is not gone this week"
The only
>person they can be in
>the finals with and be
>guaranteed a win over is
>Brandon. Lets face it
>they will not have 2
>of the 3 ultimate survivors
>be gay men, especially this
>gay man. They will
>give it to the back
>stabber first.

What on Earth are you talking about? Get these silly ideas out of your head.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •