The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"what does this mean..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

taginite 222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-17-01, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taginite Click to send private message to taginite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"what does this mean..."
i distinctly remember seeing jeffy with his big ole goofy drugged-out grin, on some pre season talk show (??.

he mentioning that the teams would NOT merge this season...

uh, so like...what does this mean..

http://www.futurizmo.com/cgi-bin/content/News/Stories/2001/10/07/10025274407.shtml

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 AN AWESOME SPOILER, IF TRUE. Rose Red 11-17-01 1
 RE: what does this mean... dabo 11-17-01 2
   RE: what does this mean... Rose Red 11-17-01 3
       RE: what does this mean... Serendipity 11-17-01 4
           3 teams 1 camp Naked 11-18-01 5
               RE: 3 teams 1 camp Rose Red 11-18-01 6
                   RE: 3 teams 1 camp zzz 11-18-01 7
   RE: what does this mean... taginite 11-18-01 14
       RE: what does this mean... dabo 11-18-01 15
 RE: what does this mean... dabo 11-18-01 8
   RE: what does this mean... Swami 11-18-01 13
   RE: what does this mean... PepeLePew13 11-19-01 16
       RE: what does this mean... dabo 11-19-01 17
           RE: what does this mean... PepeLePew13 11-19-01 19
 RE: what does this mean... Loree 11-18-01 9
   It's three tribes in one camp. Rose Red 11-18-01 10
 RE: what does this mean... PepeLePew13 11-18-01 11
   RE: what does this mean... Rose Red 11-18-01 12
       RE: what does this mean... PepeLePew13 11-19-01 18
           RE: what does this mean... Naked 11-19-01 20
               RE: what does this mean... Rose Red 11-19-01 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-17-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "AN AWESOME SPOILER, IF TRUE."
Check this out, fellow sleuths. Is this an awesome spoiler or WHAT is it? I mean, if they get split up AGAIN!?! My mind is spinning. Of course, some people may end up with some people they're allied with, but...
Perhaps this is why there are NO pictures of any challenges whatsoever in the vidcaps? Because everybody gets switched AGAIN!?! Wouldn't that be a cliffhanger ending before the recrap?
No merge in sight and then three tribes of three! So all the rules of the game as we've played it to this point are busted.
Could this be REALLY exciting, or just turn into into another game show - with starvation as an ingredient?
Has any one noticed those three zebras swimming upstream in the opening credits? I thought that meant something!
And how are they going to do this this time? Draw straws? Spin the bottle? But well, first they have to get the tribes down to nine to do this, so there is one more "regular" RC, IC, TC. Then all hell breaks lose when he makes this announcement. Then the recrap episode and then A WHOLE NEW GAME with NEW TEAMS, and presumably NEW rules.
My mind is boggling....
What do all you spoiling experts out there think?
This sounds and looks legit to me.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-01, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: what does this mean..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-01 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

Well, considering that futurizmo (who showed up from nowhere last August claiming to have a great Survivor spoiling record) was wrong about TC in a big tree, when the cast announcement would be, and a bunch of other stuff, and are regarded everywhere as an unreliable source, by some even as a group of prankster/hoaxers, it would be incredibly neat if they got one right for a change. These are the people who first promoted the three teams rumor, episode 8 (nine players remaining) would be the last chance for that to happen. If anyone want to believe this or buy into it, go ahead, but take into account the facts regarding this source.

Edited to ask tagi if possibly he is remembering Jeff Varner on Big Brother 2 (I didn't see much of it but I understand there was a lot more presented online anyway)?

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

11-17-01, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: what does this mean..."
Thanx, dabo, for the clarification. I had no idea of the history of this "source". However...hmmmm...I don't know whether I hope this is right or not. Talk about being thrown into a cocked hat...

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-17-01, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: what does this mean..."
Three teams of 3 each would be non-functioning. Two people have to stand watch each night on each shift - meaning one person would have to work double shifts and the other two getting interupted sleep. They would all be napping most of the day and chores wouldn't be getting done. Plus tired people equals careless people and more chance of them getting hurt.

Three teams at this point makes no sense at all.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-18-01, 03:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "3 teams 1 camp"
Three teams in one camp would work. They would have to work together for survival, but compete as teams. I don't think that this will happen, but it is possible.
Naked

11-18-01, 03:33 AM (EST)
6. "RE: 3 teams 1 camp"
I think JP said this in a CBS preview of S3, and showed the huts, where he said something to the effect,"Three teams living together in one camp." Watch out! This could be big! And how are the going to do this fairly? Draw straws? Play for who they want to be with? Is this the "Big and Nasty?" Clarence looked so upset about? This would end the indivual IC, and they would be playing for a tribal IC. This could go on for three weeks until theres a final six.
But with them all living together as one that leaves it open to A LOT OF PLOTTING AND SCHEMING, which is precisely what MB wants. He never liked the alliances and has always wanted to bust them up. This three-tribes-of-three would REALLY do that, but would anybody continue to watch? It's starting to look and sound like "Let's Make A Deal" with much less clothing.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-18-01, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 3 teams 1 camp"
>I think JP said this in
>a CBS preview of S3,
>and showed the huts, where
>he said something to the
>effect,"Three teams living together in
>one camp."

No--Jeff P never said this. This was said by Jeff V when he was visiting BB2 over the summer. Apparently he admitted that he had just heard these things in Internet rumors and had no inside information. Sean as well admitted the same thing about these rumors that he spread. We also know the huts at TC have equipment in them (extra cameras for the most part). I do not believe it could be converted into a camp.

If you do a search of this site, you will find all of this information on prior posts. I don't have the patience to do it, but I am certain that I am remembering this correctly because it was covered extensively the week before the "twist."

Logistically, it would be very difficult to do three tribes of three because after 2 ICs, one tribe could be down to 1 person. Unless we get more spoiler info suggesting this route as a possibility, I mark it as wild speculation.

taginite 222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-18-01, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taginite Click to send private message to taginite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: what does this mean..."
>>Edited to ask tagi if possibly he is remembering Jeff Varner on Big Brother 2 <<

dabo..
i wood never EVER believe anythang that jeff varner *mr. peanut butter dude* had to say about anything... ever ever never...
coupled with the unbelievable BB2 fiasco....... KNOWAY.. yucky-yuckarocious.. woowoowoooo... patootie.... barfarola..

butt....

now i remember the show... Oprah 8-27-01.... of course that was a monday... so i coulda been drunk.... and i am still a bit confused as to everything from this whole past summer.

the show i was thinking about was when:

mr. probst appeared on ms. winfrey's show on august 27, 2001... "Cool Jobs".

while it does not mention anything about the merge, here is a fun 10-minute clip about S2 and S3..

(click on "Watch After the Show").

http://www.oprah.oxygen.com/tows/pastshows/tows_past_20010510.jhtml

11-18-01, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: what does this mean..."
Thanks, tagi. I couldn't recall Probst, Burnett or anyone with CBS ever saying anything beyond a "no comment" about anything specific we might see this season.

I flipped back and forth between that ep of BB2 and the first ep of Lost, neither seemed very watchable to me (though it was a kick seeing Sue Hawk in action again).

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

11-18-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: what does this mean..."
In S2 E9 the remaining 8 competed as 4 teams of 2 for Reward. If there is any truth to the three teams thing it could be a one-time teaming of 3 3s for Reward in S3 E8. If anyone has any insights as to the possibility of this scenario it should be explored as it would indicate that merge does indeed occur in E7 (or early in E8 at latest).

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-01, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: what does this mean..."
>a one-time teaming
>of 3 3s for Reward
>in S3 E8. >

This is a good idea, dabo! It puts the 3 tribe rumor into a different focus, one that is very consistent with an established precedent in S2. As I recall, in S2 they drew names or something to link with their partner. An RC with a random link-up of 3 3s would keep the players off balance (as MB likes), and provide for a different entertaining team competition (which we mostly agree is more interesting than individual RC competition).

Swami

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-01, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: what does this mean..."
I like this idea, dabo... there IS a precedence for this type of thing as you alluded to from ep.9 in S2, so who's to say that it couldn't happen again in ep.8 this time around? The merge can take place in either ep.7 or early ep.8 to make this scenario work.

The only trouble would be to figure out how to fairly distribute the players into 3's -- if you leave it up to the luck of the draw, you could end up with one team of Clarence, Ethan and Kim P. competing against another team with a drunken flamingo (Brandi), a dinosaur (Kim J.) and Big Tom, for example. IMO, a 3-3-3 competition would really have to be a mental one for it to be fair. Of course, the word 'fair' isn't in MB's glossary.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

11-19-01, 00:46 AM (EST)
17. "RE: what does this mean..."
In S2 it was up to the players how to decide. Late-rising Jerri picked Colby and that caused a ruckus so they decided to draw lots and Jerri got Colby anyway. Jerri and Colby won the trip to the Great Barrier Reef, but Colby beat up Jerri on the obstacle course and we all got a kick out of seeing that.

11-19-01, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: what does this mean..."
Hmm... we DID see a flashback of Jerri getting tossed around like a rag doll by Colby on the preview for ep.5 ... could that be foreshadowing there would be a similar type of deal with the 3-3-3 competition?

Still one of the all-time great Survivor moments in my mind.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: what does this mean..."
I don't know, but I have just never believed the 3 tribe theory. I could see the series in the future starting out with 3 tribes if they had 15 or 18 players to start. And then merging into one for the jury. But going from 2 tribes up to 3 tribes now when they have less players does not make alot of sense to me. I do think they could have more RC in the future where they compete in teams of 2 or 3. MB seems to like it when 2 people go off together to eat a reward while the others sit behind and pout and scheme.

11-18-01, 04:45 PM (EST)
10. "It's three tribes in one camp."
It looks to be three tribes living as one, so that solves all the water, food, and animal sentry probs.

11-18-01, 05:44 PM (EST)
11. "RE: what does this mean..."
Interesting, too, that this 'news' was posted with a date of October 7th... before the first episode of Survivor. If this has been 'confirmed' then how come other sites haven't picked up on this to date or been able to confirm anything further?

11-18-01, 05:50 PM (EST)
12. "RE: what does this mean..."
Peppy,
It's all over Survivorsucks, too.

11-19-01, 00:49 AM (EST)
18. "RE: what does this mean..."
Survivorsucks... now there's a reliable source!

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-19-01, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: what does this mean..."
I just surfed the futurizmo sight, and it looks like a big joke. I don't think that I'll be using this as a reliable source of spoiling. We should be doing some legitimate spoiling here like
STOCKING THE CONTESTANTS !!!! Just joking... Please don't do this and then blame me.

11-19-01, 01:50 AM (EST)
21. "RE: what does this mean..."
We should be doing
>some legitimate spoiling here like
>
>STOCKING THE CONTESTANTS !!!!
You mean, like Stocking Up on the Contestants, like for Christmas?
I think you mean "stalking". And why not? They put themselves up there. They want to be stars. They're asking for it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •