The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cheating?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-19-02, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cheating?"
So ahs anyone else been wondering what the deal was with Zach/Flo and the bowl boats. Didn't they completely and utter cheat by getting someone else to ROW for them? I know that the other teams got people to help balance the bikes, but F/Z just sat there.

Seems to me there was another potential cheat somewhere in the final ep too...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cheating? dajaki 12-19-02 1
   RE: Cheating? Cole 12-19-02 2
       RE: Cheating? casual labor 12-19-02 3
 RE: Cheating? Yes wildchickenhunter 12-19-02 4
   RE: Cheating? Yes managerr 12-19-02 5
       RE: Cheating? Yes wildchickenhunter 12-19-02 8
           RE: Cheating? Yes managerr 12-19-02 9
 RE: Cheating? L82LIFE 12-19-02 6
   RE: Cheating? Schnookie Palookie 12-19-02 10
 RE: Cheating? Strider 12-19-02 7
 RE: Cheating? cmaybur 12-19-02 11
 RE: Cheating? moonbaby 12-19-02 12
 Yes Indeed Cheating...with CBS Appr... jgeorge711 12-19-02 13
   RE: Yes Indeed Cheating...with CBS ... JeffHo 12-20-02 14
       RE: Yes Indeed Cheating...with CBS ... DEVILRAYS 01-14-03 16
 RE: Cheating? martini man 01-05-03 15
 RE: Cheating? magellanscross 02-17-03 17
   Impact on Future Clues trigirl 02-24-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-19-02, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cheating?"
I'll need to go back and hear the clue again. If it said "row" or "row yourself," then it seems that getting someone else to row for you was cheating and they should have been penalized. If the clue said "take a boat to the island," then having someone who had a clue what they were doing should have been permissible. However, I think we can all agree that Mr. Screech was penalized enough by the incessant whining of Ms. Screech.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-19-02, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cheating?"
I thought Phil said something like "teams have to figure out to get to this island using these boats". I don't think they did anything wrong. If we're going to be picky then Teri should have been penalized for not riding her bike, when it said "teams must ride these bikes". She walked the entire way and kids helped her hold it up. If there had been any penalties to be doled out I'm sure they would have received them at the start of the final leg from Vietnam to Hawaii.

casual labor 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-19-02, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail casual%20labor Click to send private message to casual%20labor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cheating?"
I thought it was cheating too. Did you notice all those people waiting in the background when Zak and his "excess baggage" went back to the water. Word got out that money was to be had from these feeble people who couldn't do what they were supposed to do on their own.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-02, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cheating? Yes"
Actually it was cheating, but the producers figured that they would have to tell Flo on camera and that would just produce another major whine session....Therefore penalizing the audience.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-19-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cheating? Yes"
and Teri/Ian/Gerard getting help from the locals from pushing the bicycle down the hill wasn't cheating? The clue did not say they had to row themselves down to the shore. Just that they had to "figure out" how to get there. Imho, it's the spirit of TAR since all of these teams (and Flo/Zach) relied on and used the local culture to help them complete the task.

If anything, the way that each team completed the detour might have revolutionized the game. Now A.)Other teams will do this more often. or B.)CBS will make the instructions more clear.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cheating? Yes"
Who said anything about T/I?
Remeber when analysing the situation you have to remember the FWF (Flo Whine Factor). Without it no conclusion can be drawn!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-19-02, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Cheating? Yes"
Did you even read the thread? The question asked if Flo/Zach were cheating. Naturally, you have to make the logical assumption if F/Z were cheating, so were the other teams who got help during the detour as well. Duh!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-19-02, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cheating?"
I kind of wondered about that too, CG. I guess it didn't matter, since they did get the money. Personally, I was quite enjoying watching Flo try to row that boat. And her with the bike? LMAO!!

L82life

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-02, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cheating?"
DH & I were cracking up and when they decided to try the bikes, I said "oh wait until she sees the bikes". LMAO at her expression upon seeing them with all those baskets. Priceless moment hehehehe!

Happy Holidays

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-19-02, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cheating?"
I don't think there was a problem, for three reasons:

1. The clue didn't specify that they had to accomplish the task themselves.

2. Everybody received help, so if there was cheating, everyone did it equally.

3. Even if Zach and Flo had taken two hours to finish the detour, all the teams still would have ended up even at an airport somewhere. Thus, the cheating had no consequences.

Strider

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-19-02, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Cheating?"
Zach confirmed at the finale party last night that he and Flo did receive a time penalty. They ended up staying at the pit stop for almost another hour beyond the standard 12 hour rest period.

Chris

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-02, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Cheating?"
In the next TAR (assuming there is one)asking directions should be the only help allowed.

jgeorge711 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-19-02, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jgeorge711 Click to send private message to jgeorge711 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Yes Indeed Cheating...with CBS Approval"
Hell yes, it was cheating. In all the 3 seasons, when/where was anyone allowed to have some other local actually accomplish the entire task for them? Never.

The bikes were the same thing. Gerard and Ian actually rode the bike. Terri and Ken got help. Those teams should have been told that help was not acceptable. They would have then gone to the basket boats, and I am sure each of those teams would have made it to the island without help. Now, that leaves Zach/Flo with Flo whining complaining. A sure elimation from the race. But mother CBS wanted to make sure there were 3 teams in the finals. So, they look the other way and give a 1 hr penalty that is meaningless. Then Zach/Flo win. What a crock.

CBS sucks as much as Flo in allowing this to happen reminding us once again...forget reality...the network will pull the final strings to make a reality series "make believe".

JeffHo 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-20-02, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffHo Click to send private message to JeffHo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Yes Indeed Cheating...with CBS Approval"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-02 AT 02:25 AM (EST)

CBS isn't about to give Zach and Zach's partner a penalty that's more than an hour because then people would be complaining that their penalty was too long. Remember, the base penalty for breaking the rules is 30 minutes (to memory) plus about how long an advantage the cheating gained. Giving a penalty that was longer than that would have been trying to fix the game for Ken and G or Teri and Taskmaster to win.

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-14-03, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Yes Indeed Cheating...with CBS Approval"
If I understand the rules correctly, and I pretty much don't, then penalties are 30+ minutes for any infraction except outright skipping something, usually a Detour or Roadblock. So if Flo and Zach gained 8 minutes of time by having someone else row for them, then the penalty is 30 minutes plus the 8 minutes they picked up. (Heather and Eve were penalized in this fashion.) However, in AR1, Nancy and Emily had a choice between taking a private car or a public bus at a Detour, and like the crap-for-brains they made themselves appear to be, they took a taxi to the next route marker. The penalty for this was a 24-hour time penalty, thus eliminating them from the race. I don't know if CBS has since altered this rule...most likely not.

martini man 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-05-03, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail martini%20man Click to send private message to martini%20man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Cheating?"
The final 2 eps air in Australia tonight and tomorrow. Will wait with anticipation....... even though I already know the outcome.

What a gyp. First Helen doens't make the final 2 on Survivor, and then Whiney Girl & Sideshow Zack get $1mill bucks! THE HUMANITY!!!! but at least it wasn't Ian... feeling better now (ahhhh...).

magellanscross 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-17-03, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magellanscross Click to send private message to magellanscross Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Cheating?"
this is way too late a reply... the clue said that teams should "find a way" to cross the river using the basket boats, which therefore means that its the team's call on how to accomplish that and one way is to ask locals to row for them. however, on terri's part, there is only one way to ride a bike... pedal it. therefore i think terri and ian should have been penalized for that. hehehehe

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-24-03, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Impact on Future Clues"
I wonder if we'll see more specific wording on future clues. The producers are not going to want a show with lazy people have stuff done for them. If they don't watch the wording of clues, Flo could have just set a nasty precedent.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •