The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-01, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-01 AT 10:29 PM (EST)

on the preview up on CBS' Survivor site, the narrator says this phrase, followed by what sounds like an angry/upset Brandon saying "Goodbye"

i don't know what to make of it...some far-fetched options...
1) a tribe member is forced out (boot or another switch). i don't see this as likely at all. or a forceout by illness/injury could lead to 2 or 3 below
2) Tom is sick and forced to leave, swallowing his pride that he can make it, but why what seems to be antagonism in Brandi's voice?
3) maybe Brandon is the sick elephant man and must go?
4) Brandon takes the fall ala Rodger, and agrees to be voted out so that Kim stays in the game

none of these see likely to me, so

5) the swallowing pride has nothing to do with a boot/evacuation of a survivor, but in that case...
anyone else want to make a guess?

edit so that there's not 2 #4's :p

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: One unluky survivor swallows th... MikeD 11-19-01 1
   RE: One unluky survivor swallows th... Rose Red 11-20-01 2
       RE: One unluky survivor swallows th... anotherkim 11-20-01 3
       RE: One unluky survivor swallows th... MDSkinner 11-20-01 4
       RE: One unluky survivor swallows th... MC_Hampster 11-21-01 8
       RE: One unluky survivor swallows th... SurvivinDawg 11-21-01 9
 RE: One unluky survivor swallows th... TODDLJ 11-20-01 5
   RE: One unluky survivor swallows th... NorthOfBoston 11-20-01 6
 RE: One unluky survivor swallows th... Lightmage81 11-20-01 7
 Frank the Bowhunter...was unlucky! Krautboy 11-21-01 10
   Very Logical, KB... IceCat 11-21-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-19-01, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
this is probably Ethan forming a voting alliance with Clarence for the time being....

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-20-01, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
No, Ethan and Clarence are allied already. It's probably the redneck Frank, who as a NRA member(and I'm stereotyping as well as typing now) may be an extremely bigoted and prejudiced person.He certainly wasn't bonding like crazy with Brandon. And Clarence may be coming to HIM to form an alliance, something he'd NEVER do with an African-American under any other circumstances.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
WHOA! What on earth does being a member of the NRA have to do with being bigoted and prejudiced. You weren't joking when you said you were stereotyping.

What has Frank ever exhibited that would make you think that he was A) a redneck or B) a bigot???? I understand speculation, but your comments seem to be coming from somewhere out in left field.

Could it be that Brandon has to approach Frank and Teresa and ask them to ally with him? That would certainly require some pride swallowing.

Ethan and Clarence are not true allies. C. hates Ethan and Ethan isn't too fond of him, either.

Kim

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-20-01, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
You need to read sleeves indider post before commenting about Frank being biggoted and prejudiced, etc.. Clarence had a great many nice things to say on Frank's behalf, and I am feeling pretty confident that these remarks are unwarranted. I could be wrong, and he may very well be, but just because someone is a member of the NRA does not make them as such.

"And Clarence may be coming to HIM to form an alliance, something he'd NEVER do with an African-American under any other circumstances"

At this stage I see absolutely no basis for this speculation. I think Frank would jump at the chance to be allied with anyone on Boran right now, going into the merge(whenever that is), and as far as I can tell he has never said anything negative regarding Clarence. Maybe you have some inside info on Frank that I am not aware of?

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-01, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
Is this what everyone from Canada thinks about the NRA?

-MC

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-01, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
Prejudiced? NRA members tend to be prejudiced in favor of the 2d Amendment, but that's it.

I can't speak for Frank, but being a member of the NRA does not automatically make one a bigot. You just insulted a lot of people of many different political, racial and ethnic persuasions.

That's not just a "stereotype", that's an attack.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-20-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
My guess is it's just a pun. They are talking about the food situation in this ad...

So, they refer to the 'unlucky' person this week, the bootee, as 'SWALLOWING their pride,' which, quite honestly, anyone who was booted would have to do.

No spolier here.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-20-01, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-01 AT 09:17 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-20-01 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

I looked at the clip again and although it definitely sounds like Brandon is saying the line, did you notice Tom is not in the picture with the rest of the group (is this the "elephant man. . . different thread)? Is this a clue? Just a thought: no explanation on the meaning of the line.

I think we can all agree that TOM is the redneck bigot in the S3 group. Frank is just an old-fashioned military guy. Of course we're seeing people swap personalities all over the tribe i.e., since when does a vegetarian help bleed a chicken?

(edited because the site didn't post the whole clip)

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-20-01, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: One unluky survivor swallows their pride..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-01 AT 09:28 PM (EST)

maybe an RC in which a survivor loses out in one of his hobbies (a la Frank...)

maybe a mud facial competition and brandi loses??

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-21-01, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Frank the Bowhunter...was unlucky!"
Last week after the archery IC, all the footage was of Samburu preparing for TC and then TC itself. We have no footage of Frank and his tribe back in camp talking about the IC...yet.

I would speculate the at the beginning of EP7 there will be a group discussion and mention of Frank being "unlucky" at the IC and he will have to "swallow his pride" in his archery skills.

I don't believe it's any more complicated than that...

Krautboy

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-01, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Very Logical, KB..."
Yup... just the thing MB would do, too.

September 11, 2001

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •