The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-06, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Wow. A new low of suckitude.

1. Katharine. Hated the song. Thought she looked like a superhero in that outift (not a compliment).
2. Mandisa. Not bad vocals and performance.
3. Taylor. Okay, but not great.
4. Chris. Yawn.
5. Elliott. Meh.
6. Paris. Simon hit it spot on. I was embarrassed for her.
7. Bucky. Yawn.
8. Ace. Gimme a break with the scar and shirt pull. Get over yourself.
9. Kellie. Ouch.
10. Lisa. Unbeleivable how bad she has gotten.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings bbblues 03-29-06 1
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings gizmo_ber 03-29-06 16
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Iconoclastic 03-29-06 2
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Fishercat 03-29-06 3
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Bob Loblaw 03-29-06 4
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Hoobie 03-29-06 50
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings sylvester 03-29-06 5
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings tenmeters 03-29-06 6
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings PhoenixMons 03-29-06 7
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings geekboy 03-29-06 8
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings handsomeharry 03-29-06 9
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Glow 03-29-06 10
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Snidget 03-29-06 22
       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Glow 03-29-06 24
           RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings PhoenixMons 03-29-06 27
               RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Glow 03-29-06 29
                   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Snidget 03-29-06 33
                       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Glow 03-29-06 35
                           RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Snidget 03-29-06 36
                           RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Tahj 03-29-06 38
                       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings tamarama 03-29-06 60
       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings mrc 03-29-06 25
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings CattyChat 03-29-06 11
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings jags 03-29-06 12
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings brvnkrz 03-29-06 13
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings mrc 03-29-06 17
       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings brvnkrz 03-29-06 21
           RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings nailbone 03-29-06 37
               RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings brvnkrz 03-29-06 40
           RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Tahj 03-29-06 39
               RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings brvnkrz 03-29-06 41
 A Dog's Breakfast Maroonclown 03-29-06 14
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings samboohoo 03-29-06 15
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings mrc 03-29-06 18
       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings samboohoo 03-29-06 34
           RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings mrc 03-29-06 46
               RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings samboohoo 03-29-06 53
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Magnolia_Rocker 03-29-06 19
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings TanNymph 03-29-06 20
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings selah 03-29-06 23
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings xwraith27 03-29-06 26
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Devious Weasel 03-29-06 28
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Fishercat 03-29-06 52
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Lisapooh 03-29-06 30
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings geg6 03-29-06 31
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings nailbone 03-29-06 32
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings thndrkttn 03-29-06 42
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings brvnkrz 03-29-06 43
       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings thndrkttn 03-29-06 44
           RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings brvnkrz 03-29-06 47
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings tenmeters 03-29-06 56
       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings nailbone 03-29-06 58
       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings brvnkrz 03-29-06 61
           RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Iconoclastic 03-29-06 63
               RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings brvnkrz 03-29-06 64
           RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings tenmeters 03-29-06 66
       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings thndrkttn 03-30-06 68
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Bob Loblaw 03-29-06 67
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings frisky 03-29-06 45
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings tenmeters 03-29-06 48
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings geg6 03-29-06 57
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings nailbone 03-29-06 59
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Hoobie 03-29-06 49
   RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Devious Weasel 03-29-06 51
       RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings mrc 03-29-06 54
           RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings Devious Weasel 03-29-06 55
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings anotherkim 03-29-06 62
 RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings jen71 03-29-06 65

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bbblues 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-29-06, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bbblues Click to send private message to bbblues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Wow, didn't think this theme could be as bad as it was done last year -- I was wrong.

1. Mandisa. She's got class and a voice and stage presence. Not the best song choice, but it seems that was the theme for tonight.
2. Taylor. I like that he showed a different side, not so manic.
3. Elliott. Didn't blow me away, but way better than most tonight. Only problem was I kept thinking of Bo doing this song last year, and Bo nailed it.
4. Bucky. I don't know, just love his voice.
5. Paris. Please, just sing something you know about and understand so you can impart some meaning to the song. I hate ranking her this high.
6. Chris. I hate ranking him so low. That was just bad. Gotta show something different.
7. Katharine. Not getting it.
8. Kelli. Yuck.
9. Ace. Yuckier.
10. Lisa. Yuckiest.

gizmo_ber 337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-29-06, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gizmo_ber Click to send private message to gizmo_ber Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-06 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

I don't know why I still watch this show. There's only so many times you can take the cream of the crop before you're left with the soggy bottom...

9.5. Chris- I like him the most of them all overall
10. Elliot- he's okay
10. Mandisa- she can hit a note from time to time
10. Kellie- cuteness factor
10. Katherine- doesn't make me sick.
10. Lisa- Can't sing, but see above two.
10. Taylor- Isn't Bucky or Paris or Ace
10. Bucky- Because I can handle country
10. Paris- isn't Ace
10. Ace- is Ace.

I haven't liked any of them at all the whole season other than a spot here or there (usually Chris and Elliot).

EDIT: I replied to the wrong place, but whatever.

don't like sunlight, keep me away from water, don't feed me after midnight

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-29-06, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Really liked the performance:
1) Katherine
2) Taylor
3) Elliot
Did pretty good:
4) Chris
5) Bucky
Didn't suck:
6) Mandissa
7) Paris
8) Kellie
Sucked:
9) Lisa
10) Ace

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-29-06, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
I'm actually going off the wall with my rankings this week. A disclaimer, running the thread/doing homework took a lot of attention away, so I may have missed some stuff.

1. Mandisa (The only one where I was very happy with the performance)
2. Bucky (Really should be higher. I thoroughly enjoyed the performance)
3. Elliott (Really could be anywhere from 2-4)
4. Katharine (She's hot and she didn't massacre Christina. Sorry, I hate to vote for someone because she's hot, but damn. The outfit wasn't great though)
5. Taylor (I liked it)
6. Paris (I thought she did well, and I'm not offended by a 17 year old doing that performance, essentially an adult)
7. Lisa (Honestly, I thought she was better than the lashing she got. Likely going home)
8. Chris (He is boring me at this point. Did he ever stop singing his first performance?)
9. Ace (Yeah. Stop it.)
10. Kellie (I'm sorry that she's still on my TV.)

Bob Loblaw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-06, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bob%20Loblaw Click to send private message to Bob%20Loblaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
On an ugly night:

1. Paris (strong energy, strong vocal--tonight's winner by default) (and I'm no fan of Paris...thought she'd be gone by now)
2 Katherine McPhever (probably the most difficult song attempted on AI so far this year, so OK)
3 Taylor Hicks (great, but a little uninspired--c'mon Taylor, we need another "LeVon" to pump up the SoulPatrol's morale)
4 Bucky Covington (a good singer, needs polish still--and a better sound man to turn up his mic or quiet the band)

and six half-assed performances.....

5 Mandisa (that's what I'm screamin'!)
6 Eliot Yamin (inconsistent vocal, doesn't blow me away--but you just can't help but like the guy)
7 Chris Daughtry (it's all just one long song from this guy....we get it: you like Creed. You like Live. But we already have a Creed and a Live, so what do YOU bring to the table?)
8 Kellie Pickler (GAWD! I just can't SAAng!)
9 Ace Young (nice scar. his man plays rough.)
10 Lisa Tucker (out of her league. it's past her bedtime.)

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-29-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"

>9 Ace Young (nice scar. his
>man plays rough.)

ROFLMAO

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Suckitude is a perfect term for tonight. I was sorry I wasted the hour watching it.

Very Good (but not great):
1) Taylor (I love him, vote for him every week, waiting for him to really blow me away though)
Kinda good:
2) Bucky (I love the growl in his voice, makes me overlook his diction issues)
3) Katherine (I don't think she was as good as the judges said though)
4) Paris (I'm not a Paris fan and think the song was inappropriate for her, but she was energetic and put on a show)
5) Elliott (I too was reminded of Bo's version last year and this didn't compare)
Kinda bad:
6) Kellie (I didn't hate it and at least they toned down the make up this week)
7) Chris (He sang ok, but way way too angry, really turned me off, plus is it me or is he getting really cocky?)
Really bad:
8) Mandisa (I thought she was horrid, screechy, off key, looked bad, and hated the song choice)
9) Ace (I love Drops of Jupiter, he butchered it, and I'm also tired of his deep camera gazing)
10) Lisa (why doesn't her family help this kid with song choice? She's no Kelly Clarkson)

My prediction for bottom 3: Lisa, Ace & Elliott, with Lisa definitely & deservedly going home!

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-06, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"

1. Elliot - great vocals all the way. don't think he will win as he doesn't have enough charisma.

2. Paris - what was with Simon's comment? Doesn't get it. What did he expect her to sing? A Whole New World? A B C? his 'age' comment did not make sense at all.
Paris sang the song better than Beyonce. She may not be as pretty as beyonce but her voice is clearly superior.

3. Lisa- THE MOST UNDERRARATED. what the hell were the judges talking about? i thought she was good. she was one of the few contestants tonight who sang the melody well enough for me to recognize the song. i definitely don't think it was as bad as the judges thought.

4. Katharine- THE MOST OVERRATED. i like her because she is the total package -pretty,sexy,talented. Nobody can beat her.
But i think she was the most overrated tonight. i could hardly recognize the song. She was out of tune especially in the beginning and she shouted the rest of the song.

5. Ace- Again not the best vocals. But at least I enjoyed the song. And he was really really hot.
And very gracious, too. he took the judges comments with a big beautiful smile.
Has there been any more beautiful guy in the history of American Idol?dont think so.

6. Taylor- out of tune for most of the song but still better than the remainder.

7. Chris - the SEXIEST among the tEN contestants and one of the four best vocals ( Kath, Elliot,Paris). But he has to choose a 'different' song. He sounds like he is singing the same song over and over again. BUT boy, I could eat him alive (just kidding)

8. Bucky - no comment

9. Kelly- pretty and sexy. but the vocals were bad. the accent and the attitude is getting into my God-thickened nerve.
she should go.

10. mandisa- THE WORST. She shouted most of the song and it did not come out well. Chrissake, she was soooo wide -----. the camera should concentrate on her face (which is very beautiful) not on her bottom. Aint a pretty site.
However, i still want her to stay. i'd like to know what else she can do with her great talent.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-29-06, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-06 AT 01:36 AM (EST)

Rankings of tonight's train wreck:

1. Elliot - definitely the best of the night. He was the ONLY one in tune tonight. I love Gavin Degraw and I loved this very original arrangement. Kudos to Elliot for making the show worth watching! As for the "dancing", I didn't think it was a problem. Elliot's problem is that he's detached from what he's singing and as such, makes faces that don't go with what he's singing about. Besides, he wasn't exactly "dancing"...now the little hand gesture when he was singing "looking around" was pretty cheesy, but the rest was okay to me (and I'm a dancer and normally pick people apart for their moves - like the totally rhythmically challenged Kellie and Lisa, for instance).

2. Bucky - Yeah, he was good tonight! I normally don't like country music, but for some reason I really like Bucky and his little country self.

3. Paris - vocals were pretty nice but the song choice was awful. Paris needs someone to help her choose her songs because that was just wrong. Last week I didn't mind because Fever is a classic. I wanted to add that a big part of the reason I didn't like the song choice is because she's trying to win the votes of America. There are a lot of people who really dislike her because of how egotistical she is and how she's doing songs that are "too mature" for her age. Knowing all of that, she comes out and does a song with a VERY obvious sexual theme. I just think it was royally stupid on her part moreso than some sort of moral issue. eta that I adore Paris. She's definitely hot a whole lot of talent and I think her voice and control of her voice is phenomenal. Because I like her, I want her to make smart decisions that will keep her around as long as possible. Singing songs about working it out in the bedroom are just not going to do it. She's already been likened to this season's version of Fantasia (I only get the comparison when it comes to the way in which they really sell their performance/song...both are fantastic performers), and a big part of the Fantasia-hate was a result of her being an unmarried mother. I just guess it's asking too much for America to choose singers based on, well, their talent (I mean, America thinks people like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson have talent oozing out of their oobies bodies, so...)

4. Taylor - Definitely boring and definitely not his best. I loved him in the early rounds, but he's getting sort of stale.

5. Katharine - Meh. Nothing special and no way did she sound like Christina. She was behind and ahead of the music constantly (suffering the Lisa syndrome) and she was out of tune an awful lot. Not very impressive and I'd never guess how talented she is if that was the first time I'd heard her sing.

6. Chris - Didn't like it and he was all over the place (out of tune). Too loud and noisy. He NEEDS to slow it down and tone it down. He was awesome in his initial audition when he wasn't so dang angry/noisy when he sings. He really should have used this week to show his range (because he's certainly capable of much more than just noisy rock). Bad choice, Chris.

7. Mandisa - probably the worst I've heard her in terms of vocals. She screamed a heck of a lot of the end and screamed it way out of tune at that. That's never good. I am probably one of the few people familiar with the song...it sounds much better more subdued (as Mary Mary sings it) and less...well...loud and screechy.

8. Ace - Surprise, surprise. He wasn't as terrible as he's been in weeks past. I still loathe the guy, but at least I didn't want to puncture my ear drums rather than listen to him sing.

9. Lisa - Ick. The girl just has no musicality whatsoever. She has a good voice but has NO CLUE how to use it properly. She doesn't understand music - she's always out of tune, behind or ahead of the music and just doesn't seem to be into it at all.

10. Kellie - Yuck. Puke. She so needs to go home with her fake little self. I think I dislike her even more than Ace. And that's saying something.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-06, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
OK, I slept on it and re-read my rankings from last night. I'm not changing my rankings from the spoiler thread.

1) Taylor - I love the guy. I couldn't believe that he sang the song I suggested for him in this thread. This is his music. He was completely true to himself again, which he needs to be each week.

2) Elliot - He surprised me. I loved his rendition.

3) Mandisa - She can sing me the phone book. She's true to herself just like Taylor.

4) Katherine - not her best, but far better than most tonight. *channeling TODDJ* Terrible outfit.

5) Bucky - I thought he did very well.

6) Chris - yes, he's below Bucky. Not his best by far. He's starting to confuse me again. Should he step outside the box...or... Simon confuses me too, but that's normal.

7) Paris - a 17 year old should NOT be singing about 'working it out' in the bedroom or on the floor with her boyfriend

8) Ace - dreadful vocals

9) Kellie - worse than Ace's

10) Lisa - I think she's given up. Three poor weeks in a row, its time to go home.

geekboy

handsomeharry 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-29-06, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail handsomeharry Click to send private message to handsomeharry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-06 AT 07:47 AM (EST)

Yeah, I thought this week was a yawn... but Ace sure looks HOT!!

Katherine was very good.
Paris was awesome.

Bucky, couldn't understand a word he was singing. Simon had it right.

21st Century Songs was not a good idea!

Simon was in a mood.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
1. Bucky - I'm a country music fan. I'm a Tim McGraw fan. I'm a Bucky fan. Not sure what the problem was with his "diction". It was clear as a bright sunshiny day to me. Cowboy hat and cowboy boots? And that little dance? Yep. I'm a Bucky fan. "When it comes to loving you I've got velvet hands. I'll show you how a real bad boy can be a real good man." That's really the only part you needed to understand.
2. Paris - I really enjoyed it. Not sure I get the problem people are having with it.
3. Taylor - I like him. Love his voice.
4. Elliot - meh. He shouldn't have done that after Bo did it last year. Pales in comparison. Pales. I'm kind of torn here. I think him and Chris are tied for me
5. Chris - because I really needed him to not do Creed. Love Chris. LOVE him. Creed? Not so much. But even so, dearest Chris, if you have to do a Creed song, pick one that you can actually sing. Bad bad bad song choice. *sigh*
6. Mandisa - I'd like to hear her sing something.
7. Ace - Love that song. "karaoke" was the right word for it. I didn't think it was quite as bad as the judges said it was though.
8. Katharine - ew. I thought that sounded horrible. So did my husband and he likes her. I sat there the whole time wincing. Ick. I have no idea how she's ranked so high on y'alls rankings.
9. Kellie - oh my. Worst she's ever been. Made my ears bleed worse than Kat did.
10. Lisa - ugh. Poor kid. She's just not ready for this competition. And honey, quit with the furrowed brow.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Paris - I really enjoyed it. Not sure I get the problem people are having with it.

I think it is the whole while you are still jailbait at least in some parts of the US, please stop trying to convince me that your sex-life that steamy.

Yep you can use sex to sell when you are still going to get men put in jail for doing you, just keep the lyrics a bit more subtle reaction.

I know on average she has lost her virginity. I just don't want to hear about how experienced she is in the sack at such a tender age. It may not be logical.

I prefer song choices where I believe they know what they are talking about. It is like when some of the emotional ballads that don't ring true for me either. Now some people that doesn't matter what age they are (the they can't know that much pain at that age thing), I don't think they ever actually read the lyrics enough to understand them, just enough to memorize them. Don't smile so darn much when you are singing about sorrow and pain goes along with the at least pretend you haven't been having really hot steamy sex until you stop being jail-bait.

03-29-06, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
yeah. I know why everybody thinks it was a bad song choice. I just don't get it.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-29-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
See my post up there somewhere for my reasoning. Granted, most of the teens in the music industry sing about boyfriends and sex and the likes before they hit eighteen. I don't think it should be as big of a deal as it is, but at the same time I don't want to see Paris go home because people think she shouldn't be singing "adult" songs. Just like I don't want to see Elliot go home because they don't like his teeth and ears (personally, I think he's kinda cute...sure braces wouldn't hurt, but there are a whole lot of people I'd rather not look at *coughAcecough*). But of course that's expecting too much. When our idols are Britney (no talent hack who couldn't sing/dance if her life depended on it) and Jessica (only slightly more talented than Britney) I guess that's what's to be expected.

03-29-06, 09:56 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
I guess my point is she didn't write the damn song. She picked a song that's familiar to people (heck, even I've heard it) and she sang it very well. I am in no way her biggest fan but I think she's been one of the top SINGers for two weeks in a row.

03-29-06, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
But she could have picked something else, even something else by Beyonce (although a lot of her recent songs are just as sexual) with the energy and familiarity of the song without the overt sexuality. There are a few songs out there like that from the last 5 years, I think, if I remember correctly.

Yep, she sang it well, but I'd like to see her choose songs that fit both her voice and her age. I know kids want to be adults, but it still doesn't stop people from getting freaked out when they go too far. It is like some of the kids who are in those pagents who are like 5 years old wearing overtly sexual outfits and singing songs that are way too suggestive. Now Paris isn't nearly as bad as that, but there are other songs out there that everyone would know, and fit her voice, and suit her energy.

She seems to need to prove she is the sexy one, she has other selling points, and I'd like her to really bring those out, rather than playing the vote for me I'll do you demographic.

It probably does get some teens voting for her, but it also gets other parts of the demographic upset. I believe she could pick songs that still get the teen boys hot for her that doesn't make every man over the age of 19 thinking they need to go to sex-offender therapy group after the show is over.

Everyone draws those sorts of lines in different places, I just think she pushes it too far and risks alienating too many people, when there are other songs out there that would work just as well without the creepy factor.

03-29-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
I understand all this. I know what you're saying. I'm just saying I disagree with that thought process. She likes the song. She sang the song. She danced. She performed.

I? give her props for a great vocal performance. A lot of you don't. I'm okay with that. I know why you didn't like it but I did.

03-29-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
I liked the vocals and all that, I just didn't like the song choice. I can tell someone sang well and had good energy, etc. even when for whatever reason I think they picked the wrong song.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
I agree with you Glow. Way too much emphasis on song choice when the performance itself was great--and--this is exactly the kind of song Paris would record. She is an amazingly strong talent.

Moves courtesy of Syren

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-06, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
>>She seems to need to prove she is the sexy one<<

For me, this is the issue in a nut. When she sings these very mature, sexual songs it just looks awkward not necessarily because she's 17, but because she's not that 'sex-kitten' type. Hell, she's hardly the first 16,17,18 yr old to sing sexy songs...but they just don't FIT her. Especially when she's done, and talking to Ryan like she's 5.

That's what makes it creepy to me.

03-29-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Snidge hit it on the head.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-29-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
I thought it would have been much better last night, but the line is being drawn.

Stars of the Night
1. Taylor - Yeah, Baby! Loved just listening to his voice so he could prove to the non-soul patrollers that he really can sing. Best vocals of the night.

2. Katharine - Taking on Christina is a daunting task & she almost pulled it off. She's adorable, with great vocals. I'd like to see her polish things up more. She's one of my faves.

3. Elliott - Great vocals. I just don't see him as my American Idol. A soloist has to have (along with great talent) either (a) easy on the eyes or (b) personality plus -- unfortunately Elliott doesn't have either of those critical qualities in my opinion. There's hope, though, if he gets some personality out there for us.

Entertaining, but not the Whole Package
4. Chris - I agree with Simon, it's getting too much. He needs to tone it down just a bit. I'm a huge fan of his, but not to win this. He needs to break out with his band. He's going to be big after this no matter what.

5. Kellie - I thought her performance was fun & cute. Not a challenging song, but a fun one. I like the tone of her voice & think she could be more successful than Carrie in the Country Pop genre. Carrie has a great voice, but no personality. Kellie has personality overflow & with more experience & learing her vocals will continue to improve. It's obvious she's like a sponge with advice. Bring back Barry to work with everyone more.

6. Bucky - Not a huge Bucky fan & don't listen to Country, BUT I thought his performance last night was his best yet (IMO). He looks better with the hat on, too. Hopefully he isn't booted, because there were many far worse that deserve to go.

7. Mandisa - Mandisa is on the bubble with me after last night. Each week, she seems to be screaming her songs more and more. There's a fine line between power and screaming and she's stepped way over that line. There were many rough spots, song did nothing for me & as Simon said -- indulgent. Paula actually had something intelligent to say -- soften things up next time, emotional performance, softer. I hope she comes back better next week.

So what??
8. Lisa - Lisa is a pretty girl with a really good voice, unfortunately she has slipped from one of my top choices down to the bottom because she's losing steam & energy in her performances. She's too pagent-y & stiff and her vocals seem to be getting worse each week, too. I think her confidence has taken a hit & she doesn't have it in her to recover.

Just Plain Awful
9. Paris - Paris has been overrated from Hollywood week for me. I actually enjoyed her "vocals" more last night than any of her previous performances, but her dancing was embarassing. H.A.T.E.D. it. Something about her just grates on my nerves. She's the "Stepford Singer" bred to perform. I don't think she has any humility & she's the least likely to improve in this competition because I think she feels she already knows everything she needs to know.

10. Ace - Terrible song, terrible vocals. Ace was by far the worst of the night. He is not solo material, but back-up vocals to a pretty boy band. He's pretty, but I'm done with him, unless he gets a hair cut.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Yes last night was the worst i have seen from this group. I still say the top six as a group aree the most talent they have had on stage at once. But there were some disappointments last night. No one did anything to change the arrangements they just went out there and sang the song.

1. Mandisa- great vocals but the idols always get it hard especially from Simon when they do A religious song. What was it Simon said self-indulgent. I am familiar with the Mary Mary version and she did a good job.
2. Katherine- Great job with difficult song Christina is one of those artist I atlk about that you should stay away from, because there voices are unique.
3. Taylor- He mentioned that this song was going to show his range before the song started, it did not do that. But he sang that song well.
4. Chris- Good performance. But time to branch out your becoming a one hit wonder.
5. Elliot- Steady is all I can say he is consistent. He did not do anything too break the top four though.
6. Paris - I am sorry if she would have presented herself as a different person at the beginning I would have bought that performance. And then trying to do that booty shake that Beyonce does totally wrong move. Vocals were good though.
7. Kellie - not her best performance but she has a big fan base and will not be in the bottom three.
Bottom three and any of three could go they were all that bad.

And yes Lisa has fallen so quickly, why did she do a Kelly Clarkson song totally wrong move. I also feel she has lost her confidence. If she survives this week she must find herself quick and realize that she has the voice to be here just not the confidence right now.

Ace what was that BS with pulling his shirt back to show a scar. Sexy will not save you now buddy.

Bucky, Bucky, Bucky. When you said you were doing a country song I thought good. I was wrong. I do not know if you thought you could walk through this or what but that was your worst yet.

I hope Ace or Bucky leave, Lisa Has a great voice she just needs to find her confidence again. If not she will be gone within the next 2 weeks.

Jags

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Nobody thrilled me this week. This is a difficult one.

1. Katharine. Just because they all sucked and she is hot.
2. Elliott
3. Paris
4. Mandisa
5. Chris
6. Taylor
7. Bucky
8. Ace
9. Kellie
10. Lisa

An awesome Arkie siggie

03-29-06, 09:12 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
1. Katharine. Just because they all sucked and she is hot.

And this is why I love you.

03-29-06, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
*smooch*

For the 2nd week in a row, I was not even aware of what song she sang. I just sit and stare and then get the phone ready to dial her number. My bad.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Hey what about me???

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

She sings?

03-29-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
*smooch*

I had no clue. I thought she was just our eye candy

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
I agree. Katherine is gorgeous and as good as she already is, she's going to develop into an even greater singer and performer.
Physically, she is already THERE baby!

Moves courtesy of Syren

03-29-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
i need to start listening to her. *giggle*

An awesome Arkie siggie

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "A Dog's Breakfast"
That pretty much sums it up for me.

Just a couple of comments. I thought last night's show was a good indicator of how amateurish they all were. We were supposed to see how they would sell in today's market and other than Chris and maybe Taylor I thought they were way off base.

There will be some heavy manufacturing required for the winner.

Individually, Ace was painful. Rather than look longingly into the camera he looked like he was going to vomit or had severe gas pains.

The lighting crew went to great pains to keep Mandisa's bottom half in the dark. Girlfriend should not be squeezing herself into jeans. She's a big girl but can work with what she has, and jeans should not be a part of that equation.

Paris - if you're gonna do Beyonce at least pick a better song.

The rest are not worth mentioning.

arkie spring thing

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
1. Taylor. I wasn't familiar with this song, but I thought he sang it well, and he didn't look goofy tonight.

2. Elliott: He took Taylor's "goofy" moves tonight. Glad he didn't bore me this week.

3. Paris: I know a lot of people think she's doing stuff that's too mature, but she just doesn't sound young. And she can get away with it.

4. Bucky: Tim McGraw he ain't, but this was probably his best performance so far. I can't believe I'm putting him this high.

5. Chris: I'm so not a headbanger and, while I love his voice, it was too heavy for me.

6. Mandisa: Strong voice. Probably oversang it a little. It was okay.

7. Katherine: I hated the song. Hated it. I still think she has a great voice, but I honestly wanted to fast forward through this song. I actually like her voice better than Mandisa's, but the song was just a terrible song.

8. Ace: Bleh.

9. Kellie: Yuck.

10. Lisa: Absolutely awful.

It's Arkie Love

03-29-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
7. Katherine: I hated the song. Hated it. I still think she has a great voice, but I honestly wanted to fast forward through this song. I actually like her voice better than Mandisa's, but the song was just a terrible song.

And this is why I'm loving a lesbian today instead of you.

03-29-06, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
*sticks tongue out*

It's Arkie Love

I liked Paris, so does this really come as a surprise?

03-29-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
You like Paris? Really? Stop before I lose all respect for you! Nah, like that would happen.

03-29-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
It could be worse. I could "want" to know the story behind Ace's scar. That might make you lose respect.

It's Arkie Love

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-29-06, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Gah! That was on hour of my life wasted that I'll never get back. Geez people.

1. Katharine - This is the first time I have put her at #1 but I thought the girl did wonderfully last night. It takes guts (or stupidity) to try Christina and I think Kat pulled it off with a bang.

2. Chris - My DH and I loved his performance but we are with the majority of others I've heard on this board that the song was to "hard". We love hard rock but think most of America won't.

3. Bucky - WAY TO GO BUCKY!!!! This was totally his type of music. He is one of the very few people that I would love to just have stand in my living room and sing to me all day long. Love that voice.

4. Taylor - Not your greatest performance by a large margin. I think he is listening to people to much. He tried the stand there and just sing thing last night and it made his performance lack. His sparkle and shine is his enthusiam when he sings and I missed that last night.

5. Elliott - I probably would have loved this song more if I didn't have not only the original to compare it to but also Bo Bice from last year. I enjoyed it. Loved seeing him have more fun on stage also.

6. Mandisa - She proved that she "can't" sing anything. I called her Ms. Screamy McScream last night. I think christian music is beautiful but this just was not. What happened there Mandisa?

7. Kelly - I didn't think she was terrible tonight. This is the type of music she needs to be singing, it fits her voice. She's gotten to be very comfortable on stage and that's always a plus. Overall not a bad job, not great but not bad.

8. Paris - Did not like this at all. The ponytail swinging, shaking the butt, strutting across the stage...wha??? Stay away from Beyonce hun...far, far away.

9. Lisa - Ummm, ewwwwww. What were you thinking? Kelly Clarkson and you screwed it up that badly? This was just a horrible, horrible, horrible performance. The only good thing I can say is that she didn't look staged last night for once in her movements.

10. Ace - Oh.Dear.Gosh. I was actually cringing in the corner of my couch with my hands covering my face saying over and over...no,no,no,no,no. I was sooooooo embarrassed for him last night! It was just wrong on so many levels.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-29-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
1. Taylor - enjoyed that he actually sang and toned down the performance, not saying he should do that every week, but I liked the variety.

2. Bucky - not a Bucky fan so this is a big surprise, but I thought he did pretty well, but only because most of the others were not good

3. Katharine - this was not her best but again she didn't have to be great to be better than most of the others, she should have sang "Because of You", I think she would have blown us away

4. Chris - he is this low because 1) I don't like Creed and 2) this isn't Rock Star-whatever. Agree with Simon, much to hard rock of a song for this competition. However, still love Chris and thought he did a great job. Didn't think he was flat as Randy said.

HUGE DROP

What happened to the rest of these peeps?

In no particular order

Ace - showing the scar was just the lamest thing ever
Paris - agree with Simon, Beyonce wanna be - didn't enjoy the screaming
Elliot - he sings fine, I just didn't like it
Mandisa - again with the screaming, but I liked it better than Paris
Lisa - dang, I was so hoping she would do well, wrong song choice, beginning to think I was wrong about her. My guess is she is gone this week. Can't give a weak performance AND go 1st.
Kellie - that was just wasn't good at all, wrong about her too I guess

selah 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-06, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail selah Click to send private message to selah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
what a generally very bad night..

no one really stood out..

1. Taylor. loved the vocals but wished he would have put more of his personality into it.. agreed with Simon regarding the Clay Aiken look. Clay wore a leather jacket much like that when he sang the song from Grease only Clay's was red..

2. Katherine. even though I hated the song her performance was good.. really don't like her choice of clothes each week.

3. Lisa. I'm in the minority but I thought she did way better than the judges say she did.

4. Chris. really didn't like his anger but he can sing.

5. Mandisa. not her best week but better than some.

6. Bucky. I love Bucky but he just isn't a front runner..

7. Elliott. just don't get Elliott.

8. Paris. this girl can sing but this bordered on too much..

9. Kellie.. a very bad week

10. Ace.. the worst, absolutely the worst.. the scar, the pointing and stare at the end, he just has to go and go soon.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
1. Elliott - the only one I liked
2. Paris - great vocals, but I agree that the song was too mature for her
3. Bucky - ok
4. Taylor - I felt like the performance ended before it even started
5. Chris - he's just becoming too repetitive
6. Mandisa - worst I've seen of her
7. Katharine - seriously. butchered. the song. I don't see the reason why she's at the top of some of the lists. I personally think that the first few lines of the song were way off-key.
8. Ace - One of his worst performances.
9. Kellie - I don't even remember what she did.
10. Lisa - The bum notes were really obvious, and even though I think that this performance was forgiveable, if not passable, she hasn't shown anything that would make me think she's talented enough

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Tier Top Flight Great Performance: (Crickets chirping. Birds singing.)

Tier Best Performance Of The Night For As Little As That Is Worth But Jeesh, Who The Carp Dressed You? Ray Charles?: Taylor

Tier Big Shoes To Follow (aka I Know Bo Bice, I Love Bo Bice, You, Sir, Are No Bo Bice): Elliott

Tier Girl Just Ain’t Got No Soul: Katherine

Tier Out Of Your Vocal Range: Mandisa

Tier Lame Non-Apology Apology Followed By The Most Predictable Song Choice In The History Of The Show: Chris

Tier Sexy And Seventeen: Paris

Tier Bigger Shoes To Follow (aka I Know Kelly Clarkson, I Love Kelly Clarkson, You, Ma’am, Are No Kelly Clarkson): Lisa

Tier Both Train Wreck And Train Wreck: Ace

Tier Shtick Wearing Thin: Kellie

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Literally, someone predicted, with no prior knowledge, that Chris would do a Creed song on the show.

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
I missed Lisa's performance completely so I'll have to leave her out of my rankings. what a disappointing week!

1. Elliot - he just looked like he was having a blast and I love that song. I hope he continues to find that comfort level on stage.

2. Bucky - great song choice from him. I know that song so of course I understood the words, so that's hard to judge. He should sing a Trace Atkins song at some point because it would really suit him and highlight what he does best.

3. Taylor - this is one of the few times I've liked him. He just seems like such a dufus to me. I wasn't familiar with the song, but it definitely was a great fit for him.

4. Mandisa - she oversang it but it was genuine and emotional. I don't know if I'd call it self-indulgent like Simon did, but I'm glad she did a gospel song because it clearly is important to her. I love the energy behind gospel music and Mandisa really embodied that.

5. Katharine - I love her, but I thought this was a train wreck. She wasn't with the music and seemed sharp (at least to my untrained ear) a lot. I think Christina is one of the artists these girls need to stay away from. You aren't gonna outsing her no matter what you do and you will suffer from the comparison.

6. Paris - she sang it well, but I'm uncomfortable with a 17 year old hoochie mama. When did I get so old to be concerned with this stuff? Impressed with her vocals but disappointed with her. Wrong. wrong. wrong.

7. Chris - *yawn* I'm really disappointed in his insistance on doing the same thing over and over again. Some call it not compromising. I call it not growing as an artist.

8 Kellie - I happen to love Sara Evans. And I love that song - it has a huge note at the end that Kellie shoudl have hit out of the park. She's just not that good of a singer unfortunately. I don't even think it's that gimmicky or cheesy. Of course it is that cheesy when the line is bare feet hanging out the window and the Kellie points to her feet. Wow, what a risk taker you are, Kellie. She would have had a great career on Hee Haw, but those days are over.

9. Ace - that blank "sexy" look he gives the camera aggravates my irritable bowel syndrome. Go Home Ace. And take your gimmicky little scar with you.

america's bottom three: Bucky, Ace, Lisa
going home: Lisa

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Wow. I haven't seen such suckitude since the auditions. Pee-yew!

1) Taylor - Best of the night. Toned down the Joe Cocker thing. Great, great, great song sung exactly right. Loved it and, considering how it all went, that is saying something. And? I thought he looked pretty damn good.

2) Katherine - Not perfect, but who could possibly do it better than Xtina? She is so beautiful that the stylist should be shot for suggesting such an ugly outfit.

3) Chris - I have no problem with the hard rock. I just wish he'd picked a halfway decent hard rock band. Creed sucks so mightily that I couldn't place him any higher on that basis alone.

4) Bucky - I'm shocked. Shocked, I say. First, I hate country music. Second, I'm no Bucky fan. But it was the perfect song for him, even if I have to agree with Simon in that I didn't understand one single word of the song.

5) Elliott - Sorry, Elliott, you're no Bo. You're no Gavin. And, by the looks of the dance moves, you're not even Taylor. But at least it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the rest.

6) Ace - He's only here by default. At least I liked the actual song. But, man, what a cheeseball! Oh, and Ace? I don't want to see your basketball scar. Ever again.

7) Mandisa - Is she done screaming yet? Ugh, hated it. Can she do anything other than screech at the top of her lungs? And, girlfriend, please don't wear the jeans again. Not flattering.

8) Lisa - Another default. Didn't like it. Thought she was off key a lot. But I do think she's adorable. She'll grow into it. She's only 16 and, I think, a little overwhelmed.

9) Paris - Ick. Ick, ick, ick. This child has so totally creeped me out that I just want her gone. NOW!

10) Kellie - Yes, I know I said I hate country music. But as my ranking of Bucky shows, I can deal with it when I have to. That might be the worst song of all time and makes me happy I never heard it before last night. And Kellie's version? So bad that I can't even describe it.

Should go: Kellie/Paris
Will go: Lisa

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

03-29-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Worst week so far. Judges were cranky, Ryan was a bigger ass than usual, and the song choices were abysmal.

1. Chris - I don't care, I love it!
2. Mandiva - NOt my fave to win it all, but she kicked it last night
3. Taylor - was, well, Taylor
4. Elliot - usually forgettable for me, but I liked last night
5. Katharine - slipped a little this week, but still top 5
6. Ace - "Rock edge"??? With this song? He did OK, though.
7. Bucky - THAT's how Bucky should do it
8. Kellie - hey, at least she kept her yap shut this week
9. Paris - Girl, you are *17*!!! It was just oogie.
10. Lisa - Cute, sweet, time to go

Bottom three - Lisa, Ace, Bucky. Lisa leaves.

Sig by Arkie!!

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
I didn't see Lisa either so I'll take your word for it that she sucked.

Taylor
Katherine

Drop-

Elliot
Bucky
Chris

Drop-
Madisa
Kellie
Ace

HUGE DROP-
Paris and here's why. I have no problem with her doing older songs. I have no problem with her doing two-bit stripper moves on stage. Just don't play both sides. Don't say that you are in 'God's Favor' and then two weeks in a row do songs about scrumpin'. And for fvck's sake, stop with the "Thiiiynk Yeeew"s. You can't go from whore to churchschool girl in 10 seconds and expect me to buy it.

03-29-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
I'm sick of Paris as well. I had never thought about her playing both sides of the fence though. good observation and I'll add that to the list of reasons why she is growing old for me.

An awesome Arkie siggie

03-29-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
*evil squinty eye* You're just a sucking up in hopes of a glazed donut.

And yes, for all you who are wondering, that is definitely code.

03-29-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Well duh. *grin*

An awesome Arkie siggie

03-29-06, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
this is not about moral issues. its about talent. and paris has talent.
beyonce and destiny's child are no different. they are whores but they are also very spiritual.

03-29-06, 05:18 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
They have also reached the legal age of consent.

Sig by Arkie!!

03-29-06, 07:18 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
It's not really all about talent. It's about popularity.

An awesome Arkie siggie

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
It's not really all about talent. It's about popularity.

That could be the slogan for todays music industry.

03-29-06, 07:50 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Unfortunately, you are correct.

An awesome Arkie siggie

03-29-06, 09:48 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
in this competition, you cannot be popular unless you have talent.
if a contestant with little talent is popular, there's something wrong with him/her. Look at William Hung, Kevin Covais, the red-head John,etc.

It still comes down to talent,honey.

You cannot be popular and just have 'gravy'.

03-30-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
this is not about moral issues. its about talent. and paris
>has talent. beyonce and destiny's child are no different. they are whores but they are also very spiritual.

*BOGGLE* Are ya kidding? *BOGGLE*

In another thread, you stated that being true to yourself is good. Please, oh please, explain to me how her stating that she is favored by God and then she goes on to do two songs IN A ROW that are pretty much only about fvcking, all while making humping gestures on stage, when she is ONLY SEVENTEEN and then when she's done with her whore show performance, revert back to the baby voiced good girl??! How is she being true to herself? One way or another she's being a hypocrite. I'd love to see her get up in front of her church and do her Beyonce "routine".

Pardon the grammar.

Bob Loblaw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-06, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bob%20Loblaw Click to send private message to Bob%20Loblaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
hear, hear, about the good point. I too could care less about all the namby-pamby's who are moaning about her being 17 (Who's hornier than 17-year-olds? What, do you all have a collective case of amnesia?!? Come ON already.....you're 5, 6 years into puberty, you're RIGHT on the verge of being on your own and can just about taste the freedom--do you not remember the year that you were 17? I think you all could stand to take a little trip down memory lane, there.....)

While we're on the subject, I'm feeling a little latent sexism rising out of this whole debate, too. If it's some "hot young AI stud" who's 17 and singing about playing three women at once, then everyone is swooning or slapping him high-5's in the AI locker room backstage (can you imagine such a thing?. But if a woman dare take ownership of her sexuality at a young age, the "Slut Police" are out in force.

Everyone was having a high time making jokes about Sad Little Kevin Covais "getting lucky" with the ladies from this AI exposure, with the obviously hilarious subtext that this little goofus is actually going to get laid on a weekly basis out of this whole affair (I mean, he's already made the pre-emptive strike to take out the pre-Idol girlfriend! The writing is on the wall, people...). So he gets a free pass for being under-age, and the whole thing gets played for big laughs. I know he's not singing songs about being a "playa," but I think Paris has more than a small dose of tongue-in-cheek to her persona, too--it doesn;t seem that serious with her, either. Why the starkly different reactions?

But please be consistent. Don't drag out that tired old double standard for men and women....17 is not 13, and is not 5 or 6, JonBenet. 17-year-olds are sexual creatures, whether Mom, Dad, Reverend Lovejoy, and Ned Flanders like it or not. As long as they're "singing it" to each other, and not to that creepy guy who drives a van with paisley curtains and hangs out near the arcade, are we really gonna hold their feet to the fire on this one?

Uhhhh, I lost my train of thought way back there.....ah! Consistent! You're exactly right about why she (Paris) is wrong, ThunderMeow. SHE's not being consistent. She wants to be all things to all people, and winds up being no one to her self. She's a walking MadonnaWhore complex.

And, yes, I am a dude, so please don't flame me for being a "feminazi." I just think our culture still unwittingly buys into some of these gender-based stereotypes, and winds up holding (esp. young) men and women to different standards. Doesn't seem fair. And if you've actually ever used the word "femi-nazi" in the presence of another human being, you should be beaten with a soggy copy of Ms. magazine.

Loblaw, Out!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Suck suck suck. Sucky suck suck, suck suck suckitude. Suck.

This weeks coveted dead birds will stay with ME.

Bird Droppings:

Katharine - She sucked, but I can't complain as much about her as I can about the others, so she gets droppings.

Taylor - Didn't like the song, but he sang it well enough, I suppose, for a song that sucked.

Paris - Ho hum. I'm getting tired of the same ol' Paris, but she sang on key and stuff, which I suppose is kinda important. *yawn*

Chris - As usual, I loved Chris, but I didn't like the song and I didn't get to hear his great voice.

Bloody Feathers:

Elliott - The dancing and hand thingy were just too much. I hate the way he looks when he sings. Head slightly tilted back rolling rhythmically around on his neck, eyes bugged open, looking down into camera, eyebrows arched way up. Blah.

Bucky - I like Bucky. I don't like country music and I think he has a more alternative-music-sounding voice.

Mandisa - I have issues with Mandisa after last night. While she was walking out on stage, did she really shout something like "You too can be free from your addictions, LIFESTYLE, and problems?" I hope I heard that wrong, or misinterpreted it.

Regurgitated pieces of earthworm:

Lisa - sucked but I feel sorry for her. She's good, but she's choking big time and I hope she is put out of her misery soon.

Kellie - Pickles-Underwood, Kellie (PUK) sucked the hind teat. Go back to sudsin up the laawwndry, Skankler.

Ace - From the hand brushing over his hair, to the scar, to the eye-f**king, this guy has got to go. He out-skanks Pukeler.

03-29-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Elliott - The dancing and hand thingy were just too much. I hate the way he looks when he sings. Head slightly tilted back rolling rhythmically around on his neck, eyes bugged open, looking down into camera, eyebrows arched way up. Blah.

is there any better way to put it??? goddamn good writer. am very impressed

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Have I told you lately how much I lvoe you?

You kill me.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

03-29-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Mandisa - I have issues with Mandisa after last night. While she was walking out on stage, did she really shout something like "You too can be free from your addictions, LIFESTYLE, and problems?" I hope I heard that wrong, or misinterpreted it.

You didn't. She followed by saying that God will be your strength, or something.

Sig by Arkie!!

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
1. Elliott - loved his hoodie, and the moves. How do the AI producers know who to close the show with (always the strongest performance, IMHO)? Is the order set up after the dress rehearsal?
2. Taylor - agree with Paula here, it was nice to hear him just stand and sing.
3. Bucky - Above Chris? Wow. Solid performance. I know others will disagree.
4. Chris - Good, but a little screechy at times.
5. Lisa - Eh. She was in my top spot in week #1, now she's just ordinary.
6. Katharine - Hate Christina, hated her outfit. OK vocals.
7. Mandisa - A little preachy, are we?
8. Kellie - The cuteness has worn off.
9. Ace - He just looks like he's a bit slow - not smoldering with that dumb look at the end -- and lately, it's been all through the song.
10. Paris - WAY, way too risque for a 17 year old. She looked like a hussy from the hood.

03-29-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
They close the show with whoever they want to pimp the most. End of the show is the prime voting spot.

03-29-06, 03:56 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
Except that several million Americans had turned off the TV after Ace's tearful tug.

03-29-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
And were bent over their toilets. But in general, the theory still holds.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
1. Elliott--I don't like Elliott. For the first three weeks or so, I didn't even know who he was. I don't find him attractive or overly impressive as a vocalist. And his "dancing" is beyond horrible. He is the epitome of White Boy With No Rhythm. All that said, he was the best of the bunch tonight. Good for him.

2. Taylor--he sang his song well which was, tonight at least, 3/4 of the battle. The fact that he looked utterly ridiculous was a huge strike against him. Simon is right as usual--the "styling" was an abomination.

3. Katherine-I didn't recognize the song. She was terrible in the beginning and seemed unsure of herself throughout. If this was the first time I'd seen her, I would wonder what the fuss was about. And what the FVCK was she thinking with the Captain America jacket?

4. Bucky--this pains me more than I can type. I think Bucky is on the wrong show, but hey, he sang on key, in tune and didn't yell or scream, wiggle his bare feet or expose body zones. That's a plus.

5. Mandisa--Again, I agree with Simon. Totally indulgent performa nce. Sing about God all you want to, honey, but SING it, don't scream it. Every song doesn't have to be vocal gymnastics. I think the song was a terrible choice because it didn't allow her to show that she could actually, you know, sing. She belted and pierced.

6. Chris--Boo. Hiss. I'm weary of the angry rocker thing. There are dozens of other songs that can be done to show that you have a "hard" side without screaming and kicking and making faces, but this song sounded like nearly every thing else. Honestly, Chris is beginning to seem like a karaoke star to me--he can mimic, but I'm seeing nothing original or new. It's as if he is afraid to try anything different.

7. Paris--yes, she can sing, but once again, she took a song that wasn't appropriate for her age and belted it out in her weird sort of old-lady blues voice. Add in baaaaad hair extensions and horrible dance moves and there's just no excuse for her.

8. Ace--vomit. He looked stoned when he was singing. Last week I sort of got the whole "fvck me eyes" thing from him, but this week he just looked simple. And the scar thing? It SHOULD have been the hokiest thing on stage last night, but lucky for him Kellie had bare feet.

9. Lisa--wowsa. What a stupid song choice. 1. it was too difficult for her. 2. the theme was waay too heavy for her smiley, upbeat persona and 3. it's too current. She wouldn't have seemed AS terrible, IMO, if everyone watching didn't have Kelly Clarkson's version running along beside her and she didn't come CLOSE to living up to it. I liked her eyeshadow though.

10. Kellie--Jesus, Mary and Joseph, what a disaster. The song? Not really THAT hard to sing (I've sung it with the karaoke track several times and I suspect that Kellie has, too). Between the missed notes and the increasingly redneck accent, I was flabbergasted at how truly BAD Pickler could be. I've never thought she was truly horrible, but this? This was. And the bare feet thing? OMG, how I was hoping she would lose her balance and fall over. That would have been the only thing to save that performance. Whoever helped her pick this song is clearly her enemy. Oh, that it would be her downfall, but I'm sure there are enough people who thought she looked cute (I just don't see it) or who are voting the country bloc (how else is Bucky still there?) so that she will survive to annoy me another week.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I agreed with every thing Simon said this week. He's brilliant.

jen71 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-06, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jen71 Click to send private message to jen71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Week 3--Final 10 Rankings"
this week should've been soooo easy for all of them that it would've been hard to vote because they all performed their best or close to it

well, it was easy to know who to vote for because I didn't bother to vote at all seeing as they all sucked or bored me

boring:
Taylor
Elliott
Lisa

boring and not sounding good at all:
Ace - if he's so nervous his hands shake, why doesn't he choose a different career?

sounding bad:
Chris - bad song choice, bad vocals, try something different
Katharine - Christina Aguilera sucks anyway so no big deal here
Mandisa - stop screaming! also, very strange song for church

please go home:
Bucky - very bad, Tim McGraw you are most definitely NOT
Paris - looked awful, didn't like her vocals at all
Kellie - boring song, stupid girl, two bad performances of country songs two weeks in a row

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •