The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Diane's Friends Keep Dying"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-01, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Diane's Friends Keep Dying"
As we all know, Diane's list has remained reliable (music starts--another friend bites the dust, and another one's gone, another one's gone, another friend bites the dust). The only old Samburu left on Diane's list of friends that has not "died" (i.e., been voted off) is Teresa. If there is still a 7 person jury, she must be voted of in E7 if we believe in this "spoiler".

The only way I can see Teresa getting voted off in E7 is IF there is no merge in E7 and IF Boran loses IC and IF Boran still fears the merge could be delayed beyond E8. Those are a lot of IFs, but not out of the question.

Yes--I know that there are other ways Diane could have become friends with Teresa. Otherwise, we would know for sure Teresa was next.

Any other thoughts on the continuing value of "Diane's Friends" as an indication that Teresa will go in E7 as well as an indication that the merge will not occur in E7?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Batting 1.000 mavsfan 11-16-01 1
 Would she ever refer to Clanrece as... anotherkim 11-16-01 2
   RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrec... zzz 11-16-01 4
       RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrec... anotherkim 11-16-01 5
       RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrec... ChipK2 11-16-01 12
           RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrec... Loree 11-16-01 13
   RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrec... Fast Eddie 11-16-01 10
       RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrec... jenbug 11-16-01 14
           RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrec... red 11-16-01 15
 RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying CatM 11-16-01 3
 RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying PepeLePew13 11-16-01 6
   RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying zzz 11-16-01 7
       RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying PepeLePew13 11-16-01 8
           RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying zzz 11-16-01 9
               RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying red 11-16-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Batting 1.000"
At this stage I don't think it matters how unlikely Diane's friends list is, it's going to outweight ANY thing else I see this week as a spoiler. I don't care if the Pope himself tells me someone else is leaving, my vote will still go to Theresa. I didn't give it much credibility at first since it was so Sambura heavy, and contained both Carl & Silas, which on the face of it made little sense, but lo and behold Carl & Silas are on at Loser Lodge with Diane.

This spoiler has been proven right I think with the simple passage of time.

The down side is discussion on the board will likely be at a minimum this week since it's so overwhelmingly obvious Theresa is next on the chopping block.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-01, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Would she ever refer to Clanrece as her "friend"...?"
since their situation was tense to say the least, would she ever refer to him as a friend?? Could that be why he was not on her list?

Boran, if they lose, would need to get rid of Clarence. If there is a merge, then I can't see any way he could stay--he is the most obvious threat to each and every one of them when individual immunity challenges become an issue.

If C. goes this week, then T. could go next and still fill out the list of D's friends from Samburu.

Kim

11-16-01, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrece as her "friend"...?"
anotherkim--

I disagree with almost everything you have said. First, Diane did refer to Clarence as a "friend" and said she even continues to communicate with him. The critical thing is that the only people on old Samburu she listed have all gotten the boot except for Teresa. She did NOT list Brandon, KimP or Frank. And if Clarence is booted in E7 and Teresa in E8, then the list would NOT be a spoiler because Teresa would be on a sequestored jury and Diane could not have gotten to know her in Africa (unless the jury was reduced to 5 which I think is very unlikely but possible).

As far as Clarence being the logical boot, this is only true if there is a merge in E7 or knowlege there will be a merge in E8. If there is NO merge in E7 and fear that there will not be a merge in E8, Clarence would still be needed to avoid a tie between Frank\Teresa and Ethan\KimJ in E8 if there were no merge and they went back to TC (remember Frank's vote was not shown and Clarence's vote might not be shown in E7). Teresa would be voted out as the weaker ex-Samburu (might still need Frank for chores and challenges). So while a Clarence boot is possible, there is a very plausible scenario for why Teresa gets the boot in E7. If Clarence does go in E7, Teresa will NOT go in E8 because there are bigger threats post-merge (unless there is still no merge in E8).

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrece as her "friend"...?"
Feel free to disagree--I was thinking out loud....part of my post is gone, too...grrrrr. I hate this computer.

I forgot about that whole "We still communicate" b.s....he told after her boot--I find that one hard to believe, BTW, but that is irrelevant.

My reasoning for C. not being on the list was that when she mentioned it, she mentioned Samburu members first. It is possible that C. was also booted, but as she was listing the Samburu members, his name wouldn't have come up. I wasn't offering up any facts, just questions.

How she met Teresa--well,I haven't had time to form any sort of opinion on the next couple of weeks. I still feel like the merge is this week...and if so, C. still seems to be the biggest threat. If he wins, immunity, though, then all bets are off. T. could very easily be the next one off, since Frank is her only real ally.

That would solve Diane's list and the Clarence makes the merge spoiler......

I am SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!

ChipK2 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChipK2 Click to send private message to ChipK2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrece as her "friend"...?"
Don't you think Silas told Ethan about Frank's vote?
Silas knew! *grin*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrece as her "friend"...?"
It's hard to say if anyone knew who Silas was voting for when he voted for Frank.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrece as her "friend"...?"
>Boran, if they lose, would need
>to get rid of Clarence.
>If there is a merge,
>then I can't see any
>way he could stay--he is
>the most obvious threat to
>each and every one of
>them when individual immunity challenges
>become an issue.

I don't understand why people say this. The challenges are of all types. It sure didn't look like Clarence shone in either one last night, nor the puzzle challenge last week.

jenbug 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-16-01, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenbug Click to send private message to jenbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrece as her "friend"...?"
he is
>the most obvious threat to
>each and every one of
>them when individual immunity challenges
>become an issue.
I don't understand why people say this. The challenges are of all types. It sure didn't look like Clarence shone in either one last night, nor the puzzle challenge last week.

That is an excellent point. Colby went on an immunity run of course, but not all of that was based on strength. He was bright and quick as well. I can't see Clarence being able to win the diverse challenges that Colby did.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Would she ever refer to Clanrece as her "friend"...?"
Colby may have been many things, but bright wasn't one of them.

However, if there has ever been anyone on Survivor who in theory has the skills to win a variety of challenges - stength, endurance, trivia, etc. it would definitely have to be Ethan.

CatM 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CatM Click to send private message to CatM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying"
So far it seems more than coincidence that all her friends are people who were booted out relatively early.

Could you possibly repost the list? Was Linda on the list? Because Linda did not go with Diane on the safari.

As for Clarence not being on the list yet being the most likely to go according to some:

1. If they merge in Ep. 7, Clarence has the possibility of winning individual immunity. He's strong and it could happen.

2. If they do not merge and do not know when they will merge, Clarence might be considered more of an asset than Theresa because of his strength.

If Boran boots Clarence the only men they have are Frank and Ethan against Tom and Lex and Brandon (although they probably know by now that Brandon is not strong). Tom and Lex are both fairly strong. But then you pit the women -- Teresa and MamaKim against Kelly and KimP or Brandon. Strengthwise, Teresa and MamaKim don't stand a chance.

Pre-merge they NEED Clarence.

CatM.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying"
I think this is, perhaps, why MB has chosen to keep quiet the talk about when the merge will take place. I think he's counting on people 'knowing' that if the merge takes place as usual, then Clarence is toast. So, why not implement a measure of doubt and create much discussion by leaving the question of when-is-the-merge up in the air?

This way, people are talking about 'what-if?' and it keeps the Borans guessing as well trying to figure out who they should boot out next. It makes the show less predictable who they're booting and Diane's Friends is very convenient to help feed the flames of the discussion now taking place in relation to the merge.

I believe that if Clarence gets booted in ep.7 and then Teresa in ep.8, it would satisfy the Diane's Friends spoiler - but of course, if there's a merge taking place in ep.8, how would Teresa get booted instead of a big immunity threat? She would have to do something like get overheard by Frank (or a Boran) that she might want to team up with KimP and Brandon for a better chance of staying in the game than to get herself & Frank pagonged early. If that scenario plays out, then Lex/Ethan/Tom/Kelly/Kim would really have no choice but remove a fence-straddling person than to risk the distinct possibility of getting outnumbered later (LET+K have to worry about the chance of MamaKim making friends with Teresa and Frank). I agree, it's not very likely... but we can't close our minds to any possible options.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

11-16-01, 01:20 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying"
>I believe that if Clarence gets
>booted in ep.7 and then
>Teresa in ep.8, it would
>satisfy the Diane's Friends spoiler

You are the second person today to make this remark. I do NOT get it. Unless you are arguing for a reduced jury, E8 would be too late to meet Diane. The E8 boot will be the first juror and will be sequestored from Diane. So if there is a 7 person jury and Teresa is not booted in E7, the list was NOT a complete spoiler. It would mean Diane had to get to know Teresa some other was (post-game party or something). But the E7 boot is the LAST person Diane will get to know in Africa before the show stops taping.

A side point, the fact that Linda is on Diane's list but did not go on safari does NOT diminish its reliability. There were quite a few days between Linda's boot and the start of the safari. It would have been during this time Diane got to know Linda.

I also agree that if there is a merge in E7, Teresa is safe. There are just too many other targets more important. The only scenario for a Teresa departure in E7 that seems reasonable to me (and has been pointed out by me and others) is that there is no merge in E7, Boran goes to TC and fears no merge in E8, and boots Teresa as the weaker non-old Boran person (needing Frank for chores and challenges and needing Clarence to avoid the possibility of Frank and Teresa getting the upper hand).

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-01 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

I have never bought into the theory that you have to get to know someone before the merge and/or jury sequestering in order to qualify as a spoiler. People will have had time to get to know each other AFTER the final day -- all it takes is a hour to bump into someone you haven't had a chance to get to know and talk up a storm... and you can become friends quickly with someone. I take back what I said earlier about the "satisfying the Diane's Friends theory" comment.

Yes, it is very interesting that most of the bootees were named by Diane, but I note that she ran off the names Carl, Teresa, Linda, Lindsey and Silas -- which is not in order of booting -- and didn't mention Jessie with whom she went on safari with along with Carl that we know of. She ended that line by saying "... and even Clarence!" but didn't mention Jessie or any of the other Borans, which as others suggested was because she may have been cut off in the chat.

My feeling is that if Diane was unintentionally giving away the list of bootees... why not mention Jessie? She went on safari with Jessie. I can't see her getting along more friendly with Lindsey and Silas on shorter notice than with Jessie, with whom she would have spent more time with.

Here's the link from Diane's chat as reported here on the boards...
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1604.shtml#4

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

11-16-01, 02:23 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying"
Pepe--

Let me say that I agree it is possible to become friends some other way. You "retracted" your statement about it satisfying the spoiler, so one of my main points you seem to agree with. If Teresa does not go in E7, Diane's list was not a "complete" spoiler because she would have gotten to know Teresa post-production. So I think we agree on that.

You say that you do not need to be a pre-merge boot for Diane to get to know you. I certainly agree with that. But you should acknowledge that it certainly helps.

Now lets examine the quote more fully:

---------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION:
My favorite was Ethan, can you give us your impressoins of him, or any of your fellow tribemates?
ANSWER:
I thought Ethan was a sweetie and we actually keep in touch by email and I keep in touch with most of the other tribe by e-mial and by phone.

And some of the other tribe too, like Carl and Theresa, Linda, Lindsey, and Silas... I guess I keep in touch with pretty much most of them... and even Clarence!
----------------------------------------------------------------

OK--why did she mention Ethan first--obviously because the person asking the question specifically ASKED about Ethan. So that would explain that comment. She also mentioned Clarence because the interview was right after the episode aired and their issues were the focus of the episode. It would be natural to clarify that they "made up" and still communicate.

What is critical to me is that she was asked about her fellow tribemates, but after addressing Ethan and a general comment about her tribe, she went straight to talking about the OTHER tribe. This always seemed strange, but after the twist it became clear. She mentioned the other tribe because she actually got to know them better than her own tribe. She did not mention Jessie because she made a blanket comment about communicating with her own tribe so--other than clarifying that she and Clarence made up--there was no point listing anyone else. She also may have just not gotten that close to Jessie even though they spent a lot of time together (or maybe because they spent so much time together and were just very different people).

But Diane did not list Frank, KimP or Brandon. Of course it is possible she just never hit it off with them for one reason or another but managed to click with Teresa. I think I acknowledged this point in my prior post. I do not think Diane's list MUST be correct. It is just somewhat interesting that it has been a reliable spoiler up until now and only needs one more episode to be vitually perfect as a pre-jury list.

The fact that she did not list them in the boot order is completely irrelevant to me. She spent a lot of time with them and got to know them as people, not as boot order people.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Diane's Friends Keep Dying"
I'm 100% with you on this. The only other point I'd like to bring up is that an ep. 8 merge might be nice in MB's eye because the merged tribe is made up entirely of the final two and jury.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •