The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-07-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
Note to readers/fans/stalkers: This is my weekly Diva rant, similar to the popular and critically praised 'Gay Survivor Journal.' It is an exclusive to the RealityTVWorld American Idol board.
Please note that my opinions are based solely on image, style and originality, not on voice. Some of the biggest selling recording artists of all time couldn't sing for crap. A short list of Stars with marginal vocal talent would include: Cher, Bette Midler, Britney Spears, Enrique Iglesias, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Kylie Minogue... the list goes on and on. What they had was Star Quality... so what I am looking for is a DIVA (male or female) with that X-factor.

Gay Idol Journal – Bee Gees Edition
This Week's Diva Rankings

I would like to preface this by saying that I really had a difficult time choosing Diva of the Week, as none of the remaining contestants were truly worthy. I settled the score by comparing each of the contestants’ best performances, and ignoring their worst. Some will say my choice of Clay was biased, noting my recent article: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/152.shtml
If I am biased, well so be it. I never freaking claimed to be unbiased, now did I?

1. Clay Aiken
Diva of the Week.

Clay wins the Diva Tiara this week (for the first time) for his performance of ‘To Love Somebody.’ This was perhaps the best we’ve ever seen him (and that’s not even factoring in his gloriously effortless vocal performance.) He strode onto the stage looking confident and smooth in his black fitted suit, black dress shirt, and a gorgeous royal blue silk tie that was absolutely perfect for his coloring. I couldn’t have picked a better look for him had I done it myself.

Counter-balancing this Diva effort was his embarrassing rendition of ‘Grease.’ I appreciate his efforts to mock himself and his image, but this simply went too far. In fact, his hip-swiveling mock-sexy performance reminded me of Justin Guarini’s version of P.Y.T. last season. (Trust me, those who may have missed it, it wasn’t pretty.) And he earns a Fashion Citation for his silly retro ensemble: red leather jacket, white T-shirt, fitted jeans, and red suede tennis shoes. (On the other hand, swap the white T for a white bustier, and throw in some random points and kicks, and this would have been a quintessential Kim Caldwell Diva appearance.)

Also, I am compelled to offer him an Attitude Adjustment for his shameless vote-begging. A Diva doesn’t beg for ANYTHING. A Diva has audiences begging for him!

2. Kimberly Locke
Runner-Up Diva of the Week

Kim slips into the number two spot, too bland to award Diva of the Week, but too unobjectionable to place below the other two losers. Usually, her laid-back style strikes me as classy and mature. This week, she came off as dull and low-energy. Sorry, K.Lo fans, I’m just calling it as I see it.

Her best look was for her version of ‘I Just Wanna Be Your Everything,’ where she wore her trademark black slacks (no camel-toe this time, thank the Lord) a very well fitted black dress shirt (untucked) and high-heeled black leather boots. She looked deliciously curvy in his outfit, and her slightly relaxed hairstyle was feminine and refreshing.

Less successful was her downright frumpy appearance for ‘Emotion.’ In a gauzy, asymmetrical peasant skirt (looking like something Stevie Nicks might reject) a grommeted belt, a tight cleavage-baring knit blouse, and a plain denim overshirt, she simply wasn’t radiating Diva. This would be something she should wear to Sizzler for their all-you-can-eat shrimp special. Not on stage in front of millions.

On a side note, Kim’s backup singers blatantly out-sung her in the second song. A Diva simply wouldn’t allow this. A backup singer that out-sings Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston is fired on the spot. Either sing out, Kim, or insist that the backup singers pipe down.

3. Joshua Gracin
Josh reaches his highest place on the Diva Rankings this week, simply because all the better people have been eliminated. Both of his numbers this week were somewhat hit and miss.

For ‘Jive Talking’ he made the most of what he has, image-wise, in black slacks, a shiny black dress shirt, and boots. The oversized dog-tag necklace was a bit much, but I’m quibbling. All-in-all, this outfit was perhaps his most successful to date. What killed this song for me was his frenetic gesturing and prancing, the come-hither finger wave, the incessant Kim Caldwell Patented Upward Pointing, and the sheer and utter desperation of it all.

His second number, ‘To Love Somebody,’ was better physically, but the outfit had to go. In a lace-up tan peasant blouse, black jeans, and brown boots, he looked downright lame. (And what’s with the pit-stains? I know heavy people sweat more, but use some antiperspirant, Josh!)

Also, I must offer him a Diva Deduction for choosing to sing ‘To Love Somebody,’ knowing that Clay had done the same. And Diva knows you never sing someone else’s song… unless you can do it better. Josh, I’m afraid, made a noble effort, but simply couldn’t sing the song as well as Clay. A fatal error, I’m afraid.

Finally, another Attitude Adjustment for Josh this week. Perhaps responding to criticism last week that he was too bitchy and negative, this week he chose every opportunity to blatantly brown-nose the audience. His plea for votes was transparent and disingenuous. As I said earlier about Clay, a Diva does not need to beg for ANYTHING, especially not popularity.

4. Ruben Studdard
At the bottom of the heap this week is Ruben, with not one but two Fashion Citations.

For ‘Nights on Broadway’ he wore what looked like denim pajamas, accessorized with brown and white stitching and brown pointy boots. Need I say more?

For ‘How Can You Mend a Broken Heart’ he showed up in a striped short sleeved dress shirt, tan cap, and blasted jeans, looking more like a chain-gang prisoner (or a train conductor) than a star.

Fashion disses aside, I must offer Ruben some props this week for an improvement in his performance style. In the past he has been guilty of grinning foolishly through serious songs, thus seeming like he has no idea what the lyrics are about. This week, for ‘Broken Heart,’ he resisted the urge to grin, and appeared to really feel the emotions of the lyrics. Perhaps because of this, his voice sounded smoother and lovelier than ever. Nice improvement, Ruben!

Week 1-9 Ratings/Averages
1. Clay (8,2,3,5,5,4,2,2,1) 3.6
2. Kim L. (10,4,9,7,3,1,3,3,2) 4.7
3. Ruben (9,7,6,4,4,5,5,5,4) 5.4
4. Joshua (7,8,8,8,8,6,6,4,3) 6.4

RIP
Trenyce (1,1,5,3,2,2,1,1) 2.0
Carmen (6,5,2,2,6,7,4) 4.6
Kim C. (4,3,1,1,1,3) 2.2
Ricky (5,6,7,6,7) 6.2
Corey (12,11,10,9) 10.5
Julia (3,10,4) 5.7
Charles (11,9) 10.0
Vanessa (2) 2.0

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... Devious Weasel 05-07-03 1
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... L82LIFE 05-07-03 2
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... katem 05-07-03 3
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... Schnookie Palookie 05-07-03 4
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... PrettyInPink 05-07-03 5
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... drawde236 05-07-03 6
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... GeorgiaBelle 05-07-03 7
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... dangerkitty 05-07-03 8
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... Connie E 05-08-03 9
   RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... tig_ger 05-08-03 11
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... Bebo 05-08-03 10
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDI... sea0tter12 05-08-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-03 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

> And he earns a Fashion Citation for his silly retro ensemble: red leather jacket,

I turned to Mrs. Weasel when Clay came out in this and told her I wondered if Michael Jackson knew his jacket was missing...

Edited to add: Another great post, by the way...

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
*bowing before the master*

We are SO not worthy!

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-07-03, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"

>2. Kimberly Locke. Runner-Up Diva of the Week
>Less successful was her downright frumpy
>appearance for ‘Emotion.’ In
>a gauzy, asymmetrical peasant skirt
>(looking like something Stevie Nicks
>might reject) a grommeted belt,
>a tight cleavage-baring knit blouse,
>and a plain denim overshirt,
>she simply wasn’t radiating Diva.
> This would be something
>she should wear to Sizzler
>for their all-you-can-eat shrimp special.
> Not on stage in
>front of millions.

LMAO !!!!! Excellent, as usual sugar

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
What killed this song for me was his frenetic gesturing and prancing, the come-hither finger wave, the incessant Kim Caldwell Patented Upward Pointing, and the sheer and utter desperation of it all.

LOL

I.Heart.Larry

PrettyInPink 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-07-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrettyInPink Click to send private message to PrettyInPink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
LOL, Larry! We both posted at almost the same time (me on the Idol Critique List 2.9), and we both said the same thing about Clay's "Dueling Outfits"! Love your whole analysis!

"His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!!"

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-07-03, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
Larry, you already have me staring at Clay's feet everytime he comes on, but I cannot bear to look for Camel toes. It is too much to bear. Another wonderful review, although if Kim goes tonight, I shudder to think of next week's show. Let's see, who will win Diva of the Week, Clay, Josh, or Ruben. Let's think awhile on this one.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-07-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
His second number, ‘To Love Somebody,’ was better physically, but the outfit had to go. In a lace-up tan peasant blouse, black jeans, and brown boots, he looked downright lame. (And what’s with the pit-stains? I know heavy people sweat more, but use some antiperspirant, Josh!)

I noticed this myself.

Larry, you are awesome. Thanks for providing my daily laugh. To heck with *hearting* you I just simply adore you and your work

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-07-03, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
Ah, I love the Journal! Larry, I have neglected praising you this season, both here and for the Survivor Journal - let me make up for that now by saying that I read every word and love them all. And nothing makes me smile like opening the board and seeing that the latest Journal has been posted!

Now, about Clay's first outfit- yes, it was fantastic. And when I saw him in it, my first thought was "hey, that's just what Larry has been suggesting! That shot of color!" I felt sure he would win DOW and I'm so glad he did. Are you SURE you didn't have something to do with this? I notice your coy remark "I couldn’t have picked a better look for him had I done it myself." Hmmmmmmm............

Love it all!!

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-08-03, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Connie%20E Click to send private message to Connie%20E Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-03 AT 09:44 AM (EST)

Wonderful, Larry, thanks! Come on and 'fess up now...you've become Clay's fashion consultant, haven't you??? He couldn't have made this much improvement without a little help from the Master himself!!

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-08-03, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
Come on and 'fess up now...you've become Clay's fashion consultant, haven't you???

Connie E,
I thought the EXACT same thing until I saw Clay's second little ensemble for the Grease number. I wasn't about to credit Larry with that! Didn't he look great for the first song though?

I love Ruben, but was I the only one who thought Ruben's attire for his second performance made him look like a giant barcode? I mean, I get that he should wear vertical stripes, but black and white??? And so much white?? I saw him and all I could picture was someone yelling "Forklift!" at Costco or Sam's Club? I mean, boy can sing, his hats are nice, but why doesn't he wear a nice suit? Or even re-wear some of his outfits when he first decided to forego the 205 jersey uniform routine?

A Kyngsladye Original

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-03, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
* hugs *

Since I turn into a broken record singing your praises, m'dear, I'll just hug.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

sea0tter12 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-08-03, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sea0tter12 Click to send private message to sea0tter12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - BEE GEES EDITION"
OK, I agree about Clay's second outfit, but I thought it was fun and it made me smile. I positively hooted when he came out in the dork turned red pimp get-up... It's being able to have fun and make fun of himself that makes me absolutely adore Clay from week to week!

I have my own little world. But it's OK ... they know me here.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •