The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"On the next Survivor..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"On the next Survivor..."
Ep 7 preview from the CBS site:

*One tribe member, not fully trusted due to an early mistake, makes a critical deal will another. Will this person stay true to the promise?

*Another tribe member feels more comfortable amongst the animals than amongst the people. Will the people vote against him?

*And the question on the minds of the ten remaining Survivors: When will the tribes merge into one? And most importantly, how will the change in the game (from tribe against tribe to individual against individual) affect the dynamics between them?

Well, the first hint has to refer to Clarence. I can't see the old Borans feeling the need to make a deal with him, so that leaves Frank and T. Will he stay true? He'd better, or he's toast.

S2D

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: On the next Survivor... zzz 11-16-01 1
   RE: On the next Survivor... southgal1 11-16-01 2
   RE: On the next Survivor... ChipK2 11-16-01 3
       RE: On the next Survivor... jenbug 11-16-01 4
   RE: On the next Survivor... simone 11-18-01 8
 Frank/Theresa/Kim/Brandon still hav... Seyz 11-17-01 5
   RE: Frank/Theresa/Kim/Brandon still... katem 11-19-01 12
 RE: On the next Survivor... Serendipity 11-17-01 6
   RE: On the next Survivor... Lockescythe 11-17-01 7
   RE: On the next Survivor... PepeLePew13 11-19-01 9
 If Clarence has a brain in his head... anotherkim 11-19-01 10
   RE: If Clarence has a brain in his ... zzz 11-19-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-01, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: On the next Survivor..."
>*One tribe member, not fully trusted
>due to an early mistake,
>makes a critical deal will
>another. Will this person stay
>true to the promise?

Wow--this MUST refer to Clarence. There is not anyone else I could possibly see it referring to. As far as who he makes the promise to, I just don't know. Without knowing whether there is a merge, it could be almost anyone (other than Brandon and KimP who he really does not know). If Clarence does join up with Frank and Teresa, I think he would be making a mistake because EVERYONE else would then be going against those 3. But maybe he sees it as a desparate attempt and his only chance to survive another round.

>*Another tribe member feels more comfortable
>amongst the animals than amongst
>the people. Will the people
>vote against him?

I have no idea who this is other than to point out that it is a "he" and almost certainly not Clarence. I could see it being Brandon now that Lindsey is gone, but he still has KimP. Could it be a reference to the the "sick elephant man" referred to in other previews (that most people think is Tom)? I just don't know what to make of this clue.

>*And the question on the minds
>of the ten remaining Survivors:
>When will the tribes merge
>into one? And most importantly,
>how will the change in
>the game (from tribe against
>tribe to individual against individual)
>affect the dynamics between them?
>

I have discussed this on other threads, and I just don't have the energy to do it again here. See the separate merge thread for my thoughts if you really care.

southgal1 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-16-01, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail southgal1 Click to send private message to southgal1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: On the next Survivor..."
I am intrigued by the first preview. I am in agreement that it must be Clarence. I would assume that he would make the deal with Frank and Teresa since he knows that Ethan and KimJ are in alliance together and with other members of Old Boran.

But I am also convinced due to the other threads on this board that Theresa is the one to go this week. If that is true then Clarence does not vote with Frank and Teresa because they would have a majority whoever they chose to target. So who does Clarence make a deal with?

It must be either Ethan or KimJ, so I think he will go to the leader/mother figure, KimJ. Maybe he makes a deal with her to protect her, he can win in immunity challenges and not vote her off, allowing her to ride his coat tails far into the game. This may be appealing to KimJ because of Clarence's strength and this would put her in a position of power with him. Clarence seems to be easier to manipulate/outsmart than Ethan at this point. She could hide in his shadow stringing him along until the appropriate time to dump him. I think that KimJ will be playing a Rich from S1 role, everyone will eventually see that she is running the show and then end up coming to her to be included in the ride to the final two. She can then play everyone else against each other to protect herself.

Just some thoughts, but in the short-term I am jumping on the obvious Teresa boot bandwagon, because of the Carl gufu, Diane's friends, and logic.

ChipK2 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChipK2 Click to send private message to ChipK2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: On the next Survivor..."
More comfortable with animals CAN'T be Brandon. He's hardly ever out of bed or the camp and has shown NO interest in the awesome place he's at. He's definitely more comfortable with KimP (another group hug anyone?) and has a lot of adjusting to do to get to the merge (Hi Kelly! Want a hug?)

Definitely NOT Clarence. He doesn't even like the chickens.

I doubt that it's Lex. Too much the guy in control and smoothing over problems (like when talking to brandon before the TC)

So I'd think 1) Tom or 2) Frank. Both are outdoorsmen and very comfortable with animals. Tom has said how "happy go lucky" he is. Frank has been very quite and reserved. So I'm thinking Frank. Of course maybe Tom is soooo upset that Lindsey's butt is gone that he gets depressed *grin*

jenbug 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-16-01, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenbug Click to send private message to jenbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: On the next Survivor..."
I also agree that Frank is probably the male who wants to spend time with the animals- Lex and Tom are close to each other and seem to really like the people on their tribe (though I doubt they are too crazy about Brandon). Brandon, as noted before has not shown any indication of having an independent nature. Clarence is obviously the first person being referred to in the preview, so I doubt that he is the solitary one (unless he really bonds with the chickens).
So the two left are Frank and Ethan. Both are possibilities, though I am leaning towards Frank. Ethan performed so well in the immunity challenge last week that he must feel confident within the tribe, who would get rid of Clarence before him. Frank on the other hand was undoubtedly embaressed by his poor performance. Now that Teresa is good friends with Kim P Frank is more on the outside, plus he seems like a guy who is easily irritated by others (though the GenXers would be annoying to anybody). My guess is that it is him.

simone 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-18-01, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail simone Click to send private message to simone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: On the next Survivor..."
>*One tribe member, not fully trusted
>due to an early mistake,
>makes a critical deal will
>another. Will this person stay
>true to the promise?

The previews on the Survivor site have been analyzed a lot, so I'm not sure if this has been said before. But, given Burnett's past tendency to throw out enigmatic and misleading evidence (I don't remember any specific examples, but there were a couple on S1), maybe this preview does NOT refer to Clarence. I could see it applying maybe to Brandon or Kim P. making an alliance with Lex, Tom, or Kelly. I don't trust the people who put this stuff out enough to assume the obvious - it just seems a little TOO obvious. I don't know how this would affect voting, but, taken with last episode's focus on Clarence and assuming (and granted, it is a big assumption) that Carl is talking out of his butt for some unknown reason, it could mean that Clarence is voted off if there is no merge and Boron loses immunity or things go crazy in Samburu if they lose immunity:
1) Brandon or Lil Kim allies with Lex (or maybe Tom) and vote off Kelly (the asumption being that where the one member of GXA goes, the other follows).
2) Brandon or Lil Kim allies with Kelly and together vote off Lex (unlikely) or Tom (more likely) (same assumption as in #1).
3) Lil Kim allies with the Borons and votes off Brandon (I still see this as pretty unlikely, but if they lose immunity again, her back's against the wall, especially if Brandon seems to bond with the others).

If a merge does happen when it should, it could mean that the Borons-turned-Samburu protect the remnants of the GXA at Theresa, Frank, or Clarence's expense.

Am very much looking forward to Thursday, more so than last week, as Lindsay seemed pretty well doomed. I also kind of think that there will be a merge and that JP's speech to Boron was just to scare them a little, because he didn't say anything like it to Samburu (as far as I remember - I could be wrong).

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-17-01, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Frank/Theresa/Kim/Brandon still have a shot...."
Perhaps we've all been too fooled by editing. Remember... Frank, Theresa confessed to liking Kim and Brandon the MOST out of the GenX. In Survivor Insider.. Frank even said that he was trying to get KimP to align with him and Theresa.
All said.. perhaps Sambaru ties aren't that weak either.
I truly believe that there will be a merger next week.
The preview practically says "And most importantly, how will the change in the game (from tribe against tribe to individual against individual) affect the dynamics between them?" meaning that a merge is very likely.
Say IF the ex-Sambaru suddenly realizes the predicament they're in.. they might regroup. After all.. I think Theresa is closer to KimP and Brandon to Ethan/Clarence or even MamaKim.
And Frank isn't stupid to realize that they're sitting ducks right now.
If that's the case then.. it would definitely be Ex-Sambarus versus Ex-Borans.
Now... that's where the:
*One tribe member, not fully trusted due to an early mistake, makes a critical deal will another. Will this person stay true to the promise?
comes in.
If Clarence DOES switch to the ex-Sambarus and presuming there IS a merge. Then who goes?
Assuming that Clarence can pull it off and trick the Ex-Borans that he'll vote with them (and that they Ex-Borans decide not to vote for Clarence), the Ex-Sambarus+Clarence can vote for Tom of the Ex-Borans and WIN. Since all the Ex-Sambarus have no votes against them.. they can relatively easily win a tie.
But.. that is Assuming:
1) There is a merge.
2) THeresa,Frank,Brandon and Kim realizes they have to stick together.
3) Clarence defects
4) Ex-Borans decide to vote for an Ex-Sambaru Member instead of Clarence

Lots of assumptions.. but possible....

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-19-01, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Frank/Theresa/Kim/Brandon still have a shot...."
You are correct, it is a lot of speculation. BUT, it is not such a crazy thought. I seems quite possible.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-01, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: On the next Survivor..."
Okay, I think the first clue points to Clarence, and I think he's worried that his a$$ is on the line so he makes a deal with Ethan. I don't know whether he approaches Ethan or vice versa - Ethan could tell him if he doesn't stick with the Borans, the others in the tribe will get him first when they merge.

But it could be Frank. He made mistakes - acting too bossy, talking so loudly that Lindsey overheard alliance info, trying to get KimP to break away from her alliance......

Frank might realize that the Borans are pretty close and that they will be targeting a Samburu. He might make the deal to sacrifice Theresa so that he can stay. His little thank you speech after the chicken dinner made me feel he really wants to stay and not just for the money.

The second one could be Tom although I don't think it's a true statement. Tom is very comfortable with people, but he is a goat farmer by trade - thus the comfort with animals remark. Tom was also having trouble eating in the beginning, but he had good water to sustain him. Now he's back to boiling. If it's true that Lindsey has to go to the hospital for stomach parasites or whatever, the same kind of thing could be happening to Tom. It could just as easily be Frank because he's a hunter, but would also be false because this man sure loves his family.

Lockescythe 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-17-01, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lockescythe Click to send private message to Lockescythe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: On the next Survivor..."
*Another tribe member feels more comfortable amongst the animals than amongst the people. Will the people vote against him?

That just screams frank. Before actually seeing him on survivor he reminded me of this guy at my amp named steve who was a nature lover at heart.

I could see this being frank.If not him then tom but even that is doubtful.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-01, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: On the next Survivor..."

>But it could be Frank. He made mistakes - acting too
>bossy, talking so loudly that Lindsey overheard alliance
>info, trying to get KimP to break away from her alliance...

Good point -- I'm in agreement that it could be Frank who is the one being talked about here. Naturally, my first instinct was Clarence but I've learned to always look at the second or third possibility in any situation (thanks, MB). If it's Frank, then the "early mistake" is likely the alienating of all of the younger ones right on the very first day with his overbearingness and/or his blatant alliance-gathering a few days later.

I think that most people are probably going to be correct with the Clarence opinion, but I think this is a very valid point to keep Frank in mind here.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-01, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "If Clarence has a brain in his head........m"
he'll be working Frank and Teresa non-stop.

Frank and Teresa know that Samburu is at a numerical disadvantage and once they see Lindsey is gone, that will soldify their need to hook up with someone else and QUICK. I don't think they will even think of directly approaching Kim P and Brandond--too much bad blood.

Clarence knows he is on the line. He doesn't like Ethan. He thinks he and Kelly have an alliance of some sort. If he can convince Frank that the three of them plus Kelly are a force to be reckoned with, he might stand a chance. I can see where he would make darn sure that Frank and T. know how L-E-T and MamaKim are tight.

Meanwhile, back at Samboohoo, Kelly is letting Kim P and Brandon know that she will be with them post merge and she can bring Clarence with her. All of a sudden, the old Boran league is outnumbered. Kelly can be reasonably sure that Clarence will go before her and she thinks that Frank and T. have some votes against them, so she should feel pretty safe in that group. She could even cook up a sub alliance with Lil'Kim and B. It would take her farther than allgning with Clarence long term.

If there is no merge, then it is easier for Clarence. He, Frank and Teresa pick off Ethan and WHAM! It is a whole new game.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-01, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: If Clarence has a brain in his head........m"
anotherkim--

I agree with you that, if our reading of alliances is correct, Clarence and Kelly need new alliance partners. I agree with what I think you are suggesting, which is that the core alliance within old Boran is the team of Tom, Lex, Ethan and KimJ.

The problem is that I don't think Kelly or Clarence realize this. I think that Clarence thinks LET are an alliance but Kelly is with him and KimJ is a free agent that will join them. I think Kelly thinks she has a bunch of small 2 person suballiances, but does not realize that she is really only a fringe player.

You also have a problem of trust. How do you build trust between Kelly and Brandon/KimP? How do you build trust between Clarence and Frank/Teresa? I think that Kelly thinks she needs to keep old Boran strong because she thinks there are a bunch of people that will protect her. I think that Clarence thinks he can hook up again with Kelly and KimJ after the merge and this would be better than giving an advantage to Frank and Teresa because he would be the third wheel in a F/T/C alliance, whereas he thinks KimJ is the third wheel in his K/K/C alliance .

I don't think that either Kelly or Clarence have a clear enough view of what is really going on to do the right thing to save themselves in the end. I may be wrong about Kelly, but I do not think I am wrong about Clarence. He will not see the value of Frank and Teresa, and he will not make the move to them. I think KimJ is keeping him in line, and I think she will continue to do so.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •