The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-28-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal?"
I loved that column, it was seriously great.

Is he not writing it this season, at all?

Can we drag him back? We really need him!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Idol Journal? Glow 03-28-06 1
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? khern 03-28-06 2
 RE: Gay Idol Journal? tenmeters 03-28-06 3
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? priestdi 03-28-06 4
       Wrong IMO frisky 03-28-06 5
       *gasp* Breezy 03-29-06 6
           RE: *gasp* frisky 03-29-06 7
           RE: *gasp* priestdi 04-02-06 8
               RE: *gasp* Snidget 04-02-06 9
                   RE: *gasp* tenmeters 04-02-06 10
                       RE: *gasp* Snidget 04-03-06 15
                           RE: *gasp* tenmeters 04-03-06 19
                               RE: *gasp* Snidget 04-03-06 21
                                   RE: *gasp* tenmeters 04-03-06 24
                       RE: *gasp* mysticwolf 04-03-06 17
                           RE: *gasp* tenmeters 04-03-06 20
                               Simple copyright answer AyaK 04-04-06 25
                                   RE: Simple copyright answer priestdi 04-04-06 37
                                       RE: Simple copyright answer drooler 04-04-06 43
                                           RE: Simple copyright answer priestdi 04-04-06 47
                                               RE: Simple copyright answer Devious Weasel 04-04-06 51
                                                   RE: Simple copyright answer Snidget 04-06-06 56
               RE: *gasp* priestdi 04-03-06 11
 RE: Gay Idol Journal? TODDLJ 04-03-06 12
   WOO HOO!!!!!! nailbone 04-03-06 13
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? tenmeters 04-03-06 14
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? Snidget 04-03-06 16
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? dangerkitty 04-03-06 18
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? archon 04-03-06 22
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? irishrose 04-03-06 23
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? priestdi 04-04-06 26
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? Magnolia_Rocker 04-04-06 27
   *hops around* Breezy 04-04-06 28
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? aquariaqueen 04-04-06 29
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? Devious Weasel 04-04-06 30
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? Bebo 04-04-06 32
       RE: Gay Idol Journal? tenmeters 04-04-06 39
           RE: Gay Idol Journal? geg6 04-04-06 45
   Yay, Larry's here!!!!!! geg6 04-04-06 34
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? khern 04-04-06 36
   Woohoo! Coconut 04-06-06 57
       RE: Woohoo! nailbone 04-06-06 59
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? CattyChat 04-06-06 58
 RE: Gay Idol Journal? Kodi 04-04-06 31
 RE: Gay Idol Journal? Kodi 04-04-06 33
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? nailbone 04-04-06 35
       RE: Gay Idol Journal? geg6 04-04-06 38
           RE: Gay Idol Journal? priestdi 04-04-06 40
               RE: Gay Idol Journal? Snidget 04-04-06 41
                   RE: Gay Idol Journal? nailbone 04-04-06 42
                       RE: Gay Idol Journal? Snidget 04-04-06 44
                           RE: Gay Idol Journal? nailbone 04-04-06 46
                       RE: Gay Idol Journal? archon 04-05-06 52
                       RE: Gay Idol Journal? archon 04-05-06 53
                       agree totally, nailbone singer 04-06-06 54
                           RE: agree totally, nailbone Magnolia_Rocker 04-06-06 55
   RE: Gay Idol Journal? TODDLJ 04-04-06 48
       RE: Gay Idol Journal? nailbone 04-04-06 49
       RE: Gay Idol Journal? priestdi 04-04-06 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-06, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
I miss him too. I keep hopefully checking. *sigh*

khern 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail khern Click to send private message to khern Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
I want it back as well. This is the only thing I have commented on all year is the need for the Gay idol Journal.

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-28-06, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
I think TODDJ stopped doing it because he did not get the kind of response he deserved.
Towards the end of AI5, his column would get only 1 or 2 responses from you guys (not us, as i did not write during last season).
Maybe we need to show better appreciation of his contributions to this forum.
Paging TODDJ? Where are you? You are soely missed here.

03-28-06, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
well who can get word to him?

the lack of response is something I feel bad about, then. Because I religiously pasted his latest columns over onto an msn board I manage, and people then commented there instead of here.

and I didn't comment here either, dorko me.

so he did have a rather large audience he didn't know about ...

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-06, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Wrong IMO"
Larry knows we love him. The last time we heard from him he was going through a hard time and not feeling very "funny." He is missed. I hope he gets his groove back.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "*gasp*"
Did you get Larry's permission to do that?

I can see pasting a link to his column, but to copy and paste it? That was wrong, IMHO.

Please tell me you're not doing that with any of the other summaries written on this site.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: *gasp*"
Wow. How did I miss that? I missed that whole paragraph.

I agree with Breezy. That bad netiquette, dood.

Rolly made this.

04-02-06, 04:06 AM (EST)
8. "RE: *gasp*"
sorry!

I gave him full credit, and I didn't understand that it was exclusive to this site. and I did always include the link.

doesn't he like his words to be spread far and wide? I'm a professional writer, and I don't mind whether people click onto my newspaper site or some other place that copies it to read my stuff.

why does it matter, really, where people read him?

I don't get it.

isn't the byline what counts? giving the writer credit?

(and no, I don't copy any of your summaries, don't worry. we have enough of our own, lol. )

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-06, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: *gasp*"
While many people don't mind, it does violate the copyright of the author or website to copy and past the words even if you keep their name on it without the permission of the author.

Writing on the web is covered by the same laws as if it was on paper.

Most people won't ever get sued for it as there are rarely monitary damages, but it is still violates the copyright of the author.

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html has an explaination of way just because it is on the web does not mean that it is in the public domain.

Some people don't care, some people do. We had someone over on SO boards that was very upset because people were posting her stuff here and other places she did not want them posted. So even if it is posted on the web, ask the author first.

04-02-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: *gasp*"
I'd be flattered if my wrtings were given the same kind of attention as TODDJ's.
As long as i am given the proper acknowledgment, what the f- do I care?
Maybe, this( people cutting and pasting TODDJ's postings) is TODDJ's stepping stone to a better financial as well as social gain.

TODDJ, are you releasing a book or something? I may be one of the early buyers.

04-03-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: *gasp*"
I get that you only see it as a good thing that you would like to happen to your posting.

However, it isn't legal to do it to other people's words. If you want people to repost your work freely, add the "please feel free to copy as long as you keep my name on it" disclaimer on all your work.

We can't read your mind to know if you care or not. Do not assume everyone feels the same way, or the way you feel is legal.

04-03-06, 08:00 PM (EST)
19. "RE: *gasp*"
TODDJ said it was okay. so it's okay.

04-03-06, 08:08 PM (EST)
21. "RE: *gasp*"
Once they say it is OK, then it is (I can still talk in the general case, I hope even though this very specific example was resolved).

I was mostly talking about people wanting their stuff to be coppied, BTW. If you want that to happen, make sure you put the "please copy" disclaimer on your work. Otherwise some people might mistakenly follow the copyright laws when you don't want them to.

04-03-06, 09:36 PM (EST)
24. "RE: *gasp*"
got it. thanks.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-06, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: *gasp*"
Please also keep in mind that webby's income to keep this site up and running also comes, in part, from peeps visiting here, whether they register, or not. Not from reading stuff that was published here elsewhere.

Webby started this site out of pocket. Now, there is revenue generated from the volume of visitors, which goes back into the site to make/keep it a nice place for us to play. Server space, backup sites, software updates, etc. aren't free, even if mod services are.

Not only do you violate author copyright by reposting without permission, you potentially cut down the number of visitors to this site, thereby cutting the revenue that webby uses for upgrades for our benefit. Since you evidently like this site, too, maybe that's another reason why "the f-" you should care.

Perhaps now that you've developed his fan base on the other site posting the link to here will suffice.

04-03-06, 08:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: *gasp*"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-06 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

i don't have messages as meaty and as interesting as TODDJ.

but if i did and somebody cut it and pasted it, i would be more honored than 'violated'.

why don't you ask TODDJ what he thinks since he is the author of the postings we are talking about??

If it's alright with him, why shouldn't it be with you?

I guess we are in totally different pages here.

But i'd still stick to what I believe is acceptable.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Simple copyright answer"
You might be more honored than violated. But I went through a huge controversy recently because a poster from one site was having her work ripped off by a couple of other sites (not including ours, FWIW), and the battle over whether the other sites had permission to do so ended up being fought here, in large part.

On this site, we operate under the principle that each of the authors holds the copyright to everything that he or she posts here. By posting it here, the author has given us a nonexclusive license to reformat and reprint it on our news site -- but that's all the claim we have. That's consistent with copyright law in both the U.S. and EU.

Thus, if Larry posts something here and gives you permission to put it on another site, then feel free to cut-and-paste it to your heart's content.

But if you reprint it without Larry's consent, you are infringing on his copyright to the work. YOU CANNOT DO THAT, PERIOD -- IT'S AGAINST FEDERAL LAW AND EUROPEAN LAW.

Really. So please don't do it.

From past experience, I expect that Larry will be flattered if you ask to post his work elsewhere, and he will give you permission to do so. But you have to ask him first. OK?

04-04-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Simple copyright answer"
On this site, we operate under the principle that each of the authors holds the copyright to everything that he or she posts here. By posting it here, the author has given us a nonexclusive license to reformat and reprint it on our news site -- but that's all the claim we have. That's consistent with copyright law in both the U.S. and EU.

I'm not sure this actually is the law.

Did you not hear about that controversial book that a Claymate wrote about the Claymate phenomenon?

She based it extensively upon excerpts from posts and threads on Claymate websites. And her lawyer approved it. As did the publisher's lawyers, obviously. And the Claymates flipped out, they think they deserve money for it.

As journalist, I see web posts as public speech. No different than saying things out loud, in a public place. When you speak in public, you can be quoted by the media.
As long as it's an accurate quote, and it's attributed to the proper orgin, I think it's fair game to repeat other places.

This is a different issue than my original topic, reposting an entire column. That's a published work -- which also may be quoted, to a certain extent, legally. Remember writing papers in college? footnotes and bibiographies? it's totally legal to quote exerpts from published works.

drooler 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drooler Click to send private message to drooler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Simple copyright answer"
The law allows for excerpts under the fair use clause. But the copyright issue is the same as for books, magazines, etc. And this is not "public": one must register to enter, the site is moderated, there are rules of use of the site, and users can be banned for breaking the rules.

I work in book publishing. Intellectual property rights are hot issues.

04-04-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Simple copyright answer"

are you aware of the claymate book I referenced?

can you make any sense of why that was allowed into print, by their attorneys?

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Simple copyright answer"
Are you talking about The Claymate Handbook? That's the only Claymate book I can find mentioned. The Amazon write-up mentions that it talks about Clay message boards along with letters, quizzes, and other original writing. The only positive reviews given the book are from people claiming to be Claymates.

If that is the book, and the portions about message boards are just discussing the boards with sample posts, then that would fall under fair use.

04-06-06, 09:35 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Simple copyright answer"
That link I posted really goes through this all in very clear language.

They probably keep the length of the quoted material and the manner of usage in a way that fell under "fair use".

You could take some of it, to use as an example, clarify a point, etc.

You can't use someone's entire work.

Other fair use things include parody and satire which often use (but with a twist) a lot of original material. Like I couldn't write a book using someone elses set of characters and pass it off as my own if it was a straight up fiction. If I do a parody work of a genre I can use characters that are obviously lifted from something.

Most works where no one is making any money and there is no actual financial loss do not get prosecuted. However, I do think some websites have had to take down material or gotten in trouble for violating copyright issues. Many boards have a do not post copyrighted material rule to protect themselves from getting into trouble for letting members post stuff that is not theirs. This one does, some do not state it, but often the hosting company for the board has that in their terms of service.

04-03-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
11. "RE: *gasp*"
cool beans.

if he comes back and writes a new column (oh PLEASE do), I'll ask him for permission to spread it to another audience.

so back to the original topic ... anyone know how to get word to him that he's sorely missed??

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-03-06, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Wow, I'm touched that you guys remember the GIJ and are asking for it back! Now I'm all warm and tingly down there.

Yeah, my life's been pretty tough lately, but why don't I make an attempt this week to do a column for you guys and see how it goes? Hell, it's worth a try. Maybe I'll be more bitchy than previous. (Is that possible?)

Be aware though that I require and feed upon massive amounts of unabashed loving and/or seething hatred in the form of replies to my post in order to survive. No wishy-washy, namby-pamby, middle ground "it was just a'ight" responses are acceptable.

Either find what you love or find what you hate, but don't come to me with apathy, I get enough of that from my current non-boyfriend.

And if I do post, feel free to share it with others, as long as you ask first. No one here has pissed me off about that, so no worries here, as long as I'm credited I don't care.

'Love' and air-kisses,

Larry Todd Johnson

P.S.: I no longer have a website for this stuff, I let that go last year.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-06, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "WOO HOO!!!!!!"
Larry's here!!!!

And all is suddenly right with the world again.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

04-03-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
wow youre around.
welcome back

04-03-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
*swoon*

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-03-06, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Okay, this brings me out of lurkdom on the AI Board.

Larry, I miss your GIJ so much, and cannot wait to read it again! Yea, yea, yea!

You are one swell and talented guy. Glad you are here.

dangerkitty

Hi there!!

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-06, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
*bows to the artistry that is TODDLJ*

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

irishrose 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-03-06, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail irishrose Click to send private message to irishrose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
SO!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you are Back. Loved all of your Column's last year and all the Snarky Goodness. Great to have you back ;). I will be sure to share my Love for them this time around. Welcome Back!

04-04-06, 03:58 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

happy dance!

sorry you're life's been sucking.

this time I'll actually tell you how much I enjoy your writing.

yay.

and ... yeah, since I sinned last time ...

do you mind if I post it over on my msn board too?

it's mostly focused on the judges, founded by refugees from the official board right after season one ended. I'm a manager, I specialize in pissing people off by doing things like questioning simon's values and thinking paula might be a bad girl sometimes. lol.

but I try to broader their horizons with things like your wit.

yes I do.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-04-06, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Yay your back!!!! I just came out of lurk mode this season and started posting so be sure you will get two thumbs waaaaaaay up replies from me. Welcome back TODDLJ!!!!

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "*hops around*"
Yay!!!! *smooch* I missed you the most Larry. *smooch*

So excited that you're going to do the GIJ, I could pee myself.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-04-06, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Whooo HOooooooo an early present from such a gift!!!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Larry! Larry! Larry!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
*SMOOCH*

Had to pop in and give Larry a big smoochie!

04-04-06, 02:16 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

what does the blue sign by your name mean?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Far be it for me to speak for Bebo, but the blue symbol indicates that she is one of the "blue peeps" of the this site.

In other words, she's a moderator.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

04-04-06, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Yay, Larry's here!!!!!!"
*smooch, smooch, smooch*

OMH, I'm so thrilled you showed up! I've watched each week, providing an inner "Larry" commentary on some of the truly snarkable fashion choices this season because I missed you so much. But my snark cannot and does not measure up to the incomparable snark you bring us in GIJ.

If nothing else, Katherine needs you!

khern 15 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail khern Click to send private message to khern Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
I can't believe I am actually talking to you. You are my HERO. I am so excited you are going to try and bring back the GIJ. We definitely miss it. Usually I just lurk, I never really post on message boards but I have come out of the wood work only to try to coax you back to us. Thanks.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "Woohoo!"
*bows down*

*sycophantic air-kissing*

Now, please, get that Stair-Mastered ass on Mandisa 'Horizontal Stripes'Hulman's stylist, please.

Coconut: Taking the grammer police to a whole new level.

04-06-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Woohoo!"
*sycophantic ass-kissing*

Fixed it for you.

Sig by Arkie!!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-06-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Yay, you're back!!! Can't wait for your posts to begin. I give you my happy dance.

Welcome back, you are greatly adored!! *smooches*

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Kodi 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kodi Click to send private message to Kodi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Hey Guys,
I as well would love to have him back. We would sit in the office and crack up at his remarks. One more thing I would like some help in finding out. My partner told me last night that he got an email from the Advocate stating that Mandisa is outspoken and supports a Christian Group that believes that Homosexuality can be cured through the power of prayer and if this is so we need to stand together and speak out against that kind of ignorance. I will do my best to find out more tonight,but if anyone else knows anything please let us all know.. Kodi

Kodi 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kodi Click to send private message to Kodi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
s an American Idol finalist a proponent of the "ex-gay" movement?

That's what some viewers are asking following Mandisa's performance and on-camera comments during Tuesday's live show. For the episode's “Songs of the 21st Century” theme, Mandisa chose the Mary Mary gospel belter “Wanna Praise You,” preceding the song with the following introduction: "This song goes out to everybody that wants to be free. Your addiction, lifestyle, or situation may be big, but God is bigger!" In the taped segment beforehand, Mandisa said the song "means a lot to me because it's a testimony that there's nothing too hard for God."

On the American Idol Web site, the 29-year-old Mandisa, a native of Antioch, Tenn., lists author and lecturer Beth Moore as her personal American idol. Mandisa writes on the site that Moore “inspires me to live more like Jesus, and I want to do the same.”

Moore is the author of such books as Breaking Free: Making Liberty in Christ a Reality in Life, which contains the following passage: "A young Christian girl has a harsh abusive father. She grows up with a fear and distaste for men. Satan supplies a slightly older woman who seems tender and caring. The comforting relationship turns into a physical relationship, so the young woman assumes she must be homosexual. In her heart she knows what she is doing is wrong, but she feels helpless without her new comforter. Soon she starts socializing with other women who are practicing homosexuality, because they will support her new habit with the lies she needs to continue. She avoids the Bible and chooses books that advocate homosexuality. She drops all relationships except those that support the fraudulent attachment with lies.... Scary, isn't it?"

According to Moore's Web site, she founded the Living Proof Ministries in 1994 with the purpose of teaching women how to love and live on God's Word. Part of Living Proof Ministries' mission statement includes the statement “We believe that 'Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners' and can fully redeem and powerfully use even those who consider they have been the worst.” (1 Timothy 1:15). She also provides links to "ex-gay" groups including Exodus International and Exodus Youth.

Idol representatives told The Advocate they don't comment on the personal lives of contestants. (Neal Broverman, The Advocate)

Heads up Guys!!!!!! I don't think this is the kind of American Idle that America needs this day in age.

04-04-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Prove it. show me a quote from Mandisa and then we'll talk.

Otherwise, you're making a generalization based on incomplete data.

Sig by Arkie!!

04-04-06, 01:54 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 01:56 PM (EST)

Not to provoke, Boner. Really.

But her little comment about "lifestyles" during her intro to her song last week sorta makes this pretty believable. I was quite taken aback when she said it because I am well aware of what the word "lifestyle" is code for in certain intolerant circles.

I was not a fan to begin with, but that comment made me say to myself that I would never, ever, ever vote for her.

04-04-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"

so .. what was her comment? I totally missed it.

04-04-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
it may be posted up there but here it is again I don't recall the quote exactly, so I'm just going by what was posed on a few other sites.

"This song goes out to everyone who wants to be free! Your addiction, your lifestyle, your situation may be big. But God is bigger."

04-04-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
but can't "lifestyle" also refer to drugs, alcoholism, and other stuff? That's what I mean. It sounds like a generalization. It may be true, but I think there should be more than that before spreading this stuff around and screwing up her chances on AI.

Sig by Arkie!!

04-04-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Yep, it is hard to know based on just that statement what exactly she means by lifestyle. But it parses as if she means something other than addictions.

Unfortunately it is a word that is used as "code" or appears to be used as "code" a lot of times by people trying to fire up the right-wing religious voters. I do not have a specific example, but that whole being gay is just a lifestyle choice, don't tell me God made you that way style of rhetoric (not my belief, just an example. Put the flame thower down and back away quietly, thanks)

They could be stretching things, but it is one of those things one probably should have re-worded so that one couldn't be mistaken.

With the vaguely anti-gay vibe people get from the show, particularly with the judges comments with some of the auditions I could see someone trying to stretch this into more than it may be. It is like the pump is already primed for people to see things this way.

04-04-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
True enough. There have been a lot of comments on the gayness/anti-gayness of the show and it's "characters".

Sig by Arkie!!

04-05-06, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Thats exactly how I took it. The homosexual reference did not even enter my head. And I am about as right-wing as you are likely to find on this board...

First she gets slammed for her Christianity, then gets slammed for being a homo-phobe? Please... Can we get past this nonsense and just concentrate on the bad singing?

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

04-05-06, 09:18 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
Thats exactly how I took it. The homosexual reference did not even enter my head. And I am about as right-wing as you are likely to find on this board...

First she gets slammed for her Christianity, then gets slammed for being a homo-phobe? Please... Can we get past this nonsense and just concentrate on the bad singing?

Archon

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-06-06, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "agree totally, nailbone"
but can't "lifestyle" also refer to drugs, alcoholism, and other
stuff? That's what I mean..."

I completely missed her comment, but upon reading it, the first thing that came to my mind was drugs or booze or being in a gang or something like that.

--Singer

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-06-06, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: agree totally, nailbone"
To me that's what the "addictions" she said before "lifestyles" would allude to. Why say both if they are for the same thing? Just saying.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-04-06, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
I'm not sure if you guys wanted my opinion on this... but since this WAS a thread about me, I'm going to offer it anyway!

I BELIEVE the spoken part before the song is actually on the recording of the song... and Mandisa chose to say it as the original artist did. Sure she could have left it off or re-written it... but she didn't write these words, and may well not be aware that 'lifestyle' is DEFINITELY code for 'gay' among the severely-right-wing crowd. (Please don't argue with me about this... any fundamentalist or anyone who has come in contact with one will tell you by 'lifestyle' they mean 'gay lifestyle.')

I don't think we have enough evidence to say Mandisa herself is a Homophobe. The songwriter likely is, and Mandisa picked this song. Mandisa also loves the work of Beth Moore, who is clearly anti-gay. So there is some pretty damning evidence... but no hard proof.

But... from my perspective... I think it's pretty clear Mandisa's not a Fag Hag at this point. And since that was the role I was envisioning for her in my life, I no longer have a use for her at this point.

04-04-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
So there is some pretty damning evidence... but no hard proof.

Thaks. That's what I was trying to get at.

But... from my perspective... I think it's pretty clear Mandisa's not a Fag Hag at this point. And since that was the role I was envisioning for her in my life, I no longer have a use for her at this point.

That? made me spit on my monitor. Thank goodness it's just water.

Damn it's good to have you back!

Sig by Arkie!!

04-04-06, 05:29 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Gay Idol Journal?"
lmao. thanks, that actually was quite helpful.

for me, anyway.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •