The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-04, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
As reported here on Fox 2 there is a scandal brewing with AI and power voters. The show admitted that there is a problem with “power voters”, people who have speed dialers and/or fast internet connections. These people have clogged the phone line and are affecting people who want to vote but can’t get through. They have no plans in changing the voting system for the current AI but in the future are looking at only allowing one vote per phone line or person some how.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... thetick 05-17-04 1
   or.... zombiebaby 05-17-04 2
 RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... bacon 05-17-04 3
   RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... lapinguina4 05-17-04 4
       RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... survivorscott 05-17-04 8
 RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... Breezy 05-17-04 5
   RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... lapinguina4 05-17-04 6
   RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... wildchickenhunter 05-19-04 14
       *whack* Breezy 05-19-04 15
 RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... nailbone 05-17-04 7
 RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... survivorscott 05-17-04 9
 So, text message. ulalame 05-18-04 10
   RE: So, text message. okaychatt 05-18-04 11
       RE: So, text message. cynthiarose 01-15-05 19
 RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... mishelelise 05-19-04 12
   RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... survivorscott 05-19-04 13
 RE: Power Voter Scandal reported he... moonlighting 01-04-05 17
   Please don't duplicate posts Bebo 01-05-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-17-04, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thetick Click to send private message to thetick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
pish

I saw the same story on my local Fox affiliate in NC so it was apparently a Fox national story fed down to the affiliates. I was not impressed as it seemed mostly puff, full of empty platitudes while actually promising nothing in the way of action.

i saw it as a ploy on Fox's part to buy a little time to just get this debacle of a season over with

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "or...."
just more free publicity to promote the show. Nothing says tune in like a brewing scandal.

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

"You don't need pants for the victory dance"

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-17-04, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
You never see any complaints about this happening whenever someone that the majority of the audience dislikes gets voted off. Only when someone who's considered "talented" gets thrown off does this topic come up. What I'm trying to say is that it shouldn't be fair for any contestant, and it should be brought up with each week. I gurantee you if Jasmine is voted out next week that not one damn person will complain about the fast dial-ups then.

lapinguina4 295 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lapinguina4 Click to send private message to lapinguina4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
they should have the system that you vote people off instead of voting people on.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-17-04, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
Whats to stop power voters from voting off good people to keep the bad ones around?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
Power voting has been around since season 1. There was a big hubbub about it when Nikki kept sticking around.

I'm more scared about the Detroit thing, please tell me you're not a Lion fan.

lapinguina4 295 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lapinguina4 Click to send private message to lapinguina4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
i didn't watch the first season, but if they plan on having season four they need to do something to change the voting system.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-19-04, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
There was a big hubbub about it when Nikki kept sticking around.

John Stevens changed his name to Nikki?

I hadn't heard about that.

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "*whack*"
No silly WCH! Nikki was the red/pink haired being that hung on way past her time in season 1.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
According to a report on the Today Show this morning, some of those "power voters" are Internet gamblers tying up lines, etc.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

05-17-04, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
How does tieng up the line for jasmin prevent you from voting for Latoya?

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-18-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "So, text message."
There is never any problem voting via text messaging. Anyone frustrated with the phone line situation just needs to readjust their thinking and vote that way in the future.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-18-04, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So, text message."
<vote that way in the future.

1. Don't have text message feature.

2. Refuse to pay to vote.

cynthiarose 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-15-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cynthiarose Click to send private message to cynthiarose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: So, text message."
Why would anyone want to pay to vote?

mishelelise 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-19-04, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mishelelise Click to send private message to mishelelise Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
I think we should all be allowed to vote for the person we want voted OFF, that would solve the problem, don't you think?

05-19-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
see reply #8

moonlighting 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-04-05, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonlighting Click to send private message to moonlighting Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Power Voter Scandal reported here in Detroit…"
I found a way everyone can compete with the power voters.
Here's a link to the web page.
http://www.speedydialer.com/contests.html

Tigerdirect has it listed for 299.

At least I won't have to sit around and waste my time this year and I won't need to put a splint on my finger on Wednesday's.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Please don't duplicate posts"
Please take a moment to read the community guidelines. We don't approve of multiple posts of the same information. You made the identical post on the other forum.

Please get involved in the discussions, but by adding something new, not just saying the same thing over and over.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •