The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lindsay can't be going"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-14-01, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lindsay can't be going"
It seems like Lindsay is the overwhelming favorite to be eliminated this week from the survivorblows poll. I have also noticed that when everyone thinks a person is going to be eliminated in this game, that person is almost never actually eliminated. Therefore, Lindsay must be staying

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lindsey can be going zzz 11-14-01 1
 TOO MANY INGENUES Rose Red 11-14-01 2
   RE: TOO MANY INGENUES Loree 11-14-01 7
 RE: Lindsay can't be going PagongRatEater 11-14-01 3
   RE: Lindsay can't be going esquire 11-14-01 4
       RE: Lindsay can't be going PagongRatEater 11-14-01 5
       RE: Lindsay can't be going zzz 11-14-01 6
 Oops esquire 11-16-01 8
   RE: Oops zzz 11-16-01 9
 RE: Lindsay can't be going esquire 11-22-01 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-14-01, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lindsey can be going"
esquire--

As you may know, I am with you on the vote for Teresa to go. I think there are good arguments for Teresa to go, but I admit there are probably even more powerful arguments that Lindsey goes.

It was the overwhelming choice of the board that Diane would be booted and that Linda would be booted in the episodes in which they got their respective walking papers. The board is often correct, so your premise is flawed.

It can be Lindsey and it very well may be Lindsey. While I still hold out hope for Teresa, Lindsey chances look pretty bad.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-14-01, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "TOO MANY INGENUES"
I totally agree. It's a question of there's too many ingenues on Sambooboo right now. And the majority ingenues are going to convince the new Boss, Brandon, to target Kelly as the weakest link. They may realize they need Lex's and Tom's strength, and the "most intense tribal council ever" indicates a tiebreaker- betrayal of some sort and the Sam-ettes fit that description because they are an even number,six, whereas the Boron are at five. An uneven number would just be a straight vote and then it's over. Unless Ethan loses HIS marbles, too, this week, worrying himself to death about the possilby delayed merge.
Brandon and his back-up girls may try to enlist Kelly and find they can't.
And I'm afraid Lex & co. are going to make the fatal mistake and target Brandon when it's the Linzer Tart who has the GI-NORMOUS amount of vote baggage. Then Brandon and Kelly quiz off in the something like a triple or quadruple tie-breaker. Maybe the longest ever.
One way to tell if this is the scenario is how quickly they speed through the RC at the beginning. If they have ANOTHER nasty food challenge, and Kim P.s grimace in the Vid Caps indicates that is the case, and Boron wins the bow and arrow quickly, and we're at 20 to 9 and they are going to Tribal Council, it could take literally ALL NIGHT.
Kelly's abundant face time last week prepares us for a boot, whereas the under-shown Teresa's does not.
I know. I know. Kelly's not on Diane's list and she's really smart and all, but Brandon's been pouring over than Tribal manual like it was PLAYGIRL.
Also, Kelly's and Silas's buddier-than-buds post-show friendship(constantly referred to by Kelly's Mom, who has become a San Diego media fixture herself)indicates they hooked up somewhere.
And what havoc a Kelly exit would wreck on Tom and Lex!!! And next week, a sick male gets surrounded by elephants. That sounds like Tom to me. So he's still there next week.
I think that an unexpected Kelly exit would push MB to merge as per and get his favored Borons back into the majority. This would also fit with the "former power brokers" are in a brave new world description(I'm paraphrasing)in the CBS promo.(Always misleading but also somehow accurate). Lindsey illness/hospitalization/boot may come MUCH later than expected, like Jerri's did, because the post-merge Borons are going to target Brandon first, I'm thinking because they may see him as more of a threat. No, that might be Clarence. If Ethan Zoned Out is really running this circus. And we all seem to think he is.
Remember how many thousands of viewer votes Jerri got week after week after week AND SHE WAS STILL THERE! Lindsey might surprisingly have the same longevity.
Also, Brandon's newly revealed leadership qualities and smarts indicate a change in his perceived persona, too. I thought it was odd that he was vile, initially, then shown as smart. Hmmmm....

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-01, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TOO MANY INGENUES"
I agree that the time they go to TC always turns out to be an early warning about if there will be a tie. I remember being so surprised how early they went to TC the week Carl was voted out.

And I think it was TV Guide that said the contestants studied their handbooks before they were put into their tribes. They were taught fire starting, etc. Then the handbooks were taken away from them. So if TV Guide is right then Brandon can't be studying the handbook for a tie breaker. They don't have them anymore.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lindsay can't be going"
Sorry esquire. The board has a sterling record in predicting the outcome of these votes. The Ep 7 preview points strongly toward a GXA member getting voted off and she is the likeliest candidate. Someone from Boran is going to share the information on the votes - if they haven't already - and Lindsey will go home.

If not her, look for Brandi. Theresa is highly unlikely and I think of all the new Samburu's Kelly is in the best position with old Samburu because of her age .

11-14-01, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lindsay can't be going"
I hate to disallusion you, but the Board does not have a sterling record in predicting the outcome of these votes. We have been right just 2 of 5 times. And although my memory isn't the greatest, I thought we ahd some photo evidence of the Diane ouster in week 1. Outside of that, we have done a pretty poor job.

Not to say that I have done a better job at predicting these things. But lets be honest, I sometimes believe we would have a better chance using pure chance.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lindsay can't be going"
In case you didn't notice, there have been other season's of Survivor and we can't just look at this year. There has been very few that have been overwhelming pics. The overwhelming pics are almost always right. There has been very little in the way of good spoilers this season, but this week has some very good info out there. It looks pretty likely to be a Samboohoo TC and she is the easy choice.

There is a history before S3 and many of us have been around here that long to vouch for the record - though perhaps a true elder could post the record for the past two Survivors...

I think you're being led by your heart on this one, but I guess we will know in another day.

11-14-01, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lindsay can't be going"
>I hate to disallusion you, but
>the Board does not have
>a sterling record in predicting
>the outcome of these votes.
> We have been right
>just 2 of 5 times.

esquire--

I think you prove the other side's point when you bring this argument up in the above quoted language. In 2 out of 5 weeks, the choice seemed obvious and the board overwhelmingly went that way (Diane and Linda). In 3 out of 5 weeks, the board was somewhat split and evidence was hard to come by--the board got it wrong each time. Thus, when there is overwhelming evidence (as there seems to be for Lindsey this time), the board tends to vote overwhelmingly for that person and the board is correct.

Remember--like you I have voted for Teresa to get voted off. I just think history--the history that you cited above to try to support your argument--actually supports the board being correct.

11-16-01, 09:46 AM (EST)
8. "Oops"
Oops. I guess I was wrong with that theory.

11-16-01, 10:35 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Oops"
esquire--

I think it has become obvious that sometimes MB throws lots of clues in one direction and everyone picks that person. In these cases (Diane, Linda and Lindsey), the board has been correct. In all other cases, the board has been wrong. So look for the board to be wrong next week. We will have the least amount of clues ever. MB will show us no RC or IC vidcaps because it would give away whether there is a merge. We will have at best one episode and maybe no previews from TV Guide and Zap2It because the next week is episode 7.5--a recap episode. In the past we have sometimes had previews up to 2 espisodes ahead (like when Alicia's E7 article was posted the morning E5 was to be on the air). Here, at best we will get the E8 preview the morning E7 will air, and TV Guide might not even post that until later (if the pulling of Alicia's article is any indication).

So, if it makes you feel better, the board will likely be wrong next week.

The only real clue we seem to have is Diane's list of friends. This would suggest Teresa is the next boot, but that can only happen IF there is no merge and IF Boran goes to TC and IF Boran thinks there is a risk there will be no merge in E8. That is a lot of IFs and many people are betting there will be a merge in E7 which virtually eliminates Teresa as a possible boot. This is going to be a very tough and dry week I fear.

11-22-01, 11:43 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Lindsay can't be going"
Maybe the theory has some validity after all. Almostg everyone around here chose Teresa to leave and Clarfence is the one who takes the big walk

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •