The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Zap2It.com's E7 Description"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-13-01, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Zap2It.com's E7 Description"
From Zap2It.com

"From CBS:

THE TRIBES ARE ANXIOUS AS THEY EAGERLY ANTICIPATE THE "TRADITIONAL" MERGE, ON "SURVIVOR: AFRICA," NOV. 22

"Will There Be a Feast Tonight?" -- Anxiety is high as the tribes try to figure out if (and how) the traditional tribal merge will take place, on SURVIVOR: AFRICA, Thursday, Nov. 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Televison Network.

Meanwhile, an ill tribemember suddenly finds himself surrounded by elephants; certain former power-players find themseleves in a brand new world, and a seventh individual is voted out of the tribe."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 E6 Description as well AyaK 11-13-01 1
   RE: E6 Description as well TODDLJ 11-13-01 2
       RE: E6 Description as well BaquaR13 11-13-01 3
           RE: E6 Description as well Afreaqua 11-14-01 13
               RE: E6 Description as well Afreaqua 11-14-01 15
               RE: E6 Description as well Afreaqua 11-14-01 17
                   RE: E6 Description as well Loree 11-14-01 34
       I think we are assuming Afreaqua 11-14-01 16
           RE: I think we are assuming zzz 11-14-01 19
   RE: E6 Description as well PepeLePew13 11-13-01 4
       RE: E6 Description as well WaterRat 11-14-01 5
           Why Teresa? Swetdawg 11-14-01 10
               RE: Why Teresa? zzz 11-14-01 11
                   RE: Why Teresa? MDSkinner 11-14-01 22
                       RE: Why Teresa? zzz 11-14-01 23
                           RE: Why Teresa? MDSkinner 11-14-01 27
                               RE: Why Teresa? zzz 11-14-01 28
                                   RE: Why Teresa? MDSkinner 11-14-01 30
                                       RE: Why Teresa? zzz 11-14-01 31
               RE: Why Teresa? Stairway2Dayton 11-14-01 25
 RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description WaterRat 11-14-01 6
   Water Rat....LOVE the quote... Afreaqua 11-15-01 46
 RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description Outfrontgirl 11-14-01 7
   RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description PepeLePew13 11-14-01 8
   Think, think, think mauki 11-14-01 14
 Zap2It.com Descriptions zzz 11-14-01 9
   RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions dabo 11-14-01 12
       RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions zzz 11-14-01 18
           RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions dabo 11-14-01 35
               RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions zzz 11-14-01 36
                   RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions dabo 11-14-01 38
                       RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions zzz 11-14-01 40
                           RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions dabo 11-14-01 44
                               RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions zzz 11-15-01 45
                       RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions Loree 11-14-01 43
 RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description anotherkim 11-14-01 20
   Good theory AyaK 11-14-01 21
       RE: Good theory Stairway2Dayton 11-14-01 24
           RE: Good theory BCGuy 11-14-01 26
               RE: Good theory zzz 11-14-01 29
                   Deadlock Dilemma dabo 11-14-01 33
   RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description FesterFan1 11-14-01 32
   EP7 Merge? Krautboy 11-14-01 37
       RE: EP7 Merge? zzz 11-14-01 39
           Power-Players Krautboy 11-14-01 42
 RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description Outfrontgirl 11-14-01 41
   RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description anotherkim 11-15-01 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-01, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "E6 Description as well"
Zap2It.com also posted the E6 description for the first time today, and I thought we should consider them together:

DESPERATION SETS IN WHEN A TRIBE MEMBER CONSIDERS TURNING ON A FELLOW MEMBER, ON "SURVIVOR: AFRICA," NOV. 15

"I'd Never Do It to You" -- One age-aligned group fights to save one of its own, while another considers betrayal, on SURVIVOR: AFRICA, Thursday, Nov. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Televison Network.

A "quiet" conversation is overheard by the wrong person; a tribe member many seemed to dislike turns out to be a pretty good teacher, and a sixth individual is voted out of the tribe.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-13-01, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: E6 Description as well"
Very interesting.

Note the wording:

>One age-aligned group fights to save one of its own,
Obviously Brandon and KimP trying to save Lindsay

>while another considers betrayal
That would be another group. NOT the mallies. Someone on another group considers betrayal.

Frank considers betraying Teresa?

Kelly considers betraying Tom or Lex?

KimJ consider betraying Ethan?

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: E6 Description as well"
Teresa betrays Frank after Boran loses another IC on purpose

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-14-01, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: E6 Description as well"
I doubt that.

11-14-01, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: E6 Description as well"
Welll...hmmm. I think if it were a matter of voting off KimJ or Theresa, given the fact that everyone else has closer ties to KimJ...Frank may have to align with the rest to save his own skin...I am sure he would not be happy about it though.

So, when I said I doubt that....I was thinking in terms of his feelings about it. I doubt he would WANT to....he may have to though.

11-14-01, 10:53 AM (EST)
17. "RE: E6 Description as well"
I really can't see Theresa betraying Frank....though I can see it the other way around.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: E6 Description as well"
If Boran goes to TC I think it would be Teresa booted. Ethan, MamaKim and Clarence would not want to give up their majority by voting off one of themselves. Then they would be 2-2 if they don't go to a merge right away. That would be too risky to them. So that leaves Frank or Teresa. I think they would rather keep Frank who they assume is not liked by the Samburu brats. MamaKim wanted to get rid of Silas because she realized he had an alliance back with the brats. And they probably think Frank would be the least likely to ever have an alliance with the brats. Plus they would want his strength in case of a delayed merge. Jeffy really put the fear in to Boran by telling them they may not merge on schedule. So for lack of another choice I think Teresa would be booted. Whether Frank would go along with the vote depends if he has bonded with Ethan or MamaKim.

11-14-01, 10:50 AM (EST)
16. "I think we are assuming"
...that someone will be betrayed....The key word here is CONSIDERS. Thye might be playing this up to hook viewers to make the up coming episode more exciting but it might just be that someone in a confessional just talks about strategy and one scenario is they are CONSIDERING betrayal.

11-14-01, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I think we are assuming"
Afre--

YES YES YES. I have been saying this but people seem not to agree. I believe there will be NO betrayal this episode. Someone will consider betraying (they say all sorts of things in the confessional), but in the end, no one will be betrayed by an alliance partner.

This is MB's modus operandi. He uses phrases like "consider betrayal" when it is just a passing comment that never comes to fruition.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: E6 Description as well"

>-- One age-aligned group fights to save one of its
>own, while another considers betrayal, on SURVIVOR: AFRICA,
>Thursday, Nov. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS
>Televison Network.

My question here would be with the wording "while another considers..." -- does this mean it is another age-aligned group or just another group without specific regard to age/sex? If it's in reference to "another age-aligned group" then this is not in reference to Kelly or Lex/Tom betraying the other, nor would it be a KimJ-Ethan betrayal.

If that's the case... then the only age-aligned group betrayals can really be amongst the Mallrats (obvious thought) and between KimJ, Frank & Teresa (interesting possibility). To satisfy this thinking IMO, Frank (and KimJ) would betray Teresa to guarantee a longer stay -- and Brandon & Kim P fight to paint Lindsey in a more positive light and deflect attention away from her.

I'm a little restless about all the clues and spoilers being so "easy" this week as compared to the previous few weeks -- there's got to be a catch to all this stuff. Does it make sense to be so screwed up for 4 weeks (not counting the opening episode) and then boom, we've got Frank winning the archery IC, Lindsey possible betrayal, etc. all handed to us on a silver platter? There's been so much focus on the Samburus... so it sounds like it could be a Boran TC instead with Frank falling flat on his face. I can see it where much misdirection is focused on the Samburus going through turmoil and everyone being led to believe that Lindsey is gonzo... then we have a Teresa boot due to Frank crossing over to the old Borans.

I know... I've believed for a long time that Clarence will be the next Boran boot, but it's hard to say with the unknown of the "assumption of upcoming merge" and the possible spoiler of Clairance getting congratulated on making it to the merger.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

WaterRat 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-14-01, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WaterRat Click to send private message to WaterRat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: E6 Description as well"
>>-- One age-aligned group fights to save one of its
>>own, while another considers betrayal, on SURVIVOR: AFRICA,
>>Thursday, Nov. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS
>>Televison Network.

Pepe:
I think your read is correct... the E6 promo is referring to two age aligned groups. Once you accept that premise, either clue could refer to either group.

Frank could be fighting to save T-Bird who is the bootee designee...while one of the Mallrats considers defection to the other side.

or

The Mallrats could continue to hang on together with Kim and Brandon trying to save Lindsey for yet one more week. At the same time, Frank could buy off on the idea that T-bird needs to go before Clarence... they still need his strength..if the merge is delayed.

Of course there are different scenarios within the two age alliances, but I believe it would have been written "....while another alliance considers betrayal..."

Swetdawg 13 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swetdawg Click to send private message to Swetdawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Why Teresa?"
I know everyone has Teresa pegged as the bootee if Boran loses IC because of Diane's list, Which has been accurate so far.

But consider this...If Ethan and Mamakim are truly playing/thinking strategically, then Frank should be the boot if they lose IC.

Frank is a much bigger threat in individual IC's than T-Bird.

They can't vote off Clarence, cuz run risk of losing next IC if merge doesn't happen, risking a tie vote vs. Frank and T-Bird.

They still maintain their majority (Clarence will do as he's told...if he even thought about voting against E/K he loses tiebreaker).

But, obviously until Diane's list proves to be wrong T and Linz have to go next. How's that for an oxyboron.

11-14-01, 10:15 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Why Teresa?"
Even ignoring Diane's list--the delayed merge is enough to decide to boot Teresa over Frank. Yes--if they know for sure that the merge will be in E8, for example, maybe they can gamble and boot Frank E6 and figure they can boot Teresa E7 (or even Clarence). But if they fear the merge may not happen until E9 or E10, then they need to keep their strength (if nothing else for chores like getting water). Remember that they were going to boot KimJ over Clarence because there were at least 2 more TCs until the merge at that time. Frank is highly unlikey to win every IC after the merge so he can be taken out then. Ethan said he was not concerned about Frank as a big threat post merge. Ethan saw Silas and Clarence as his biggest threats. He is stuck with Clarence for the time being, but he needs Frank more than Teresa until he is sure he has made it to the merge.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Why Teresa?"
In reading this thread it got me to thinking a little bit, and a great many are focusing on the voting out of Teresa because of her weakness, and I would tend to agree, that is assuming a later merge(which I do not necessarily thing will happen). But, for the same reason, why is MamaKim not considered a possiblility for the boot this week. Teresa appears to be much less of a weakness than is MamaKim. Does everyone thing that the bond between Ethan and Clarence towards MamaKim is so tight that regardless of how poorly she does in challenges that there is no chance in her getting voted out? I am curious about this, because to be honest, even though they have voted together each time, I have not seen any real signs that they are a tight alliance, and I think it is that Clarence and/or Ethan could be convinced to vote out MamaKim if they feel certain that the merge may be further away than they originally anticipated.

I think Frank and Teresa will vote together regardless, they seem to be tight, as was shown by them saying the exact same thing when they voted against Silas. They are obviously on the same page. So the question is, will the three Boran's go against one of these two, or will losing challenges get to them, if MamaKim is actually to falter again(as she has done a few times now).

On a side note, I am not thinking that Boran is going to TC this week, so this may be an irrelevant argument. I just want to point out that Teresa is not the only weak member of Boran right now, and in fact she is not even the weakest. MamaKim stands head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to weakness in physical challenges, and that is something that should probably be considered. I think that neither Ethan nor Clarence like to lose, and it is possible(not likely necessarily, but possible) for them to be persuaded if they lose a heartbreaking RC or IC due to MamaKim's lack of physical ability.

11-14-01, 11:44 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Why Teresa?"
MD--

Personally, unless KimJ is on her death bed--I cannot imagine a scenario in which she is the one booted (other than perhaps the unlikely union of Clarence and F\T). Frank and Teresa persumably know about Clarence's prior votes by now. Even if they don't for the same reason I argued that a delayed merge ensured Clarence safety, it ensures KimJ. Ethan cannot allow Frank and Teresa to get the upper had if they go back to TC prior to the merge. They would definitely have the upper hand if it were just the four of them (F\T\E\C). Old Boran member just will not give up their advantage.

11-14-01, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Why Teresa?"
I guess that depends, zzz. The way I see it, I believe that Ethan and Clarence and MamaKim all feel pretty confident that Frank and Teresa have not a care in the world for their Samburu tribe. And that when the merge comes along, I think they will feel pretty good about the idea that Frank and Teresa are not going to join back up with the mall rats. I think the conversation around the fire the first night, pretty well showed that Frank and Teresa despise those people and would much rather see any member of Boran win as opposed to them.

With that being said, I do not think that necessarily any member of Boran would feel that siding with Frank and Teresa would give the old Samuru tribe the "upper hand". At this stage, I think that Frank and Teresa are more a member of Boran than they are of Samburu, and I think that Ethan and Clarence and MamaKim see it that way as well.

I am not saying that I think this will happen, mind you, I just think that this is a possibility. If Frank and Teresa were stupid and claimed their friendships with all of the other members(like Silas), I would completely agree with you, but they basically vowed to make sure none of the old Sambs do anything. That being said, I think that even removing one of their own member is a possibility if they feel it will help them out in the long run. I personally don't think that Clarence is safe either.

Teresa is not the only possibility, I guess that is all that I am trying to say here. There are a number of scenarios that one could come up with to dispute that fact.

11-14-01, 12:18 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Why Teresa?"
MD--

You have not addressed my point directly at all. I am not referring to a fear of Frank and Teresa rejoining old Samburu after the merge. I am talking about a fear of getting to the merge. Ethan really wants the merge and has some fear about getting there. With Jeff P's threat of a delayed merge, Ethan cannot be sure that an E6 TC is their last TC before the merge or even that E7's TC will be the last TC before the merge.

Thus, if Boran goes to TC in E6 and votes out KimJ, there is a risk there will be no merge in E7 and Boran will go back again (Ethan's fear). At an E7 TC among F\T\E\C, Ethan knows that Frank and Teresa will not vote against each other. Thus, they will vote against either Clarence or Ethan. If they foolishly vote for Ethan it could go to a tie break that Ethan may lose. If they vote for Clarence--then bye bye Clarence. Ethan may not mind this if he can be certain of a merge E8, but I don't think he is willing to assume a merge in E8. Thus, if Clarence goes E7, Ethan would be worried that Boran would go back to TC in E8, and Ethan would be voted out at TC. That was from Ethan's point of view. From Clarence's point of view things would be even more desparate with a likely boot for him in a Boran E7 TC if KimJ were booted in E6 and there was no merge E7.

Thus, the delayed merge makes Ethan and Clarence need to keep KimJ (and Ethan and KimJ to keep Clarence) in case they go back to TC then next time. That is what I mean by keeping the majority. I don't mean keep the majority post-merge. I mean keep the majority pre-merge which could last for an indefinite period of time after Jeff P's comments.

11-14-01, 12:27 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Why Teresa?"
Sounds reasonable enough to me. Sorry for misunderstanding your point.

11-14-01, 12:36 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Why Teresa?"
MD--

No prob--glad I could clarify.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Why Teresa?"
Well, I suppose that Frank could go to Loser Lodge and just not bond with Diane. She mentions her friends, not her enemies, and she looks like the type to bristle at an opinionated male.

I still think it'll be Lindz or T, tho.

"oxyboron" heh,heh

S2D

WaterRat 11 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WaterRat Click to send private message to WaterRat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description"
>certain former power-players find themseleves in
>a brand new world, and a seventh individual is voted
>out of the tribe."

Okay... perhaps because I am seeing what I want to see, I see this as an indication that the Mallrat destruction continues in E7.

The Mallrats are the obvious power players so far. Granted we know that they are already gone, but they might not. But since their demise would already be apparent to them if Lindsey leaves in E6, I see this as one more indication that she doesn't. I am perhaps grasping at straws again, but it "feels" right. And more importantly it remains consistent with my belief that it is Teresa and Boran who visit TC this week.

"If you look closely enough at a cloud you can see anything you want."

11-15-01, 09:06 AM (EST)
46. "Water Rat....LOVE the quote..."
Pretty much sums up the whole flavour of the spoilers forum...*counting down 'til the show starts for real*

"If you look closely enough at a cloud you can see anything you want."

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 03:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description"
I think that you are all reading the promo according to proper grammar rules; however, my guess is that the sentence has somewhat faulty construction.

"One age-aligned group fights to save one of its own, while another considers betrayal."

Parallel sentence construction rules tell us that "one" age-aligned group's actions in the first clause are contrasted with "another" age-aligned group in the second.

Problem is, the only other completely age-aligned group to date is Frank and Teresa, and if you stick with this grammatical construction, it's the whole group that has to consider betrayal, rather than a member of the group. It simply doesn't work. Who are they going to betray? They don't have a sworn alliance to the old Boran that we have seen; they are trying to find a place in the tribe. Any way that works will not qualify as a betrayal.

If you go back and compare the title to the promo, the title says:
"a tribe member considers turning on a fellow member."
Compare:"another considers betrayal."
They say the same thing. ONE person turns on a fellow.

How does that work within the syntax?:
"One age-aligned group fights to save one of its own, while another (one of its own) considers betrayal."

"Another" refers to another member of the group than the "one" being saved. I know it's poor grammar but the scenario it describes makes perfect sense, and it's an easy mistake to make while writing.

In other words, the GXA fights to save "one" member (Lindsey), while "another" member of the group considers betrayal of 1)Lindsey; 2)the group's only chance to survive as an alliance.

Say it's Brandon, the one they are trying to pretend has votes. Although he's part of the group that fights to save Lindsey, he realizes that he could easily end up losing a tiebreaker if he gets the votes--so he considers betrayal. The GXA sense from the vibe that the Boran have no votes to hide.

Does Brandon want to bet he will win a sudden death tiebreaker, even against Tom? I'd be willing to bet Jiffy doesn't have to use the Survivor Handbook for the tiebreaker. Tom has a lot of practical knowledge that Brandon doesn't if there's a quiz about tribal life, such as "where is the water hole?" (kidding)(whoops, sorry about the goat ref.)

Oh, and the phrase "considers betrayal" leaves us up in the air, but a betrayal would certainly account for an "intense" TC.

Damn, this explanation got way too convoluted. See what a tangled web one weaves when ignoring parallel construction?

Other portions of Previews 6 and 7:
-----------------------------------
A "quiet" conversation is overheard by the wrong person;
My guess is that Kelly overhears, because she, Lex, and Tom talked about her eavesdropping skills as they came into camp, and because she talked about her eavesdropping earlier on Insider. Probably she overhears the GXA, although possibly it's Lex and Tom.

"a tribe member many seemed to dislike turns out to be a pretty good teacher,"
Swami convinced me this refers to Clarence, but either way it's a Boran member.

and a sixth individual is voted out of the tribe.
Lindsey, because next episode, when the merge is still uncertain and the GXA has to adjust to her loss:

certain former power-players (Brandon and Kim) find themseleves in a brand new world (i.e. outnumbered for the first time EVER).

Only the GXA have ever had "power" that's been flaunted and acknowledged. (We think certain Boran members are power-players but we've never been shown that.) Besides, "brand new world" sounds so much like "wake up call" that it must refer to the downfall of the GXA.

Sure, this is the most obvious way to connect the dots, but I think maybe it's "obvious" week. Why? Periodically Burnett likes to drum up anticipation for a boot. When? When a really really annoying player gets their parting gifts.

Kimmi, Jerri, Linda, Lindsey. (I wasn't following the previews during S1.)
I missed all three of those picks because they were SO obvious. Meanwhile, most Americans picked correctly and felt happy they finally got it right. Burnett can't hook viewers if frustrating the Spoiler community always takes precedence over making regular viewers feel smart.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 06:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description"

>Problem is, the only other completely age-aligned group to date
>is Frank and Teresa,

You're right... I submit that it's possible that the bond between Teresa and MamaKim *could* grow (and thus, Frank as well by his connection with Teresa), perhaps in the next episode to allow some bonding to build and then we might be looking at wording that qualifies as a betrayal within a group.

OFG, I think you present a great, thought-out argument in your post overall and I see no reason to argue against the overall analysis as it can very easily work out the way it's put out by you.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

mauki 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-01, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mauki Click to send private message to mauki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Think, think, think"
Kudos OFG on a well thought out analysis. I loved your grammatical dissection of the "alliance" reference, particularly because it's what I interpreted it to mean also LOL.

>>watching how your mind works <<

"Masts of bone, shrouds for sail, bilowing onward, in windless wail." (Kagax)

11-14-01, 09:13 AM (EST)
9. "Zap2It.com Descriptions"
I would like to thank AyaK for adding the E6 description to my post. I agree with OFG that clue after clue after clue seems to lead to a Lindsey boot this week. I think everyone agrees that perhaps MB decided this was one of those weeks he would "give it away" to keep people interested and trying (I think he is willing to throw us a bone as well as the general viewing audience every once in a while). I think we all would also not put it past him to put up so many clues to mess us up. But I don't think he really cares about us that much (he knows about us and protects himself from us but is not obsessed with us).

I am particularly struck by the E7 descrption language "former power-players find themseleves in a brand new world" because the former power-players really could only reasonably refer to the GXA. The most reasonable reading is that the GXA is now in the minority (as OFG points out) which would most likely be a result of Lindsey's boot in E6.

There are other possibilities that I don't think anyone has discussed assuming Lindsey is NOT booted in E6 (and presumably Teresa is). 1--It may be that it becomes public knowledge that Lindsey has 4 past votes. This would put the GXA in a brand new world because they would know that they would lose any tie break vote. 2--If the merge occurs as scheduled, the three GXA could look around and realize in this new "merged" world it is just the three of them, Frank (their biggest enemy) and 6 former Boran members. That would be a pretty new and uncomfortable world for them as well. Any other reasonable readings of this clue that people can see?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions"
Well, Tom and Lex were part of the power alliance LET(+1?) in Old Boran, so if one of them or Kelly gets the boot in E6, or Kelly shifts into GXA, that would be a possible satisfaction of the clue. If the merge goes ahead in E7 then LET is reunited but the political restructuring that has occured in New Boran has Kim J. in power with one or two Old Samburu in a cross-tribal alliance, this would be a particular hit to Tom and Lex if Ethan were also gone before the merge.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

11-14-01, 11:03 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions"
dabo--

While your reading is possible, unless something is disclosed in E6 to make us see LET as a power alliance I just don't see it fitting. LET has never really been that big a focus, and all the Boran votes were pretty much unanimous with Tom voting against Clarence (and not with the rest of his "power"). So it just would not fit for the casual viewer to refer to LET as a power alliance.

Some people were even arguing with me at the time we were debating the "twist" whether LET had ever even been shown on the air as a real alliance. I argued that they were, and I still believe that, but they have never really been shown as a power. With them have been split up in E5, it is hard to imagine how LET would be portrayed as a power in E6, unless Tom and Lex have a major conversation that refers to the three of them pulling all the strings back at Boran (perhaps the famed overheard conversation).

Nevertheless, I just don't see LET as a power alliance given the way they have been portrayed up until now on the show. All Boran alliances have been downplayed to this point as the votes have all included presumably non-aligned people voting with the majority. So, while MB can include any misleading promo or description he wants, I just don't see any group other than the GXA as being reasonably referred to as a "former power" alliance.

11-14-01, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions"
Old Boran functioned more as a unified tribe so the power structure was less obvious, but since Tom was essentially the leader of Old Boran I tend to view LET as the power group from that tribe. When it came to voting, Old Boran as a unit eliminated its weak links, Diane and Jessie, by virtue of the fact that they were ill (nothing personal, it was for the good of the whole). Meanwhile, the only Old Boran who collected votes was Clarence, and this had to be by something more than an understanding that he deserved to be taught a lesson, in my opinion. If Tom and by extension Old Boran were, as I believe (and this would have been Kim J. who established the strategy, I would think) Clarence was getting the votes by the departing tribemembers because he was the one most likely to win the first individual IC, if he could do that and the rest had no votes they had a strong position going into the merge. The switch upset things, though, and Kim J. is reshuffling things in New Boran, so if LET can reunite they might find themselves facing a cross-tribal alliance they hadn't counted on and be off-balanced in the power structure of the merged tribe. Getting rid of Clarence would be a good thing for LET but they would need to pick up a fourth member, but if Ethan is gone and Clarence is solid in the cross-tribal alliance Lex and Tom would need Kelly and one of the Mallrats to join them, otherwise they could only hang on for as long as the cross-tribal alliance allowed them to.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

11-14-01, 04:14 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions"
There are a number of things in your post I don't agree with. First, I have never seen Tom as the leader of Old Boran, and I have never heard anyone else before say that. I'm not sure who the leader was (Lex, Ethan maybe even KimJ) but I do not see how you think it was Tom. Also, Tom could keep all the votes on Clarence by voting for the person he knew was getting voted off. He did not have to vote for Clarence. He claimed it was to teach him a lesson. Jessie claims the second time was because they had a secret alliance (something that makes the LET alliance seem a little weaker). I don't see the point of adding even more votes to Clarence. Either way--going into the merge he would be the only one with votes, and if he did not get individual immunity and was voted on, it would be smart to keep his vote totals as low as possible in case of a tie break situation (e.g., if Clarence only had 3 votes but Boran voted for Lindsey who had 4, Clarence would win but would not if he had 5 or 6 prior votes). So your explanation CANNOT be the reason Tom voted for Clarence. It would only be a reason to try to get the booted person each TC to vote for Clarence.

I also think you should try to remember that these promos are read by everyone and must make sense to everyone (not just hard core spoilers). While some people might see LET as having been a power alliance, I don't think they have been seen that way in the show. This alliance has been downplayed for the most part. Now it is possible that in E7, if Ethan, for example, is booted in E6, Lex and Tom could be seen saying "we had all the power and now we have none" thus satisfying the E7 promo language. So I am not completely ruling out a boot of one of the members of LET in E6 as satisfying the language of the preview. I just don't think LET fit nearly as well as GXA when it comes to former power alliances.

11-14-01, 04:53 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions"
Tom assumed a position of authority in Old Boran by force of personality and was the one who took charge when work needed to be done. As for stacking votes on Clarence, it makes him a weaker player down the road, a lot easier to cut him loose that way if and when you decide to do it; in fact, continuing the controversy around him served strategically to isolate Clarence within the tribe, weakening the chances of the other members (four after Diane was gone, three after Jessie was gone) taking the power structure away from LET. Tom, Lex and Ethan also took their time to form their alliance after assessing everyone's value, hence it had less of an obvious presence within the tribe particularly since Tom had assumed dominant male of the herd position anyway). The plan may have been to get rid of Clarence prior to the merge since he couldn't be trusted, actually, so the number of votes he was carrying was actually irrelevant, it's more a matter of the number of votes the others weren't carrying. Anyway, that's how I saw the strategic development in Old Boran, the power structure wanted to be less obvious since holding the tribe together as a unit at the merge was an essential part of the long range plans.

11-14-01, 05:05 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions"
dabo--

Now you make a completely different argument that is more plausible. There is one flaw in this thinking that still bugs me about the assumptions you have made. LET would have to know that they could not just be a three person alliance. If they were, assume they went into the merge at 5-5 (with Kelly and KimJ) and got the advantage. At some point Kelly and KimJ would realize that without being in an alliance (other than a general Boran alliance or an alliance of 2) they would be doomed. Their incentive to do what Amber was too stupid to do would become a big issue for LET. I believe that LET have at least one other person (probably KimJ) who believes he or she is in an alliance with at least one member of LET. LET would just not be that stupid to leave it out there like that without more alliance members. MB just has not shown us these conversation because they would give away too much.

P.S. I still don't see how Tom was the leader--I never saw it.

11-14-01, 11:38 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions"
LET probably would need a fourth eventually, and possibly they had a fourth we don't know about or were just keeping their options open and assessing things until it came time to fill that spot. (Tina and Colby got to the final two without ever having had a fourth, but I didn't see that situation developing in Old Boran.) We may never know. Anyway, after the first episode when everyone seemed to be thinking Tom was racist, I tried to make the point that I hadn't seen that at all, what I saw was a dominant male behavior pattern, that Tom had positioned himself into the patriarch position within Boran. Everything I've seen since has reiterated that evaluation. If this turns out to be the scenario which fits the bill then MB can establish that within the episode via confessionals, in fact that's true no matter what the scenario happens to turn out to be.

11-15-01, 08:52 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions"
dabo--

I think our exchange has gone on about as long as it can with respect to S3. I would like to address one point, however, that you made about S2 that I think points out a large basis of our disagreements with regard to S3. The reason Colby and Tina made it as far as they did was because Jerri thought Colby was with her and Amber. If Jerri had known prior to her boot that Colby would side with Tina, she would have tried to find a new ally and Colby knew this. That is why he lied to her.

LET saw S2 and know this as well. They could not go into the merge with Kelly and KimJ knowing LET was a strong alliance against them because K and K would have too big an incentive to look for new allies. By the time of the "twist", LET would have been wise to already make this alliance, and I believe they did and it was not shown.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Zap2It.com Descriptions"
I do not see Tom being the leader either. Kelly has said in Survivor Insider clips that Lex was the bossy one that always told everyone what to do. I got the feeling from her that Lex was the leader of the tribe.

Tom said in a Survivor Insider clip after he was switched that they had planned to get rid of Clarence right before the merge. They had deliberately kept him around for his strength but they were going to unload him right before the merge. But now with the switch they have the strong Clarence against them in challenges.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-01 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-14-01 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

My theory-

I have read and reread the descriptions and the other insights, but then I realized that EVERY time I do that I am blown out of the water. Thus, I am going with my gut instinct and "forecasting" the following:

Ep. 6--

The age group trying to save a member is Frank and T. They know that she is vulnerable if Clarence doesn't go---they make a case for her to Ethan and MamaKim. Neither of them is going to turn on the other for anything. They have made their closeness very clear. Old Boran also HAS to see the strength that maintaining their allegiance would give them going into the merge. Clarence would be gone if they lost IC this week, IMO.

The group considering betrayal is Brandon and Kim against Lindsey. She overhears them and that leads to the "I'd never do it to you.". If Lindsey is going this week (which I believe) then they have to finish off the drama of the Mallies. This is also the group that the average viewer has been focused on and would follow. Imagine how tense THAT TC would be if Lindsey knew she was the target. K and B would still have some guilt.

Side thought on the eavesdropping--Kelly could overhear the GXA discussing Lindsey's votes and Brandon's fake votes and that would DEFINTELY be the end of Lindsey-Lou. Either way, Lindsey is toast.

The teacher is Frank. His bow shooting talent leads them to victory and wins him popularity points with Old Boran. This also gets Clarence to the merge. The description says that many "seemed" to dislike Frank--that is the way it has all been edited. This is his final redemption so we can go ahead and like the guy.

Episode 7--

If I was right in 6 (I can dream, can't I??), then Lindsey is gone and Brandon and Kim realize that if they don't shape it up ASAP, then they are goners after the merge--if it happens. Silas and Lindsey are history, so they whip it in gear and work to find their place in the power structure. Kelly is vulnerable at that point unless she bonds with them.

Who knows who the ill player could be---maybe Tom? He hasn't been up to snuff lately.

If there is a physical IC, then that could be an early clue that the health of someone may lead to his ouster and save MamaKim or Clarence another week.

Kim

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Good theory"
I like this theory. I also like the idea that Samburu goes to TC, because otherwise it wouldn't hear Jiffy's hint that the merge might not take place on schedule, and so it wouldn't be wondering "if" the merge would take place in E7.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Good theory"
I second your reply, AyaK. This theory seems to logically touch all the bases.

Kudos to you, too for noticing the Ep7 preview says the "tribeS" will be wondering about the merge. I hadn't noticed the plural. At this point Samburu has no reason to suspect that it won't take place as usual, therefore they are given a reason to believe this in Ep6. IC would be the perfect place for Jiffy to work his magic again.

S2D

BCGuy 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-14-01, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BCGuy Click to send private message to BCGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Good theory"
Even if Tom/Lex/Kelly can't figure out who has prior votes from the Mall Rats, they can still be guaranteed to vote one of them out at TC. Here is how: T/L/K all vote for MR #1. The votes
end in a 3-3 tie. If MR #1 has no prior votes, then they re-vote at which time T/L/K all vote for MR #2. The votes end in a 3-3 tie again. If MR #2 has no prior votes, then they re-vote again at which time they end in a 3-3 tie again, with the tie breaker being prior votes. Eventually they will hit a MR with prior votes and Lindsey is dead. Sounds like that could be a pretty intense TC.

11-14-01, 12:27 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Good theory"
OK--this has been discussed a number of times before by many people, but I will do it one more time. You have NOT described the vote procedures accurately. If there is a tie, the two people cannot vote and have a chance to "state their cases" for why they should remain. Everyone else then votes and can only vote for one of those two people. This procedure has been explained by Jeff P in every tie vote since S1 (Susan was booted in the revote of Kelly and Rudy). Thus, if there is a tie and they have not voted for Lindsey, they cannot vote for her on the re-vote.

Please, I hope we can let this issue die already. It has been explained so many times.

11-14-01, 01:18 PM (EST)
33. "Deadlock Dilemma"
Suppose GXA votes for Tom (most likely in my opinion) and Former Boran vote for Brandon, the tie-breaker vote ties, neither are carrying past votes, does Jeff pull out the trivial pursuit challenge again or could he have another trick up his sleeve? We've never seen a repeat of the same challenge within a Survivor series, except in the late-game challenge which combines previous challenges, so maybe there's another deadlock twist waiting to be revealed.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description"
This is exactly how I interpreted the preview (for ep. 6).

I think the remaining OFA will try to "save one of their own" by courting MamaKim. Frank and Teresa are in a disadvantaged position, numbers wise, and will have to "fight" to persuade someone in old Boran to join the OFA. MamaKim is the logical choice since she already has a relationship with T and knows that she is considered the weak link among the original Boran members. With the merge in doubt, she will feel threatened and may be convinced by the OFA to stick with them.

Meanwhile, I don't think the GXA has to "fight to save one of its own" since they are at even strength with LTK. What they need to do is steer votes to Brandon or Kim, and that may prove to be difficult with Lindsey's penchant for drama. Feeling frustrated that their efforts are being sabotaged by the person they are trying to protect, they will be tempted to cross enemy lines perhaps hoping to court Kelly at a later date to be a replacement GX-er for Lindsey.

I do think that Samburu will lose the IC to Boran, and Lindsey will be ousted. Although I don't think Brandon or Kim will actually vote against her. I think they will leak the information to Kelly and Lindsey will over hear them, leading to the "most intense TC ever".

Fester

“I'm a walking mistake”-Lindsey, Nov. 1, 2001
You said it, babe.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-14-01, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "EP7 Merge?"
Anotherkim: Very strong arguements. Nice work!

While I agree with your conclusions, the EP7 preview could also be referring to the merge happening on schedule...

"...certain former power-players find themseleves in a brand new world, and a seventh individual is voted out of the tribe."

Regardless of whether the "power-players" are Brandon and Kim or Ethan, Tom and Lex, if the merge happens on schedule, they would all find themselves in a "brand new world" of individual immunity and new alliances...

Krautboy

11-14-01, 04:58 PM (EST)
39. "RE: EP7 Merge?"
krautboy--

That explanation just seems a little facile. If there is a merge, then, in the sense you mentioned, ALL the players would be in a "new world" (why single out "former power players"). I agree that there still could be a merge in E7 because power players could have lost a member of their alliance and thus their post merge strategy could be destroyed. The real point of the quote is that they are "Former Power Players" but something happened to reduce their power (and I think is probably more than just the merge). As I think about it, I can see one possibility that you may be getting at. For example, assume Teresa goes in E6 and there is a merge in E7. The GXA would look around and realize that unlike the pre-merge world where they had at least half of the tribe, they are only 3 with no chances of any new allies. I just don't think the new world can refer to it being post merge. The new world seems to mean loss of power (although I admit MB plays word games all the time).

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-14-01, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Power-Players"
ZZZ, I tend to agree with you, but I just wanted to make sure that we consider all the options. MB does like to play word games and often uses preview text that has double meanings.

The physically fit and strong DO suddenly go from a position of power, to a position as target, after the merge. You are correct, it is a "brand new world" for everyone, but the episode may just focus on "certain former power-players" who realize they are suddenly vulnerable...

We'll have plenty of time to figure this out after Thursday, since it doesn't seem to affect anything this week.

Krautboy

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description"
Anotherkim--
I completely agree with you that Frank and Teresa will try to ally with MamaKim and Ethan, in hopes that their new bond will survive the merge and the reuniting of OldBoran. The only alternative is "dishonorable" Clarence.

I am not convinced, however, that the preview means we will see these attempts. If Samburu goes to TC it's quite possible we will see Boran focus on food issues and that MB will keep the alliances there a continuing mystery.

I'm sticking with my idea that the preview about age-aligned group trying to save a member refers to Samburu. Why? Because we KNOW that will happen; it was in play from the time of the swap and will continue. GXA's need to "save" Lindsey is far more clearcut than any threat to Frank or Teresa, because they know they face a 3-3 vote.

The preview ought to have said TWO age-aligned groups if it meant to include Frank and Teresa.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Zap2It.com's E7 Description"
"One age-aligned group fights to save one of its own, while another considers betrayal, "

I read your analysis above and thought you made some good points about the dissection of the sentence.

I think, though, that when they refer to "another" the antecedent is age-aligned group, therefore, another group can consider betrayal i.e. Brandon and Kim as well as Frank and Teresa.

My head hurts now .

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •