The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-01, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
So, let the speculation begin as to why this TC is "so intense" per the latest preview.
My thoughts:
1) The bootee is asked to leave the area immediately, so if it's Lindsey, even if she gets emotional she's not allowed to make a scene.
2) Something brought out by the questions: accusations, betrayals?
3) News about a postponed merge? Someone calls Jiffy a big fat misleading LIAR?
4) A tiebreaker, but that's not new or necessarily intense.
5) Bootee surprise: I personally doubt it will be off the wall or any kind of coup.

I am tending towards either betrayal or revelation about merge.
"Intense" says to me there's an emotional component, whether an outburst, a meltdown, a confrontation with the host, or accusations thrown at fellow tribe members. One scenario I can't remember seeing is where the players get so heated that Jiffy loses control of the exchange or allows crossfire. I'd love to see that, but I suppose it's not bloody likely.

Big question: Can this clue help us solve which tribe goes to TC?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE PepeLePew13 11-13-01 1
   RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE Thrill Seeker 11-13-01 4
   Remember the "most dangerous animal... Sexy Spearchucker 11-14-01 20
   Something bothers me... Ogachu 11-14-01 43
 RE: Samburu's going... MC_Hampster 11-13-01 2
 RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE dangerkitty 11-13-01 3
   RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE Outfrontgirl 11-13-01 5
       RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE Blueville 11-13-01 7
           RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE dabo 11-13-01 9
       RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE Loree 11-13-01 8
       RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE mauki 11-14-01 18
   one point, Dangerkitty red 11-13-01 14
   RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE Rose Red 11-14-01 19
       Reading the votes Outfrontgirl 11-14-01 23
 INTENSE Boran TC dabo 11-13-01 6
 RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE zzz 11-13-01 10
   RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE NightScribe 11-13-01 11
       RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE zzz 11-14-01 26
   An Intense Boran Tribal Council? WaterRat 11-13-01 16
 RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE George Tirebiter 11-13-01 12
 "I Wouldn't Do It To You" Bungler 11-13-01 13
 Just a theory BaquaR13 11-13-01 15
   RE: Just a theory dabo 11-14-01 17
 Try this on for size mavsfan 11-14-01 21
 RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE Naked 11-14-01 22
 RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE Sanchman 11-14-01 24
   RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE PepeLePew13 11-14-01 25
   RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tie... Swami 11-14-01 27
       RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tie... dabo 11-14-01 28
           RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tie... zzz 11-14-01 30
       RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tie... zzz 11-14-01 29
           RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tie... Swami 11-14-01 32
               RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tie... zzz 11-14-01 36
 RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE Swami 11-14-01 31
 3Way Tie! dabo 11-14-01 33
   RE: 3Way Tie! Bebo 11-14-01 35
 Alternate scenario Bebo 11-14-01 34
 RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE Bungler 11-14-01 37
   RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE Ottawa_guy 11-14-01 39
 RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE KevMo 11-14-01 38
   Nobody is betraying anybody MC_Hampster 11-14-01 40
       RE: Nobody is betraying anybody Rose Red 11-14-01 41
           RE: Nobody is betraying anybody MC_Hampster 11-14-01 44
   RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE dabo 11-14-01 42
       The Devil You Know Is Better Rose Red 11-15-01 45
       RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE juan 11-15-01 46
 RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE zzz 11-16-01 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
The only thing I can think of that might fit into all this is Lindsey finding out that she's being betrayed by Brandon and/or Kim P. and she knows she's about to get booted -- she's the one person in the whole group who is capable of blowing her stack and refusing to go quietly. What if Jiffy asks a question to someone like Brandon or Kim P. and they say something that hints at Lindsey getting backstabbed... she might fire off a verbal crossfire.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-13-01, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
Carl senses his minutes are numbered so at the voting booth he grabs the voting barrell and runs off to the forest with it.
Jiffy can't believe anyone would do something so stupid but he sends out masaii game trackers to find Clarence and the voting barrell. Unfortunately, the lions got to him and Clarence is badly injured before they can get him away from the lions. The emergency crew immediatley bandages him up and sends him by helicopter to the hospital in Africa. Tribal Council ends with Clarence leaving for the hospital. It's later revealed that Clarence's paranoia was for naught because Teresa was the one actually voted out.

The thrills you seek will be INTENSE.

Sexy Spearchucker 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-14-01, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexy%20Spearchucker Click to send private message to Sexy%20Spearchucker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Remember the "most dangerous animal on water trip" preview?"
I believe this is mostly hype, as was the boring trip to the water hole a couple weeks ago.

This is an indication that Samburu goes to TC.

So...

Either Lindsey blows up when Brandi and Kim backstab her, OR Brandi gets into a long quiz-off with Kelly.

SS

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-01, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Something bothers me..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-01 AT 04:56 PM (EST)

edited to move it to where it was supposed to be...sorry.

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Samburu's going..."
>Big question: Can this clue help
>us solve which tribe goes
>to TC?

I like your list of possibilities, and you will notice that most of them would probably lead towards Samburu going to TC (except for the postponed merge).

I'm trying to envision a scenario for an "intense" TC with Boran and I don't really see one. However, this could be hype.

-MC

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-13-01, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-01 AT 04:31 PM (EST)

Definitely agree that a Lindsey meltdown is possible/likely and would fit the bill. All it would take is that 4th vote going against her, and she would know that one of her friends voted for her.(although - they wouldn't have to. If they let LTK know that Lindsey has the votes, a tie would still evict her). In any case, there are lots of ways that Lindsey could go off into a tantrum or breakdown.

Another possibility: An extended tiebreak. If it does tie, the tiebreak challenge could go on and on and on. Or it could be a challenge that is "intense" in nature (I don't assume that every tiebreak will be the Guidebook quiz).

Or it could be in the nature of JPs questioning. We have seen him take quite an aggressive, opinionated role this season. Who knows where he might go with it?

The good/great clue here is that I see it fitting Samburu far more than Boran. There will be no tiebreaker in Boran, and the members are less emotional, more strategically minded and mature. Not saying it couldn't be, it's just more Samburuish.

We saw "intensity" of a sort from Brandon in Ep 4, when he proclaimed undying friendship yada yada. Ep 5 had the clip of him complaining about "the girls", can't stand to be around a crying woman yada yada. I'll bet Jiffy isn't going to let that one slip by - Brandon is going to be asked about the state of the friendship, and his current strategy.

(Speaking of strategy - OFG, how is that "not dissecting individual words from the preview" strategy going? )

edited: typos, typos

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

11-13-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
It's cool for me to see others leaning towards Samburu and Lindsey, which is what I thought too. I didn't want to put my own opinion about that in the first post, wanted to see what other people came up with. I especially like the way you describe Boran, DK. None of their TC's have gotten confrontational as with Samburu.

>>(Speaking of strategy - OFG, how is that "not dissecting individual words from the preview" strategy going? )

Busted me, Goddess of Words.
I couldn't help myself. This focus was like, really intense.

Blueville 115 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueville Click to send private message to Blueville Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
What would make the TC intense to me would be a confrontation within the tribe. And I don't think it will come out as a result of Jiffy's wonderful interview techniques.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Lindsey could go to TC expecting 3 votes from the old Borans. But what if Jiffy pulled out a fourth vote and stopped there? I'm sure she'll immediately focus her frustrations on Brandon and Kim.

I remember Stacy Stillman leaving TC in S1 and saying, "You changed your vote, " to someone. Other than that most others I remember just say "good bye", "play fair", "see you later". Does anybody else remember any other animosity from a player leaving TC after a vote out?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
Greg threw a mock tantrum/tear jag.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
The wording of the intense TC really seems to point at Samburu to me. I don't see any of the members of the current Boran tribe being that surprised or emotional if they are booted. Disappointed - yes. But I don't see them making a scene.

Samburu however could cause alot of intensity. We all agree that Lindsay would probably get very angry if she felt backstabbed by Brandon and/or Kim. Plus Silas has mentioned in chats that he was closer to Lindsay while Brandon and Kim were closer to each other. So it is possible that while making Lindsay believe they are willing to take votes to save her, they may really have revealed to Tom, Lex & Kelly that Lindsay has the votes in the tribe.

I suppose we also have to think that Lex, Tom or Kelly would be shocked to get 4 votes too. If one of them voted with the brats to get rid of one of the others it would be a surprise.

mauki 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-01, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mauki Click to send private message to mauki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-01 AT 01:30 AM (EST)

Just want to add my two cents to the discussion. I doubt that the new Boran, if they go to TC, is unlikely to be confrontational (intense). The title of the ep. also seems to indicate a betrayal of some sorts. Frank will NOT sell out Teresa, and I don't believe Teresa is going to betray his trust. From what we have seen so far can't see them trusting Clarence to join them in an alliance to seize control of Boran. Clarence, recognizing that his position is still precariousness, will continue to align himself (for now) with Ethan and Mamakim. So no betrayal here. However if Samburu goes to TC, there are at least a couple of wrinkles involving betrayal. The most likely is (as already discussed) that one or more GXA switches allegiances, and Lindsey gets booted on the votes, no tiebreakrer. The other one is a temporary defection by Kelly to the GXA to remove Tom or Lex. (remember she is not fond of either one of them) A highly improbable scenario considering the disdain the GXA is held in by the ex-Boran, but it might be kelly's best shot at breaking up the L/T/E troika.

"Masts of bone, shrouds for sail, billowing onward, in windless wail." (Kagax)

red 140 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "one point, Dangerkitty"
You state that Brandon or Kim don't actually have to vote against Lindsay as she would lose a tie-breaker. Samburus are not aware than none of the Borans have any votes.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-14-01, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
>Definitely agree that a Lindsey meltdown
>is possible/likely and would fit
>the bill. All it
>would take is that 4th
>vote going against her, and
>she would know that one
>of her friends voted for
>her.(although - they wouldn't have
>to. If they let
>LTK know that Lindsey has
>the votes, a tie
>would still evict her).
>In any case, there are
>lots of ways that Lindsey
>could go off into a
>tantrum or breakdown.

Oh, goddess of words, you rule the board! And what a nice thing to be a goddess of - Words! That's a beautiful thought! All of your insights are so intense. Just like this supposed upcoming tribal council. Sure sounds like Lindsey is going to have a nervous breakdown -- BUT they are just SHOVING it down our throats at this point, so I don't trust it.
Of course, there is a precedent for this- Susan Hawk's last speech on S1 was unforgettable. Great television. Shocking. And I bet MB loved that. It was one of his greatest moments. That episode was one of the highpoints of his career, and he's waiting for it to happen again. Maybe Lindsey tells everyone what she thinks of them, as Susan sure told Kelly W. for all time.
But they control these things so tightly, and all the losers want to keep playing on the CBS team, post-game, that I can't see anyone flipping out THAT intensely. And they are not allowed to hit each other. It's in their contracts, y'know.
Yes, it sounds like a Sambooboo brouhaha alright. Unless Ethan totally wigs out this week over the chickens. No, that was Kimmi. Ethan is not a Kimmi.

But what if it isn't Lindsey, as everyone seems to be saying here in this thread(and others)? Gee, but Lindsey has won ALL the polls on ALL the websites all over the world as the next to go by a landslide.
But back to voting procedure. If she got three votes, and JP only read the first three votes. He'd stop right there and say "Lindsey, you have prior votes, so ba bye!" He wouldn't read the other votes. She'd assume that was all from the Boron that they would just end it THERE. And she'd leave and Americans everywhere would heave a sigh of relief.
No, it's "the most intense tribal council ever" for another reason.
>
>Another possibility: An extended tiebreak. If
>it does tie, the tiebreak
>challenge could go on and
>on and on.

Dangerkitty, I think you hit on something there. A tiebreaker that went ON and ON would be intense. But to have a tie you have to both have equal or no prior votes. So that leaves Lindsey out.
Who would the tie be between then? Well, it's clear that the Boron think Brandon has "at least one vote" and the other person that the remaining Sambooboo would vote against would be who? Who could match wits with Brandon over several ties? Not dumb ole Tom. That would be honor student Kelly. A Kelly boot this week would stun everyone. Last week she got her first huge chunk of face time, sometimes a signal that they're the next to go - in the NEXT episode, which would be this one.
Or
>it could be a challenge
>that is "intense" in nature
>(I don't assume that every
>tiebreak will be the Guidebook
>quiz).
>
>This whole giving us all the clues is just too much, unless "the most intense tribal council ever" is the ploy of a desperate publicist(I mean,that metaphorically speaking, of course)a desparate producer, MB, whose franchise is getting a little dull, and who knows he's got to spice up something RRRRREALLLY obvious, and potentially boring, which is Lindsey goes as expected. So, in other words, it's a lie, to cover it being "The most predictable tribal council ever."
>
>

11-14-01, 04:27 AM (EST)
23. "Reading the votes"
Rose Red,
Actually, if Lindsey gets 4 votes Jeff will read them all as dangerkitty said.

The tiebreaker prior votes rule only comes into play after the tie is announced and the players not receiving votes vote for a second time. Only upon the deadlock do the prior votes confirm who gets booted.

Obviously if the first vote is 4-2 there is never a tie, so the votes will get read until a clear majority is reached, which is 4--the number of betrayal. If Jiffy stopped at 4, she would not know whether Brandon, Kim, or both voted against her.

Even if she only gets three votes, she will likely wonder whether one or both of her allies sold out that knowledge.
It's quite possible in this case to betray Lindsey without actually voting against her. The 3 Boran votes suffice.

11-13-01, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "INTENSE Boran TC"
If New Boran would have to go to TC it would be intense, particularly with the merge point in doubt, since they would be going two members down from New Samburu. This would be the first time we've seen a tribe go below the parity point of 5 prior to merge, and there are several ways things could play out given the variety of factions in New Boran. Frank and Teresa are the only two who are actually allied within the New Boran tribe but they are outnumbered by Old Boran. Ethan wants to get rid of Clarence and rejoin his alliance with Lex and Tom at the merge. Kim J. and Ethan get along well but she is savvy enough to recognize the danger to her (in context to the game) of allowing Ethan to rejoin Lex and Tom. Clarence appears to be unallied but could link up with Frank and Teresa and the three of them take control of New Boran. The variety of potential political ploys is greater in New Boran than in New Samburu, therefore a big surprise could develop at TC. In New Samburu the only really surprising political ploy would be if someone jumps to the other faction, which wouldn't even be all that surprising if it were Brandon or Kim P. realligning and voting out Lindsey the liability.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-13-01, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
I agree that this TC related promo is another clue by MB that Lindsey goes this week. I also know that sometimes he gives us loads of clues that someone goes and they actually go (I think I remember the list including Kimmie, Diane, Linda and probably others). I just have a feeling in my gut that he is giving this out as one more false clue that Lindsey is getting the boot when she really is not. I believed that Diane was going at the time, and I believed that Linda was going at the time. I just have my doubts about Lindsey for some reason.

Maybe I am just overracting to being tricked last week by the three tribe rumor. But I just have to keep bucking the majority until I finally get one right, and therefore I say that the TC will be intense for a reason that we cannot predict now. Linsey being mad about being betrayed is just too easy (especially with the promo that someone considers betraying an old friend). So I am stubbornly sticking to Teresa as my pick for the boot, but I am getting increasingly nervous about it.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-13-01, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
zzz-
I just don't see a T-bird boot as intense. She's not exactly in a great bargaining position and would probably not be surprised by a vote against her, however, I respect your opinion, even if I don't agree.

I also believe this description of an "intense" TC is indicative of a Lindsey boot and possibly a GXA betrayal. If you go to the thread "zap2it.com ep 7 preview" there are some interesting clues -- all of which point to an end to GXA and new possiblilities for other tribe members. Of course, this is just my opinion. I wish SOTS was up so I could condense all of the clues in my mind.

OFG: Damn you for posting such interesting stuff when I have to meet with my project advisor in two days (gasp!)

Psssst... I was never here

11-14-01, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
Hey Night--

I was the one that posted the E7 Zap2It, so I am fully aware of its suggestion that Lindsey goes. I have now discussed my thoughts on that issue in that thread (I wanted to just post the facts first and respond after others commented). I am even starting to come around to the view that Lindsey is likely to go in E6, but I am on record saying Teresa so I will not change my vote (even though I now have grave doubts about it--I am still sticking to it).

As far as the "intense" TC, I personally do not believe that its intensity will have anything to do with who is booted. That decision comes at the very end--the person leaves immediately--and that is that. WaterRat has suggested one way it could get intense at TC--but of course there are others. I believe that somehow and someway, something happens at TC to stir up controversy and dissension. I cannot tell you in what form this will be or what the issue will be. I just don't think it necessarily has anything to do with who gets booted because that issue is NEVER actually discussed at TC and thus is unlikely to become subject to "intensity" (unless of course someone "wigs" out after being booted as some have speculated Lindsey might do--I just don't buy this).

WaterRat 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WaterRat Click to send private message to WaterRat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "An Intense Boran Tribal Council?"
The clues are too easy... I agree. I also lean toward picking Teresa as the bootee given Diane's friend list and the fact that I can't believe that Teresa would be booted over Clarence in E7 so it has to happen in E6.

But how could Boran show us a "Tribal Council So INTENSE"? How about:

JP: "You've had a full week to integrate as new Boran. How is
that going? .... Ethan, you shook your head, what's up?"

Ethan: "Don't get me wrong, we are doing okay as a team, but
there have been some problems especially with food.
With the merge in question it got dicey."

JP: "Clarence: What was the problem?"

Clarence: "It's simple... we are running out of things to eat
and had some disagreements about the chickens."

JP: "What do you mean?"

Clarence: "Well, some of us thought it would be better to
eat the chickens for the meat. But other's didn't.
Ethan's a vegetarian and wanted to keep them for
their eggs...but the stupid birds haven't even been
laying eggs every day."

Frank: "... or someone has been stealing them..."

I agree that all the clues point to Lindsey. But Diane's list, and Lindsey's supposed hospital stay lead me to believe she will leave next week. That leaves Teresa and some tenseness due to the delayed merge and dwindling food supplies. Wrong? Probably...but it feels right.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-13-01, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
After last week's fiasco (and mainly the incredible LACK of clues) I find it unnerving that the hints are coming so easy, this week. . .

Frank, the obvious archery ringer, teaching his tribe? Lindsey getting her comeuppance? ChapstickBoy betraying his iron-clad alliance?

So. . . here's another clue that Linz is going--and she's not likely to go quietly, I agree. Will Kim AND Brandy vote against her? and if they don't show all the votes, will it be obvious who voted? Certainly, last week Lindsey was shown to be teetering on the edge of. . . whatever the hell it was--it wasn't PMS, because she already got that out of the way, so she must just be a true emotional mess! She was crying in a huddle with her buddies one minute, and having mad animal sex with the immunity idol the next--and I would expect if she's voted out, there's going to be nothing gracious about her exit.

I can see how Boran might be described as intense, if their happy family were suddenly thrown into more of a positioning with the upcoming merge in mind, but I think the best odds for "intense" lie within Samburu. The GXA has been coasting along like they have the world by the balls, and I think it's all gonna come crashing down on them all the sudden--they don't stand a chance, by virtue of their (lack of) work ethic and survival smarts, or their short-sighted alliance.

Of course, I'm also willing to bet Jiffy will continue his tactics of using pointed questioning to work them up into a frenzy first. . . Doesn't he look like he's enjoying that role?

GT

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. ""I Wouldn't Do It To You""
Let's not forget the title of the episode. It's very clearly a statement made by one Survivor to another, and it definitely fits the bill of an "intense" TC, wherein (say) Lindsey hears her name 1, 2, 3...then 4 times. That obviously means she got a vote from either Brandon or Kim P. and would easily feel compelled to say, "I wouldn't do it to you."

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Just a theory"
What is Boran PURPOSEFULLY loses another immunity challenge and votes off Frank. And what if Frank didnt know that they lost it on purpose and he feels betrayed as he is voted off? Just a thought...

11-14-01, 00:14 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Just a theory"
Purposely losing an IC when the merge point is in doubt? Boran would be going down to 4 against 6 in upcoming ICs if the merge were delayed, they weren't counting on that when they lost in ep. 5 (which is another argument, whether they lost intentionally or not). I really don't see any logic to it unless there is someone in the tribe who you obviously want to get rid of. If they knew the merge were going to happen and could then insure that Old Samburu were outnumbered at the merge, sure, there would be logic to that, but not with the merge point in doubt. (ie. I bet Probst was going to introduce this concept to whichever tribe went to TC in 5, it had nothing to do with plans to lose an IC in 5 but to upset such plans in 6.)

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Try this on for size"
So far they haven't given ANY of the players a chance to blast their supposed alliances for stabbing them in the back. It's pretty much just "bring me your torch, time to go". I would be skeptical that Lindsey would be given a chance to blast Kim or Brandon for stabbing her in the back. At most she would get a word or two muttered under her breath like Stacey did is SI. I can't see this as being particularly tense.

What ever is "tense" has to be in the give and take between Jeff and the players, or the players themselves before the vote. In truth I'm not even sure the players are allowed to address each other at TC. I don't remember EVER seeing a conversation back and forth between players at TC.

I also remember that in SII MB/JP were concerned about the players revolting and walking out on the game. I've always wondered and never heard why MB/JP were concerned the players would bolt, but have assumed that this concern is what prompted JP to make the rice for the camp trade.

I offer this to say there is a past history of the players developing a tense relationship with MB/JP.

Consider a scenario where Boran goes back to TC. Ethan, MammaKIm, and Clarence want to vote out Frank, but are concerned that if TC is delayed further they may need his strength for future challenges. Ethan/MammaKim/Clarence decide to confront JP at the next TC that delaying the merge is unfair. JP tells them too bad deal with it.

Ethan, MammaKIm, & Clarence are forced to go to plan B and vote out Theresa.

This continues with the Diane's email list, and leaves Lindsey available to get dehydrated in episode 7 surrounded by elephants.
Under this scenario Lil bit MIGHT rationalize to herself voting against Lindsey. Lindsey spends a night or two in the hospital getting rehydrated with an IV and is well enough in a couple days to joins the others on safari.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-14-01, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-01 AT 02:41 AM (EST)

Here is another thought on this subject. The previews say that someone "considers" betrayal, not that this actually takes place. I think that the Genxers will consider cannabalizing each other, but hold on in hopes of picking up someone post-merge. At TC, when there is a three way tie, Jeff asks for Lindsey, and the old Boran (I have no clue as to who GenX pick) to speak out to try and convince the other guys to switch there votes. This is when Lindsey freaks out and cries and wines, and leaves. Just a little theory incorperating all of the previews.
Naked

Sanchman 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-14-01, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sanchman Click to send private message to Sanchman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
Naked - I think you may be right. If the order in TC is that votes are taken and when there is a tie then the two votees get to each speak on why they should stay and then they revote. Only then if the vote is still tied does prior votes matter. If this is truly the order at TC then indeed Lindsay would go ballistic during her speech/rant on why she is the most valuable member to keep on the tribe.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
Naked and Sanchman -- that could very well happen, but we've seen Lindsey keep her cool the last time she was in a tiebreaker situation. She didn't go nuts or anything like that and just said "Carl doesn't need the money, yadda yadda."

IMO, the 'tension' may be more likely to come from finding out she's being betrayed by one of the other two GXA's. They didn't use the 'TC tension' wording in episode 3 when there WAS real tension to see if Carl or Lindsey could win the tiebreaker.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tied vote"
Sanchman & naked, If there is a tie vote, 3 votes for Lindsey & 3 votes for anyone else, then Lindsey is gone because her previous 4 votes are the tie-breaker. No revote. Neither votee is invited to speak on why they should stay. Tie-breaker rule has been iron clad since S1. Jeff quotes it using the same language each time it comes up and cites it as a rule. The rule is this--when two people are in a tied vote situation, the person with the most previous votes against them loses.

Lindsey (or anyone) could still go berserk, but not because of such a tie vote.

Swami

11-14-01, 10:17 AM (EST)
28. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tied vote"
No, if there is a tie vote then both get to say something on their own behalf and then there is a tie-breaker vote which they have to sit out. If the second vote ties then the deadlock rules come into play.

11-14-01, 10:23 AM (EST)
30. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tied vote"
dabo--

You are fast--beating me to the "punch" so to speak on the explanation. I did include a little more detail and hope we have convinced swami.

11-14-01, 10:22 AM (EST)
29. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tied vote"
Swami--

I am virtually certain that you are wrong. I think it has been well established (look back to both Mitch's boot and Jeff's boot in S2) that even though it is clear who would win a tie break if it is deadlocked, it still has to be established as a deadlock. In other words, it only goes to a tie break after Jeff P has declared a deadlock in the tribe. Jeff P can only declare a deadlock in the tribe after each of the people subject to the tie have a right to state his or her case for staying and the other tribe members have a re-vote. Only after the re-vote is declared a deadlock can Jeff P go to the tie breaking rules (where he asks each person how many prior votes he or she has). So, I think that very well established precedent will show you that Jeff P must show all the vote if it is a 3-3 tie for Lindsey, then go through the motions of a re-vote (just as they had a re-vote when Carl was booted even though everyone know it would remain a tie) before he can declare a deadlock and boot Lindsey based on past votes.

It is possible of course that they can change this procedure (they have obviously felt free to change rules as they please on this show), but very well established procedures and precedent are against you.

11-14-01, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tied vote"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-01 AT 01:59 PM (EST)

zzz, you're right. I stupidly forgot the second vote. Sorry.

Edited to add the word 'stupidly' which I stupidly forgot to add when I was actually being stupid.

Swami

11-14-01, 11:12 AM (EST)
36. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE-tied vote"
swami--

No prob--glad I could clear it up.

11-14-01, 10:42 AM (EST)
31. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
>2) Something brought out by the
>questions: accusations, betrayals?

If Samburu go to tribal Council without knowing who the former Boran are going to vote for, as seems likely, Jeffy P. could really stir up a confrontation between the two groups in his new role as moderator/provocateur.

Brandon & Lindsey especially are both so defensive, they could easily be thrown into a tizzy if JP leads ex-Boran to question their laziness, poorly developed campsite, fouling their own water, etc., etc. (Remember when Lex was at Samburu's muddy water hole the first time? He asked Lindsey in a kind of disgusted voice, 'do you wash in this too?' She looked around herself and just nodded, with a 'what else could we do?' expression on her face.) (What kind of idiot washes in their own drinking water?) That's just one example. I'm sure there are all kinds of topics that the GXA could get defensive on, and the ex-Boran could be led to comment on.

I can see Lindsey, who thinks emotionally--not strategically-- stupidly falling into an argument. Tom & Lex both know how to toss pithy one-liners. It would be quite entertaining (intense).

Anyway, this is one possibility for your point #2.

Swami

11-14-01, 10:47 AM (EST)
33. "3Way Tie!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-01 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

I should have thought of this sooner!

Brandon and Lindsey vote for Tom.
Lex and Tom vote for Brandon.
Kelly and Kim P. form sweathearts alliance, vote for Lindsey, or maybe Lex.

It's possible!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: 3Way Tie!"
That would be a cool scenario! Would love to see that play out...it would be especially intense if the SA (sweethearts alliance) voted for Lex, because none of the potential bootees would have prior votes.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Alternate scenario"
I'll preface this with the statement that I think the most likely scenario is a Samburu TC, but here's another Boran idea...

What if the vote ended up 2-2-1? Frank and T-bird vote for Ethan, Kim and Clarence vote for Teresa (or even Frank), and Ethan votes for Clarence? Could prove for a quite intense breaking of the deadlock. Clarence might change his vote because he's ticked at Ethan for voting for him.

Do I think this is likely? No. I'm leaning more toward a Lindsey tantrum. But I thought it would be interesting to throw it out there to think about.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
Another iteration on the "intense" TC and "betrayal" hype we're hearing, but that no one has suggested is that Brandon ends up taking the walk o' shame. We know from the previews AND from last week that Brandon is volunteering to court votes to save Lindsey's ass. What if Lindsey gets smart to this idea and realizes that she might as well go with the tide and vote with the ex-Borans to give Brandon the boot?

Hey, it's another possibility.

Ottawa_guy 6 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ottawa_guy Click to send private message to Ottawa_guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
I agree that it will be Brandon! I think that it will be a 3-3 tie between him and Lex. They will both make there statements to stay in the game and then Lindsey stabs him in the back. The episode is called " i wouldn't do it to you" but she did! See ya Brandon.

I didn't read all the posts so i am sorry if sombody has already given this as a possibility.

KevMo 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-14-01, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KevMo Click to send private message to KevMo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
A careful reading of the clue suggests the betrayal is not with the GenX group but with a different age aligned group.

"One age-aligned group fights to save one of its own, while another considers betrayal.."

The previews suggest that the GenX's ( in particular Brandon ) will fight to save Lindsey leading me to believe they are the age-aligned group fighting to save one of its own. If true, which age-aligned group considers betrayal. Frank/Theresa/MamaKim perhaps?

11-14-01, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Nobody is betraying anybody"
Whenever a contestant is described as "considering" anything in a preview, it means they don't go through with it.

Does anybody think that if there was actually a crack in an alliance or somebody betraying someone else, it wouldn't be played up for this week?

BETRAYAL!!!
THIS WEEK ON SURVIVOR!!!

I think what we're in for is a pretty boring week with an original Samburu going or possibly an original Boran in the new Samburu tribe (if they don't target Lindsey and they lose the tie-breaker)

-MC

11-14-01, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Nobody is betraying anybody"
I think you're absolutely right, MC. SURVIVOR has an unfortunate rythmn of boring/fabulous, fabulous/boring, and last week was such an incredible change, this is the week it could get REALLY predictable. I mean, Lindsey is so obvious. Also, she's so dumb. I don't think ever even watched this show previous to being on it. She doesn't know how to play the game AT ALL, and I don't think she'd betray Brandon.She's not smart enough to strategize without him. He's all she's got now besides Kim P. No, it's Brandon doing her in, or he really is smarter than everybody else and he gets them to vote for him, then beats one of the Old Boran in the inevitable tie-quiz off. Unfortunately, none of the OBs are on Diane's Little List of Losers. Only Silas mentions Tom as someone he liked. Diane didn't. And then there's the post merge closeness of Kelly and Silas in Hollywood of today, which Kelly's mother keeps going on and on about - in a very proud Mama kind of way, it seems - on San Diego media outlets.
Why do I keep thinking Kelly's going this week? That she's loses a quiz-off to Brandon the (sudden) Brainiac?
Yes, the wording indicates nobody really does anything. Very existential. And "the most intense tribal council EVER?" Could that be on a par with the "most intense Water Buffalo sighting ever?"
Also, next's week promo says " a sick tribe member gets surrounded by elephants, and he.." Who could that be? The only sick male that's been shown at all is Tom. So that indicates he DOESN'T go this week, and the Sambooboos have to vote for someone at TC. So the next choice is Kelly. She fits in with the pseudonymous(sp?) Susan Hawk article saying that the weakest are targeted. And that would be Kelly.
I think I'm going to go over to the other thread and vote for her right now.
Also, Jeff P. has said in interviews that Brandon's sexuality becomes an issue. That has not happened yet. No, Brandon, Tom, and "Clairence" are not going this week.

11-14-01, 06:38 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Nobody is betraying anybody"
I'm actually one of the other two people besides yourself who, so far, has voted for Kelly in the other thread. Largely based on face time and her friendship with Silas.

-MC

11-14-01, 03:25 PM (EST)
42. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
Just because the one group is age-alligned that doesn't mean the other one is, it could be no more than a reference to Ethan's desire to get rid of Clarence.

11-15-01, 01:37 AM (EST)
45. "The Devil You Know Is Better "
If I may point out the "Clairance" spoiler one more time elsewhere on this board(unless it's been deleted). In it, a SB lurker got to Clarence in Detroit and congratulated him on making the merge and Clarence said, "Thank you." Then caught himself. Rolled his eyes and said, "Well, just keep tuning in to see how far I get." (I'm paraphrasing.) He also kept referring to "them", who at this point could only be Ethan and Kim J. and part of "their" plan was to pretend that they wanted him(Clarence)gone. As was totally the case up until the switch.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I totally believed this Detroit spoiler.

Also, there are Boron alliances that we are not being shown and one of them would be Ethan bonding with Clarence after this switch and telling him what he (and presumably Kim Jay from Oyster Bay) want him to do. I.E. scope out Silas, which Clarence did very effectively. I think Kim Jay and Ethan have masterminded this new alliance with Clarence as their "Spy". They pretend to be on the outs with him, while all the while he is gathering info like crazy, and working for his new found friends' alliance, the Old Boron, like crazy.

Clarence had such a WILD look in his eyes when he voted Silas off. It really struck me. What were we seeing I think, was actual delight on Clarence's face for the first time. A kind of joy that FINALLY he was in the with in-crowd, and I think he is. Ethan and Kim Jay have decided to keep him. "The devil you know is better than the Sambooboobs you don't know."
So Clarence may have found new found friends indeed. Or friend. Ethan alone may be running this show and we just haven't been shown that like we weren't shown Tina doing THE EXACT SAME THING last season. And what a shock that was to find out she was the Big Boss Brainiac behind it all. And Tina is Kim Jay's idol. Also, Kim Jay has said on numerous occasions how grateful she is to the men of Boron for keeping her in the game. I believe and trust this woman. She's really growing on me, a jaded professional critic, who has seen far, far too many plays and movies. Ethan I totally admire, and everytime I read this board there is another insight into his character that surprises me, but also seems right. Yes, he's a loner, and now that he alone may be the head Boron is not a problem. I think E. was running the L/E/T alliance, not Lex. He's sure running it now. They are just not showing it to us, which means he's the new mastermind of Survival.

I hope the merge happens on time, but if it's postponed one week, as seems to be the consensus across the Net tonight, watch the Boron win the food RC, as their guardian angel MB(Satan) continues to watch over them, his favorite team, by manipulating the challenges. MB would LOVE an African-American to win in Africa! How perfect is that?! Or another minority, a Jew. Or another older woman after Tina? No. Probably not, but she could make it to the final four. Kim Jay, I mean.

Meanwhile, back on the dark side, Sambooboo is really where all the action will take place this week, when they go to the RC and not see Silas, the three of the teeny-weenies will totally flip and probably lose a big cache of food. (They don't need it anyway. They have plenty according to Lex.) And then their flip-out-trip-out continues through the archery IC. They lose, all hell breaks loose and they have to head to "THE MOST INTENSE TRIBAL COUNCIL EVER!" Well, after all this hype it had better be!

Also, I think it's interesting that instead of front-loading the show like last week's "Watch the first 15 Minutes" they are now telling us that we can't miss the last 15 minutes. So all the action takes place at the Tribal Council, and the rest of the show will be, well, if you've read thus far, you know what's gonna happen.

juan 4 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail juan Click to send private message to juan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
"One age-aligned group fights to save one of its own, while another considers betrayal.." wouldnt this be too obvious that it is Samboru. all we hear is GXA and the former OFA. so the above quote ends up being a whole lot of nothing, and no betrayal in Samb., or the execs. are a bunch of idiots to allow this to go out in previews. or surprise its boran's unseen age aliances.

intense = Jiffy brings in a tv and plays back unseen footage of brandon and kim planning to vote against lindsay and plays that, or threatens to. come on, that would be fun, more so that a 2 hour tie breaker true or false game in which one of them ends up falling asleep and falling into the tribal council fire.

also in other pondering: an article written by alicia (i think) to TV Guide was supposively pulled for one reason or another, spoiler or not. if diane's list of friends, which has played out and even predicted carl against our better judgement, why would MB and cbs people allow her to have made that comment? i still want to believe that they are screwing with our heads, please show me you guys are smart and doing this!!!! pull alicia's article to draw controversy, and after proving dianes list week after week throw a wrench in it all when we expect to see Teresa and the rest of the list to go soon. was it howard stern and rosie who both on their shows told of survivor news being an early merge to throw off the people who caught onto the swap??? i want to believe! i dont like lindsay but maybe all this hospital talk was planted long ago. give me some me something exciting.

11-16-01, 11:12 AM (EST)
47. "RE: A Tribal Council So INTENSE"
Again--I disagree with an MB characterization. It reminds me why I am so skeptical of taking any spoiler value from these sorts of promos. I would NOT call that IC "intense." Once Lindsey name was shown, we knew she was gone (not that it wasn't pretty obvious before that). What is so intense about a bunch of losers crying and stating undying loyalty for each other? Emotional, perhaps, but intense--I think not. Intense implies either stong confrontation or great suspense. This IC had neither--just a few cry babies.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •