Finally, the final QF of the season, Wild Cards. No idea which acts will be the top three for this week, what I do know is I am totally fed up with the judges trying to be the show. Quit it all of you!
01. The Kinetic King. kinetic artist. (Piers WC pick) Bigger isn't always better. I enjoyed this, lot of stuff going on, but I was more impressed in his earlier auditions when he had those trails of tongue depressors flying up in formation. Okay show, his quirky personality is his selling point.
02. Those Funny Little People. novelty act. (Howie WC pick) X by Piers. Honestly, Howie picked these guys to get on Piers' case, and it worked, and enough already. Is it entertaining, yes. Is it talent? Mainly it is gimmick. They don't sing, they really can't dance, in terms of being in a talent competition it is a complete waste of time.
03. Avery and the Calico Hearts, singing trio. (Sharon WC pick) X by Piers. Individually they may be good singers but as a group they are not a good singing group.
04. Seth Grabel. magician. (Howie WC pick) Up until the end when he finally did a magic trick I thought he'd hung up his wand, I'd have buzzed him and don't know why Piers didn't.
05. Shevonne. singer. (Sharon WC pick) Finally, an act worth voting for! Much better than the youtube singer that got through last week.
06. West Springfield Dance Team. theatrical dance troupe. (Sharon WC pick) Enjoyable performance, not as strong as last week but it was only a week between shows for them. Passable. But if America seds them home, well they should be getting back to school about now anyway.
07. J. Chris Newberg. comedian. (Howie WC pick) X by Piers. Roast comedy without being flanked by two tables of drunk revellers, that's a highwire act without a net. I thought it went well, not as rough as your usual roast comedy but children watch this show so I approve.
08. Yellow Designs Stunt Team. BMX bike tricks. (Sharon WC pick) Exciting act, well presented, but honestly another fall. They previously had a fall, and they previously had an equipment failure, if they do manage to come back they better finally get it right.
09. Charles Peachock. juggler. (Piers WC pick) A rare drop from Charles, and even more surprising Piers forgave it. I like this guy, even voted for him to come back in the AGT poll, so I'll pull a surprising Piers here and say passable.
10. The Fiddleheads. bluegrass band. (Howie WC pick) X by Piers. Poor song choice or just bad sound mixing, I can't decide, but it wasn't a good set, no excuse either way.
11. Summerwind Skippers. jump rope act. (Piers WC pick) Enjoyable performance with another glaring mistake by a bunch of kids who probably should be going back to school.
12. Landon Swank. magician. (Piers WC pick) Great performance, loved how he used pre-recording on the backdrop to do the set-up while also getting the act underway, top act of the night.
vince3 tributes thread