Not an overwhelming night, and the bickering between the judges and even Nick got out of hand. I did think the directors did better than usual this week, with only one act that might have been hurt by some poor choices.
01. TNC Elite. clogging group. Could have used more clogging, passable.
02. Brett Daniels. illusionist. X by Piers. The tricks were alright but it was a very slow set and boring.
03. Gabe Rocks. dog act. X by Piers. I'll give them a break on the slow pacing because you can't throw an animal act into an unfamilier venue and expect it to go perfectly, very impressive well trained dog. I wouldn't waste a vote on it but it wouldn't bother me to see if Gabe can do better next time.
04. Aeon. parkour group. X by Piers. I enjoyed this act but it wasn't as good as it should have been, they should have given themselves more room and not had the dancers.
05. Breena Bell. dancer/contortionist. X by Piers. Amusing cute kid, appropriate attire for her age (her audition outfit, on the other hand...). Talanted but not an impressive performer.
06. Kevin Colis. singer. Nice song, good performance, passable but out of his league.
07. Beth Ann Robinson. dancer. I enjoyed it, another year or two she'll be ready for prime time.
08. Gymkana. acrobatics team. Impressive gymnastics, need to work on honing their performance, might want to consider breaking into two squads rather than having everyone crammed into center stage.
09. Kalani Basketball Freestyle. basketball tricks. X by Piers. Didn't go well, sorry. (Even had it gone well, the directing made it impossible to follow all of the basketball tricks.)
10. West Springfield Dance Team. theatrical dance. Good set flawed by a horrible (annoying) backdrop, too many of them to follow all the action under any circumstances, passable.
11. Matt Wilhelm. blacklight bike tricks. Winner of most votes of the YouTube auditions. Very neat and fun act, the costume unfortunately needs more work as it doesn't stand out as well as it should when it is supposed to stand out. Best act of the night (not that that means much considering the night it was).
12. Powerhouse Choir. glee club. X by Howie. Singing just didn't live up to the powerhouse billing, no thanks.