LAST EDITED ON 08-03-11 AT 00:45 AM (EST)
Another week where it is tough to decide on four acts to vote for, with some failures knocking themselves out of the running IMHO.
01. The Kinetic King. kinetic artist. X by Piers. X by Howie. Total failure. But at least he took it well and with humor. Shame it failed though ultimately it was never a headline act.
02. Zuma Zuma. tumblers/acrobats. Highlight of the show, these guys were great and even some bad directing couldn't sink them.
03. Avery and the Calico Hearts. singing trio. Cute kids, off key and bad harmonies, didn't work for me.
04. Charles Peachock. juggler. X by Sharon. X by Howie. i have seen this sort of juggling before and it worked for me. Well done, though a bit slow at the start, and the break to rip off his shirt before continuing did disrupt the flow of the act somewhat.
05. Sam B. comedy dancer. X by Piers. Took himself too seriously and left out some of the more amusing Chris Farley moves, fail.
06. Taylor Davis. singer. X by Piers. Nice song, off key, unemotional performance, fail.
07. Melissa Villasenor. impressionist. Did include some singing in the set. I liked it and thought it passable, but this sort of material needs to be honed with audiences, even just groups cornered at the pool or in the smoking area.
08. Scott Alexander. magician. Didn't know where he was going for awhile, simple trick pulled off with flair and showmanship.
09. Fatally Unique. dance crew. I thought they blew it with a tight but lifeless performance, gushing judges maybe saw a different show but I don't recall any stunt moves at all. Horrible lighting and staging, nothing song had no connection to the routine.
10. Yellow Designs Stunt Team. BMX bike stunts. Despite a fall they otherwise performed well, it was exciting, and the production tea party aspects ... (couldn't help myself, I got the giggles).
11. Frank Miles. danger act. Well, he says it is all dangerous, and maybe this time there was a little bit more danger than in his previous appearances. Good showman with stage presence, but I've seen enough of it.
12. Team iLuminate. glow-light costume dancers. Fun, enjoyable performance, nice way to end the show, wouldn't mind seeing them go on to the next round.