The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Teresa is going in episode and Lindsay is going in episode 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-12-01, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Teresa is going in episode and Lindsay is going in episode 7"
If you make the assumption that there is a merge at episode 7 (thats what the Survivor website at CBS.com says) and if you believe that Teresa and Lindsay are the next to survivors to be eliminated (Diane's friends), then I think Teresa has to go in episode 6 and Lindsay in episode 7. It makes sense to em that if Boran loses the episode 6 immunity challenge then either Frank or Teresa get voted out (I would generally think that Frank would be selected, but maybe the Borans are afraid that merger won't actually take place in week 7). When the merge take place in episode 7, the 6 surviving Borans vote out the most annoying young S tribe member (Lindsay).

However, it doesn't make sense to me to have Teresa eliminated in episode 7. For that to occur the S tribe must lose immunity in episode 6 and vote out Lindsay (I likely event if S loses the immunity challenge). However, when the merge takes place, why would Teresa be the next S tribe member voted out? She's not much of a physical threat. SHe gets along wiht most people (even the Young S tribe members seem to kinda like her) I can't think of any scenario that expains Teresa's eliminateion in episdoe 7. Can anyone else?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Teresa is going in episode and ... zzz 11-12-01 1
   RE: Teresa is going in episode and ... esquire 11-12-01 2
       RE: Teresa is going in episode and ... zzz 11-12-01 3
 RE: Teresa is going in episode and ... javbear 11-12-01 4
 RE: Teresa is going in episode and ... gemstone 11-12-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-12-01, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Teresa is going in episode and Lindsay is going in episode 7"
esquire--

I basically agree with you reasoning, but there are a number of assumptions you make that may not be true. Assumption 1--Teresa and Lindsey are the next 2 booted. I agree that Diane's list leads to this conclusion and I think it is most likely to be true. But you ask how your order could be wrong--your assumption that Diane's list gives us the next 2 boots could be wrong.

You make one other assumption that may be wrong--that the merge will occur on schedule in E7. CBS website notwithstanding, we have no guarantee this will happen. If it does not happen, this would explain booting Teresa in E7 (a fear that the merge could be delayed even further). Nevertheless, even if the merge does not occur in E7 (something I still have some doubt about), by the E7 TC, they have to believe the merge is coming very soon. Thus, I have some doubts Teresa would have been the target in E7 even if the merge had not occurred in E7.

These qualifiers notwithstanding, I agree that your scenario is most likely--and in fact I posted a similar analysis (although I did not assume an E7 merge) a few days ago (you might have missed it among the numerous posts on this board). I also agree that if Boran knew for sure the merge would come in E7, Frank or Clarence would have been the boot in E6--but with the merge in doubt, Teresa goes in E6 and Lindsey in E7 (although I am not as convinced as you that the merge occurs in E7, I still think it might come in E8--but either way Lindsey is very likely to be the boot in E7).

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-12-01, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Teresa is going in episode and Lindsay is going in episode 7"
My point was if you believe that the merge takes place in episode 7 and that Teresa and Lindsay are the next 2 bootees (and I do believe both of those theories), then Teresa must go first.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-12-01, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Teresa is going in episode and Lindsay is going in episode 7"
esquire--

Point well taken--although I am not completely conviced either theory can be completely relied on. I actually think E8 merge is quite likely, but I think logic leads to the same conclusion. Neverthless, I agree with you 100% that if you are correct that the merge happens in E7 and Lindsey and Teresa are the next two bootees--then it MUST be Teresa E6 and Lindsey E7.

javbear 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-12-01, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail javbear Click to send private message to javbear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Teresa is going in episode and Lindsay is going in episode 7"
Here is a scenario for Lindsey going in Ep. 6 and Teresa in Ep. 7:
In Ep. 6, NuSamburu loses immunity and Lindsey goes (with 4 prior votes and her annoying personality that's not too hard to imagine).
In Ep. 7, there is no merge. Ethan freaks out (as he often does, he is soooo paranoid) and feels like it's possible that a merge may not come until Final 4 or something. NuBoran loses immunity. Ethan and MamaKim believe that they cannot get rid of Clarence safely yet because they don't know when merge will happen and need to have NuBoran remain as strong as possible. They're not worried about Lex, Tom, & Kelly over in NuSamburu going to Tribal Council because they have the numerical advantage over Brandon/KimP. So, in order to have NuBoran remain strong until the merge happens (whenever that may be), they decide to vote off a weaker member ... obviously, it won't be KimJ, so they vote off Teresa (with clueless Clarence's vote). .
In Ep. 8, the merge happens so that all post-merge people are either on the jury or F2. KimJ & Ethan kick themselves for voting off Teresa instead of Clarence now that they know that the merge happens just one episode later. Now they have immunity threat Clarence to deal with in the merged tribe.

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-12-01, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Teresa is going in episode and Lindsay is going in episode 7"
"Diane's friends" also included Ethan who says she really likes. She only knew him 3 days. Maybe she gets to know him better after next episode. No one in Boran is safe.

If Boran loses next IC then Teresa could go but that means Frank, Clarence, Teresa and Kim have decided to be content with the title "also ran". These 4 aligning to boot Ethan is their only chance to get anywhere near the F4. Lex likes the young Samburus and will want to boot Frank before them. Clarence will be gone as soon as it is safe. Teresa is already gone. Kim may sneak in but they may not want to risk her getting that close worried she may sneak into the F2.

Kim, Frank, Clarence and Teresa pick up Kelly or a young Samburu and they have the majority.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •