The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rock Star Love List: week 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Current Message

freefromwhatyouare 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-14-05, 03:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail freefromwhatyouare Click to send private message to freefromwhatyouare Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10"
Well the show is almost over and I think its probably the best music related reality show yet....however it does have it's limitations and lack of talent. But we will wait till it's over to get into all that's wrong with the way musicians and music are used on T.V.

Last night's performances:

Suzie:

Once again we see her vocal limitations and once again she can't get through a song without messing up the lyrics. She seems to try and act like a "Rock Star" but she comes off as fake and really makes herself seem cheesy and lame. She reminds one of a high school talent show performer.

J.D.

I liked how he took 'Money' and stayed somewhat true to the original...This is really my fav performance by him...and I think 'Pretty Vegas' is a decent song, but not something I would spin on my player. INXS will never sell mega in the states again..so if they want to stick his voice on the songs they already wrote and tour..then drop his #####..then do it. INXS will be nothing more than a blurb on the radar with or without any of these vocalists.

Marty:

By far the most talented of the crew....His voice has distance and makes you wake up and take notice. Radiohead's 'Creep' is a deep song that screams pain and loneliness. I think he did ok with it, but the mix was horrible at least on my sound system..couldn't really hear the vocal. Marty doesn't need this gig and getting on the show will give him and his band a little needed exposure. So mission accomplished..Nice work Marty.

Mig:

Big theater background....this is not something that should hurt a musician. Michael H. was a great performer and learned some chops on some smaller stages. Didn't enjoy what he did tonight with 'Paint it Black' and his second song just didn't have the feeling and passion of it's original intent. Mig has some talent but is not a front man.

Well now it's up to the underwhelming sunglass crew to pick a singer...Most would run from this gig with a band that will never be what they were with Michael. The upcoming album will sell a little over a mill worldwide...thats with like 35 grand being sold here in the states. You won't be hearing much from these cats no matter who sings with this band.

I enjoyed the show at times over the last weeks and think shows of this type are more in line with reality than watching a bunch of losers talking about peanut butter and butt cracks in some cheesy house.

Peace and Love!

Michael...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Rock Star Love List: week 10   dreamerbeliever     09-14-05       
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   cycles2k     09-14-05     1  
     RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   jpl68     09-14-05     9  
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   kay_tin     09-14-05     2  
     RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   freefromwhatyouare     09-14-05     4  
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   photokitty     09-14-05     3  
     RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   weltek     09-14-05     11  
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   cheesybread     09-14-05     5  
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   Glow     09-14-05     6  
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   Breezy     09-14-05     7  
     RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   Moother     09-14-05     8  
     RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   mmcook     09-14-05     12  
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   weltek     09-14-05     10  
     RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   mmcook     09-14-05     13  
     RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   jpl68     09-14-05     14  
         RE: sliding on the band   LaLaLisa     09-15-05     22  
     RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   youngatheart     09-14-05     15  
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   CattyChat     09-14-05     16  
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   AndrewTN     09-14-05     17  
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   trigirl     09-14-05     18  
     RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   weltek     09-14-05     19  
         RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   dreamerbeliever     09-14-05     20  
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 10   LaLaLisa     09-14-05     21  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •