The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Animal Symbolism: Kim J is Finally the leader of Boran"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-10-01, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Animal Symbolism: Kim J is Finally the leader of Boran"
We saw quite a bit of animal symbolism in the last episode, the dung beetle, the animal pooping.

however did you notice the Elephant symbolism?

Kim J has emerged the leader of Boran through the Swap. She was shown slowly bonding with Teresa, the Boran tribe is now a Matriarchal society.

A herd of Elephants came by (they are matriarchal) as the Boran tribe marveled at their greatness it was just another hint that the elephants society correlated with Borans

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Have to disagree... BaquaR13 11-10-01 1
   RE: Have to disagree... zzz 11-10-01 5
       RE: Have to disagree... Afreaqua 11-12-01 8
       RE: A point to ponder..... Dalton 11-12-01 12
 RE: Animal Symbolism: Kim J is ... dangerkitty 11-10-01 2
   RE: Animal Symbolism: Kim J is ... PepeLePew13 11-10-01 3
       I agree. bebekid 11-10-01 4
 RE: Animal Symbolism: Kim J is ... Rose Red 11-10-01 6
   RE: Animal Symbolism: Kim J is ... Afreaqua 11-12-01 9
   RE: Animal Symbolism: Kim J is ... Afreaqua 11-12-01 10
 Any significance? MC_Hampster 11-12-01 7
   RE: Any significance? wendyp 11-12-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-10-01, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Have to disagree..."
I agree that she is possibly emerging as a leader, but she is obviously not the leader yet. I say this because it was clear that she wanted Clarence to go last episode(Ethan clearly stating it to Silas, and her disgusted look when it Silas was leaving the TC and not Clarence) and Ethan was planning to get Silas out. If Kim was the true leader i think that we would have seen Clarence leave last time, rather than Silas.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-10-01, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Have to disagree..."
Baqua--

Ummmmmm--I think Ethan lied to Silas. For whatever reason he preferred that Silas vote for Clarence, but he KNEW Silas was a gonner. KimJ did NOT want to vote for Clarence, she wanted to vote for Silas--bit Ethan was not going to tell Silas that. Ethan used KimJ as an excuse to try to get Silas to vote Clarence (which did not work--voted for Frank).

This logic also supports a theory advanced by some that I now support that Clarence would have been the next target, but the delayed merge has now put Teresa's head on the chopping block and she will be the next to go.

Remember, people on the show lie--and MB lies. You have to read between the lines (which of course you will often misread--an inherent danger of spoiling).

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-12-01, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Have to disagree..."
I think when Ethan said "I LIKE Frank" he meant it. I think he would just rather Clarence get more votes against him in anticipation of future TC, perhaps after the merge. I think it was obvious from day one that EVERYONE could see right through Silas.

Actually Clarence is rather likeable (I think he was just playing Silas along....perhaps some of the other tribe members actally ASKED him to sort of bond with him and find out more). I was really sorry to see him pull that dumb stunt the first show. I'm not an arfican american but would have loved it if an african american could place really well in this game. They've been unlucky with the ones chosen so far.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-12-01, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A point to ponder....."
zzz, reading your statement below:

>This logic also supports a theory
>advanced by some that I
>now support that Clarence would
>have been the next target,
>but the delayed merge has
>now put Teresa's head on
>the chopping block and she
>will be the next to
>go.

You are stating that the merge is "delayed" as though it were a FACT instead of a speculation; it is NOT. Then you are basing Teresa's possible fate on relying on speculation not FACT.
>
>Remember, people on the show lie--and
>MB lies.

YES, indeed. That is the main reason that assuming an off-hand possibility thown in by Jiffy Probe that the Merge might not occur at the usual time and turning it into a FACT...is a very risky thing to do!!

Dalton
PS. Especially when in E-3 Jiffy Probe TOLD the Samburu tribe that going into the Merge 4-strong with one not so strong alliance when Boran could have a strong 5-person alliance clearly indicates that the Merge was/is scheduled at TEN people as usual.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-10-01, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Animal Symbolism: Kim J is Finally the leader of Boran"
I agree that there may be something to the elephant symbolism. Elephants are extremely loyal, intelligent, family-oriented animals. They stick together and they may move slowly, but they make it. They also live a long time.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-10-01, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Animal Symbolism: Kim J is Finally the leader of Boran"
>Elephants are extremely loyal, intelligent, family-oriented
>animals. They stick together and they may move slowly,
>but they make it. They also live a long time.

I think this is also a good hint that Lex, Tom and Kelly will reconnect with Kim J and Ethan after the merge (if and when it does come) and they'll act as a voting bloc to go far in the game (loyalty, stick together). They might take Frank (family-oriented) and perhaps Teresa along with them for the ride.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-10-01, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I agree."
At this point, and of course, individual immunity is always a wild card, I am looking for Lex, Ethan, Kelly, and Tom to be the final 4. KimJ will be number 5, and Frank and Theresa will be six and seven. Clarence and the GXA will go first.

I know the arguments for Theresa going before Clarence, and that is possible, but the original Boran will hate to do it, and will only do it if there is no other option. If they can be assured of the date of the merge, Clarence is gone.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-01, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Animal Symbolism: Kim J is Finally the leader of Boran"
You know, I thought so,too. And I was glad. Only I'm afraid that the BRUTE FORCE that is needed to keep going is going to doom Teresa, whom we've been told on the Survivor Insider is sick(dysentery?)If there's no merge, they have to keep the strong ones and the Boron have been voting with their cooler-than-cool heads, and Mamakim, retired schoolteacher and grandmother of the new century, I'm SO SURE is the smartest of the remaining Boron. She got all those guys to keep her on, even though she's the weakest physically. SMART WOMAN. Like Tina. Also, like Tina, she'll get rid of all the other women and surround herself with just men, if she can. She's got Ethan wrapped around her little finger. Have you noticed this?

11-12-01, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Animal Symbolism: Kim J is Finally the leader of Boran"
I believe that the challenges will start getting slightly LESS physically exhausting (with the food/water situation) The earlier ones required a lot of brute force. We've yet to see one of those *see who can stay here the longest* types either.

Having seen two other survivors and now part of this one I've come to the conclusion that the type of wisdom that does come with age is very valuable. Brute force and youth is not the most essential thing to survival. When you look at peoples worldwide who live off the land, the older people in EVERY situation are looked up to. It's only in this media-whore type of society where the aged are laughed at and put down because such a high priority is placed on looks. It's style over substance....and that's not what it takes to survive.

Kim J seems to be a really nice person. I think both she and Ethan ar responsible for this team being as tight as they are.

11-12-01, 01:36 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Animal Symbolism: Kim J is Finally the leader of Boran"
Oh yeah....also, women, who don't posess BRUTE strength have a lot more endurance for sustained low-level activity. Combine that with a natural ability to put up with more pain and discomfort, less food, and a natural empathy (with a few Linsey type exceptions), it's highly possible for a woman to go all the way. I haven't seen much of Theresa, but I don't think she's going right away like some seem to think either.

I think Kim J and Theresa are mature enough not to let shallow gender competition get in the way of their friendship. If one votes the other off the reason would be a lot more complex than that.

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-01, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Any significance?"
I've been on the boards since S2, and I don't know if we've actually ever seen animal symbolism to mean anything significant. Sure, some of the symbolism is obvious during the show, but has it ever showed us anything that happens in the future (3 animals in last episode != 3 tribes, Kangaroo struggling out of the river and making it != Kucha coming back to win it)

-MC

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-12-01, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Any significance?"
I agree with you that not all the symbolism is going to provide insight to the future. But if you remember all the talk about Jeri being the Black widow, it did turn out correct, we just did not know when. In the final vote Jeri "killed" Colby's hopes for the million by voting for Tina.

I think some of the pictures mean something. The trick is to find out how it refers to and when.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •