The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-15-06, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 12"
Since nobody has started this thread, so shall I.

After sleeping on it, this is how i see it.

* STANDOUTS *

Taylor/Chris - tie for the top. They both picked the perfect song for themselves and did excellent. Taylor turned down the twitching and "whoo"s, and like Chris, made the song his own. Chris did what Chris does best - he rocked out.

Katherine - She's definately a jazz singer along the lines of Norah Jones. Also, picked the perfect song and did it well.

Mandisa - she can sing anything. I love her voice.

* MIDDLE/AVERAGE *

Everyone not above or below. Basically 'ok' performances

* BOTTOM OF THE BARREL *

Melissa - totally boring
Kevin - totally out of his league

Kellie - total, utter trainwreck.

Kellie did everythign wrong - the hair, the dress, the song choice, the performance.

Kellie SHOULD go, but i don't think it will happen. Not a chance. America luvs her, and will keep her around a lot longer. I think its Melissa's night to go.

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 mrc 03-15-06 1
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Glow 03-15-06 2
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 geekboy 03-15-06 3
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Glow 03-15-06 4
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Breezy 03-15-06 5
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 geekboy 03-15-06 6
       I disagree Breezy 03-15-06 8
           RE: I disagree tamarama 03-15-06 36
               RE: I disagree Bob Loblaw 03-15-06 43
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 mrc 03-15-06 11
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Glow 03-15-06 18
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Breezy 03-15-06 20
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 tenmeters 03-15-06 39
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Magnolia_Rocker 03-15-06 7
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 PhoenixMons 03-15-06 9
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Snidget 03-15-06 10
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 geg6 03-15-06 12
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 emydi 03-15-06 19
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Lisapooh 03-15-06 13
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 soldiersmom 03-15-06 14
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Stormy Valley 03-15-06 15
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Devious Weasel 03-15-06 16
   Tier Who's That Other Contestant? PhoenixMons 03-15-06 21
       RE: Tier Who's That Other Contestan... Devious Weasel 03-15-06 26
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 nailbone 03-15-06 22
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 zazzy 03-15-06 17
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 mrc 03-15-06 28
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 nailbone 03-15-06 23
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Glow 03-15-06 25
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 nailbone 03-15-06 34
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 frisky 03-15-06 24
   Kellie's forgotten lyrics Hoobie 03-15-06 30
 Chris Chez 03-15-06 27
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 CattyChat 03-15-06 29
   thankyou Breezy 03-15-06 32
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 samboohoo 03-15-06 31
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Iconoclastic 03-15-06 33
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 nailbone 03-15-06 35
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 selah 03-15-06 37
           RE: Rankings - Top 12 Bob Loblaw 03-15-06 44
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 tamarama 03-15-06 38
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 weird al 03-15-06 40
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 FFantasyFX 03-15-06 41
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 xwraith27 03-15-06 42
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Bob Loblaw 03-15-06 45
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 hplotr251 03-20-06 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-15-06, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
1. Chris--He's in a different league.
2. Taylor--Ditto, but for different reasons.
3. Katharine--Ditto, but for other different reasons.
4. Paris--Vocally excellent. Her personality grates on my nerves, though, and I think she probably does other people the same way.
5. Mandisa--Pretty good.
6. Lisa--Very Star-Searchy, but good.
7. Bucky--It was okay.
8. Kellie--Just okay.
9. Elliot--Utterly forgettable, which will be his demise.
10. Ace--Painful.
11. Kevin--Embarrasingly painful. And his cockiness is getting on my nerves. I hope he realizes that he is a joke.
12. Melissa--She could have knocked that song out of the ballpark. Instead, she warbled and stumbled her way through. Not digging her personality either.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
1. Chris – dude.
2. Taylor – my favorite Taylor performance to date. And that? Is really saying something.
3. Katharine – dude.
4. Paris – that’s the girl I remember from the beginning. Is it my imagination or did she steal Kellie’s “thaynk yew”?
5. Bucky – I was worried about him this week but I thought it was really good. Definitely my favorite of the first half.
6. Mandisa – it wasn’t good to me until she started the screaming.
7. Elliot – It occurred to me the other day that he reminds me of Anwar. Not looks, obviously, but he was a clear stand out in the early parts of the show. Now? He’s going to start boring people.
8. Ace – eh.
9. Lisa – didn’t like it. I was glad to see her “step it up” a bit though.
10. Kellie - blah
11. Kevin - yikes. I do think that he is very aware that he is a joke. I hope.
12. Melissa – Her voice was okay but I cannot stand when people forget their lyrics. And.come.on. Who forgets the lyrics to Lately? Last night made me think it should have been Ayla up there. At least she would have studied and remembered the freakin words. Never thought I'd put anybody below Kevin at this point in the "competition".

03-15-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
But you put Kellie above Kevin? You thought she did better than Kevin?

geekboy

03-15-06, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
Yes. Yes, I think she did better than Kevin. That's not really saying much.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
1. Katherine- *gasp* yep I think a girl was the best last night.

2. Taylor- My man was hot tonight, he would have been first but they mixed in the background vocals over him last night. They drowned him out at times.

3. Elliot- I liked it, I like how his songs come out effortlessy. I agree with whomever said he would be the sleeper of this years competition.

4. Chris- he's only being ranked this high because the rest were so bad. It was Stevie Wonder night, not Red Hot Chili Peppers. I was disappointed in him.

5. Lisa- not much to say about her.

6. Mandisa- me no likey a screamy singer. She screams her songs.

7. Bucky- oh my gawd! The hair! That's all I could think.

8. Kellie- she's this high just because I think she's so darn cute. WORSE.SONG.CHOICE.EVER

9. Paris- Stevie's fault she's this low for me. He's right she does sound like Fantasia. I was never a Fantasia fan.

10. Ace- Ick.

11. Kevin- Little man needs to remember his manners. Was soooo not impressed with his attitude last night.

12. Melissa- I'm sorry Melissa, but you received the lowest amount of votes and have been voted off AI.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

03-15-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 09:10 AM (EST)

>4. Chris- he's only being ranked this high because the rest >were so bad. It was Stevie Wonder night, not Red Hot Chili Peppers. I was disappointed in him.

I disagree with you here strongly. Its a "Night Of Stevie Wonder Songs", not "Stevie Wonder Karaoke" night. This is why i ranked Chris as a tie for the top. He did a Stevie Wonder song but made it a Chris Daughtry song. THIS is what I want to see on AI.

geekboy

03-15-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I disagree"
He did not make it a Chris Daughtry song, he did a "karaoke" version of a Red Hot Chili Pepper song.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: I disagree"
>>He did not make it a Chris Daughtry song, he did a "karaoke" version of a Red Hot Chili Pepper song.<<

Thank you Breezy --

I copied and bolded your comment because it JUST NEEDS TO BE SAID AGAIN.

As for Simon’s comments about Chris being the only non-karaoke (or whatever it was he said) – I’m guessing Simon has never heard the RHCP cover of this song. If Chris had rearranged a different Stevie song I would have been impressed. Someone else has already done it to this song.

Also, a man his age that’s so unfamiliar with Stevie Wonder that he didn’t know the RHCP recording was a cover…well, I don’t have high hopes for him on the other theme nights.

I’m sure he’s just hoping that some contemporary rock band has covered at least one song from each of the themes he’ll be facing.

Bob Loblaw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-15-06, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bob%20Loblaw Click to send private message to Bob%20Loblaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: I disagree"
You both are SO right! I had the exact same negative reaction to his song last night--Simon clearly never heard the Chili Peppers version Chris ripped off, and I'd go so far as to say Chris's voice even suffered in comparison to Anthony Keidis....

If it had been a Mariah cover that all three judges had heard before, they would have known how weak it was by comparison. Chris still had a top three performance in last night's weak class, but he was nowhere near Taylor and Katherine's league....

03-15-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
So, by calling Elliot a sleeper, you mean he puts us to sleep, right?

What is Phil's golf equipment?

03-15-06, 10:46 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
heh. You took the words right out of my mouth, mercy.

As far as Chris' performance last night, it was not even close to karaoke. It was a wonderful blend of the two. It was Chris' version. He owned it.

03-15-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
Heh, Kellie's was the song to put peeps to sleep last night.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-15-06, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
This is the best ranking so far except that I would exchange Melissa for Kellie.
I think Kellie did a horrendous job last night and should go. Even Kevin probbably did better last night( You have to close your eyes though to appreciate this as kevin's moves were just plain ridiculous.)
I agree 100% that Katharine was the best. And I'm glad you ranked Elliot up there for he was really among the best. i don't know what Simon and other people were listening to last night.
It was just irritating.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-15-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
As a whole this night blew....I really was hoping they would do themes like last year and not go back to artist nights. Blech.

1. Chris - My.god.I.love.this.man. Great choice of song for him to sing. It's all about song choice in this competition and he does that well.

2. Taylor - He still makes me beam when he performs. Like I said about him since the beginning it's his passion for the music that makes me enjoy him so much. And the fact that he has a phenomenal voice. ;)

3. Katharine - My favorite girl since the beginning. She has a beautiful voice, a lovely face and she has personality out on the stage. You go girl.

4. Mandisa - Love her still but she does need to tone down the screaming some. That's getting on my nerves a bit.

5. Elliott - This is his type of music. I felt bad for him because he did sing his favorite Stevie Wonder song already during this competition so he had to do another choice and I thought he did it wonderfully. He only needs to work on his appearance a bit more and stage presence.

6. Bucky - I think he did well seeing as how this is on the verge of being about as far away from his norm as you can get. Song choice was a bit safe but he did sing it well and brought a bit of country sound to Stevie's song.

7. Paris - (Fantasia 2.0) She was one of my favorites during auditions but since then she falls lower and lower in my rankings every week. I didn't think she did as well during this song as everyone else thought. She sounded forced during at least half the song IMO. Just ok for me.

8. Ace - Not much to say except he's cute, he can carry a tune and he works the stage.

9. Lisa - I would have preferred to put her much lower since I'm ready for this little one to be gone but there were much worse performances than hers. One word for lil' Miss Lisa....BORING. Even with an up-tempo song she still bored me to tears. She's too coached for my taste. Go back to The Lion King hun.

10. Kevin - I loved a comment I read on these boards about Kevin looking like a wounded little bird, he definitely looked that part tonight dancing across the stage. I did get up and go to the kitchen during his performance so I heard him without seeing him and he didn't sound that bad tonight. Therefore he stays out of my bottom two for this week. I also loved his comment bact to Simon. The little chicken knows how to spur!

11. Kellie - What can I say except this was horrible. Wrong everything. What is wrong with the stylists for this show? Just about every girl was dressed in totally the wrong stuff tonight. Someone needs to be fired. :/

12. Melissa - Tsk, tsk, tsk. Really hun what were you thinking? This is the TOP 12 and you FORGET THE LYRICS???!!! Very, very sad. She also sounded like she was forcing most of the song that she did remember the lyrics to. Buh-Bye.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-15-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 09:27 AM (EST)

Well, there were some great performances and some really really terrible ones...not much in the middle last night!

1. Taylor - I thought Taylor picked the perfect song (I thought Bucky should have done this song, but this was definitely a great choice for Taylor as well) and did a great job with it!

2. Chris - I'm getting some serious Chris-pimping vibes from the production of his performance last night, but that doesn't have any impact on how great he was. It didn't wow me like some of his other performances have, but it was still very good. My one main issue was that it seemed too Chili Pepper-ish and not enough Stevie Wonder. Now, I've never heard the Chili Peppers version (didn't know they had one), but I got the distinct impression that he was doing the Chli Peppers version since it sounded NOTHING like Stevie's (which I think he could have done just fine...it is the song I picked for him to do for a reason).

3. Paris - Finally Paris is back! I love her voice (I don't think the comparisons to Fantasia have ANYTHING to do with her voice but with the WAY they feel the music and the way they really get into their performances...they really don't sound much alike) and hope the rest of her performances are more like this one and less like the last three weeks. I think she could be very annoying soon...I think we need more of sweet Paris from the auditions or America is going to send her home prematurely.

4. Katharine - Man, that dress was distracting...seriously. But, the girl has a phenomenal voice. She chose a great song and did some wonderful things with the arrangement...she just needs to be more engaging on stage as a performer. That's her biggest 'issue' (like Elliot).

5. Elliot - I just love the guy's voice, but he needs to do some serious work on his performance. It was better than it's been, though. I have a feeling that his "look" wouldn't at all be noticeable if he'd gain some confidence and look more comfortable on stage.

6. Mandisa - parts were really nice, but it just didn't blow me away. I don't think she picked the right song...she could've done wonders (haha, get it) with another Stevie song. It was far better than those below her, though.

ENORMOUS DROP (like Simon said...it was like two different competitions)

7. Lisa - I don't get all the Lisa praise/love. Her voice is very plain and boring and pageant-y (or Star Search-y as someone else said) and there's just something about her voice that bothers me the more I hear it. Not a good performance last night (and now we know why she always sings power ballads...the girl can't dance/move).

8. Ace - it hurts me to put him this high because the guy gets on my last nerve probably more than anyone else in the top 12 (maybe even more than Kevin)...but man, the rest of them really blew it. This was one of the songs I figured he would sing...not one of the ones I thought he SHOULD have chosen, but just what I expected from him...it's a fun song...kinda boy band sounding (it has a very Michael Jackson-ish feel to it). so it shouldn't be a surprise that he chose it. But this is a terrible song to sing in a vocal competition. It didn't do anything at all for his voice (not that he has one, but still) and he looked, as Simon said, panicked. But he sounded better than some, still...

9. Bucky - Wow. That was bad. I kinda liked Bucky for some reason, but after that, I really am not sure why. His voice is kinda strange...it's like hiding a bad voice with some country-sounding drawl and inflection. While I'm not at all a fan of most country music, I love a lot of country singers' voices. But there's something funky about Bucky's voice that I really noticed last night - he doesn't really have one!

10. Kevin - Well, he was better than the bottom two. In all seriousness though, Kevin should not have ever made it to the top 24 let alone the top 12. He doesn't have the voice and he certainly doesn't have the performance ability to make up for it. I think last night was probably the best I've heard him...choosing an uptempo song was good for his voice because you don't hear as much of the lisp and the weird vibrato (goat) thing he's got going on. The performance was a whole different story. Good grief. Just put him out of his misery already.

11. Kellie - Ah. It finally becomes apparent to the rest of America that her voice is not so good! And I can't stand her fakey "duh, I'm just a little country bumpkin" routine. Yuck. And she totally picked the wrong song. It was a disaster. Here's hoping last night sealed her fate on the show.

12. Melissa - Wow. Total disaster...everything about it was bad. The song choice for her was completely wrong. She sounded terrible, she messed up a good half of her words.

Got blog?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
My list. Even with some less than stellar performances I still didn't need to mute out half the top 12 like I usually do. As a group I think they are much better at singing in tune than most of the top 12 groups have been. They may not be the best of this year, but most of them are better than many people who made the top 12 in previous years IMO.

1. Chris-liked that he rocked it out and did what he did best. He may need to take some risks and not rock it out in some other weeks to prove versitility, but finding ways to make the theme work for you and who you are is important. One of the local morning DJ's said something that made some sense as well. He felt the going over to where the band/backup singers were may have been that he knew he was going off key because he couldn't hear quite well. Going over there allowed him to get back on track because then he could hear what was going on. If it was true that is a good sign. Knowing when you are likely to be off is half the battle in performing well. Too often we get people who see to have no clue as to when they are on key or off.

2. Taylor, I hate to put you in second baby, but Chris really won it for me tonight. I love to see someone that just simply enjoys singing and performing so much just going for it.

3. Paris. Shock of all shocks I put her here based on the last few weeks. Finally we see some of what made her special in her audition tape. I think her voice works really well with something that is a bit Jazzier than most of the pop music she has been doing. Either pick the songs that work for you, or rework them so they showcase your voice. You got the pipes, but you gotta know how to use them. I do wish she would turn the diva-tude down a bit, it isn't nearly as cute as she seems to think it is.

4. Katherine. You found something inside and really were able to put it out there. Keep that up, it works for you.

5. Mandisa. Pulled it out in the end, but I really thought she would be one that did really well this week and for the first time she was just kinda meh to me. Also if the stylist picked out the dress, go back to dressing yourself. Most of her outfits so far really worked well with her body shape. This one just made her look much heavier on the bottom than anything I've ever seen her wear before. Changing up the look is a good thing, but you still need to make sure the clothes work with your body.

6. Lisa. Did a good job, the performance didn't stand out for me, but one of the better ones this evening.

7. Bucky. Liked that you could keep the southern rockiness of your style in the song. Will need to show some range. The hair has got to go. It would be cute on a girl, but you need something a bit more masculine.

8. Elliot. I never really liked the tone of his voice as much as some people do. Don't know what it is that just doesn't work for me. Not one of his better performances, but it was OK.

9. Melissa. One of your best performances for me so far, but still not up to par with some of the other singers. At least you seem to finally be coming alive in the competition and that is really nice to see.

10. Kevin. Would be really good for an 8 year old. Too me is voice sounds sooo much younger than he is. He has a baby face to start with, I just keep hoping there really is a voice with some depth to it in there, and every week it sounds like a grade school talent show. And someone let him in on the joke that he is a sex symbol. I don't know which is sadder. That Ryan keeps it up, or that Kevin actually seems to believe it. William Hung style cluelessness worked for him, but on you it just is sad.

11. Kellie. Caught most of her performance, and it just really wasn't up to her usual performances. Either commit to doing the different style all the way, or find a way to re-work the song to fit you. I know some themes will be a stretch for you, but you can't let the theme mar your performance. Also, small doses of hickness is cute and endearing. Overplaying the hick card just really gets annoying.

12. Ace. All I heard was the clip at the end of the show. That is all I want to hear. Dude, you gotta step up the game, and not rely on your looks to get you through.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
Wow, Simon was on the mark last night when he said it was like it was two completely different shows. The first half was amateur night and the second (with one exception for me) was like when the real pros came out.

1) Chris - I think I'm in love. He's completely head and shoulders above the competition here. No question in my mind that he should win this. Which means he probably won't. But, much as I loved Bo, this guy is a hundred times better. A total star.

2) Taylor - What a difference a week makes! He looked good, he sounded really good, and he his moves...well, not as Joe Cocker, at least. Perfect song.

3) Katherine - She's a total pro. Mom trained her well. My only problem is she's a bit too perfect. But I can live with that compared to my bottom bunch.

4) Lisa - Pretty good, just not anywhere in the league of the top three. She is beautiful, though.

5) Elliott - Boring, but journeyman-like. He can sing, but he bores me stiff.

6) Paris - Boy, I hate putting her this high. I really cannot stand this girl. Fake, fake, fake! And just much too full of herself. I loved the cutaway to Simon when she was busy showing off and congratulating herself. He looked like I must have looked. Like I wanted to punch her or shove her off the stage. I hate her. She can't leave fast enough for me. I'd almost rather see her go than one of the bottom feeders.

7) Bucky - Again, Simon was right. This was his best performance. Not that that is saying much.

8) Mandisa - My ears!!!!! All that screeching! Didn't like it at all.

9) Ace - Pretty bad. But he is still cute, which will keep him in there.

10) Kellie - Awful. And I'm beginning to think the whole hayseed thing is an act. And a bad one at that.

11) Melissa - I can't even describe how horrible that was. Go. Now.

12) Kevin - I can't even understand what he's doing here. I'd rather see the real Chicken Little here than this kid.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
I did not see the first half, I came in as Melissa was ending...I only heard the tidbits of the songs for first 5 at end of show but I trust you guys and would rank the 12 this way:

1. Chris--I know I'm in love...his looks, his age, his bald head...OMH if B could sing he'd be Chris!! I like that he rocks all the time, that's what he will do (heck, Fuel wants him now) I don't want him to sing sappy songs or show tunes.

2. Taylor..He really is a great singer...HE SHOULD NOT LET THEM DYE HIS HAIR (unless it keeps most of gray in)that's part of what makes him so cool and different!!!

3. Katherine--she is good, but the Kelly Clarkson comparison, I don't know...

4. Paris...I share the sentiment of geggy here...when she started to sing her "appreciation and Thanks" and they showed Simon, his look said it all..get over your dam self

5. Mandisa--I liked the little bit I saw but she really has to stop SCREAMING. If I had heard the whole song, I may have placed her above Paris

6. Elliot-as Rudy said "I dunno"

7. Bucky--I thought the little that I heard sounded ok but he's not long for this competition

8. Ace--it sounded weird the bit I saw, but he's going no where

9. Lisa-I just cannot stand her...she is too "perfect" the song was meh...the ending was the best part...finally came out of SONGBOT program

10. Melissa--don't forget your lyrics, she'll probably go, I did like her in that dress though

11. Kellie..what did she do to her face and hair...if she's going for the hayseed vote, she glammed??? it up too much...I really don't like her and it seems that she did not sing well...but she is safe for a while

12. Kevin...IT WAS APPALLING and he reminded me of Peewee Herman with that awful dancing.. Randy is delusional or he has been ordered to say this by producers to secure the 8-11 yr olds.

SHOULD GO: Kevin
WILL GO: Melissa

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 10:09 AM (EST)

Stevie Wonder songs is a REALLY challenging way to start off the competition. I thought it was a great way to kind of separate the contenders from the also-rans. If they can tackle Stevie Wonder successfully, I think they can do about anything.

1. Katherine - I just love her - quirky, sexy, a good performer, natural.
2. Chris - mesmerizing
3. Taylor - this guy always looks like he needs to drop a log, but he was definitely entertaining.
4. Paris - personality-wise, she drives me crazy, but she's a wonderful, engaging performer
5. Eliot - I love the quality of his voice - he was driving me crazy when he was fiddling with the hem of his blazer. a few strong weeks and a more praise from the judges, he'll gain confidence and really come into his own
6. Mandisa - parts were horrible, but parts were awesome. she was, um, glistening, a lot under the lights.
7. Bucky – oh that hair! but he really stepped out from who he is and gave it everything he had
8. Lisa - she's very Jon-Benet. too poised and too polished - it seems very contrived
9. Ace – blech
10, Melissa - screwing up the words is really really bad - but her voice is lovely - she deserves another shot
11. Kellie - I really think the Hee Haw factor is genuine with her - she's just so cute. She was awful last night, but no way is she going anywhere.
12. Kevin - part time lover? he should be singing part time paperboy. nothing cute, entertaining or talented about him. I'm hopeful that the little girls will also be voting for Lisa and Paris so he won't have such a huge fan base and we can get rid of him early. if he makes it through a few rounds, we could be stuck with him for WAY too long.

bottom three: Melissa, Kevin, Ace/Bucky
going home: Kevin

soldiersmom 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-15-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail soldiersmom Click to send private message to soldiersmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
I always listen to the show first - and then go back and watch it for performance value. Seriously - this week over all - was horrible.

1. Katherine - she was the only one I thought that the voice (listening only) and the performance matched.
2. Taylor - not the best voice this week but I dont think it was his fault you could only hear the background singers in some spots. But man can this guy perform.
3. Chris - Honestly - his voice was not that great this week but again his performance was spectacular.

--------The Rest Should Just Go Home Now-------------

4. Eliot - Good voice OK performance - but I seriously think the will be at risk of being a surprise bottom 3 or boot at some point.
5. Bucky - Omg - his voice was great but dam that hair - he overcame it with the performance - but wtf? that stylist needs to be fired now!!!
6. Paris - I totally dont like her as an individual - but she was better then the rest - which doesnt say much.
7. Mandisa - ok the voice was not good and then when I watched it I was dumbfounded that she took her shoes off - I really dont like her and think she is over-rated. Another candidate for the oh so ever surprising boot over a lesser contestant
8. Lisa - Not good vocals and a worse performance. Can she sing yes - pop-idol no. I will say it again and again - Miss Lisa is too manufactured for me - not sincere or natural
9. Kevin - Actually - his voice was much better then some others but when I watch him - I just cant take him seriously.
10. Melissa- Voice was better then I expected and I think this whole - forgot the words thing is being over reacted too - I mean even CLAY forgot the words - get over it already.
11. Kellie - OMG - horrible voice this week and horrible performance - good thing she has a huge fan base - she can overcome this big setback
12. Ace – this is the third week in a row when I was listening I was like WTF? This guy can not sing at all. He reminds me a lot of Justin G. from season 1. All looks and no voice. However, I think the younger teen croud is much more into Kevin then Ace. My prediction is that Ace goes before Kevin. Either way - they both need to go.

Should go: Ace - - will go: Melissa

Stormy Valley 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-15-06, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormy%20Valley Click to send private message to Stormy%20Valley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
12. Ace - My ears are bleeding. it was horrible. But he WILL pull through.

11. Melissa - Very shaky and just not there vocally.

10. Kevin - He vocals are not up to American Idol.

09. Lisa - Cute girl but this is about singing talent and I don't see much of that from her.

08. Kellie - She is annoying. Her voice is grating.

07. Elliott - Very good but nervous acting.

06. Bucky - He did much better this week than last, still not a favorite of mine

05. Mandissa - Not up to her standard. I was disappointed, she could have done much better.

04. Katharine - Feh, she will make it another week. To me, Simon is wrong, she is NO Kelly Clarkson.

03. Chris - His vocals are fabulous. However, it did sound a great deal like Red Hot Chili Peppers to me. But there is no question he did very well.

02. Paris - PERFECT, she did VERY well.

01. Taylor - AWESOME, no other words for it.

MY top three: Taylor, Paris and Chris

MY bottom three: Based on tonight, Ace, Melissa, Kevin
MY choice for OUT: Ace

AMERICA’S bottom three: Melissa, Kevin, Lisa
AMERICA’S choice for OUT: Melissa

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 11:57 AM (EST)

Tier Bringing The A Game - Chris, Paris

Tier Great Song But The Dress Has To Go - Katherine

Tier JUST STAND STILL!!!!! - Taylor

Big Drop

Tier Let Down - Mandisa, Elliot

Tier Stepford Idol - Lisa

(Edited to Add)Tier Too Many Hair Care Products - Bucky

Bigger Drop

Tier Great Voice But Leaving Soon - Melissa

Tier Too Damn Bad They Have To Sing - Ace, Kellie

Tier Bound To Outlast Some Far More Deserving Contestants - Kevin

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-15-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Tier Who's That Other Contestant?"
Bucky

LOL

I forget him sometimes, too

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Tier Who's That Other Contestant?"
Eeep!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
You forgot Bucky.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-15-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
Here's MSN's review of last night's show:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11831595/?GT1=7850

They gave grades to the performances and said Chris's was the top performance. Nice recap.

Chris A+

Katherine, Paris, Taylor A

Mandisa A-

Elliot B+

Ace, Lisa B

Bucky B-

Kevin, Melissa C+

Kellie C

-------------

Here's mine:

I liked Katherine's performance-- the best of the night.

Top: Katherine

Next: Chris, Taylor

Mid range: Mandisa, Elliot, Ace, Paris

Still ok: Bucky, Melissa

Did not like: Kevin, Kellie, and Lisa

Katherine's performance was impressive, hot, and one that I would rewind the tape to play again and consider buying if she put it out as a recording.

I was disappointed in Mandisa's performance--at least the first half. I think she found her groove in the second half.

Paris is talented but she is not my cup of tea.

I do not understand Lisa's appeal. She is also overshadowed by so many other singers.

Elliot's performance was likeable but he is also overshadowed by several others.

Kevin should not be in the top 12. It sounded like a high school contest entry. Compare Kevin to Diana Degarmo for ability at that age. No contest.

Chris seemed to be taking a page out of the Bo Bice handbook--with his rowdy stage antics and microphane stand handling.

Kellie--I "know" Kellie. "Know" in that she reminds me of some southern women I know who use the cutesy naviete thing because it WORKS for them. Kellie is getting the message loud and clear to play that up because America is eating it up. Yuck. I liked some of her before but now she is grating.

Bucky--I will be surprised if he can make it into the top six.

Melissa--what was up with the last minute song change? Who arranges that and why did they allow it? Talk about being unprepared! The pressure these 12 must be feeling is enormous. You know they are filming some of those goofy tv ads and learning some group numbers for future weeks, too.

Not changing my PTTE yet but after this performance and before the results show:

Top four prediction: Chris, Taylor, Katherine, Mandisa

Middle group prediction: Ace, Elliot, Paris, Kellie

Bottom four prediction: Bucky, Melissa, Kevin, Lisa

03-15-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
I think MSN is experiencing grade inflation.

03-15-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
GREAT:

Chris - I was worried how he'd handle a week where he had to get away from his "usual", and he managed to find his "usual" anyway.

Taylor - nicely done as always

Katharine - not too bad. Didn't do much for me, but I think it was just the song.

GOOD:

Bucky - good song choice for him, did it well in his own style

EH:

Paris
Mandisa
Lisa

BAD:

Ace - usually just "eh" for me, but worse than usual this week.

Kellie - wrong song choice in a BIG way. And although I think she's just precious, and I don't think it's an act, she needs to tone it down a bit.

Kevin - talk about an act wearing thin.

AWFUL:

Melissa - you CANNOT forget lyrics at this stage of the game. From now on, EVERY week must be a homerun. Taking a risk with the song choice and then making a last-minute change is a HUGE mistake, especially the first week when your nerves are sure to have an affect on you anyway.

Sig by Arkie!!

03-15-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
You forgot Elliot. Proves my point.

03-15-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
Eep!

He should go in the "EH" category.

Sig by Arkie!!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
Five Dead Birds:

Chris - I just love his voice. So manly-man. Hate the sideburns, though.

Taylor - I smile at the TV when Taylor is performing. He is so infectious, and not in the bad way. Please don't let those horrible "stylists" colour his hair! It makes him different.

Paris - Great performance. Great voice. Very cute when performing, but her attitude when she was done just sucked. She's a cocky little brat.

Katherine - When they showed her from the neck up, she was perfect. The "stylists" must hate her, though. The Dress? We will speak of it always.

Two Dead Birds:

Elliot - can't believe they want to colour Taylor's hair, but they continue to let this guy keep his Caesar do. Hideous! His voice was good, but he needs to calm down. He was soooo nervous.

Mandisa - big drop tonight for Mandisa. Again, I thought the stylists were mean, making Manisa wear stillettos. She's a big girl and those were tiny little heels to balance on. You could see the flesh sticking out between the straps. Anyhoo, her performance was boring. She needs to step it up.

Bucky - I'm starting to appreciate Bucky's unique voice. He's gravelly, but in a nice way. He definitely fits in his own little genre, though, and shouldn't really be jumping over to other styles. He could have a lot of trouble during theme weeks. And the hair. Oh the hair.

Droppings:

Ace - just when I was starting to like him. Pretty boy had better find himself and FAST. He's making Constanteenidol look good.

Lisa - I don't get her. I did up this list and then counted only eleven people and couldn't remember who I'd left out. It was Lisa. Totally forgettable.

Regurgitated feathers:

Kellie - Glad I wasn't the only one for whom the light of fakiness shone through. Something comes through when she performs, a knowledge of the lyrics, a raciness and maturity that isn't there when she speaks. Made me think the bumpkin carp is carp. Her performance sucked, too. AND she forgot the words, too! She left out a whole line of the song, and then she flinched! Nobody scolded her about it.

Kevin - Don't snipe at the people who could make or break your future. Sometimes you have to take it like a man, dude. Talking back makes you appear "difficult." You are too much of an amateur to be "difficult," my friend.

Melissa - Yuck. I don't like Melissa. Her voice grates on me. She needs to learn how to control her raspy voice. She has potential but she's years away from being professional.

I think Melissa will go.

Rolly made this.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-15-06, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Kellie's forgotten lyrics"
Oh My- I thought I imagined that. Thank you for mentioning this.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-15-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Chris"
Our family may be the only ones in America, but my son and I can't stand Chris. He may have a great voice but we hate the way he sings. It just sounds like noise.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-15-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
Why did they put us through Stevie Wonder night? Torture, I tell you.

But my list basically breaks down to three standout performances in another league as the rest, a couple passable attempts if we're at a local talent show and a bunch of dreadful or forgettable performances.

My top 3 are interchangeable, IMHO, each were strong, bringing different elements to their performance.

THE HEADLINERS
1. Taylor -- His sound is unique and as Stevie said, it comes from his soul. I watch him and he draws me into his excitement and love of music. I am smiling and jubilant hearing him. Wow! I was upset that he was drowned out at times -- bad AI sound people!

2. Katherine -- Her voice is impeccable and her performance looked effortless. She took the song & owned it.

3. Chris -- Another phenomenal performance. While I give him props for "making it his own" by "blending" the Stevie version with RHCP (in reality, just singing it RHCP style), to me it was "safe" because that is his comfort zone and vocal abilities & sound. So it's a double-edged sword -- he knows what he does & does it well, but didn't show any versatility by trying to tackle Stevie's version.

THE OPENING ACTS
4. Elliot -- Not bad, but not great either. His nerves definitely made an appearance last night. Forgettable performance and needs a new look.

5. Mandisa -- Again, not bad/not great. I expected better from her -- but Stevie Wonder is a challenge vocally. A little too over-the-top, as well.

6. Lisa -- Good performance, but no real life in it. She doesn't make me want to jump out of my seat.

7. Paris -- I cringe to put her this high, because over the last few weeks she went from cute to annoying. However, for the first time since auditions, she actually sang well and was mostly in tune. I'm still aggravated with the judges for not criticizing her poor pitch the last few weeks, though.

8. Ace -- Nothing memorable. Okay, but pitchy like the rest. Also, I prefer his beanie on or if he would cut his hair. LOVE the face, HATE the scraggly hair.

9. Bucky -- Not memorable. Surprised he did as well as he did, though. Needs haircut or keep ponytail in. Jessica Simpson do a Bucky don't.

10. Kellie -- I hate having her this far down, but I have to be honest that it was a terrible performance. Stylists did a bad job on her, as well. BUT I LOVE her anyway. Still believe she's 100% real & cute as a button. She knew she couldn't sing the song and made no excuses for it. She was one of the 4 I was voting for last night & seems like many others still love her too.

How the heck did they get on stage?? SECURITY!!
11. Melissa -- Just not strong vocally, no stage presence, forgot her lyrics (especially after goofing in front of Stevie, no excuse). I do have to say that she sounded pretty good by the end, but on a whole, it was a total mess.

12. Kevin -- Every season we have to suffer through a contestant lasting much longer than they ever should. Yes, he actually was better last night than in past weeks -- was mostly in tune & time -- but it doesn't matter if the voice & diction sound like fingernails down a chalkboard. You could take screaming cats & put them into a synthesizer and play a melody that's in tune, but it's SCREAMING CATS!! The sound is too much to bear. Besides, I seriously think Kevin is under the delusion that he is really, really good. Yuck. His performance made me laugh, though, in its caricature of reality. He's a joke & not a good one.

Bottom 3: Kevin, Melissa & Bucky

Going Home: Melissa (though I wish it were Kevin)

Kind Creation of ARNutz

03-15-06, 02:25 PM (EST)
32. "thankyou"
For saying what I was thinking but just couldn't get the right words out.

3. Chris -- Another phenomenal performance. While I give him props for "making it his own" by "blending" the Stevie version with RHCP (in reality, just singing it RHCP style), to me it was "safe" because that is his comfort zone and vocal abilities & sound. So it's a double-edged sword -- he knows what he does & does it well, but didn't show any versatility by trying to tackle Stevie's version.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
1. Chris: Awesome!!! And a Virginia boy. But, boy was he exciting.

2. Katherine: Great song, great vocals. Not wild about her dress, but she was smokin'.

3. Taylor: Loved it. Great choice. Funny moves, but he's still entertaining.

4. Paris: Could have certainly been my 2 or 3 choice. Definately not a 17-year old voice.

5. Mandisa: Strong voice. Okay.

6. Bucky: I thought he was trying a little too hard, but still enjoyable. Although I can't take him seriously with a name like "Bucky."

7. Lisa: Okay, nothing exciting.

8. Ace: Okay, not exciting.

9. Elliott: Good voice, but boring. And yes, another hometowner.

10. Kellie: I like her voice, but this was not a good performance.

11. Melissa: Okay.

12. Kevin: Ack. The thing is that his voice is okay, but the whole performance is Blah. I agree with Simon.

It's Arkie Love

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-15-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
1: Chris - He's threatening to walk away with this thing
2: Taylor - Great performance but overshadowed by Chris
3: Katherine - Becoming more of a threat every week
4: Paris - Can't stand her but have to admit she did well last night
5: Mandissa - Was a little disappointing last night
6: Elliot - He's good but just middle of the pack good
7: Lisa - See description for Elliot
8: Bucky - OK performance, lucky others blew it
9: Ace - If he looked like Elliot he might be in danger of going home tonight
10: Kevin - Performed just good enough to last one more week
11: Kellie - I like her but she was very disappointing last night
12: Melissa - I had something to say about her but I forgot the words

Bottom three: Bucky Kevin Melissa
Going home: Melissa

03-15-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
12: Melissa - I had something to say about her but I forgot the words

Nice.

Sig by Arkie!!

selah 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-15-06, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail selah Click to send private message to selah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 05:03 PM (EST)

1:Taylor - talent and intensity, my favorite
2: Katherine - beautiful and she can really sing,
3: Chris - his performances are too much like Bo but he is good.
4: Mandissa - I enjoyed her very much
5: Bucky - hope he stays around longer because he can sing and is sincere
6: Elliot - He's good but reminds me of Adam Sandler
7: Paris - needs to act her age
8: Lisa - average
9: Kellie - she has a nice voice even if the song was wrong and the stylists blew it but the hick act has to go
10: Ace - his voice is OK but he has no pizazz and always has a vacant look
11: Kevin - how he is even in the top twelve I'll never know,
12: Melissa - completely forgetable

03-15-06, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bob%20Loblaw Click to send private message to Bob%20Loblaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
nice list. you nailed it....

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
THE VERY BEST:

Taylor Hicks
Taylor is simply the best. In my world, he’s won.

Elliott Yamin
I love the way Elliott sings. He’s ‘quieter’ than Taylor & Mandisa (not volume, ykwim) but just as real. Love it. Hope he’s here to the end.

Mandisa
Mandisa is awesome. Yes, she occasionally misses a note. Yes, I wish her lower range were stronger. But she bleeds on stage for us, and that’s worth more. I put her below Elliott because I’m not sure the world needs another “diva.”

Chris Daughtry
I have to admit, I don’t really get all the Chris-worship. Yes, I think he’s very good (here he sits in my personal top 4), but I’m not nearly as excited as others seem to be.

NOT QUITE THERE YET:

Katharine McPhee
Katherine is another one that I just don’t “get” yet. She is a very good singer – great voice, good technique – but I’m thinking she’s this year’s Carrie-bot. To me, she (and Paris, and Chris) pales next to the gut-honesty of Taylor, Elliott and Mandisa. HIDEOUS dress. Oh dear.

Paris Bennett
Paris is a very good singer. Paris is a good performer. Paris is…unoriginal. Eh. (Her little ‘encore’ was REALLY annoying. I’d like to think it was joy, but it sure looked like cockiness to me.)

Bucky Covington
I like Bucky. I think he’s more real than Kellie, more versatile than Chris (gasp! Did I say that? Yes!). He is, however, outclassed vocally by the top tier.

Lisa Tucker
“Now I take 3 steps Down Right, point, move arm right. Back up while bouncing at the knees. Move 3 steps Down Left. Point, move arm left. Wave. Bounce.” Very good singer, very robotic performer.

COMPLETELY OUTCLASSED:

Ace Young
Ace doesn’t even look all that pretty to me any more. He just isn’t that good a singer. Nasally, thin, boy-band pap. Eh.

Kellie Pickler
Hmmm. Not a great singer, limited range – vocally and stylistically, iffy technique. Beginning to feel that the hick act is a put-on. Next week? Week after? No longer than that.

Kevin Covais
Please send Kevin home. He has a decent voice, he’s on his way to becoming a good singer – but he’s not there yet. He has a lot of personality in conversation, but he hasn’t yet learned to show it in performance. There’s nothing wrong with him that time won’t fix, but he’s completely out-classed. And, did he dig his grave with his tongue when he talked back to Simon?

Melissa McGhee
I knew (and posted here somewhere) that if Melissa stayed around long enough she would lose her voice. She lost it the first week…while singing a ballad! Thus proving that she doesn’t know how to sing. She’s not a terribly exciting performer either. She should have gone home last week. (Plus, Sweetie, olive oil will not fix it if you’ve blown your voice. Only rest will do that.)

weird al 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-15-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weird%20al Click to send private message to weird%20al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 06:06 PM (EST)

1. Taylor. Absolutely brilliant, soulful performance. What puts him far ahead of the pack is that he put real emotion behind the song, so that you could actually feel the lyrics.

2. Katharine. Exceptional vocals, but couldn't quite put Taylor's level of feeling behind the performance.

3. Chris. I have to disagree with the judges about saying that he made it his own. That was very close to the Red Hot Chili Peppers version. If he had taken a Stevie Wonder song that was not previously given the rock treatment and rearranged it to suit his vocals, then I would have been impressed. As it was, Chris was very good, but I have to wonder about his versatility.

4. Elliott. It wasn't quite as good as I expected or that he was capable of, but still very good.

5. Paris. Strong vocals and pretty good stage presence, but she should reconsider those outfits.

6. Melissa. Good vocals, heartfelt, but a little short on the power notes. And she did flub the lyrics.

7. Lisa. Solid performance, but still kind of missing a connection with the audience.

8. Mandisa. I was afraid of this. Mandisa has been wowing us with high, powerful "diva notes" on fast-paced songs. She threw a few into this performance and was excellent as always. But the song also called for lower, subtle notes, which she completely botched. Without showing such versatility, she won't make it anywhere near the top.

9. Bucky. Bucky has demonstrated sweet vocals a total of once, in the Hollywood rounds. But for four consecutive performances, he has been growling the lyrics. Not impressed.

10. Ace. After the first semifinal round, I predicted Ace to make the top 2. But he has consistently been messing up over the last 3 performances. Now, I'm wondering if my revised prediction of 8th place was too generous.

11. Kevin. I'm starting to see what the judges are saying about his likeability. And it was an entertaining performance, much better than I expected given that song choice. As Paula said, it was a difficult song and he managed to stay on tune and in tempo. But really, that's the very least you'd expect from an AI finalist, not something to praise in of itself. "In the real world", as Simon likes to say, that wasn't even good enough to win a high school talent contest.

12. Kellie. Kellie has been a lot of things in this competition, IMO mostly bad. But before this week, she was never boring. That performance was boring.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-15-06, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 07:40 PM (EST)

Detailed Rankings:

1.) Taylor - He was best on my list by a mile. Perfect rendition of the song, imparting his own personality, great showmanship. I was also impressed by his ability to self-correct. Last week, he practically had an epileptic fit on stage, and his spastic movement negatively affected his singing. He toned it down this week without turning into a total stiff. That sort of subtle self-improvement is going to be a major plus for him in this competition.

2.) Paris - The shocker of the night. Last week, I noted that I thought she was coasting along. Last night, she gave an awesomely controlled vocal performance. Fantastic singing. The one negative I saw was one of image. The song may have been too old for her, or the presentation of the song too old-fashioned, but at times she came across as a hunched over middle-aged woman. Embrace your age, Paris!

3.) Lisa - Really loved her performance last night - the total package. One thing weighs on my mind though. Halfway through the song, I swear I saw her momentarily double over and make this hacking noise that sounded like she was coughing up a hairball. I have to give her credit for not allowing it to mess up her performance, but I'm curious about what exactly happened.

4.) Chris - Very nice, authentic performance. I enjoyed it. It was interesting to contrast Chris, who moved about the stage with no impediment to his singing at all, with Ace, whose constant movement seemed to drag his vocal quality down.

5.) Katharine - Probably an unfair ranking. I was pretty preoccupied during the song, and from little snatches of sound I heard - I liked most parts but didn't like some other parts. Still good overall, I assume.

6.) Mandisa - Great, but not excellent. It was a servicable performance, what I would expect from a good performance by this stage of the competition. I didn't think there was very much wow factor though. Still, she dominated the first half of the competition.

7.) Bucky - For what it was, it was good. The song choice may have been a bad one, since it seemed to me to highlight his vocal deficiencies rather than his strengths. Still, he brought a lot of enthusiasm and vigor to this performance.

8.) Ace - Decent, but as I noted above, I thought the constant movement around stage left him slightly breathless, which in turn negatively affected his vocals.

9.) Kellie - Decent, but way too understated for this point in the competition. Randy's criticisms were spot on here. Might be a surprise elimination tonight.

10.) Elliot - I don't know, maybe we were mortal enemies in a past life? Other people (much more experienced in music I might add), listen to him and hear beautiful music. I listen, and hear something that sounds terribly out of synch. Perhaps a visit to the otologist is in order?

11.) Melissa - Disliked it. Besides the obvious problem of forgetting the lyrics, I thought the song choice and her voice didn't match. Rather than being a soothing combination, I was in perpetual fear that her vocal cords would break at any moment.

12.) Kevin - In over his head. This reminded me of his performance in the second week of the semi-final round. The song absolutely overwhelmed him and he came across as completely ridiculous. He needs to go back to Vincent next week, which I at least found palatable.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-15-06, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
1. Chris
2. Taylor
3. Mandisa
--Gap--
4. Paris
5. Katharine
6. Elliott
7. Bucky
8. Lisa
--Big Gap--
9. Ace
10. Melissa
11. Kevin
12. Kellie

03-15-06, 11:44 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
OK, my apologies in advance: I've only been here a couple of days and haven't really figured out the whole "thread" thingy....so I put my take on last night in the East Coast Spoiler Thread, and I put my original thoughts on the final 12 in my PTTE. Rather than re-hash each person, I'll just put it in here. Sorry if it's not cool to cross-post....I won't do it again.

From last night:

I saw tonight like this.....

Taylor Hicks 1
Katherine McPhee 2
Chris Daughtry 3
Mandisa 4
Bucky Covington 5
Paris 6
Eliot Yamin 7
Ace Young 8
Melissa Mcghee 9
Lisa Tucker 10
Kevin Covais 11
Kellie Pickler 12

Not sure why they're downplaying the standout performance from Taylor....(I know they liked it, but they oddly seemed to prefer Chris "Oh, snap! I thought it was Red Hot Chili Peppers night!" Daughtry's nowhere-close-to-Stevie-Wonder performance.

At least the other performers respected the style of the evening and didn't flat-out copy a cover version of a Stevie song (Copy of a copy?--yikes!). He's not breaking the mold or re-inventing the song--just copying a different version of it to disguise his lack of versatility. He's going to get a bad rap for being a one-note pony, which rarely leads to lasting success in AI.

It's not too late to join the not-as-lame-as-it-sounds soulPatrol.....all aboard the the bandwagon!

From my PTTE--most of it applies to last night's performances:

alright.....hope these pan out.....

Lots of good singers this year, and lots of potential among those who have started kind of shaky, so it's pretty tricky to call it now. Some of these lower-tier people could really find their confidence (and better song choices) and go far......we'll see....

In a perfect world (my votes to the end):

Taylor Hicks 1 (Still American Idol 5! Who lives and loves his music more than Taylor? His musical taste and talented artistic vocal choices will continue to surprise week after week, breathing life and entertainment into every genre he tackles. A lock to win.)

Katherine McPhee 2 (sultry, silky smooth--the whole package.....seems authentically self-deprecating and sweet, yet also can confidently deliver her sexy stage persona....can convince girls that she's a best friend and guys that she's a lover....sounds like a recipe for votes to me!)

Bucky Covington 3 (where's the love? I don't like new country any more than the rest of us, but this dude sings better than Bo Bice any day of the week,(and twice on Sunday))

Chris Daughtry 4 (great story, great pipes, but basically the same song every week....I can see why people pick him to win, though.....)

Mandisa 5 (just beautiful--voice, character, wit, everything....)

Ace 6 (not as annoying as you might expect from a pretty boy, and actually pretty talented....seems to be blowing it off with his song choices, though.....makes me question his musical taste)

Lisa Tucker 7 (dark horse, if she can ever drop the fakey stage persona and express her emotions honestly in song.....very cute and good voice, just needs more rawness and authentic songs)

Eliot Yamin 8 (really sweet kid...if he gets some confidence and can articulate himself better (overcome nerves), he'd be a force to reckon with)

Melissa Mcghee 9 (she's gotten a raw deal from one shaky performance...I had her as 4th and 2nd best female vocal performance the first two weeks.....it'll be a shame to see her go early)

Paris 10 (horrible song choices....i really question her musical taste and awareness of what type of music moves an audience.....all the vocal talent in the world won't help you if you're singing "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" week after week.....get with the times, baby...or at least give us some soulful Motown masters, Stevie (HA!), Donna Summer, Karen Carpenter, Natalie Merchant, Sarah Mclachlan, anything!...._something_ cool or interesting....)

Kellie Pickler 11 (o-ver-rat-ed!! milked the redneck-in-hollywood schtick about 15 minutes too long for my tastes--and I used to live in the South!--needs to grow more as an artist, which she started by choosing a song more to her ability level last week, but too-little-too-late, to build enough voting momentum to last much longer. The first shaky performance takes her out.)

Kevin Covais 12 (stop patronizing this charming young man, American Idol! He's actually quite witty and nice, and they could stand to treat him with a _little_ more dignity....I get the feeling that it hurts his feelings a bit. He's a trooper, but not strong enough in the nerves or persona department to last.....the good Don McLean performance was a fluke.)

hplotr251 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-20-06, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hplotr251 Click to send private message to hplotr251 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Rankings - Top 12"
I agree with ya. Except that I like Chris better than Taylor. It angers me that people vote for Kellie because they feel sorry for her. I thought this was a singing competition?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •