The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alicia's E7 Article Deleted"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-01, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alicia's E7 Article Deleted"
As of 1PM EST on Friday Nov. 9, 2001, TV Guide Online has deleted Alicia's E7 article with a generic short description of the episode (hosted by Jeff Probst--7th person voted off, etc. etc.). But no Alicia article.

What does this mean? Did she ask for the deletion in order to change it because after watching E5 she changed her mind about some issue (like KimP making the final four)? Or, did CBS insist on its deletion because they thought it gave away too much? Any other theories?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alicia's E7 Article Deleted George Tirebiter 11-09-01 1
   RE: Alicia's E7 Article Deleted AresMars 11-09-01 2
       Diane's list, Alicia's give-it-all... Rose Red 11-09-01 4
           RE: Diane's list, Alicia's give-it... zzz 11-09-01 5
               RE: Diane's list, Alicia's give-it... Rose Red 11-09-01 6
                   RE: Diane's list, Alicia's give-it... zzz 11-10-01 7
                       RE: Diane's list, Alicia's give-it... Rose Red 11-10-01 8
       zzz did quote it exactly... IceCat 11-10-01 9
           RE: zzz did quote it exactly... zzz 11-10-01 10
 I must admit...... MDSkinner 11-09-01 3
   RE: I must admit...... PepeLePew13 11-10-01 11
 Gervase X heresy 11-12-01 12
   RE: Gervase X true 11-13-01 13
       RE: Gervase X zzz 11-13-01 14
       Thanks heresy 11-15-01 16
           RE: Thanks dabo 11-15-01 17
 RE: Alicia's E7 Article Deleted Loree 11-13-01 15
 It's Baaaack realityjunkie 11-15-01 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-01, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alicia's E7 Article Deleted"
Whatever the reason, it emphasizes the need to save the text or take screen shots of everything. I hate citing something, only to find it's impossible to locate afterwards--I don't need any help looking like an idjut, thank you!

GT

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-09-01, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Alicia's E7 Article Deleted"
Here is the link to zzz's original thread. I believe he quoted here exactly.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1729.shtml

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-09-01, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Diane's list, Alicia's give-it-all-away article=the final two"
Oh my word! Did Alicia spill the beans or WHAT? The deletion means that everything she said must be true. Although it could be just another one of MB's mind-games.I.e, deleting the article means nothing.
Did anyone notice in Silas' chats that he practically admitted that the MBs lose it. But Alicia points out that Kim P. is in the final four. Wha-??? It's very hard to get a bead on her. Kim P. is as underdeveloped as Amber was at this point. A cypher. But then so is Teresa. MB's manipulating the game like mad at this point. The flaming boy( I meant bow!) and arrow challenge next week looks VERY dangerous. I mean, you could aim it at some one and -- is this where Lindsey gets injured? Somebody JUST SHOOTS HER?!? Something happens to her eye?
Well, I have to go back to Diane's list of friends. Tom wasn't on it.(vis a vis Silas' "revealing" e-chats) And Silas is a lot more media savvy than poor ole Diane was at that early point. Her list is the most reliable spoiler thus far. Everyone she mentioned went, as unbelievable as it sounds. Jessie, Carl, Linda and Silas, and then the still-there Lindsey, Teresa and also Clarence. Now, when I first heard that I thought she just listed TOOOO many people, including Diane herself, that's EIGHT! So you do the math. I'm dyslexic, but if this list holds well, it's getting awfully close to the sum total of the jury. I mean, the final 2 plus a jury of 7 equals nine. And Diane's list has 8. So 9+8 = 17! There are only 16 Contestants! So at some point, one of those on the list is going to end up on the jury. She mentioned Clarence separately in the interviews, so maybe he wasn't at that safe house with her, Carl, Jessie, Linda and Silas and the still to come Lindsey and Teresa. So that makes it either another Boran TC this week and they boot the hardly-seen Teresa, or it's the WAY over-exposed Lindsey, or she gets injured. Silas on line "She's been through a lot" which sounds like something you'd say when someone was hospitalized.
Also, to get back to Alicia she pratically came right out and said Lex and Ethan are the final two, didn't she?
Ethan's looking really good right now. He's running the whole Boron tribe by himself, and this SWITCH makes him totally dependent on Mamakim, who seems to be emerging as the new Tina. Teresa sounds so much like Tina, it's scary. Maybe that's why they are not letting her say anything.

11-09-01, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Diane's list, Alicia's give-it-all-away article=the final two"
Of course, I think we would all agree that if Ethan and Lex are the final two, it is just a good guess on Alicia's part based on the evidence (a guess that I think many others have made as well). If Alicia did know, I doubt she would have told us and her article clearly indicated that she was speculating on that point.

So the question is, would MB or CBS step in and take down the article because she made a good guess? Consider that they know that we already have it on our server so the content is not going away. Why draw even more attention by deleting it?

As for KimP, I may be proven wrong, but I have a hard time imagining how she gets into the final four. It is like the fake Final Four picture from S1. At the time it first came out, I had a hard time coming up with a scenario in which the 4 in the picture were the final four together. People came up with all sorts of wild theories but they never rang true. Of course, now we all know that is because the picture was faked. I wanted the picture to be true so badly that I held out hope against my better judgment that it might come to pass. But deep down, I had a feeling something was fishy. To bring that to this situation, I just don't see how she makes the final four as the only GXAer. I can come up with some odd theories in which she makes the final four with the other 2 remaining GXAers (but it requires Kelly's defection, a really delayed merge and a LOT of luck--all of these things will not happen). So in reality I cannot imagine how KimP has any chance whatsoever to make it to the final four. Well--we will see, right?

Bottom line--I still cannot figure out why they took down the article.

11-09-01, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Diane's list, Alicia's give-it-all-away article=the final two"
Thank you for your excellent assessment of the "Kim P. Makes the Final Four" statement by Alicia in her deleted article. Yes, you're right MD(BTW, is that MD like in doctor? Or the beloved Mad Dog of S2?), how could this happen? It seems the Boron are everywhere and bound to re-unite strong. Or ARE they? I can see a major problem this week with them not knowing Lindsey's vote situation at the Sambooboo. Maybe they get rid of Tom in a tie-breaker with Brandon, and then WHO knows? No magazine deletes an important article like that unless --- well, it's another MB mind f*** LIKE KELLY'S NECKLACE!!!! Which we all,myself included fell for.
I do have to admire the sound-bite simplicity and alacrity with which this big TWIST was accomplished. BANG! The whole game's changed. Also, it would beconsistent with Diane's huge list if there were a smaller jury. That could include Clarence and also explain Tom and Silas Excellent Adventure.
Five,not seven. That means the merge is further away than we thought, or there's no merge. But the merge is so popular. Or maybe MB thinks it's getting a little too predictable as well, with one athelete(Colby/Kelly Wigglesworth)dominating all the immunity challenges and everybody else just loses...
However, I always thought MB was looking out for Colby, and that carbinners(sp?) thing and the plate IC with the slingshots, which he(Colby) won both of, could have easily been won by Amber and Elizabeth respectively, then they all would have gotten together and voted Colby off, since he was winning so consistently, they all hated him. That could happen to Ethan, too, or actually, the VERY atheletic Kim P. whose presence has been kept shadowy for a reason? She's the new Kelly W.?
It's my theory that anyone resembling Richard Hatch or Tina is going to go. Hence, ba bye Teresa and ba bye Brandon. It looks to me like he's watching out for Ethan this time. I know, I hear already that Ethan and Lex are the final two everywhere, but who knows? Mamakim has made it this far, and she could win everything.
But not Kim P.

11-10-01, 00:20 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Diane's list, Alicia's give-it-all-away article=the final two"
Ummmm--

Rose--

I'm not quite sure how to answer because you replied to my post and seemed to be addressing my points, but you called me MD who is the poster of the post below yours (at least at this point--that will change once this post is posted).

I am zzz, and I am not an MD of any kind (I have no idea about MDSkinner). My name is a consequence of liking the letter z, liking simple names, not liking "cute" name, and most of all liking sleep. But you probably don't really care.

By the way, I don't have an opinion yet on when the merge happens or whether the jury will be 7 or 5. My best guess is . . . I just don't have one yet. MB is really keeping me guessing on this one.

11-10-01, 00:46 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Diane's list, Alicia's give-it-all-away article=the final two"
zzz, sorry for the mix-up! My computer must have a very small screen, and yes, MB, devious SOB that he is, will pick the most twisted twists possible. Thus he'll let these new tribes sit with each other for FAR longer than they expect to and they will REALLY be getting on each other's nerves. A jury of five would make Diane's list fit. So who's left that she didn't mention? The Kims, Ethan, Lex, Brandon, Frank and Kelly. There. That's your jury with the final two somewhere in there.
Also, remember Carl said that he wished that he got to know Kim P. , but didn't in his post-show chats. So that means that Kim P. did NOT turn up at that safe house in the Savannah, or wherever they send them? Where do they send bootees? Boot Camp? Boot Ranch? Also, Jeff P. has been mentioning her a number of times, somewhat defensively, I thought, with comments like "Kim Powers has a good body." Why would he bring that up? Also, can they really get rid of ALLLLL the Mallrats or does that look like a BIG lawsuit?
Does Kelly form an alliance with Brandon and Kim P.? She has BIG ISSUES with Lex and Tom, according to her Insider Chats, and yes, I think Ethan IS running the show, just like Tina was, but they never showed that. I hope he IS running the show. I hope he WINS the show. MB needs someone younger and more telegenic than Richard and Tina to win this time. Also, watch Naku Hiva, or wherever the hell it is next, to have a lot of hot girls and guys, just like the high-rated S2.
The ratings are slipping because this season it's so harsh. There's nowhere for them to bathe. They can't jump into the ocean or the river. The girls are not constantly in wet bathing suits. I knew when the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit aspect of this show went south, so would the ratings.
And there's no Colleen or Elizabeth. No sweet young damsel in distress. If Kelly and Kim P. are adorable, we've sure haven't seen that yet. But it's hard to be cuter than cute when there's no place to wash!!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-10-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "zzz did quote it exactly..."
On Thursday morning I read a post referencing this article on another board and went to read the article my self. It was there in the entire form that zzz's post shows. It was in a greatly truncated form at the time of this post.

zzz's text is correct, tho.

September 11, 2001

11-10-01, 01:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: zzz did quote it exactly..."
IceCat--

Thanks for vouching for me. I would hope that people would trust me, but I have not be posting that long and there are a lot of jerks out there that like to throw false spoilers around. It's good to have an oldtimer moderator type like you have my back.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I must admit......"
I find this very interesting. I will be interested to see if it is put back up in the next day or so. But if it is not, it may very well have something to do with the content, and if that is the case, then I am glad that you posted the content not so long ago.

And in looking back at the information given, the Kim P reference appears to me to be the only thing of real value at this point.

Very strange.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I must admit......"
It's hard to say with Kim P. because her character has been woefully underdeveloped to date, yet we've seen her sitting alone not taking up for the other GXAs at the beginning of ep.5 nor did she rush out to help Lindsey with the tick problem (as she did when Lindsey collapsed from dehydration).

I think we may be seeing a character development for Kim P. in the next couple of weeks and she might be ready to break away from Lindsey & develop an alliance with Kelly along with Brandon. I don't know if I can see Kelly detaching ties with Lex and Tom just yet, so perhaps Kim P. might join Kelly to make a temporary voting bloc with Lex/Tom before the merge takes place.

If we see a character development for Kim P. then this might fit in with Alicia's comments about her, and might be a spoiler that Kim P. does go further in the game than how she's being edited like so far.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-12-01, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Gervase X"
This looks a lot like the Gervase X spoiler from the first season of Survivor, and the HTML comments spoiler from the second season. Something really interesting is found on a web site -- the first season had pictures with "X" on them for everyone but Gervase, the second had comments in the HTML for everyone but Liz and (I think) Amber.

Both of the above "spoilers" were on CBS web sites. However, the TV Guide web site isn't controlled by EPM or CBS. I don't know that it would be practical for EPM or CBS to get TV Guide to do something like this.

Is there anyone out there getting TV Guide who can check the text of the final printed version of this article and post it?

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Gervase X"
>>>Is there anyone out there getting TV Guide who can check the text of the final printed version of this article and post it?

Got my TV Guide in the mail today. The article is there, and is the same as the one posted by zzz, other than a couple of changes in grammar, probably made due to space issues. The substance of the article is the same.

true

11-13-01, 05:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Gervase X"
If the print version has the article basically intact--the obvious question remain--why would they bother to delete it from the online version? To make it hard for us to cut and paste? Was it an accident? It just strikes me as very strange (they have left Susan's article for this coming episode online).

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-01, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Thanks"
Thanks, true.

I have to agree with zzz. Deleting the online article doesn't make sense.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Thanks"
If MB supplied TV Guide with some advance information so that Sue and Alicia could write pieces that would help grab ratings (it's November sweeps after all, maybe that was a CBS decision and possibly it fell outside MB's control) without realizing that the pieces would be available online prior to the publication reaching newsstands, he may simply have requested that the piece be deleted online until it was out to the public anyway.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Alicia's E7 Article Deleted"
I really don't believe that Alicia knows who wins. MB would be stupid to tell any of the ex-Survivors (who are doing media) who the winners are. And MB is not stupid. But Alicia may have gotten a little too close to the truth by guessing and it made MB nervous. Alot of us have said we think Lex and Ethan could go a long way in the game. They seem to be leaders of the Boran group. Plus I believe KimP has the best bet of the Samburu Brats to move on. Several people have mentioned liking her. So she may get kept around for her personality after her allies are booted. Thinking she doesn't have an alliance so isn't a big threat. Then before they can get rid of her she could win a few IC.

realityjunkie 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityjunkie Click to send private message to realityjunkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "It's Baaaack"
Alicia's article is back up on TV Guide.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •