The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-01, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
This issue has been touched on in a number of threads, but I thought it might be useful to bring the theories together to try to help spoil this issue.

Diane's list of friends suggests Lindsey goes soon so, if correct, they either guess right or find out.

Here are the theories I have heard:

1) Lex, Tom and Kelly already know because Ethan, Kimj or Clarence gave them a signal at a challenge.

2) Kimp or Brandon betray Lindsey to try to save herself or himself (supported by the title "I'd Never do that to you" and the promo from CBS that someone considers betraying old friends).

3) At the next RC or TC, Ethan, Kimj or Clarence get this information to Lex, Tom and Kelly. I like this theory because it is what I would do in the situation. I would know how important is would be to get them this information. I could do it be just yelling it out loud. If that might get me in trouble with MB, I have another way to do it--when Jeff asks after explaining how the challenge works if there are any questions, I raise my hand and ask, "Yes, I have a question. How does the fact that I know that Lindsey has four votes affect this challenge?" Of course the question makes no sense in context, but so what, I got the information out there in a way that MB could not really challenge.

Any other thoughts or theories?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... George Tirebiter 11-09-01 1
   RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... zzz 11-09-01 2
       Why Clarence? bebekid 11-09-01 3
           RE: Why Clarence? sonrod 11-09-01 15
               Jury must be an odd number. bebekid 11-09-01 19
                   RE: Jury must be an odd number. sonrod 11-10-01 21
       RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... George Tirebiter 11-09-01 4
 RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... Fast Eddie 11-09-01 5
   RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... MDSkinner 11-09-01 6
       RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... HomeBrewer 11-09-01 9
       RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... sonrod 11-09-01 16
   I think this may have already happe... bebekid 11-09-01 8
       RE: I think this may have already h... Mumbo Jumbo 11-09-01 11
 RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... MikeD 11-09-01 7
 RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... zzz 11-09-01 10
   Scary Mumbo Jumbo 11-09-01 12
       More company AyaK 11-09-01 14
   RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... sonrod 11-09-01 17
       RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... zzz 11-09-01 20
 Will the tiebreaker stay the same? PagongRatEater 11-09-01 13
   RE: Will the tiebreaker stay the sa... Afreaqua 11-12-01 58
 RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... Swami 11-09-01 18
   RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... sonrod 11-10-01 22
       GenX's Plan Should Work. Seyz 11-10-01 24
           RE: GenX's Plan Should Work. zzz 11-10-01 33
           RE: GenX's Plan Should Work. PepeLePew13 11-10-01 36
               RE: GenX's Plan Should Work. Swami 11-10-01 39
           RE: GenX's Plan Should Work. gofrank151 11-12-01 60
           RE: GenX's Plan Should Work. Afreaqua 11-12-01 62
 Absolutely Sexy Spearchucker 11-10-01 23
   RE: Absolutely wannabe 11-10-01 25
       RE: Absolutely I_AM_HE 11-10-01 27
       Can't change vote dangerkitty 11-10-01 32
   BRANDON THE BRAINS? Rose Red 11-10-01 26
       RE: BRANDON THE BRAINS? King William 11-10-01 28
 RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... Outfrontgirl 11-10-01 29
   RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... Rose Red 11-10-01 30
       Whoops! Five plus two equals seven Rose Red 11-10-01 31
   RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... zzz 11-10-01 34
       RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... Rose Red 11-10-01 35
           RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... Outfrontgirl 11-10-01 37
               MB's Attempt at Trickery... IceCat 11-10-01 38
                   Lindsey hospital Miaperdido 11-10-01 40
                   RE: MB's Attempt at Trickery... Outfrontgirl 11-10-01 43
 Another theory: Why Lindsey's votes... TechNoir 11-10-01 41
   Your vote logic won't work... Rain Crow 11-10-01 42
       RE: Your vote logic won't work... TechNoir 11-10-01 45
       Actually... dangerkitty 11-10-01 46
   RE: Another theory: Why Lindsey's v... Outfrontgirl 11-10-01 44
       Lindsey's Hospital Dates Don't Matc... Rose Red 11-10-01 47
           RE: Lindsey's Hospital Dates Don't ... Outfrontgirl 11-10-01 48
               RE: Lindsey's Hospital Dates Don't ... dangerkitty 11-10-01 49
               RE: Lindsey's Hospital Dates Don't ... Rose Red 11-11-01 50
               RE: Lindsey's Hospital Dates Don't ... PepeLePew13 11-12-01 56
       Clarification Mumbo Jumbo 11-11-01 51
 LEX KNOWS!!! s_man 11-11-01 52
   RE: LEX KNOWS!!! Rose Red 11-12-01 53
   Sorry, Dude... IceCat 11-12-01 54
       RE: Sorry, Dude... Rose Red 11-12-01 55
   RE: LEX KNOWS!!! PepeLePew13 11-12-01 57
 RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... esquire 11-12-01 59
   RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... zzz 11-12-01 61
 MB editing of Brandon...points to L... Krautboy 11-12-01 63
 RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Kno... gemstone 11-12-01 64

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
I think Boran is waaay too together to NOT pull this off. All it would take was a moment of eye contact and a big "L" (for "LOOZER!") to convey it.

MamaKim was quick to share Clarence's transgressions, so I believe the current Boran is on the same page (minus CB, of course--who does't seem to realize what a dolt he was, getting his head together with Silas so obviously.)

And I think the question of Kelly's loyalty and possibile alliance with the GXA has been laid to rest--she was wearing her necklace upon arrival in the Samburu camp, so that whole bunch of conjecture was simply coincidence! She and Lex rose quite a bit in my estimation, last night.

If Boran throws another IC so they can get rid of Clarence, that will give the others more time to scope out the situation.

GT

11-09-01, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
George--

I have two questions for you.

1--Why be so subtle as to just showing an L? That is too ambiguous and may not give the intended meaning to Lex and Tom. Maybe Ethan is just saying hello to Lex (another L name). I would want to do it in a way that NO ONE could misunderstand. Who cares if everyone sees me do it.

2--Why do you think they would remove Clarence next? With a delayed merge (something they did not know might happen before TC), Ethan and KimJ cannot risk a 2-2 tie if they go back to TC the next time. Jeff did not show the vote for Frank and may not show who Clarence votes for next time. Too risky to vote off Clarence (and I think they still trust him more than the two new Borans--don't let MB editing fool you). Furthermore they need Clarence for challenges and chores. If Boran goes to TC this coming week--look for Teresa to go as the weaker of the 2 new Borans.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-09-01, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Why Clarence?"
zzz, you may be right, but I'll give you another perspective:

First, I think the merge HAS to happen no later than nine, so the 7 jury members and the final 2 can be together and have a big picture about the final days of the game.

If that's true, then we have only 2 more TCs. Boran lost IC last night. How likely is it that they will lose 3 in a row?

If Clarence helps them lose 2 in a row, then he's not worth keeping around. I don't think KimJ and Ethan are as loyal to him as they are to Lex, Tom, and Kelly because of what went down in Ep1. I think Ethan will see this as his last chance to get rid of Clarence, his biggest competition, before individual ICs start. It's too risky to let Clarence go to the merge and go on an IC streak ala Colby.

Original Boran don't have to keep members just for numbers' sake at the merge. Frank and Theresa will be more than happy to vote off any GXA that remain after the merge. It's more important to get rid of serious threats that may be hard to stop once individual ICs begin. Just my opinion!

sonrod 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-09-01, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sonrod Click to send private message to sonrod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Why Clarence?"
Who says there has to be 7 jury members. I think the tribes will probably merge with 8 members. This would give the newly formed tribes a chance to bond, in the hopes ( by the producers ) that once the merge did happen that OLD alliances would not take place and the re-united Boran members would not vote off the original Samburu tribe one by one.

11-09-01, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Jury must be an odd number."
Maybe there won't be 7 jury members. But there would have to be either 5 or 9. MB can't risk a tie on the final vote. It must be a decisive win. No trivia-from-the-handbook tiebreakers for a million dollars!

The only thing I can see happening differently is the merge at 9 instead of 10. I have wondered before why they merge at ten, and the first person voted off is the only person from the merge not in the jury. Merging at 9 will obviously put one tribe at a numerical disadvantage, but that may not matter as much with this group!

11-10-01, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sonrod Click to send private message to sonrod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jury must be an odd number."
What I meant that the tribes could merge at 8, but the 8th person voted out does not join the jury, leaving a jury of 5. This allows the tribes a chance to form new alliances, and in MB's reasoning, compelling TV story lines, and less predictable tribal council meetings.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-01 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

I think that although Boran was split without a chance to make plans, they will know that they can trust their original ties--Frank and Teresa left nothing to the imagination about Samburu and I think they'll know they can trust their votes at least to the point of getting rid of Clarence. Meanwhile, Lex, Kelly, and (to an extent) Tom seem to have a good grasp of what's transpired in the other camp--run by slackers, "a queer and two girls tight as a badger in a hole" and all? I don't think there would be anything subtle to them if someone flashed an "L"--and I didn't pay enough attention to the official rules to know if they could get away with a blatant shout-out, but it might not be a good idea, depending.

Boran has Frank, who I think has been an obvious physical asset--and compared to what Samburu is left to deal with, I think they would still consider themselves ahead. It would not surprise me if Boran threw another challenge to deal with Clarence--which would also give the others more time to scope out the Samburu situation.

GT

Edited cuz I totally screwed up and said Boran was the one who didn't know what Jiffy said about the merge--yes, you are dealing with a real vegetable here. . . read with a grain of salt!

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
You'll recall that in S2 Kimmi told someone in the other tribe about the vote against Jeff during the challenge (when they sit around for some time for production reasons). No one suggested that this might be against the rules and certainly nothing was done about it. Unless these people have been told, without our knowledge, of a new rule prohibiting such communication, it would be very easy to pass the info.

Of course, as Lindsey seems to be the laziest and most annoying (which is really saying something), they'd probably pick her anyway.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
I agree FE. It seems not only likely that the others will be able to pass along the information at some point and time, but that even if they did not that Lindsey would be the obvious choice. She has done nothing to help her situation. She was very annoying, very frightenend(which should lead them to believe that she is in danger) and she got WAY too excited when they won the immunity challenge. The way I see this, she is the obvious choice no matter what.

HomeBrewer 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-09-01, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HomeBrewer Click to send private message to HomeBrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
Agreed. Lindsey was extremely excited and she was the one stating that they MUST win the IC before it happened. Lex, Kelly and Tom are sharp enough to realize that she has votes. They may be snookered into thinking that Brandon has votes, but knowing that Lindsey also has votes will vote Lindsey. "Diane's Friends" states that Silas and Lindsey go. Silas went last night, Lindsey is right BEHIND. As far as the other camp, I would suspect that Clarence is top choice. Ethan was willing to oust him, relying on Frank and T-Bird to join forces. I do not think Ethan will want to throw two challenges in a row. Also, Jeff "hinted" that Merge might be later than expected (NOT), and the threat of this would mean that potentially, there would ba a 2-2 tie. This would also create less than 4 survivors at a camp. Isn't the final episode left with 4. Nobody alone... I believe merge is at normal time in the game. Even at 5 a piece, but not really. Lindsey is a goner. I would like to point out that this board contemplated intentional losses, correctly, but in the wrong context. We are doing just fine. MB has gotten us a few times, but usually, someone figures it out. They just are not convincing enough to sway the board.

“Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.” -Winston Churchill

11-09-01, 09:12 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
I agree. Lindsey needs to keep her mouth and her tear ducts shut. If the former Boran members can't definitely decide who if any has any votes cast against the young samburu cubs, then they might just vote for the most annoying----Lindsey, and take their chances in the tiebreaker. Which naturally would not come to pass because Lindsey would lose the first tie-breaker.

11-09-01, 03:43 PM (EST)
8. "I think this may have already happened!"
I'll have to review my tape, but I think everything was brought out on the first night about voting history, alliances, etc.

When they went to the reward challenge, I thought: this is a perfect time to share info. Everybody is running around chasing goats, all Ethan has to do is run up next to Lex and say "Lindsey has votes". Goodbye Lindsey! And it may have happened without MB even knowing it! i know this is wild speculation, but here's hoping that it happened!

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-09-01, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I think this may have already happened!"

>When they went to the reward
>challenge, I thought: this is
>a perfect time to share
>info. Everybody is running
>around chasing goats, all Ethan
>has to do is run
>up next to Lex and
>say "Lindsey has votes".

I had the exact same thought during the goat wrangling. Ethan could have easily gotten word to Lex and is sharp enough to do it. Think about it. Would MB show that to the TV audience in the episode before Lindsey gets the boot? No. MB makes it look like they're leaning toward Brandon. Lindsey definitely goes but I just can't decide if it's this coming week or the next depending on when Samburu loses the next IC.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-09-01, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
Somehow, someway Survivor will make sure that Lindsey's votes will be found out and she is the next to go (if not Clarence).

11-09-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
Just a few responses to things that have been noted above. First, I agree that there is a reasonable chance that L\T\K already know about Lindsey vote from Ethan and/or KimJ. Of course MB would never show us this footage because it would give too much away. Luckily if it was done it was done in a way that Lindsey does not know so MB can show all the footage about her fretting (just for us to find out later that they knew all along). Ethan is pretty smart I think, although sometimes not as assertive as he could be, and I think somehow when the groups were together he may have done it--and if he hasn't yet, I think he will. As noted, this happened in a slightly different form in S2 with Kimmie (the stupid b*tch) and everyone saw S2. I am just surprise we did not hear Lindsey fret about that specific risk (of course maybe she did and it was edited out). That is certainly one of my main thoughts. I also agree that L\T\K may not need help to figure it out, but why leave anything to chance.

What seems to be more controversial in this thread--and not really directly related to the question of this thread but has been noted by a few people--is whether Clarence is vulnerable in E6 if Boran goes back to TC. The argument that -- well even if E7 is not the merge E8 is the merge and what are the chances Boran will lose 3 in a row -- is a weak argument to me. Boran voted off Jessie in large part because they had a very real fear of losing 3 in a row. They will not take a risk if they don't have to. For KimJ and Ethan to vote out Clarence in E6 when they have no guarantee Jeff will announce Clarence's vote (or even that Clarence will vote for Frank or Teresa if he gets wind that he is being booted) and they have no guarantee they will not have to come back to TC in E7 (even if they can safely assume there will be a merge in E8 which they cannot assume -- but I agree is likely) would be very foolish. So I repeat, if there is a chance you may have to come back to TC in E7, you don't make a vote in E6 that puts you at risk if you don't have to. Ethan especially has to be concerned he might be a target in E7 with Clarence gone. If Clarence does go in E6, it would be because KimJ threw Ethan overboard for Frank and Teresa. KimJ would be foolish to do that because she would be killing herself with all her old allies that are now at Samburu who would not like her betrayal of Ethan.

11-09-01, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Scary"
I posted 2 minutes after you just above. We're thinking so much a like that it's scary. If they do find out definitely when the merger is, Ethan will get Clarence booted. However, MB is not going to tell them and it will save Clarence's heinie. For a few days, anyway.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-01, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "More company"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-01 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

And I posted this exact same thought on another board last night.

First, let's look at the likely tribes for the E6 IC:
Boran: Clarence, Ethan, Frank, Teresa, Mama Kim
--versus--
Samburu: Lex, Tom, Linz, Little Kim, Kelly (Brandi will sit out and fantasize about Jiffy).

Hey, this is NO CONTEST, even though Boran has an extra male. If the IC is physical, Samburu will win. NOW Ethan has a real choice. If merge is delayed, and he boots Clarence, he's down to 4. And, thanks Markie, but Ethan doesn't know who Silas voted for! He may think Silas voted for Ethan.

Now we come to E7, if no merge. Ethan and Mama Kim, Frank and Teresa. The two weakest players, both on Boran. Yeah, MB could fix IC again, but Ethan can't count on that. One of Boran has a vote against. But Ethan doesn't know who. Anyway, the other 3 could (and might well) vote him out even if Ethan knew that the vote was for Frank.

Of course, all of this is so much irrelevant BS if Boran wins immunity in E6 and Samburu has to boot someone. But we just don't know anything yet, and MB is going to make sure that we don't find out. Damn him. He really IS evil.

11-09-01, 09:21 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
I don't think it is wise to deliberately lose any challenges as a strategy. If you start losing, it becomes difficult to stop the losing streak. It bears down on you. You don't want to go into the merge on a losing streak. Makes it difficult to compete in the individual challenges if you have been part of a losing streak. It is hard enough to win, the tribes shouldn't compound it by tanking the challenges. You don't win a million dollars by your backside.

11-09-01, 11:51 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
sonrod--

In a normal game I would agree with you, but this time MB made the rules so crazy, normal logic has to be adjusted. It was like the time I was in little league and the other team only had eight players. My coach said that they could play me in the field as a ninth player for that inning (I was the WORST player on my team). They put me in left field (a little different for me because normally as the worst player I was in right--but I digress). Of course as you might imagine, in left field, eventually a ball was hit my way (again something not that common because in right field you don't get many balls hit your way in little league). Do you think I tried to get it? The answer is NO--I did not--I had no desire to help the team in the field--my team was at bat.

So what does a stupid story from over 25 years ago have to do with your comment (you have probably guessed the answer by now)? When you have enemies put on your team and allies on the other, it sometimes makes sense to lose. So what if you go on a losing streak--you still have Teresa and Frank to dump, and perhaps if the merge is delayed further you can dump Clarence (at that point there would almost certainly be a merge and if not, Lex and Tom may be able to start fixing their competitions to get rid of Lindsey and the other spoiled children). Then once there is a merge, individual competitions are really different. But even if they are not--so what. You don't need to win as long as your allies win. So let Lex win the ICs. Tina let Colby do the winning of ICs and look where it got her ($1 million in case you didn't know).

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Will the tiebreaker stay the same?"
I think it is also a very valid question to ask if they will change the tiebreaker. If it ends up being trivia for the Survival Guide then there is a big edge for the GXA - S. Not that this show has always been fair, but it hasn't been consistent either and I think that they could definitely change the tie-breaker to level the playing field. I would just love to see Brandon's face if he gets in a tied vote and Jeff says - ok, to break this tie were going go to who made the most water runs.

If it stays the same that is a big advantage for GXA - S, but I do think that they will figure out, or already have, that Lindsey is the Weakest Link (Goodbye).

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-01, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Will the tiebreaker stay the same?"
<<I would just love to see Brandon's face if he gets in a tied vote and Jeff says - ok, to break this tie were going go to who made the most water runs.>>

...or how about going to the one who participated in the most challenges...

I'd love to see it too, but unfortunately, it's not like the breaking up of alliances (a player's strategy, not part of the rules). Also, a player who has lost an alliance is always free to go out and form new ones...that happens all the time in this game anyway as players are voted off.

The vote counting rules are probably set in stone. If they were to do THAT it would definately be obvious to all that they were favouring players and manipulating the outcome of the game. A big nasty lawsuit would win for sure.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
If the Boran home-team doesn't tell on her the first chance they get, Lindsey will give herself away...

She is telegraphing despiration left and right. She was shown emphatically saying they had to win IC, just had to win. When they won, she couldn't stop kissing the stupid idol. She seems clueless that anyone will figure out she has votes based on her behavior.

Brandon said that he and Kim have to keep reassuring L that they will try to keep the others from finding out about her 4 votes. In a camp with no walls, these conversations will be overheard eventually. Especially because Lindsey can't seem to shut up.

Swami

11-10-01, 00:45 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-01 AT 00:58 AM (EST)

Lindsey is really in a bind. On one hand, she should be quiet and try to be less annoying, stop panicking, and stop crying. But then on the other hand, if Brandon and Kim are informing the rest of the tribe that they each have votes against them, then the former Boran members will wonder why Lindsey is silent on the subject of votes, and new tribe members might correctly deduce that Lindsey is the one with one or more votes, and target her for elimination.

I think her best bet is to continue to attract ticks on her butt, and have Tom and Lex remove said ticks, in the hopes that Tom and/or Lex become enfatuated with her and decide to keep her around just in hopes of another tick attack!

Oh and here's a thought. Keith of Surv. 2 is a chef and can't cook rice, and Tom raise goats and can't herd them into a pen! I thought the Boran had the edge--I thought the chickens were in the bag for them. No chicken for Tom tonight, only more cornmeal--burnt cornmeal if Brandon gets a hold of the frypan.

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "GenX's Plan Should Work."
The way I see it, is that the GenXers should'nt have too much problem pulling off their tactics next episode. Up until now, I didn't think that Kim P or Brandon was playing smart enough, but I think their current strategy is the best strategy in this scenario.

I really think that Brandon should have no problem convincing the Lex/Tom/Kelly that he has votes against him. Tom seems to be homophobic to begin w/, and Lex already thinks that Brandon has votes against him. The only person that thinks that Brandon might not have a vote against him would probably be Kelly. It wouldn't be that hard for Brandon to pretend he accidentally spilled ths beans.. or to purposely be overhead telling Kim P and Lindsey that he's worried because he has votes against him.

So if this strategy does work.... the GenXers should ALL make it to the merge. Just probability wise the Borans only have a 1/3 chance of choosing the right person, while the GenXers have a 2/3 chance of getting into a survival guide tiebreaker. And.. I think there's little doubt that KimP or Brandon will win one of those tiebreakers because they've been cramming.., while the ex-borans probably haven't even thought of the possibility of a survival guide tiebreaker.

So all in all, the GenXers do have a better change of surviving next episode if they lose IC. I'm wagering that Lex or Tom might go... Kelly seems to get along with Brandon and Kim and so I don't think the GenXers will target her.

But of course.. the most puzzling thing is the Survivor preview on the web stating that someone overhears a quiet conversation and considers betraying old friends. I can think of numerous scenarios...
Ethan overhearing Kim/Frank/Therea (but not likely.. because betraying them would not help him anyways because he's already outnumbered)
The more likely candidate (I think) is Kelly overhearing Lex and Tom talk about the Tom/Lex/Ethan alliance.. and realizing that she'll be the most vulnerable member once all the Sambaru members are voted off.. therefore... I can see Kelly joining the GenXers..another scenario which would seem to indicate that the GenXers make it to the merge.
The Last scenario can only be one of the Mallrats betraying their own.. but I don't see that as being too likely because they only have each other left.. they know they have to stick together now more than ever....

11-10-01, 02:08 PM (EST)
33. "RE: GenX's Plan Should Work."
Seyz--

How can you be so sure that Ethan (or KimJ or Clarence) won't get word to L\T\K that Lindsey has votes (as I and others have speculated)?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: GenX's Plan Should Work."

>I really think that Brandon should have no problem convincing
>the Lex/Tom/Kelly that he has votes against him. Tom seems to
>be homophobic to begin w/, and Lex already thinks that
>Brandon has votes against him. The only person that thinks
>that Brandon might not have a vote against him would
>probably be Kelly.

Don't forget that Kelly is a behavioural analyst so she would likely pick up on the actions of certain people in camp (she does seem to be smart enough to do so). Also, Ethan can simply stroll near Lex while standing around watching people shoot their arrows at the archery competition and making eye contact, saying quickly "Linz has 4 votes" without raising too much attention. These two points along with Lindsey's nervous actions and overreaction to winning immunity in the last episode is more than enough to prove to Lex/Tom/Kelly that Lindsey would be an easy loser in any tiebreak vote. Why else would Brandon try to drop hints that he has votes against him -- does he think that Lex/Tom/Kelly would assume he's so stupid he'd announce his own votes if he DID have votes?

>But of course.. the most puzzling thing is the Survivor preview
>on the web stating that someone overhears a quiet conversation
>and considers betraying old friends.

As I've posted on another thread, I am convinced that Kim P.'s character is underdeveloped and there is potential for her to show much more in the editing in the next couple of shows. She had been silent during the first few moments of Ep.5 after they got back from TC plus Lindsey got help from two new strangers (Tom and Lex) instead of from Kim P. or Brandon when she found the tick munching on her hip. I think that Kim P. (and/or possibly Brandon) is ready to break up the GXA. Kim P. is 29, the oldest of the GXA and she seemed to be friendly with Kelly after the twist, so we could be seeing something develop on that front. We might not even have a tiebreak at all if Samburu goes to TC in the next episode, we might have a 4-2 or 5-1 vote against Lindsey with Kim P. and possibly Brandon joining the Lex/Tom/Kelly group.

I have also talked elsewhere that I don't see Boran throwing the TC in episode 6 with the cryptic message from JiffyProbe about the merge possibly not being after the next episode -- they might want to make sure they win and get any rewards using Clarence's strength in episode 7 if there is still no merge. I believe that if there is no merge in ep.7, then it will take place in ep.8 and I believe that the Borans are thinking along the same lines ("it'll be either in ep.8 or Jiffy is yanking our chain") so they would rather hedge their bets and try to win this next IC and then throw the next one to toss out Clarence. This is all just speculation IMO, but it makes sense to me.

We have now seen IceCat's vidcaps of the purported IC -- this is a clear indication to me that Boran will win with Frank being the final shooter (of course, it's always possible an upset will happen a la Kelly W. losing the rowing competition in S1), but it fits in with what I'm describing above.

So... get yer tick-infested arse outta here, Lindsey!

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: GenX's Plan Should Work."
>
>>But of course.. the most puzzling thing is the Survivor preview
>>on the web stating that someone overhears a quiet conversation
>>and considers betraying old friends.
>
If either Brandon or Kim overhear Tom, Lex &/or Kelly in a quiet conversation which reveals that they know about Lindsey's votes (maybe because another Boran told them at RC), then Brandon or Kim (whichever it is) would know that the GenX alliance is toast, and that after Lindsey they could be next. At this point it would good game playing to try to ingratiate themself with the T/L/K group, and join with T/L/K by offering to confide which of them has votes. If this works, they are the weak fourth of a strong alliance, but if the other two GenX are voted off before them they can hope to survive until merger, and maybe beyond. But they have to betray 2 friends first. I think either Kim or Brandon is capable of this. A betrayal like this would certainly help explain why none of them are friends now.

Swami

gofrank151 32 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-01, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gofrank151 Click to send private message to gofrank151 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: GenX's Plan Should Work."
What makes you think the tie breaker would be the same?

No way does he use the same trivia survival question stuff again.

It something new this time that nobody expects.

Frankie

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-01, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: GenX's Plan Should Work."
>>>>The more likely candidate (I think) is Kelly overhearing Lex and Tom talk about the Tom/Lex/Ethan alliance.. and realizing that she'll be the most vulnerable member once all the Sambaru members are voted off.. therefore... I can see Kelly joining the GenXers..another scenario which would seem to indicate that the GenXers make it to the merge.

OH NO! Please no!

>>>>The Last scenario can only be one of the Mallrats betraying their own.. but I don't see that as being too likely because they only have each other left.. they know they have to stick together now more than ever....

I can see them betraying each other (if they are smart). There is no hope for them once they have made it to the merge considering what everyone knows about them. Hopefully they would have figured out that Frank and Theresa would have spilled the beans about them (especially once they see that Silas is gone). They are probably aware that Tom, Lex, and Kelly might keep loyal to their original tribe (especially considering that they made absolutely no effort to pull their weight with the new members either).

If they do happen to make it to the merge by tricking T/L/K about the votes and gaining the advantage, it will be the 3 of them against EVERYONE else.

However, I'm not counting on them being that smart. But they just might be bitchy enough...I'm seeing Brandon as the big traitor here.

Sexy Spearchucker 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-10-01, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexy%20Spearchucker Click to send private message to Sexy%20Spearchucker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Absolutely"
You can be assured that everyone in Boran already knows. I'd be very surprised if somehow it isn't mentioned at an RC or IC.

The "new" Samburu members have had to have seen Lindsey's personality already. Brandon and Kim's strategy to be annoying in order to attract votes against them won't work. They'll see right through that.

Next out....Lindsey. No question in my mind.

wannabe 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-01, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wannabe Click to send private message to wannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Absolutely"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-01 AT 02:27 AM (EST)

I agree - but with a different rationale in mind. Whenever there is a tie at TC, there has always been an opportunity for each votee to plead their case and then a second vote is held (with the 2 getting the votes sitting out). Only after the second vote does Jiffy resort to the handbook triva game or some such. So this is my thinking. . .Even if L/T/K get the vote wrong the 1st time (somehow getting duped into thinking Brandi drew the votes), they will know they were wrong when a tie is announced and there are no prior votes. Cases will be pleaded to the other tribe members by Brandi and whomever and a second vote takes place. The old Boran re-voting are smart enough about the game to figure out that they need to vote for Lindsey since she is the 2d choice for votes (provided she is not the first). Lindsey loses on another tie breaker based on previous votes. Lindsey gone. Brandi now has votes against her making for good knowledge come the merge, if she makes it.

This theory also assumes that only the votes from previous TCs and not that TC are taken into consideration. (Another thing I don't know for sure.)

edited because my first draft gave away my assumption that Tom will collect votes from GXA, when I don't have a good reason for it.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 03:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Absolutely"
I don't think they're allowed to change to a different votee, other than the other one(s) that are tied

and yes, votes from previous TCs carry over

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-10-01, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Can't change vote"
On the re-vote, they have to vote for one or the other of the tied players, and the two who are tied cannot vote at all. So that won't work. Nice idea, though!

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-01, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "BRANDON THE BRAINS?"
I can't believe I'm writing this this week, but last week I just thought of Brandon as a gay disgrace. This last, fabulous, historic, hysterical episode let you see that he actually IS smart. "I'd Never Do That To You." Well, it sounds like Brandon talking to Lindsey before they ALLLLLLL decide to ditch her in a Silas-like landslide. Brandon who is seen seeming much closer to Kim P. may change his strategy(and save his hide)by trying to show his loyalty to the NEW Sambooboobs by ratting out one of his own, i.e. the WAY- overstaying-her-welcome Lindsey. He may decide his last, best chance is to try to work WITH Lex, and Tom and Kelly, especially when he sees that Silas is gone, which the Mallrats don't know yet, and won't know until they get to the next RC.
Also, Linda made a point in her chats post-boot of pointing out that the Mallrats don't really speak to each other, and I'm betting she's right. Why aren't they speaking to each other? Because they all betray each other. As Silas let slip himself today, "It doesn't look good." Duh.
And the more I think about Silas' chats and all those "y'knows", I don't think he knows Tom at all. I think MB and co. TOLD him to say that. Surely, he would've mentioned this "young friends" as STILL BEING HIS FRIENDS, and he didn't.
However, Silas and Carl and even Linda professed to liking Lindsey, which is ODD, because they certainly didn't get to know her as "a sweetheart" on the air. They ALL spoke about her rather compassionately, and with a touch of sadness I thought. Why? Does she get shot in the eye with one of those arrows next week?
Also, I'm sure the super-smart Lex/Ethan/Mamakim grouping have somehow relayed the pertinent Lindsey information already. It doesn't take much and that crazy goat moment was the way to do it.AND IT'S ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL THAT HE GETS THIS INFO TO HIS "two best friends". Lex and Tom.
I also have to congratulate everyone on this board for their perspicacity and writing skills. Most of you are better writers than the ones who are being PAID to write about this crazy, wonderful show. Why? Because you all care! Keep up the good work!

King William 38 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20William Click to send private message to King%20William Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: BRANDON THE BRAINS?"
I think you've nailed it. (Okay so you convinced me, and that may not be that difficult at this point, but...)

>I can't believe I'm writing this this week, but last week
>I just thought of Brandon as a gay disgrace. This
>last, fabulous, historic, hysterical episode
>let you see that he actually IS smart. "I'd Never
>Do That To You." Well, it sounds like Brandon talking
>to Lindsey before they ALLLLLLL decide to ditch her in
>a Silas-like landslide. Brandon who is seen seeming much closer
>to Kim P. may change his strategy(and save his hide)by
>trying to show his loyalty to the NEW Sambooboobs
>by ratting out one of his own, i.e. the WAY-
>overstaying-her-welcome Lindsey.

Ding. I'd say that's a good bet too, Brandon will try to put something together by being alive when Boran (hopefully) disintegrates post merge. Can you imagine? Frank and Brandon being forced into an alliance of convenience with Kelly and MamaKim?

>However, Silas and Carl and even Linda professed to liking >Lindsey, which is ODD, because they certainly didn't get to >know her as "a sweetheart" on the air. They ALL spoke
>about her rather compassionately, and with a touch of sadness
>I thought. Why?

Yeah sounds like they got to see her meltdown (cries, picks scab, pulls out tuft of braid) after the humiliation of being sold out by her own.

>I also have to congratulate everyone on this board for their
>perspicacity and writing skills. Most of you are better writers
>than the ones who are being PAID to write about
>this crazy, wonderful show. Why? Because you all care! Keep
>up the good work!

I concur wholeheartedly, everything I've seen since I began lurking (Last Friday) has been superb.

Off to bed for this powerhungry conqueror...

King William

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 05:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
I think they figure Lindsey out, but I also agree that Diane's list has been too improbably correct to fail now. Like zzz and I forget who else (sorry). I think Teresa and Lindsey must be next two.

I thought out the Teresa scenario independently and found it pretty much to the letter by others: Ethan is paranoid, may think he has a vote, and his fear of going to TC 2-2 with Frank and Teresa is stronger than his wish to boot Clarence. He has no loyalties to T-bird. Clarence will vote for anyone he's told to save himself. If MamaKim's smart she will keep the Mother of the tribe position. They need Frank and Clarence because the merge is delayed one episode.

As AyaK pointed out, there's every possibility that Samburu can win. Burnett edited last ep to make us less concerned with Boran alliances than the Samburu tie, which could well be misdirection. Teresa finally got her face time last time, so now she can go. Got a new home but it did her no good.

If Samburu goes this time, then I'm sure the merge will be coming up after next TC and Boran would boot Clarence, meaning Teresa's on the jury and not Diane's friend.

Key to me is verifying Lindsey's hospitalization. Threads here to news articles said early August. Ep 6 TC is on July 28, Ep 7 on the 31st. But now I hear she from a post on other thread that SS.com put it at day 18? Can anyone verify the most likely date?

As soon as they merge, Clarence can be toast any time. He's not going to win more than one IC in a row, if that, and he's got so many who want him out they won't even need his prior votes. Ethan should realize he'll get his wish to lose Clarence soon enough. First he has to make sure KimJ doesn't get too night with the newbie oldsters.

Lindsey will definitely be the Samburu boot--just a question of this week or next in my mind.

11-10-01, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
Hmmm....I don't think Teresa's had enough face time yet. We've seen her, and gotten to know her less than ANY Survivor-ette yet! And with IceCat's excellent analysis of the upcoming archery IC(see terrific "Frank, the Teacher" thread)the remaining Borons are gonna LOVE Frank. Also, Mamakim CANNOT get too close with the newbie oldsters(Love that phrase!)because the remaining Borons on the other team would see it as a complete betrayal. Also, she's said that she really "owes these guys" for keeping her around. Plus on "Survivor Insider" she's admitted to be very hot (or something,in her own words, maybe she said "crazy for") Ethan. And he being a nice Jewish boy needs a Mama right now. He seems to consult with her on EVERYTHING. I saw an alliance forming there for sure on the last episode and that's what Mamakim wants. She really didn't have one before. Also, the merge, if it happens at all is gonna be WAY late. And there will only be a jury of seven this year it looks like, not nine. Another "wrinkle" as Jiffy Fop has put it elsewhere in interviews.

11-10-01, 11:01 AM (EST)
31. "Whoops! Five plus two equals seven"

>Also, the merge, if it
>happens at all is gonna
>be WAY late. And there
>will only be a jury
>of seven this year it
>looks like, not nine. Another
>"wrinkle" as Jiffy Fop has
>put it elsewhere in interviews.
>

Whoops! I meant "seven remaining contestants." Not a jury of seven. The final two plus a jury of only five this year.

11-10-01, 02:18 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
Outfrontgirl--

Thanks for the plug. I feel like I have made it on the board when you have quoted me as a proponent of a theory with you.

I agree with your basic reasoning, and that is why I think it is Teresa this coming week and Lindsey the next, especially with so many MB clues that Lindsey is on the chopping block (so much talk about her fears--the riddle about betraying an old friend--and MB might have even planted the hospital rumor, he is evil after all). It is just like MB to get us to focus on one tribe in the preview just to have the other go to TC.

11-10-01, 02:56 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"

>
>I agree with your basic reasoning,
>and that is why I
>think it is Teresa this
>coming week and Lindsey the
>next, especially with so many
>MB clues that Lindsey is
>on the chopping block (so
>much talk about her fears--the
>riddle about betraying an old
>friend--and MB might have even
>planted the hospital rumor, he
>is evil after all).
>It is just like MB
>to get us to focus
>on one tribe in the
>preview just to have the

Yup, you're right, zzz. We are all being set up for a Lindsey fall, but maybe she doesn't and it's back to the Boron again. I just don't think Teresa has had enough face time yet, but Clarence has. Hmmmm. If Ethan and Mamakim really want him gone and they feel they can trust Teresa and Frank. No. They wouldn't let go of their now-tiny majority. Maybe a la the Swedish version, they'll all get switched back next week.
Jiffy Fop,"You all THINK we are going to be here until the merge." Or something like that. What was the exact phrasing? He sounded totally ominous and clearly sadistic for the first time ever. I guess the word is EVIL.
>other go to TC.

11-10-01, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
zzz, thanks for the kind words but don't let my high DAWs deceive you into thinking I'm one of the chief spoilers (earned most of them on OT).
RoseRed, you mentioned "And Then There Were None"/"Ten Little Indians" on Ice's thread. We've talked about that story in chat so you are among fellow fans.

Jiffy said they had made the assumption there would be a merge in three days. That's all, nothing about the tribe makeup staying the same. I do not think Burnett will swap anyone back like yo-yos. I think they'll have 3 eps to possibly bond with other tribe or eliminate competition.

I do not think they would have a jury of 5; it's not enough.
One good concept of Survivor that works is that when you get to the merge you start kicking off non-allies but they are on the jury so you have to try not to alienate them. Very difficult.
Five jurors would mean they have very few people to consider, and it's not a good representation of your peers.

Lindsey
I am encouraged that others think the focus on Lindsey could mean we're being misdirected towards Samburu this week.
I wish we had a good date on the hospital stay, because if it starts on Day 18 then Lindsey must go this time... the article quoted by SurvivorFever.net definitely said early August.

Teresa
As to face time--I think the only editing rule for pre-merge people is that you see them get attention at least once, and often most of it in the episode they're booted. Since they don't go far, they don't get highly developed unless they're colorful characters or key to some strategic play.

Ethan and Kim
If you look at sleeeve's Insider summary (first one, I think) there's a clip of MamaKim stating who's thinking together strategically in Boran without using names. I need to go back and review it, but what I got from it was that she and Lex were firm, Tom was in the alliance but more on the outside than he thought (not as sharp a thinker), Kelly was in thinking-wise with Kim anyway, but Clarence was still out on the fringe. They wanted Ethan but he kept waffling. He seems to have stopped waffling and he really doesn't like Clarence. Kim is not on the outside of the Boran, but one of the leaders. Clarence has NO allies, and Frank and Teresa's alliance is a threat, whereas Frank alone is not.

I think the merge will happen in 8 but I can see Jiffy letting them go to TC in 7 being unsure of whether there's another team challenge, in which case they might feel the need to keep Clarence and boot Teresa. That's the only scenario I see as to how Teresa could go in 7 and Lindsey in 6.

Oh, and I love Ice's analysis but Burnett has burned us badly on challenge vidcaps this season with deceptive frames, so--I think we need to consider that he has set us up to assume Frank will pull off the win (as others have mentioned). Tom could change his arm position in the next frame. A gust of wind could catch Frank's arrow. I used to practice archery. It's never a shoe-in with a difficult shot--well, except for Robin Hood.

Thoughts? Hospital dates?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "MB's Attempt at Trickery..."
After the two frames of video show with Tom's arrow in flight, there is a target shown bursting in flames. MB is trying to imply that Big Tom's arrow hits the mark.

My interpretation using only the information contained within the first frames, shows a miss by Tom. I am going against what the editing is trying to say.

When spoiling Survivor, its always best to go against what the editing is trying to force.

September 11, 2001

Miaperdido 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-10-01, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Miaperdido Click to send private message to Miaperdido Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Lindsey hospital"
what was she reportedly put in the hospital for? Maybe she got Lime disease from the tick.

11-10-01, 07:16 PM (EST)
43. "RE: MB's Attempt at Trickery..."
>I am going against what the editing is trying to say.
>When spoiling Survivor, its always best to go against what the editing is trying to force.

Ice, I agree and sorry I didn't pick up on the point about Tom's arrows from your poste. My bad for reading and posting under rushed circumstances. I have not yet looked at the promo video.

Seems to me editing has been working relentless towards tricking us this season. I presume that Burnett is very aware of spoilers like yourself and what you accomplished last season and also pre-season from the satellite imagery. Thus I feel very wary when we suddenly get a preview that clearly shows us it's IC, unless he thinks it will mislead people with the vidcaps.
I still have some concern that MB well knows spoilers are clued in to Frank's archery skills, and still chooses to show us this much info.
Trying to reconcile that concern with the preview looking as if Tom makes the shot... Are you sure that Tom and Frank are the last to go and that they're tied?

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Another theory: Why Lindsey's votes don't matter ..."
I "voted" in the spoiling safari at about 11:15 on Thursday so I might as well
spill my theory, which has been reinforced by IceCatt's vidcap analysis.

Boring wins IC ... I know you folks have this theory that with more women they
are less likely to win, but water and teamwork count too. And they are still
in much better shape than the Kumbayas. Now that we see the archery challenge
(and know Frank's background) Boring winning IC seems like almost a sure thing.

So ... who goes ? The three GXAers vote for ... well it doesn't really matter who.
It will be one of the new members ... probably Tom ... but ultimately that will not
matter. Cause all three of the new members vote for Lindsey cause she is a tiny
bit threatening and totally annoying. Then, after the first round of voting
L'il Kim and Brandi CHANGE THEIR VOTES. So we have a 5/1 split for Lindsey.

L'il Kim seems to have one or two brain cells and Brandi seems to be manipulative
and self serving. And by then they will both know that Silas is gone ... so all of the
young'uns know that the GXA is over. They need new allies so there is really no
longer a reason to stick together. Turning on one of their own seems right in
character.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-10-01, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Your vote logic won't work..."
because Lindsey already has 4 votes. If there is a tie, then her four votes will be her death rattle. There would be no revote.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Your vote logic won't work..."
How right you are Dr. Crow. Why I'm almost dumb enough
to make a good Survivor cast member. Unfortunately my
instincts are a bit too good

11-10-01, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Actually..."
...they do give them a chance to revote after a tie, with the two voted for giving their spiel, then they sit out and the others vote again - with the only choices being those two.

If it is still tied after the 2nd vote, then the #votes tiebreak is used. If that is tied, then the challenge - which I don't think we can ASSUME will be a Guidebook Quiz.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

11-10-01, 07:37 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Another theory: Why Lindsey's votes don't matter ..."
Technoir,
I agree that Brandon and Kim need new allies, although they don't seem to get the obvious that no one who works for the good of the camp really wants allies that don't pitch in. They are focused on the game strategy, so why in the world they don't change their lounging scene and get productive is beyond me.
They had a chance to make a fresh start and they blew it.
I repeat this not to bash them but because I truly think it kills their chances of forming new bonds. In other words, I agree they will turn on their own but would it not be the kiss of death to any Boran (present or former) to deal with them?

RainCrow is right that the only way they can score points with L-T-K through betrayal would be to turn on Lindsey before the vote. Now the former Boran will figure out this info without their help, IMO, but Brandon and Kim could strike a deal not to put any votes on the Boran, but to load them all on Lindsey (who will lash out at someone with her vote; that's a consideration too). Somehow, though, this betrayal of old friends strikes me as not applying to the GXA, simply because they have so little room to maneuver and because it sounds like the GXA.

It's remotely possible that Kelly would overhear Lex and Tom talking about her and could approach the GXA, but that would lead to booting Lex (most likely), and I am reasonably sure from our other spoilers that Lindsey is the bootee for Samburu if they go to TC. Therefore Kelly doesn't jump ship for now.

In Boran, there are two groups of old friends and someone might decide to ditch their old ally to get in firmly with the new tribe. There are a few permutations for this preview to play out in both tribes, so I'm not sure I want to decide that I know for sure, only to get led astray.

11-10-01, 10:49 PM (EST)
47. "Lindsey's Hospital Dates Don't Match"
For whomever asked for the dates of Lindsey's supposed hospitalization, survivor news. net said this happened during the first week of August. We are now only passing TC5 which according, again, to the survivor news calender www.survivornews.net/Calendars.html
says that we are around the end of July! So her hospitalization occurs AFTER she's booted and residing in Boot Camp. Unless she's around for four more Tribal Councils, which seems highly unlikely.
So therefore the hospitalization was yet another leak/plant by MB! He's very active this year, isn't he? He's messing with our heads the same way he's ****ing the Survivors!
I hope I created that link right. I'm so new at this. Anyway, go to survivornews.net and then go to their site map and click on calendar and you'll find it.
So something bad happened to Lindsey LATER. Who cares?

11-10-01, 11:36 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Lindsey's Hospital Dates Don't Match"
Rose Red,
We know the dates in the show for sure, by Frank's birthday and by the calendar shown at Boran, which give the same date.
Next TC #6: July 28
TC#7: July 31

If Lindsey got booted on night of July 31 and collapsed back at lodge, she would end up in hospital on Aug 1 or shortly thereafter, which fits the spoiler.

I'm not sure what you're saying about 4 more TC's.
Seems to me most likely time for hospital stay would be right after boot and due to getting ill in camp...
Sure we don't know that...
Do people think the article itself was a plant or unconfirmed rumor?

11-10-01, 11:49 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Lindsey's Hospital Dates Don't Match"
As far as Lindsey collapsing after getting booted, that is soooo easy to picture. Her highly emotional nature, joined with overall physical depletion/some degree of dehydration, and getting a HUGE spike of intense emotion would be a recipe for a knock-down. It makes total sense.

As far as the info being a plant or not, ack, who knows. If it is true, someone could get and report the info and not know anything more than the fact that she was admitted to the hospital at a given time.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

11-11-01, 00:57 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Lindsey's Hospital Dates Don't Match"

>We know the dates in the
>show for sure, by Frank's
>birthday and by the calendar
>shown at Boran, which give
>the same date.
>Next TC #6: July 28
>TC#7: July 31
>
>If Lindsey got booted on night
>of July 31 and collapsed
>back at lodge, she would
>end up in hospital on
>Aug 1 or shortly thereafter,
>which fits the spoiler.
>
>
I'm so sorry, but you're BOTH right, and I'm wrong. The dates DO fit. However, you're saying that she goes in #7, when all the world is expecting her to go this week. So then what happens in Ep.6?
Does Diane's list apply to - Teresa? Clarence?
Or the Silas(he's such a liar)Gathier quote that "Tom is my kind of guy?" mean that Tom is going to go next week in a big surprise. Leaving the GXA with a majority!!!! Oh no!!!
Silas could've been TOLD to say that. Also, he's a terribly bad prevaricator and more than a little dumb. I didn't see these chats, but perhaps it was coached, since he seemed to repeat this Tom quote over and over AND OVER again, whereas I think poor guileless Diane only made that mistake ONCE. I think.
Could Boron lose the archery IC with Frank as their teacher? The CBS website says someone who was not liked, now is because they are such a good teacher. Which is Frank. MB, with this multiplicity of spoilers this week is misleading us, I'm sure.
God, I don't want poor Teresa to go. Would they keep her, feeling they can trust her, whereas Mamakim and Ethan STILL don't trust Clarence? Or do they now he voted for Silas? He was sort of like their spy with Silas. Although the Chipster was so transparent...As Tina Wesson said in USWEEKLY, "I don't think he's as good as being two-faced as Colby was." Ethan and Mamakim seem to have it down, however.
If the Playskoolers win next week, oy vay! They'd want to get rid of the oldest member first, which is Tom, hoping that Kelly will join them. Or do they see Kelly as a threat? They need Tom and Lex's strength. Maybe it's Kelly who goes. Then Lex shoots Lindsey, and she's hospitalized. We can only hope. She's so stupid. Jerri was vile, treacherous because she was - well,because she was smarter than Lindsey. Lindsey is just annoying and stupid and seems never to have watched this show in her whole entire life. Like so many of this group. Why are they even on it? Do they think it's Club Med with voting?
Also, the way they removed that tick from Lindsey's best feature, by pulling, and perhaps not getting its' head, can lead to Lyme Disease, y'know.

11-12-01, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Lindsey's Hospital Dates Don't Match"
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-01 AT 08:50 AM (EST)

>Next TC #6: July 28 TC#7: July 31
>
>If Lindsey got booted on night of July 31 and collapsed
>back at lodge, she would end up in hospital on
>Aug 1 or shortly thereafter, which fits the spoiler.

I'm still more sold on Lindsey going in the next episode, but it's certainly possible for her to go in ep.7. But suppose she were to get booted in ep.6? She strikes me as the type to shrug off an ailment and talk about how tough she is. I see it very possible that she could have just kept quiet about it for 3 days, did a lot of restless sleeping thinking her ailments would go away after getting caught up on food/water... then she takes a turn for the worse and is finally forced to admit she needs hospitalization. So, getting booted in ep.6 and then this takes place would satisfy the "early August" timeline.

If someone gets admitted to hospital on let's say July 30th and stays two weeks, wouldn't most people say "oh ya, she was in the hospital in early August" as a generalization?

Edited to add that this is the type of thing that MB would delight in, making people think someone goes further than they actually do or making people think someone else gets booted early. If news leak that Lindsey gets hospitalized in "early August" then spoilers might be more focused on someone else getting booted this week -- the casual viewer doesn't know about hospitalization rumours so they're more in the dark about who could or couldn't get booted, but WE are more in the know and MB has demonstrated that he's aware of us spoilers.

11-11-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
51. "Clarification"
I keep reading posts about this week's betrayal per the preview. Here is the preview:

>When a "quiet" conversation is overheard by one tribe member, >another member considers betraying old friends.

The key word in this is "considers". If an actual betrayal had occurred, I think the preview would be worded differently. From this wording, it appears that betrayal is considered then rejected. This is why I thought it was Kelly because she is bright enough to know she's better off sticking w/Lex and Tom despite their previous alliance. However, it really could be several different people but will probably not change the relationships as we know them.

There are also several comments floating around about a friendship between Silas and Tom leading people to speculate about a possible Tom boot. From Silas' chat:

>Question: Who was your favorite on the show?
>Answer: Definitely, Big Tom! Big Tom is just-I don't know him >all that well, but he seems like one of the coolest guys. Not to >mention that he wears Carhartt.

If Silas and Tom were on safari together, Silas would know him well. It appears to me that Silas is picking his favorite from watching the show or possibly the post show wrap parties. Tom may be targeted by the GXA this week, but he will make merger. Remember too that Silas and Kelly are great friends, but it doesn't appear to have happened during the filming. So far, Linda's friends looks more relevent to future boots.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-01, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "LEX KNOWS!!!"
I posted this somewhere else. Forgive me for repeating myself.

At the last IC, when Samburu wins immunity, LindZ gets the Im. Idol. She celebrates WAY too much, and if you look closely, Lex turns to Kelly ( I think) and says "Lindsey" with a suprised look on his face. I think she gives away her prior votes by being too happy about not having to go. And, Lex is smart enough to not fall for Brandon and Kim's attemps to sway votes.

11-12-01, 05:12 AM (EST)
53. "RE: LEX KNOWS!!!"
Excellent sleuthing, dude! But somehow this next episode all looks just too easy to me. We're set up for a Boran win and a Lindsey boot by the vidcap previews. MB is practically SHOWING us ALL of next week's episode already. He's never done THAT before. Although sometimes the obvious is, well, just that. Too obvious to even try to hide. Like Linda's going when she did. Everyone predicted that. The preview with the "Thannnnnk you!" and kneeling to Princess Tamponia and the looks on everyone else's face in that moment, including Teresa's, were OMINOUS to see the least and Linda went as the entire free world said she would. The same applied last season to Kimmi's exit. The surprise was she stayed around as long as she did. But Kucha kept winning.
Of course, Lex knows. He's a smart guy, and so's Kelly. Why should we even tune in we figured this all out already? There must be some surprises SOMEwhere. After last week's brilliant episode, this week may be a REAL snore.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-01, 05:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "Sorry, Dude..."
I checked the video in single frame...

Lex is definitely talking to Brandon and it looks like he is saying 'Yes!'. Just regular post-win cheering.

September 11, 2001

11-12-01, 06:12 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Sorry, Dude..."
uh-oh! Then things aren't going to go as smoothly sailing towards a Lindsey exit as they seem in the promos. I knew something was up. And nothing about Lindsey is easy. So, somebody else - From Sambooboo?- goes this week. An Old Boron? Kelly, again? Or Tom? Or does the now-super-hyper-paranoid Ethan do something stupid like try to throw a second IC so they can get rid of Clarence before the merge?

11-12-01, 09:31 AM (EST)
57. "RE: LEX KNOWS!!!"
I also looked at the tape and lipread what Lex said -- I'm a "professional" lipreader -- and it was definitely more of a YES!! than a "Lindsey!" and I concur, it was to Brandon he said it to.

I strongly believe that Lex and Kelly are sharp enough to pick up on what's going on at that scene that it doesn't need to be said out loud. Even so, they're not going to shout it out in earshot of Brandon or any of the GXA's either -- but would be more apt to discuss it quietly in camp as it's clear that Lex/Tom and/or Kelly does a lot of strategizing about who to boot, but we've never seen that on TV.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-12-01, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
There is something everyone is forgetting. The Old Borans that are now in the S tribe have to try and decide what information to believe and what information to ignore as misinformation. Even if someone told them that Franks said Lindsay has 4 votes, then K/T/L has to decide whether to believe that report or other misinformation that Brandon or someone else is giving them. K/T/L could get the information and decide to ignore it.

11-12-01, 03:30 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
esquire--

I think that at this point--with Frank and Teresa helping to vote off Silas and with Silas confirming his and Linsey's votes to Clarence--Ethan and KimJ know for pretty certain that Lindsey has votes. If they are going to tell this to L\T\K, they will not say, "I heard from Frank, but I am not sure." They will just say, "Lindsey has votes." L\T\K will believe it coming from Ethan or KimJ, and that would be the end of Lindsey.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-01, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "MB editing of Brandon...points to Lindsey"
The editing shows Brandon trying to draw votes from the former Boraners. Remember, MB knows who got voted out this week. If Brandon would have been successful in his attempts to get votes then we probably never would have seen it or known about it until TC, when MB would have used it to throw in a last minute twist.

The editing would have focused on Lindsay, and on whomever the remaining Gen-xers decided to target, NOT on Brandon trying to draw votes. Brandon's efforts, if successful, would have been hidden from us so that his being voted out could be used as a surprise.

The editing is trying to point us away from Lindsey, which means she IS the target.

Lindsey (or Clarence/Teresa) seem to be going this week.

Krautboy

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-12-01, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Will Lindsey's Votes Become Known?"
I wondered what people's opinions are about the following post from another board. I have not seen this brought up anywhere on this site as far as I can see. It kind makes sense.

"The more I think about it the more I think previous votes will not count. The purpose of the swap is too break up weaker alliances and with any luck, stronger ones to create new ones. Putting everyone back on the same playing field as much as possible. Give players a chance to correct past mistakes or just see if they learned from their past mistakes. Frank seems to have learned. Put doubt back into the game.

It would be too easy to tell your original alliance members who to vote for and instead of us wondering if T\K\L are going to choose the right one, it's big deal Old Boran is guaranteed the majority so the swap accomplishes nothing. Even if they are told not to tell, all they have to do is stare at the right person. JP said that they assume the merge is in 3 days. Well they all also assume that previous votes count which, if they knew they didn't,
might change some strategy.

Some are suggesting that Samburu should throw the next IC but if they do not have a guaranteed win or a sure team target like Silas was, then they would never do that. It is no fun watching them throw an IC anyway. Well it was funny watching Silas but thats besides the point. It wouldn't have been fun to watch a team throw IC so they could boot Teresa because they knew she had votes and no one in your alliance did, similar to what is happening in Samburu, just to get majority. This changes the game completely which is what MB wants. They really do have to become a new team and trust each other, at least temporarily. Nobody is safe. Anyone can lose in the 2nd tie-breaker and cause alot of damage.

Previous vote count can resume after the merge and would include all votes pre-merge given by old and new teams."

Now right now this will only result in a surprise at TC that was assumed to be a sure thing because the players have not been told of the rule change. The only real effect it will have is to give Lindsey a second chance if she is targeted by F\T\K by winning the tie-breaker. But it will worry the players now when they are down to 4 players if the merge is delayed that long.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •