The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"samburu didnt win immunity"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

carlosjuanito 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-09-01, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carlosjuanito Click to send private message to carlosjuanito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"samburu didnt win immunity"
Samburu actually didnt win the immunity challenge. Go to http://www.survivorfever.net/puzzle.html for details. this is really interesting

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: samburu didnt win immunity Naked 11-09-01 1
 RE: samburu didnt win immunity mavsfan 11-09-01 2
   RE: samburu didnt win immunity dangerkitty 11-09-01 3
       RE: samburu didnt win immunity turtle 11-09-01 8
 RE: samburu didnt win immunity MikeD 11-09-01 4
 RE: samburu didnt win immunity George Tirebiter 11-09-01 5
   Boran hopelessly behind dangerkitty 11-09-01 6
       RE: Boran hopelessly behind katem 11-09-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-09-01, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: samburu didnt win immunity"
Close enough for government work. Sambura did win, I watched them vote out Silas tonight. Good observation though, it might be useful in Silas's lawsuit if he decides to sue.
Naked

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-01, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: samburu didnt win immunity"
This is a great grassy knoll!

I think there are the following possibilities.

1) A "correct" picture was never defined for the players or for the production staff. The productin staff assumed Boran would win with the strength advantage, and so set their equipment up over Boran puzzle stand. Once the challenge was over, rather than move the equipment and photograph the Sambura puzzle, the production staff could have completed the Boran puzzle, and then photographed it as they disassembled it to show the puzzle at various stages of completion. Thus the teeth on the bottom being shown as the "correct" picture could have been arbitrary based on the production staff believing Boran would win, and setting up the equipment in anticipation of this.

2) The players were NOT shown a "correct" picture - which would define "correct as being the mouth with teeth on bottom. And a more generously defined "correct" is all the pieces on the platform interlocking.

3) Jeff made a mistake.

4) The players were shown a "correct" picture that matched Sambura's but WE were shown an incorrect picture intentional
or accidental.

5) Jeff knew Sambura's puzzle was wrong, but he knew MB wanted the new Sambura tribe to win, so he knowingly called the win for Sambura even though it was wrong.

I do love grassy knoll theories, and I do think MB controls the game by using challenges that favors one side or the other, but I don't think this is an example of MB wanting the Sambura tribe to win. If he wanted Sambura to win he would have picked a challenge that favored speed and agility, not a challenge that required physical strengty and then cheat on who gets declared the winner.

But I do love grassy knolls.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-09-01, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: samburu didnt win immunity"
I agree with mavsfan #2. The players never saw the completed puzzle. That piece fit either way, and the fit is all that mattered.

Veeeeeeery interesting, though! With all the stuff Colby got away with in S2, it's good to keep an eye on this kind of stuff!

(In case you're wondering: Colby didn't completely shoot out the plate in the slingshot challenge - questionable whether that plate should have counted; Colby did an illegal hand switch in the rope challenge and wasn't DQ'd.)

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

turtle 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-09-01, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail turtle Click to send private message to turtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: samburu didnt win immunity"
You're absolutely right dk - All Jeff told them was to put the pieces together...they couldn't have gotten it "wrong" since they never saw it "right"

And for anyone thinking they did see some kind of template that might have shown how the mouth was supposed to be, do you really think the puzzle would have been so difficult?

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-09-01, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: samburu didnt win immunity"
WOW - that is great...

That is unreal. But dont worry - I'm sure MB will alter the show a bit next week to get Lindsey out of there so she doesnt win either.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-01, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: samburu didnt win immunity"
I believe when Samburu was declared the winner, Boran's puzzle was still a jumble of pieces--if they went on to finish it, it was after the contest ended. Will look at my tape to be sure, but I'm pretty certain I saw several pieces out of place.

GT

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-09-01, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Boran hopelessly behind"
Well, maybe not hopelessly, they did play up the apparent tanking a bit. But Boran was nowhere near finished, and was continuing to fumble with pieces while Samburu celebrated. Jeffy had to say "Boran, it's over".

Didn't ya love how Silas "took charge" of the strategy planning?

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-09-01, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Boran hopelessly behind"
Some strategy HE had. Silas kept throwing the pieces back on to the ground, out of the platform where they should have stayed so that the team could find a way to the darn thing together. He's an idiot !!!

I have to say DK, I love your that kitty of yours !!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •