The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will Boran throw another IC?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-01, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will Boran throw another IC?"
Throwing the IC was a brilliant move by the Boran. Even though they were split in half, they are still a tribe, Samburu is not.

By sacrificing the IC the original Boaran was able to get rid of an original Samburu and protect the original Boran that became Samburu.

Mamakim needs Teresa and Frank to survive, since her head was on the chopping block. The three older folks appear to have bonded and now control the Boran. Ethan and Clarence are now vulnerable, with Clarence being the primary target.

The Boran just needs to get to the merge and they are in control. MB seems to understand this and has already set the stage for a postponed merge. It looks like we have two more TC's before merge.

Boran would be smart to throw one more challenge to get rid of Clarence, thereby protecting Lex, Tom, and Kelly as long as they can.

Worst case at an EP8 merge would be 3(GXA), Teresa & Frank, 4(Boran). Looks good for the Boran if they throw another IC...

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will Boran throw another IC? dabo 11-09-01 1
   RE: Will Boran throw another IC? PepeLePew13 11-09-01 4
 RE: Will Boran throw another IC? katem 11-09-01 2
 RE: Will Boran throw another IC? mavsfan 11-09-01 3
   RE: Will Boran throw another IC? Bebo 11-09-01 5
   RE: Will Boran throw another IC? Rudyrox 11-09-01 7
   Theresa to loser lodge? bebekid 11-09-01 8
       RE: Theresa to loser lodge? zzz 11-09-01 9
       RE: Theresa to loser lodge? katem 11-09-01 12
   RE: Will Boran throw another IC? I... Swami 11-09-01 13
 RE: Will Boran throw another IC? zzz 11-09-01 6
 RE: Will Boran throw another IC? Mumbo Jumbo 11-09-01 10
   RE: Will Boran throw another IC? zzz 11-09-01 11
 RE: Will Boran throw another IC? red 11-09-01 14
   Mamakim CanNOT Betray Ethan Rose Red 11-10-01 15
       RE: Mamakim Will NOT Betray Boran..... Dalton 11-10-01 16
           RE: Mamakim Will NOT Betray Boran..... red 11-11-01 17
           Boran in Control... Krautboy 11-12-01 27
 RE: Will Boran throw another IC? esquire 11-12-01 18
   RE: Will Boran throw another IC? gofrank151 11-12-01 19
       RE: Will Boran throw another IC? esquire 11-12-01 20
           RE: Will Boran throw another IC? zzz 11-12-01 21
           Sean and Amber bebekid 11-12-01 22
               RE: Sean and Amber zzz 11-12-01 23
                   RE: Sean and Amber bebekid 11-12-01 24
                   RE: Sean and Amber esquire 11-12-01 25
                       RE: Sean and Amber gofrank151 11-12-01 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-01, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
Actually, getting rid of Teresa or Frank might be the smarter move if Boran loses the next IC, as that would ensure numerical superiority for original Boran. But Kim J. seems to have the reigns in her hands now with Teresa and Frank seemingly willing to take her word (especially Teresa), so she might protect them and Clarence, getting rid of Ethan if need by in order to ensure herself against the LET alliance.

I also have to question whether Boran actually threw the challenge. While the subject came up (and it's not something worth arguing about), it seemed to me Silas screwed over their chances of winning all by himself, by throwing the puzzle pieces off to the side and so on during the challenge (again, not a subject worth arguing about, but I'll be checking the tape tomorrow to make certain if I actually saw what I saw).

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 03:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
I'm not ready to buy into the theory that the Borans DID actually throw the IC in the recent episode, but if they were going to throw an IC, it would make sense to me to try and win in episode 6 and throw the IC in episode 7.

In looking at JiffyProbe's cryptic message at TC:
"Well, there has been a lot of assumptions made by you guys so far in this game. One of them is that in three days there will be a merge."
I am now leaning strongly towards the merge coming in episode 8 (not 7) so that only the final two plus the 7 jury members would be left.

Boran knows what JiffyProbe said about the merge, but not the Samburus. So, they know they need to keep their strength (i.e. Clarence) for another episode because he might be useful for winning a physical RC in episode 7 when they are still as a team. Borans try to beat the Samburus so they vote out Lindsey (if there's a way to ensure that Lex-Tom-Kelly knows about Lindsey's prior votes). The preview hypes up Brandon's attempts to cover up Lindsey's votes, which leads me to believe that L-T-K does find out in some way. The risk, of course, is that Kelly decides she'd rather ally with the Mallies for the next two episodes than to trust Lex and Tom but I don't think so as Kelly is already talking about how annoying Lindsey is.

If this scenario plays out where Lindsey loses a tiebreak vote in episode 6, then Boran can throw the IC in episode 7 to ensure that Clarence gets the boot.

We're now left with the following possibilities:

OFA - Frank, Teresa, MamaKim
GXA - Kim P, Brandon
Original Boran - Lex, Tom, Ethan
Wild Card - Kelly (does she stick with the old Borans or make new friends with Kim P and Brandon who are in her age group?) I'm thinking she goes back to the Original Borans and targets Kim P/Brandon as the first two post-merge bootees.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-09-01, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
You are quite right. Clarence is in a worse position than he was before. It now looks that Frank and Teresa will make it to the jury.

In Samburu, I think Brandon, Lindsey, Lex and Tom are all vulnerable. Kim P. and Kelly will make it to the jury, I don't think either side in the tribe will target them.

Frank and Teresa must feel pretty good right around now.

Thank goodness Silas is gone, if only Tom would have gone with him, all would be fantastic.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-01, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
I think our 2 best spoilers so far are:

1) Diane's email list, which indicates Lindsey and Theresa will be joining her at loser lodge soon. (I was skeptical when it included Carl, Silas, and Lindsey thinking there was no way all 3 of them would get kicked out to join Diane at loser lodge before jury formation began - now it looks to me like Lindsey and Theresa are locks to go over the next 2 weeks assuming the jury has the standard 7 members & jury members are kept seperate from the loser lodge folks.)

2) Carl's comments indicated to me that someone from Boran wins the $1,000,000 because they stuck together and Sambura did not.
Now that JP has indicated the merge may be delayed, I'll offer a reminder that back in early August there was a rumor that the tribes did not merge in SIII. It was discussed on Survivorblows, and we dismissed this as a wild rumor based on the belief the sides would have to merge so that all of the 7 jury members could enteract in the game. I still believe they have to merge after next week, but am less sure of it now.

So back to your original question will Boran throw another IC?
If they do, then I think they vote out Theresa instead of Frank which doesn't make since to me. It makes far more logic to me that Sambura has to go to TC and votes out Lindsey (lucky pick or good intel). Athough I still don't know how to get Theresa to loser lodge and on Diane's list instead of Frank.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-01 AT 08:42 AM (EST)

>If they do, then I think
>they vote out Theresa instead
>of Frank which doesn't make
>since to me. It
>makes far more logic to
>me that Sambura has to
>go to TC and votes
>out Lindsey (lucky pick or
>good intel). Athough I
>still don't know how to
>get Theresa to loser lodge
>and on Diane's list instead
>of Frank.

That's the tough one for me too, since it appears that T is in a position of strength right now...

I think Ethan is key in that one. As it has already been pointed out, if the merge is delayed and new-Boron loses the next two challenges, then things look bad for Clarence and Ethan. Ethan has to be concerned with how he can make it to the merge so that he can get back together with Lex and Tom. I see Ethan making a deal with Clarence (how's that for ironic?). But how could be convince Kim? That's what I'm struggling with.

edited because I used "he" in a very confusing place

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-09-01, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
Wow, no merge at all?? I hope that isn't the case. The individual immunity and reward challenges are part of the fabric of this game.

I don't mind how they mixed things up with the two teams because it hasn't really changed the overall structure of the game. It shakes things up just enough to throw the people who were too cocky for a loop and give the ones who have little hope of surviving the week new breath. That was perfect.. but no merge at all?? That I would not like.

I'm thinking they are going to merge with 9 instead of 10. In the past the first post-merger person booted did not get to sit on the jury. Now it will be that all the post-merge boots will. At least I'm hoping this is the case.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-09-01, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Theresa to loser lodge?"
After last night's episode, it's hard to picture a scenerio where Theresa won't make the jury. Certainly Clarence and possibly even Ethan are more vulnerable than Theresa before the merge.

Could it be as simple as the fact that Theresa and Diane are friends because they are close to the same age? And the fact that they have a common experience? I'm sure after shooting was over, they had several days of publicity stuff and wrap parties. There was probably time enough to at least exchange email addresses!

What about something I read somewhere that Silas and Kelly were friends? They weren't on a tribe together at any point in the game. It's hard for me to see a scenerio where Kelly won't make the jury, so she won't go to loser's lodge.

For what it's worth, at this point, I'm looking for Lex and Ethan to take it a long way. They aren't annoying anyone, they aren't overt threats, and they seem to be playing well. I think one if not both of them will be in the final 4.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Theresa to loser lodge?"
bebe--

Well I think I have made this argument elsewhere but I will make it here as well. The way Teresa gets to Loser Lounge is that Boran loses IC next week and in fear of not knowing when the merge will be, they vote off the weaker of the two old Samburu (I believe old Boran will stick together). I have never heard that Silas and Kelly are friends (although it is possible). It is somewhat dangerous for Ethan and Kimj to agree to vote off Clarence because that would potentially give old Samburu an edge--a risk they cannot take. Next time Boran goes to TC--Teresa is gone.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-09-01, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Theresa to loser lodge?"
<For what it's worth, at this point, I'm looking for Lex and <Ethan to take it a long way. They aren't annoying anyone, <they aren't overt threats, and they seem to be playing well. I <think one if not both of them will be in the final 4.

I agree with you on this. My pre-season pick to win this thing was Lex. He is well on his way to doing this.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC? I don't think so. No merge either."
>back
>in early August there was
>a rumor that the tribes
>did not merge in SIII.
>we dismissed this
>as a wild rumor based
>on the belief the sides
>would have to merge so
>that all of the 7
>jury members could enteract in
>the game.

If MB switches between tribes again, he can ensure that all potential jury members would have some face time with the finalists. What is to keep him from a second switch? It is more interesting to watch alliances form and act than it is to watch alliances dig in and take out others in a predictable duck shoot. The longer he can put off the merger, the longer he puts off a duck shoot. The question is, can he put it off until only 4 people remain? I think yes, especially if they are in two different teams. Previously, before a winner was picked, the merged camp went down to two people. So individual camps can go down to a very small size & still be viable camps. I think that maybe there will be no merge until we're down to the finalists.
>
>

>will Boran throw another IC?
>
>I think the Boran home-team (Ethan, MammaKim & Clarence) would be foolish to throw another IC. They are still shell-shocked from the switch-twist, and all of them, Ethan especially, looked stunned when Jiffy said merge next week was an assumption. They will try to control their own destiny, win IC & vote somebody off. They have to be careful that whoever they vote off, it does not send the wrong message to the Boran away-team (Lex, Tom & Kelly) because their identity is still tied to the original team Boran. (Maybe MB wants to test that loyalty more & break it if he can.)

Swami

11-09-01, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
That is an excellent question and one that I have been wondering about since E5 ended. It really all depends on what Kimj is thinking. She is the one person that we have been given almost no information about her thinking. We have seen just about no confessionals of her. I think this is because it would give away too much. If we knew who she was aligned with we could tell who was at risk. If Kimj, Ethan and Clarence know that they can stick together, then sure--lose more ICs and get rid of Frank and Teresa (although without knowing for sure when the merge will come that is dangerous unless they can somehow coordinate with Lex, Tom and Kelly). Kimj will have to show her hand the next time Boran goes to TC, but until then we are left guessing whether she is tighter with Ethan and Clarence or Frank and Teresa. One clue we have is the Survivor Insider report I read stating that Kelly and Clarence wanted to get rid of Lex but were not sure Kimj would go along. This suggests to me her alliances were somewhat hidden (at least to Kelly and Clarence) and maybe she really is aligned with LET. Maybe when we saw Ethan and Kimj talking about how glad they were that they won immunity to save Kimj it did not mean the two of them were not in an alliance, but rather Kimj was told by her alliance partners (LET) that if they lost again they would have to let her go or risk going into the merge with less than 5 people which would doom the entire tribe. Maybe she agreed to that because she had no other real choice and did not want to go to Kelly and Clarence to try to stay in just to see her whole tribe doomed if she succeeded (and of course if LET got wind of her betrayal they would just switch their vote to Clarence).

One clue we have is that Ethan seemed to try to get Silas to vote against Clarence rather than Frank. Ethan knew at that point that Silas was going. Silas' vote was only relevant for tie breakers down the road. Why add a 5th vote to Clarence (making him have 1 more than Lindsey) and protect Frank. I have a hard time seeing how that was in Ethan's interest. Also interesting is that Jeff did not read the vote against Frank (someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure he only read 4 votes for Silas). That means that Frank has no idea he has a vote against him and Clarence cannot know if he has 4 or 5 votes. This is why I think Jeff is lying when he says reading the rest of the votes don't matter. They matter a lot if there are tie breakers later. This is just more mind games that MB plays to screw over the players from having information they really should have to play the game's strategy well. In my opinion that does not lead to more interesting TV.

Finally (sorry this is getting long), what is to stop Ethan from yelling over to Tom and Lex at the next challenge that Lindsey has 4 votes? Frank gave this information away and Silas stupidly confirmed it (what an idiot, confirming votes against himself and Lindsey AND admitted to Kimj he has an alliance--that boy needed to go to be put an end to his stupidity). With that information, Lex, Tom and Kelly are safe until the merge (unless there never is a merge of course).

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-09-01, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-01 AT 04:32 PM (EST)

Unless they are granted assurances of a merge after the next TC, Boran would be crazy to throw another IC. If they threw the IC and voted out Clarence without a merge then there would be four tribemates with a Kim/Ethan group verses Frank/Teresa, none of whom think they have any votes against them.(they don't know about Frank's vote). A tie a TC is not a scenerio that you want without knowledge of prior votes. If Boran does lose next week without a certain merge, my guess is that they'll use Clarence's vote to knock off Teresa. With a certain merge, Boran could throw the IC and take out Clarence but I don't think MB will let them know to keep the game more suspenseful. All of this is moot if the merge happens after next ep.

My gut tells me that Ethan will get word to Lex about Lindsey's prior votes and she definitely goes premerger.

11-09-01, 01:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
Mumbo--

Your thinking is right in line with mine (which I have expressed in a few places). The delayed merge makes certain decisions inevitable. If Boran goes to TC next week--they have to vote out Teresa. No way Ethan and KimJ can risk a 2-2 tie the week after because Jeff may not read Clarence's vote just as he did not read Silas' vote. Old Boran need to keep their majority.

I also think Ethan will get word to Lex et al. that Lindsey has votes. Ethan would be a fool not to do it and it is fairly easy to do. My preferred method is just to say it out loud in front of everyone (unless you can get a private moment--hand signals are too easily misunderstood). What can anyone do to stop it?

red 140 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-01 AT 10:11 PM (EST)

I understand Boran's strategy to be very diffent:

I don't think Boran ever intended to take Clarence into the merger. He's odd man out and he's an immunity threat. The point was to lump all the votes of the losers onto him. This is what Ethan was trying to do. Then, before the merge, you oust him but control who he votes for - someone you think the other tribe isn't likely to pick or who could win immunity. Those are the best odds you could take to merge - only one member of your choice with only one vote. I think before Jiffy's cryptic quote, Ethan probably intended to to throw another and take out Clarence. Then, they go into merge exactly where they want to be. Even if Teresa & frank turn on them, they still have the advantage with Lindsey's votes. Plus, I don't think Ethan wants Samburu to go to tribal council since the outcome in unclear, unlike at Boran.

I think people are underestimating Boran's strengths and loyalties to each other. Kim knew she would go because she was physically weakest - once merger happens all of that changes. Also, the Boran approach to voting is very clear and impersonal. I think Teresa is the clear other choice (before reeading Dian's thing) because I figured if Ethan chose to keep throwing challenges rather than risking teammates at Samburu, he'd have to go back to old Boran strategy of booting the weakest, and he'd pick Teresa over an old Boran member.

As an aside, I think Lindsay goes next because of old rumors on the former Survivor Sucks board that she goes to the hospital on day nineteen, which made us think she'd be out on day eighteen. I wouldn't be surprised if during tthe merger Jiffy made a rule that you can't talk to your old tribe mates. It just seems too obvious and Ethan seemed too concerned. I think either Brandon's attempts to make them vote for him will smell fishy, or else one young samburu will get a clue when they see Silas is gone that they're screwed, and will try to switch teams.

In any case, I'm picking Lindsay to go next and then Teresa make sense, only if Ethan is unclear about when merge occurs. Otherwise, Clarence would go per original plan.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-01, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Mamakim CanNOT Betray Ethan"
Mamakim is totally loyal to the other two Borons, Tom and Lex, and totally aligned with Ethan now. Nobody's getting rid of Ethan, if Mamakim can help it. Frank and Teresa would get rid of Clarence first. Or would they? Ethan and Mamakim are the new Colby and Tina, and don't tell me Mamakim wasn't inspired by Tina to get on this show in the first place. Mamakim being the weakest one has to count on Lex and Tom, and maybe Kelly, coming through when they finally merge, but there may be NO merge at all. MB wants one of the Boron to win, and he also likes Frank. Frank and Teresa benefitted tremendously by this swap as did Mamakim, and also, actually, Clarence. Everybody else has been blown back to day one.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-10-01, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Mamakim Will NOT Betray Boran...OR Tom/Lex/Kelly"
Just adding one thought about Lindsey having 4 prior votes.

Everybody in the BORAN tribe KNOWS Lindsey already has four votes and that the GXA was whiny/lazy blagh tribemates. And since Ethan/Mama Kim DO care that Lex/Tom/Kelly stay in the game as opposed to the Brandon/Kim/Lindsey bunch of slackers...I feel certain Ethan, Frank, Mama Kim or Teresa will find some way to get the prior votes message across during the Reward Challenge. All it would take is a greeting handshake and whisper to Lex/Tom or Kelly!!

Boran has 5 members to Samburu's 6 members --- they are not going to lose any more ICs because they can't afford to. They are the smaller tribe and Frank/Teresa really want Brandon/Lindsey OUT before they can get on the JURY!!

Even without "prior voting information" IF Samburu goes to Tribal Council and it was a 3-3 TIE between Lindsey and Tom/Lex/Kelly --- Lindsey would AUTOMATICALLY be booted due to her previous votes!!

Dalton

red 140 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-01, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Mamakim Will NOT Betray Boran...OR Tom/Lex/Kelly"
Well, yes, anyone can see that anyone with half a brain on Boran would tell Samburu that Lindsay has votes. The question is whether, in switching tribes, Jiffy made a rule that they can't communicate with each other. Which seems highly likely on Survivor. And yes, obivously if they pick Lindsay they're in good shape. The issue is if they go to tribal council, no none is allowed to tell them who to vote for, and they mistakenly pick, say, Brandon. If this is truly a danger, then Ethan may want to consider throwing more immunity challenges since he's in a position to pick who goes on his side. That way he wouldn't risk losiing Tom or Lex. Remember, just because Boran has less memebers, doesn't mean its bad for Boran. Ethan's Boran is in very good shape right now. Boran is Ethan, Kim, Tom, Lex and Kelly. Just so long as those people don't get voted off, Boran is doing well.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-12-01, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Boran in Control..."
Dalton, good point!

Boran is now in control, in both tribes! They will now start thinking about the jury. I agree that Boran will not throw the IC IF they can get word to Tom, Lex and Kelly of Lindsey's 4 votes. If they cannot, then I think throwing the IC is in the best interest of the original Boran members.

In an archery competition, it would be easy to conceal a "throwing" of the challenge, and if MB didn't like the strategy, he could edit out any obvious missed shots. Even if they decide to throw the Challenge we probably won't know.

However, I agree with you that the odds are very good that word of Lindsey's votes will get through, if it hasn't already. Looks like Lindsey is gone.

Krautboy

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-12-01, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
It seems to me that Old Borans in the new Boran tribe have every incentive to throw the IC. It allows them to use their 3-2 edge to get rid of an old S (Teresa or Frank) and give them an insured 6-4 edge at merge. If the merge takes place in week 8, then they can lose another IC and have a 6-3 edge after the merge.

gofrank151 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-12-01, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gofrank151 Click to send private message to gofrank151 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
Honestly, I don't think that Ethan and mamakim are worried about maintaining the boran advantage. They have to have doubts about whether Frank and T would rejoin the young twerps, given what they now know about their past. I think they use the chance to punt Clarence who is a physical threat post merger, and plus they dont like him much anyway because of the beans etc.

I see solid breaks as follows:

old and respectable - Frank / T
Young and lazy - brandon, lindsey, kim
Old boran strong ties - ethan, lex, tom, mama kim
boran outcasts - clarence / kelly (we know from insider that these two are tight).

The most likely scenario, at least from a personality standpoint is that ethan, lex, tom join up with whomever is left from frank and T to form a majority. Frank and T could go with that because they may think they can get mama kim to join them - her and T are bonding.

Boran could throw it one more time to get rid of clarence. Then if they didnt merge and lost again, could boot T or Frank (they have to pretty well know that silas voted for frank).

I personally think the merge delay is a hoax and will happen on schedule....if it doesn't, I think they are playing with the game TOO much.

Frankie

11-12-01, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
Its an interesting theory and you very well may be right. However, we have never seen a successful alliance that included members of both original tribes. In fact, even when the game was screaming out to a participant to make an alliance with a member of the other tribe (Sean in S1 or Amber in S2), no such alliance was ever made. I wonder if the trust can ever be their to create such an allaince.

11-12-01, 03:25 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Will Boran throw another IC?"
esquire--

I think you make a very good point when you say even when they should, people don't align cross tribe. I think that may have been one of the reasons for the "twist"--to try to see if they can get more cross-fertilazation between tribes to make this more likely (another reason I tend to think the merge will be delayed the three days to have a little more new tribal bonding). I think Franks and Teresa would be happy to join with Boran people, and many have speculated that the GXA would love to recruit Kelly. The problem is I think all the Boran people have their post-merge strategy and joining up with Samburu people would throw that off.

However, after watching S1 and S2, some people may realize that Sean and Amber made a mistake that they do not want to make. If a Boran person sees his or her strategy not working, I think it would be more likely a cross-tribal combination might occur. Of course, the stabbing involved in that usually comes too late to do anything about it (Sean had no clue up the episode he was booted that Rich was not going to support him--but Amber should have known she should switch sides).

11-12-01, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Sean and Amber"
Sean and Amber were not the sharpest knives in the drawer. I don't understand it, but I guess they were content being #5 and #6. Hopefully the current survivors have seen both seasons and know the value of alliances, even re-alligning later in the game to serve their best interests.

I think Frank and Theresa, at this point, have no other alliance but each other. They will not help any GXA that remain after the merge, so their only choice is to allign with original Boran members. Exactly who that will be remains to be seen.

This is a season of firsts, and we could very well see a successful alliance of members of both original tribes.

11-12-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Sean and Amber"
bebe--

As I stated in my last post--I agree that Frank and Teresa are looking for new allies. The question is--is anyone interested in allying with them? To answer that question, I believe we would need to have more information about the alliances and sub-alliances in Boran than MB has let us in on--and I do not think that it is an accident that we have so little information about Boran alliances. I think some people are relying too much on Survivor Insider to conclude Kelly and Clarence are a team and KimJ is unaligned. People lie to each other, and Kelly may have been lying to Clarence. We are pretty sure about an LET alliance, but I think they have more people in that alliance that we don't know about (i.e., Kelly and/or KimJ).

My best guess is that no one from Boran has an interest right now in joining with Frank and Teresa (beyond having voted off Silas).

11-12-01, 04:11 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Sean and Amber"
You may be right that no one from Original Boran has any interest in alligning with F and T. But I rather think that the Original Boran (namely L/E/T) may string them along to use their votes to get rid of Clarence and any GXA that remain. We have seen this before last season with Rodger and Liz. No Ogakor made any specific promise to them, that we know of, but they went along for the ride!

Just a side note: I wonder if there's going to be any talk among these survivors about who deserves to win the money, and how that determines their votes. We know that Tina expressed, to the cameras at least, that Rodger and Liz deserved the money more than Jerri and others. One might could argue that F and T deserve the money more than the whiny GXA. We have seen the talk about needing the money (Carl and his porsche), but deserving the money is another matter.

11-12-01, 04:13 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Sean and Amber"
If what you say is correct, then the logical conclusion is that Frank and Teresa should be looking to allign themselves with Clarence (at least he is a youngster that works hard) to survive as a Boran and then reconnect with the Gen X-ers at the merge. In fact, if the 3 of them allign themselves together, they can start throwing the immunity challenges to get rid of an original Boran like Ethan. This could give them a chance to go far after the merger.

Although this would be interesting to watch, I don't think there is any evidence indicating that this will happen

gofrank151 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-12-01, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gofrank151 Click to send private message to gofrank151 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Sean and Amber"
I dont think clarence would jump ship. I think he sees himself tight with Tom and as being in the original boron team. He of course is wrong, they will dispose of him at some point.

The only two scenarios i see for a boron tc are:

1. they get rid of clarence 4-1, maybe even throwing the IC.

2. clarence, kim, ethan remain united and vote of T. i think this is more likely given the merge ambiguity. we have always seen the oldest alliances seem to hold the longest. kim and ethan know they can get clarence anytime with his votes and the backing from the other borons.

As far as a sambooorooo tc, i think lindsey is goners with little suspense. the only question is will the other two gxas defect before the actual vote.

Chris

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •