The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"E5: The Closed Captioning Feed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-01, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"E5: The Closed Captioning Feed"
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-01 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

TO: Everyone

This is the closed captioning of tonight's Episode 5, courtesy of SB member DiamondK. Please direct all thanks to her.

Note that the closed-captioning DOES NOT tell you which of the players are speaking most of the time. Sometimes, though, it's obvious.

Some typos are in the closed captioning. If the typo was obvious, I fixed it. If not, sorry!

(My PC demanded a reboot precisely at 8:00, so the very beginning of the recap is missing)

TV Channel 3 Thu Nov 08 20:02:03 2001
>> Probst: Linda, the tribe has spoken.
>> Probst: 12 are left. Who will be voted out tonight?

>> They could have done this better.

>> Silas: Frank, I know you want to get far and I know T wants to get far but what's your logic in that? It's just a simple question. Explain your logic in the voting that's all.

>> I know. But I'm just saying you're misreading me.

>> You were punishing us because we wouldn't tell you.

>> The three of us had no idea who was leaving.

>> So what?

>> No idea. So we stayed together. We kept our alliance because we had no idea...

>> I'll tell you what they did.

>> They punished us.

>> No.

>> Just a moment. It'll come out like this and they'll speak it.

>> What you told all of us was we want you guys to all vote for Lindsey but we're not going to tell you what we're going to do but this is what you guys have got to do, so we're the low men on the totem pole, so...

>> So it was revenge. That's okay, T. That's all...

>> The power over us to say we're going to do this.

>> I understand that.

>> Brandon: Don't be emotional because we're all really high-strung, it's easier to talk about it tomorrow when we're not emotional. I totally understand it. If I had been put in that spot, I would have said screw my chances, let me just take them out.

>> No, you would not have screwed your chances.

>> Brandon: But I'm trying to make things easy and nice so we can get through tonight and talk about it tomorrow.

>> Silas: It's so funny, T-bird, because you all talked about character and loyalty and honesty and all this stuff, and it just proved right now, you know, that you guys are just full of crap.

>> Frank: Tribal council, and we had to go in there and eliminate somebody. And of course it was going to be one of the three elders of the tribe, myself or Teresa or Linda. Unfortunately, it was Linda. But that's the way it was going to happen, we knew that. We are still a tribe divided, we're two tribes in one. The youth, they think they can do it alone. They need us, and they basically just ignored us and cut us off. Keep isolating us, we're going to keep fighting, you know? I haven't seen an invitation come across the board, so...

>> Hey, it's a game, which they utter every minute, "it's a game, it's a game." I don't know. I felt so good last night. I feel so good right now because I know we got to them and it feels good.

>> Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah, they definitely set up mine, up Silas and aka. They weren't here to play the game last night, you know, they were there for revenge for them to show, "ah, kiss my ass, you know. We have the power. Look at this, we're going to screw you." And it just shows the older group's maturity level and again it's a game and you know, no big deal.

>> Brandon: I'm not used to all these emotional people. This is a game and we're supposed to be thinking. Whether they believe it or not, we have to have those two people. I mean we have to win one more immunity challenge, or it doesn't matter what we do or how many votes we have. We're screwed. It's very frustrating for me to see a clear picture and have these people around me just, like, living in the moment and not having any... Like not caring at all that the things they say really have huge consequences on what happens two days from now.

>> All right, buddy.

>> All right. We have a little voodoo doll.

>> Whoa.

>> Lex: Okay, guys. We got mail and it's probably the strangest mail we've ever gotten. Oh, yes.

>> Everyone has to put on their thinking hat. "Pick three from your tribe to go on a quest. You get to decide what you feel would be the best."

>> "Vote or draw straws and send them on their way. The other three wait but for what we won't say."

>> Wow.

>> Simple as that. It's a quest, three people.

>> Definitely you.

>> You know what, T-bird, you went to the last one. Why don't you go to this one for sure.

>> It sounds good to me. Who else is supposed to go?

>> It's show time.

>> Good luck, guys.

>> Do some house cleaning.

>> All right, let's go. Who do you think ought to go

>> I think Lex, Tom and Kelly.

>> One, two, three. Boran.

>> Probst: Welcome to day 13 of "Survivor." We brought you back to this original drop point where it all began for what I think is going to be a pretty interesting day. As you guys have certainly figured out by now, the game of "Survivor" is always changing, and it's about to change again. You guys can give me your buffs. Lex, thank you. Silas, Teresa, Frank, you guys are now members of Boran.

>> Oh, my gosh.

>> Probst: Kelly, Lex, Tom, you guys are now members of Samburu.

>> Smokes. Here's a map, Frank, to your new home.

>> Frank: Thank you, sir.

>> Probst: Kelly, here's a map to your new home. Samburu, your guys are head this go way. Boran, you're heading that way. Head on out, guys.

>> We're part of Samburu now.

>> We're part of Samburu now.

>> How many times I said I'm glad I'm part of that team.

>> When Jeff said, "give me your buff," I almost turned and and booked it. It's a long way back to camp but if he gave me the option go run all the way back to camp or give me your buff, I'd still be trying to run.

>> Kelly: I'm going to try to intervene and get as much gossip as I can.

>> Big ears, Kelly will get it.

>> Yeah, we can use this as a good way to find out all sorts of information on their team and it's really crucial for us to figure out which one of them has votes against them.

>> I see somebody, guy.

>> Oh, my god, I think that the other team is coming here.

>> We've got a little bad news for y'all.

>> No. What?

>> We have bad news.

>> When they arrived, I was excited at first. I was like oh, sweet, other team members are here. What's going on?

>> We're Samburu now.

>> You're kidding me?

>> No one's more shocked than we were.

>> What the hell? Are you serious?

>> Yeah.

>> Then as as reality set in, we all kind of just panicked.

>> Is this a joke?

>> No.

>> No.

>> No, it's not for real?

>> Yeah, it is.

>> Not for, like, good.

>> Until the merger. It's on the way.

>> No way. No way.

>> Come here.

>> Oh, my god, are you kidding?

>> Oh, my god!

>> It sounds like, though... That's people from their tribe coming to us.

>> It is?

>> Ethan: When I saw them coming up, I thought they were going to try to, like, steal our flag or get some info from us or check on our house.

>> Clarence, Ethan, Kim, we're switching homes?

>> I'm Boran. Silas.

>> Yeah?

>> Holy...

>> It was a switch, we're, like, "we're on your side now," and my stomach dropped because everything I had worked for, all the bonds I had made, my two closest friends on the team were, you know, gone. And I was, like, I'm going to have to start over.

>> Oh, man. Nice. You guys have a roof on yours?

>> Yeah.

>> You built a roof?

>> Yeah.

>> Is it nice?

>> We built a roof and in the day in the heat, we put blankets over it and put blankets down for shade.

>> This is all our... creek water here.

>> Silas: My old tribe, I had an alliance with four of the young people. Now, as far as the situation, you know, yeah, it's not that great. I mean I came here with the two people that I didn't probably want to come here with, and you know, left three of my buddies back at the other camp, and that was kind of tough.

>> I mean we're just... Our minds right now are going crazy.

>> We're being careful not to let the rice drop because if it expands...

>> It's the water's kind of like mud here but the food's really good. So there's kind of a trade-off.

>> Lindsey: What do you guys do all day? Do you lounge around like we do?

>> Also a lot of lounging.

>> All of us,-- and I'm sure the old Samburu felt the same way-- all of us were so careful about arranging our strategies and arranging for our own security and well-being. Then all of a sudden, all of that was completely blown under. How's the fire wood? Do you guys have a lot of wood?

>> Are you guys struggling too?

>> You should see how much we stored up. We stored up enough for the next week.

>> You think you're on top one minute, and then we just had this incredible loop thrown towards us, and you know, just this kink in the loop, it just threw everything off, all confidence completely down the drain.

>> I'm sorry. This is amazing.

>> You know, I don't mind playing the cards they've dealt me and I'm thinking like a little man, I put a smile on my face this morning, but I had to move it a little bit.

>> Whoa. It's all coming out the back.

>> Watch it.

>> Lex: We should have made it a bigger depression in there. We were pissed about the fact that when we got there, it looked like a bunch of lazy people had been running the camp. You know, can you lift it up so I can just dig a pit for us? There was an amount of ash a foot and a half high. They hadn't really been taking care of their fire carefully. There was almost no fire wood inside the camp. One of my first questions was, you know, "Where's all the fire wood? And..."

>>> And so you're all welcome to look around. We've pretty much yanked all the fire wood.

>> We can do a fire wood run after we go to the water hole.

>> Yeah, but there's not just much around.

>> We've all... We've worked really hard and suffered a lot with no food and no water and stuff like that, and just to see people out here who just don't take it seriously and and be stuck with them, it's painful.

>> Did you find the mouth...

>> I'll look.

>> We kind of made a little path with rocks.

>> It's a very odd path.

>> It's really mushy. If you step in the wrong spot, you'll sink.

>> Now go left.

>> Oh, left?

>> Yeah, now go left.

>> And then straight? Do we go over the dry river bed?

>> No. Go along it. There's a path right there. Go north.

>> Okay. It was obvious that these people were napping all day and that they weren't doing squat. This is mud.

>> They've been drinking out of a mud hole.

>> Hi.

>> Hello.

>> Yeah, it's pretty harsh, huh?

>> Yeah.

>> Yeah, this is sick. Oh, my god, it's even dirtier today.

>> It's really bad.

>> We've been clearing it out.

>> Do you guys do laundry in this?

>> Yeah.

>> Tom: I don't know. They keep waiting for a mysterious thing to happen here. After wood's going to fall out of the sky, there's going to be an artesian well coming up in the camp. But I don't think that's going to happen, and I feel like we're going to have to get out there and pull the plow.

>> You want small stuff.

>> All this stuff burns, like, a damn.

>> I'm definitely on the other side right now. I was on the good side. Now I'm on the bad side. This twist in the game has really stuck a thorn in my side.

>> I wanted this. I wanted you on my team anyway.

>> I know, that's what I said, man.

>> I said, "if you, like, give me him, we'll be straight."

>> Do you think this is a cool thing to happen?

>> Teresa: Frank and I thought, "Are we going down this way?"

>> Obviously, either you or Frank was next.

>> Teresa: Yeah.

>> Frank and T, this has just rejuvenated their life. I mean this is like a whole new opportunity for them because they knew that at least one of them was going to go the next vote.

>> Teresa: All this happening today, Frank and I looked at each other and thought, you know...

>> Frank: We're alive again.

>> There's, like, nine of them.

>> They're there. Oh, yeah, I see them right through here, actually, right there.

>> I don't see the babies.

>> I see this large one coming up behind this one, as well. It's nice... There's a trumpeting of the elephant. Magnificent creature this close. Unbelievable.

>> Even in the face of defeat, we're not going down. You never give up, absolutely not, right till the end. Not till I'm six feet underground.

>> They're asking you guys to vote with them, but they wouldn't tell you which one of you they were going to vote off?

>> Teresa: Right.

>> Frank: That's how bad it was, you know, it was just... And when they tried to tell Teresa to vote for Lindsey because they wanted Lindsey to keep all the strikes against her...

>> Those same people told you to vote for...

>> They wanted to keep...

>> The other three needed because they were an alliance, they weren't going to break up, so as long as they had the control...

>> Frank: It's even better. They told Linda and Teresa, "now, you guys vote like that and we'll drag you along."

>> So both times you guys went to tribal council, it was, like, all-out war.

>> Frank: And I told you, never give up, right, girls?

>> Teresa: You did.

>> Frank: Not till the end.

>> Kelly: This is no Samburu tribe. I'm not on the Samburu tribe. The red is red. I'm still on Boran. So is Lex. So is Tom.

>> Tom: We've been herded like a castrated bull and we've got a queer and two girls as tight as a badger hole. And I don't think we can get rid of... I think we'll have to try to go for Lindsey. She's a whiner. But they're out here doing nothing. Ain't done nothing.

>> I think Brandon's got at least a vote against him, though.

>> You think that?

>> Uh-huh. I think Frank, I think Frank voted for him. Hey, you guys didn't do three hours, did you?

>> I thought we were out there for at least two and a half.

>> Let's don't get caught huddled up.

>> Lindsey: I hate this game. One vote against me, and I'm out. It's not even a question. I guarantee you none of these people have four votes against them.

>> We have to anticipate going to Tribal Council because you're outmanned so drastically. If this challenge is in any way physical, I don't see the point in playing. We will lose.

>> But I think we will lose the game.

>> Yeah? Why?

>> Because they have Silas and Clarence and Ethan.

>> Oh, man.

>> Kelly: The good part about it is that me, Lex and Tom have no votes against us.

>> Good morning.

>> Kelly: So no matter who they pick, we should be okay as long as we pick the one of them that has votes against them. Tom and I and Lex have sort of whispered. You've got to watch it. We all like Brandon the best, I mean... It's not true. I like him, too, but Kim is such a physical threat. And Lindsey everyone thinks is really annoying.

>> It'll be all right. I...

>> Lindsey: I got me a tick on my ass.

>> It's no big deal. It's just...

>> This is going to be hot, all right?

>> Are you going to scald me?

>> Want to check your finger?

>> I can do it.

>> Put it right here.

>> It's just going to pop that off when get him.

>> Okay, that's hot. That's really hot.

>> Tom: Lindsey had a tick on her butt, and tell you the truth, when a woman had trouble on her butt, i told her that's just what I was made for.

>> Lindsey: Ow!.

>> Tom: It was one of the... It was one of the nicest jobs I've had to do here so far.

>> Lindsey: Oh, god.

>> Okay, let me check him.

>> See, he's already moving. He's not happy.

>> Is that all right?

>> Son of a bitch.

>> I think pretty soon, we can pull him he's just going to come out.

>> All right.

>> Did you get him?

>> We got him and I got his head too.

>> You did? Are you sure?

>> Yeah.

>> Thank you.

>> Tom: I think it was good for her. And good for me. It was kind of a refreshing reward.

>> Probst: Getting my first look at the reformed Samburu and Boran tribes. Not near as much talking today as there has been in others. All right. Let's get to today's reward challenge. For a lot of the people, indigenous people here in east Africa, goat herding, it's a way of life. A pretty simple challenge. Got 40 goats in, there they've been marked, 20 with Samburu colors, 20 with Boran colors. The first tribe to get their 20 goats into their own pen at the finish line wins the reward. Here are the rules: One gate keeper from each tribe, that person will stay in your pen and they're responsible for getting your goats in and keeping the other tribe's goats out. Here's what you're playing for: A nice little home here, three egg-laying chickens, one rooster. For the winning tribe, certainly a big decision. You can either use these guys for their eggs and have fresh food every day. On the other hand, you may attract predators at night. I'll give you a couple of minutes to pick your gate keeper and we'll go.

>> Probst: All right, guys, here we go. Survivors ready? Go!

>> Probst: That's one, Boran. Boran, that's two. That's three.

>> Probst: Boran, you're at four. Boran at five.

>> Probst: Boran, that's six. Samburu, that's one. Boran at seven. Samburu, you got seven. Boran, you're at eight. Boran, you're at nine.

>> Come on, baby, come on!

>> Probst: That's ten for Boran. That's 11, Boran. Nine, Samburu. What have you got, Teresa? Samburu, you got 14. 16, Boran. 17. Boran's got 17. That's 18. 19. 17, Samburu. 18, Samburu. 20, Boran wins.

>> Whoa! Yea!

>> Probst: Chickens and plenty of feed. You guys got to carry these home.

>> If we can carry those goats, we can carry those chickens.

>> Probst: Nice job. Congratulations.

>> Thank you.

>> Sorry, baby.
>> Frank is in "7th heaven," killing a chicken tonight.

>> I know it.

>> Yep.

>> Oh, well. We'll beat them next time.

>> Yep.

>> Kim: Seeing our old tribemates now being against us was kind of weird in the beginning. You know, it was definitely annoying to see Silas and Frank were really, like, blocking us from getting into the little crals. It was frustrating just because it's, like, Silas, you know, it's something we were working together with and now he's working against you, so it was very frustrating.

>> Lindsey: This sucks so bad, I know. Silas, too.

>> Kim: All after sudden there's... I mean there's nothing here to do... We didn't know this was going to happen.

>> Lindsey: There's no stability out here. It's just, like, work walking on egg shells every second. And it just gets frustrating. It's really draining, i mean we're hungry, we're tired, you know, we just had this new team appear and we're all stressed out. And I'm just emotional over it all, you know, I've made these great new friends and I'm so excited to leave with this experience because it's awesome, but I'm not ready to leave yet and I'm terrified. I don't want to go.

>> Brandon: I don't care. Right now all I'm going to tell all of you is we are winning immunity if there is a challenge tomorrow and there is no doubt about it.

>> Brandon: She doesn't think about strategy at all. She just runs her mouth and she's, like, right now she's just running scared they're going to vote for her. And she doesn't care that we're trying so extra hard, Kim and I, to keep that from happening.

>> Lindsey: You guys, I almost cried when I saw Silas and then after the challenge, I wanted to punch him out.

>> Brandon: I will find a way to get them to vote for me tomorrow, as long as you all just... We have to stick...

>> Do you want to read that book again tonight? You can't let one of them look at you while you read the book.

>> Brandon: We'll say I'll do it with you and let's just leave it at that.

>> Brandon: When are you, like, doing everything, everything for you team, like, you've got two girls that are trying, like, their damndest to save their own ass, they'll vote with you, you have to tell them who to vote for, you have to tell them what to do, you have to say, "You don't have to be so nice today, you can be a little bit bitchy because they're both screwed when do you that. ." All they do is cry and whine and moan and bitch all the time, I'm just like... It's such a great thing that I'm gay because I could not stand to put up with a crying woman now. I couldn't do it.

>> Clarence: So from your team, Lindsey is four votes. She has more than that.

>> Silas: She has four.

>> Clarence: Me and her, if it came down to it we'd be tied.

>> Silas: I see what you mean because...

>> Clarence: All the immunity challenges are huge to us. This one coming up is just a stepping stone to the next one, especially for Silas and I. We have bull's eyes on us, no doubt, so we got to make the most out of what's happening. Take a big lead and then pick off the others one by one.

>> If we start telling him to vote for Silas, I don't trust him. He might go to Silas and tell him because he's trying to be friends with Silas.

>> He won't come to you-to one of you guys and say, "Let's get off the big guy?"

>> No. They thinks they're making some bond together. He's very foolish that way. I mean he really believes that the two of us can go into it and win the thing, the two of them together. So...

>> I just think he'll go with him...

>> No, I don't think he'll vote for Silas.

>> Okay.

>> Kim, this may sound crazy and i've never done this in my life, I'm an athlete, I've never fixed anything. I'm like, "what would you think if we lost this next challenge on purpose?" It's going to be very tough for me not to win this. I mean I'll be honest with you because I've never done that in my life.

>> I know. Two more immunity challenges before the merger. I talked with Kim and also with Ethan that, if we didn't win this one, that was okay.

>> Immunity challenge is a win-win situation. We win the challenge, great, we don't have to go to Tribal Council. We lose, we end up going to Tribal Council and I get to vote off, you know, my biggest threat.

>> Are we all ready?

>> Probst: Take it back. Immunity is back up for grabs. Today's immunity challenge is very simple, as simple as it gets. Behind you guys are 20 pieces to a puzzle. The first tribe to put the puzzle back together correctly wins. One key element: You must work together as a tribe. You don't have teamwork, you will lose. For the winners, at least three more days in Africa, one step closer to the merge. For the losers, another visit to Tribal Council, another member voted out of your tribe. I'll give you guys a couple of minutes to figure out your strategy. Wait for my go.

>> Guys grab the higher pieces.

>> You are the center man, you tell us what to get and we're grabbing them and bringing them down.

>> Probst: Immunity at stake. Survivors ready? Go!

>> Kelly, where does this go?

>> Just put it down.

>> We'll make it happen.

>> Okay, this goes right here. Move these.

>> Does this go up front? This is the head. Very front.

>> This right here, this goes here.

>> Where am I going?

>> In that corner by the man.

>> All right, pull this, Kim, pull this.

>> It's in. It's in.

>> Push it in, Kim.

>> Look at the color schemes. Look at the colors. Look at the colors. Move that. Move that. In the very front. Move, move, move. Right here, come on.

>> No, no, no. We need a sharp point.

>> It's right there, Ethan. Does that fit? No, that doesn't fit.

>> Down here. Like this. Right there.

>> All right.

>> Silas: That's it, that's it. Come on, let's go! I need a point here. I need a point here.

>> Put it in. Put it in. Yes! Yes!

>> We ... we have it wrong. Move, move.

>> That goes there.

>> Probst: Samburu. It's over, Boran.

>> Right here, right here.

>> Probst: That's it.

>> Yea!

>> Probst: Samburu, immunity.

>> Yes!

>> We got it.

>> Probst: You know what's coming next, right? Tribal Council tonight. You're going to lose another member.

>> Don't worry about it. Good work.

>> Ethan: Me and Silas had it out over in the bushes. He's like, "Ethan, let's go get some wood." I'm like okay, we're going to have a meeting.

>> Silas: Let me tell you this, Frank stabbed everybody in my tribe in the back. He would have been gone a long time ago, but we needed a strength.

>> Ethan: Meanwhile in my head I'm, like, I like Frank.

>> Silas: I don't know, just god... He's the most manipulative of them all.

>> Ethan: And like, well, I see Clarence as a threat to me come the merger. I don't see Frank as a threat to me at all.

>> Silas: I don't either.

>> Ethan: I have a tough time with Clarence, and that's what it comes down to and I don't want him here, it's as simple as that. I haven't wanted him here since day three.

>> Silas: I think i can get Frank to, you know....

>> Ethan: Vote for Clarence?

>> Silas: Uh-huh.

>> Silas: Ethan and Kim, they've had their problems, I guess with Clarence and they'd like to see him out, so I don't think he's got the cards in his hand on this one. This one's going to slip through.

>> Clarence's past experiences have been related to Teresa, Silas and Frank, the fact that the canned food and that he had no permission to do it and I think there have been rumbling with the new tribe members that we've had some issues of trust with Clarence.

>> Kim: Silas makes Ethan very nervous, and I think that he has very strong connections in his other tribe. Are you in an alliance at all?

>> Silas: Well, with the three that were left behind. It's, like, Ethan and Lex and Tom. More than anything, I want to get to the merger.

>> Kim: So you are in alliance with the three others?

>> Silas: No. Just personality-wise. There was no alliance.

>> Kim: I'm glad you told me because I didn't realize that you were so tight that three other ones that were already there and so that's why it's important that you get to the merger, too.

>> Silas: I came to win, obviously. You came to win. I mean there's only...

>> Right.

>> He may be a real nice guy in real life. In our tribe, I don't buy his schmoozing.

>> Look at me right now.

>> Silas: I went to get word with Ethan and just kind of and to pick his brain and he said he wanted to get rid of Clarence, and he has some feelings towards Clarence and I know Kim does, too. And hopefully those are strong enough to convince T and Frank to vote for him and he'll go home.

>> What were you talking to Clarence about?

>> I told Clarence because I think...

>> I think you're all against me now.

>> Come on.

>> We were in there this morning. You were going to get their votes.

>> Damn it.

>> I thought you were... About T and Frank getting Clarence, I thought we were going to be five against one.

>> You, me and Clarence are going to vote for Frank.

>> I don't think Kim wants to vote for Frank.

>> Who does she want to vote for?

>> Clarence, if anyone. I'm dying to see what's going to happen. It's tough, but I definitely know it's going to be probably myself or Clarence. It's going to be a good tribal council tonight.

>> Probst: Hey, guys.

>> Hey, Jeff.

>> Probst: It's been a busy three days.

>> Yeah.

>> Probst: Ethan, what was your reaction when these three new guys showed up at your camp?

>> Ethan: Well, our first reaction was they're coming to, you know, steal our flag or, you know, steal something from our tribe. So we were very skeptical and paranoid, I guess could you say. But then we saw they had our buffs on, they're like, "listen, we're part of you now." And it was absolute shock. You know, my stomach dropped, I didn't know what to think, and I was just like oh, my god.

>> The thing that was hard, it seemed because we had agonized over who was going to go and who was going to stay and we had all kinds of reasons why the people that were going should go. And then when we actually saw what had happened, you you still weren't sure if you had made the right decision to go or to stay. It was, like, you didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

>> Probst: Silas, spending three days with this new tribe, do you feel now that you guys are one tribe together, or are there still two tribal lines in there?

>>Silas: Well, Jeff, as soon as you swapped the buffs on us and gave us the new colors, obviously it was a new game, so I think when we're all wearing yellow buffs, we're a team. And I think the Samburu, the same thing. They're wearing red and they're a team.

>> Probst: Frank, would you say your lot was improved or weakened by this swap?

>> Frank: Personally, improved, most definitely. Camp conditions, excellent, good open line of communication, very mature people. Respected, two-way street, seem to have their priorities very well set, their security high. I really like it.

>> Probst: Clarence, what are the new things for you as another young alpha male is coming in here? Does that lessen the need for you?

>> Clarence: No. Actually, Silas coming in actually, you know, helps. I think that we're stronger together, you know, and I think everyone here realizes that we're stronger together. Obviously, we saw that with the goats, you know, I picked up two goats and it certainly helped, you know, having my new tag team partner, now that Tom's gone, having him pick up two goats. So you know, having him here is definitely going to be a benefit more so than a hindrance for me.

>> Probst: Okay, guys, time to vote. Silas, you're first.

>> Clarence: I love you, man, but I can't trust you.

>> Probst: I'll go tally the votes. Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I'll read the votes. First vote, Silas. Silas. Silas. The fourth and deciding vote, Silas. No need to read the other two. You need to bring me your torch, Silas. Silas, the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go.

>> Probst: Well, there's been a lot of assumptions made by you guys so far in this game. One of them is that, in three days, there'll be a merge. You can head back to camp. I'll see you tomorrow.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed Rose Red 11-09-01 1
 RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed Outfrontgirl 11-09-01 2
 RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed PepeLePew13 11-09-01 3
 RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed 40thandUp 11-09-01 4
 RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed janisella 11-09-01 5
 Good addition! George Tirebiter 11-09-01 6
   Corrections AyaK 11-09-01 7
 RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed Mumbo Jumbo 11-10-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-09-01, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed"
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this word-by-word summary of one of the greatest, most hilarious episodes of "Survivor" EVER! THANK YOU!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed"
DiamondK--Thank you!
This is great for those whispered mixed up conversations that are hard to catch.

As a tool, how fabulous to have a written record of the quote instead of everyone having to rewind their VCR's over and over,
AND
a boon to summary writers who have to recap the whole episode and can copy and paste if they want to do quotes.
(As they say, you can't make this stuff up!)

I hope you continue (says summary writer of Ep6).

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 03:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed"
As some of you know by now, I depend on captions to follow what's going on the screen and it is hard to keep up occasionally when more than one person is talking in rapid-fire -- sometimes you just don't catch who said what. I wish Survivor would do it the same way as the soap operas do it -- start each caption 'paragraph' with the character's name.

This is a great help, AyaK and DiamondK, to have this transcript in print... this will be excellent to use as a reference to check back on what people said.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

40thandUp 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-09-01, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 40thandUp Click to send private message to 40thandUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-01 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

Excellent info capture.

>> Probst: Well, there's been a lot of assumptions made by you guys so far in this game. ***One of them is that, in three days, there'll be a merge.*** You can head back to camp. I'll see you tomorrow.

So do we think another twist is on the way regarding the merge? And it not taking place in 3 days?

****realized that this point was already covered in another thead so no point in making it again here sorry...coffee...I need coffee to start this day properly.....*****

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-01, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed"
Thanks for doing this. It could prove to be helpful knowing exactly what was said in some of those whispered conversations (providing the close captioning is accurate, of course).

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-01, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Good addition!"
Wow! I can't believe it took 2 1/2 seasons to get the idea to look at the captioning! I may switch it on for good!! (Son's roommate keeps it on for some odd reason, and I'm always distracted from the show by it--esp. the silly way they have to write stuff to denote sound effects.)

One thing--in the midst of the tick episode, Lex is attributed with Tom's lines about the "refreshing" reward and all. . . made it a bit confusing to suddenly have names--and the wrong ones! I guess that's a danger with captioning--there's always stuff they don't get quite right.

And Tom was talking about "the queer and two girls tight as a badger HERD?" I thought he'd said "hole"--either that one is still up for debate, or Tom has carried his down-home proclamations to new heights of idiocy (badgers do not travel in herds. . . they're solitary critters.) I kind of liked the mental picture of the three of them wedged in a hole together. . .

Only thing more fun than watching this episode was seeing the inane dialogue written out for us--really, no one could write stuff this bizarre and be taken seriously! I appreciate the entertainment.

GT

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Corrections"
Thanks, GT -- I already made a number of corrections and will make these as well. The "badger herd" was unfortunately my error in cleaning up a word that came out that wasn't English, and I'll fix the attributions of Tom's quotes to Lex. If you have any more corrections, please post them here.

One of the interesting things is that "Lex" often came out as "Election" in the closed captioning.

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-10-01, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: E5: The Closed Captioning Feed"
There were a couple of parts that I found really interesting:

>>> Do you want to read that book again tonight? You can't let one of them look at you while you read the book.
>
>>> Brandon: We'll say I'll do it with you and let's just leave
>it at that.

What book? None of them brought a book as a luxury item so it's got to be the Survivor handbook. Lindsey cramming with the Survivor handbook, which is the tie-breaker at TC after previous votes, no that wouldn't be obvious to the x-Borans at all. That's why they didn't want the Borans to see. But it's really Brandon and Kim that need to study in case they do deflect the votes away from Lindsey. Lindsey is acting so emotional and panicky over IC, it would take a Moron not to pick up on it and Brandi and friends are not dealing with morons.

>>> Well, with the three that were left behind. It's, like, Ethan and Lex and Tom. More than anything, I want to get to the merger.
>
>>> So you are in alliance with the three others?
>
>>> No. Just personality-wise. There was no alliance.

When Silas said it's like Ethan, Lex and Tom does this mean that everyone knows about their alliance and doesn't care or that the other Borans think they're just good friends. From the inside Survivor stuff that Sleeve posted, Clarence & Kelly seemed onto the L/T/E alliance. I get the impression that Mama Kim really likes E and would like him to stay in the game regardless of his alliance. And after the joy in Boran when they won immunity and saved Mama Kim it seems to be mutual. It's just a little odd.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •